NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Glad you got back safely, Linda, after, what sounds like, a lovely few days. Yes, thanks, I'm enjoying my half term week. Not done much but that's been nice in itself!

Sorry to hear about the freezer trauma, Doreen. Can you not claim something on your house insurance or wasn't there enough food in there to make it worthwhile? Glad the family's back later. :) xx

Thx Kathy - a great break! And we all know that we all benefit from not doing much too! ~Yes a real pain for you Doreen xx

Oh what a waste throwing that food away - what a nuisance and a waste of money too, kind of your friend to clear it all out for you. Glad the family will be back soon - bet they'll be tired and you'll be chuffed to have them back and hand the lead and the rolled up socks back!!

Yes we love London - like going to Camden/Chalk Farm area - interesting. Of course, London is so different to the sticks where we live - it takes us a few hours to get used to the traffic etc!!xx

Glad you got back safely, Linda, after, what sounds like, a lovely few days. Yes, thanks, I'm enjoying my half term week. Not done much but that's been nice in itself!

Sorry to hear about the freezer trauma, Doreen. Can you not claim something on your house insurance or wasn't there enough food in there to make it worthwhile? Glad the family's back later. :) xx

I think there has to be £100 of wasted food. Will ring them when I get home. Good idea anyway.

THEY HAVE LANDED. I HATE WAITING FOR THE CLOCK TO CHANGE. WON`T BE TOO LONG NOW. THE DOG WILL GO CRAZY. I DIDN`T REALISE HOW WORRIED I WAS. Will get a call when they get to the car. Reckon at least 1.1/2 hours.

You will have to give us a rundown of your travels when you come back Linda.

I think there has to be £100 of wasted food. Will ring them when I get home. Good idea anyway.

THEY HAVE LANDED. I HATE WAITING FOR THE CLOCK TO CHANGE. WON`T BE TOO LONG NOW. THE DOG WILL GO CRAZY. I DIDN`T REALISE HOW WORRIED I WAS. Will get a call when they get to the car. Reckon at least 1.1/2 hours.

You will have to give us a rundown of your travels when you come back Linda.

That's a lot of food & money gone to waste Doreen - a real shame. Yes a relief to know the family are back I'm sure, but they will be late getting home.

We arrived home late afternoon today and both of us feel we've benefitted from the break but we're shattered after all the walking! Hope u sleep well,and enjoy the children's company 2moro xx

Last edited:
Train half hour late.

Hopefully the got home safe and sound eventually - enjoy ur time with the children.

I'm back on plan (so far, so good - but have eve meal planned) done 30 min exercise and not weighed - so a good start to the day!

Ouiet here today - hope Doreen is having fun with the family - although I expect they're tired - but hope they're not too tired to deal with the doggy! We've had a chilling day too - here's my food plan:

B: orange and ff yogurt
L: tinned spaghetti and heb toast, another orange
D: Chicken curry and rice - mango, ff yogurt
Syns: crackers 3.5 syns, cheese 3 syns (if I'd had called this a green day I think the cheese could have been a 2nd hex a but to be safe, I've synned it)
Snack: apple
Drinks - fruit tea, water
30 mins exercise

Hope you've all had good days and that's it for my food today!!

Last edited:
Evening Doreen, hope you've had a nice day today. Not good about the train being late but hopefully they got there safe and sound.

upndown, today's food sounds lovely :) x

Evening Doreen, hope you've had a nice day today. Not good about the train being late but hopefully they got there safe and sound.

upndown, today's food sounds lovely :) x

Thanks Tink - hope you've had a good day and ur looking forward to the weekend!xx

I am home. Washing done. Lunch had. Now out to visit a friend for a nice coffee. Will catch up later or tomorrow.

I am home. Washing done. Lunch had. Now out to visit a friend for a nice coffee. Will catch up later or tomorrow.

Bet ur glad to be home - enjoy visiting ur friend - see u soon!xx

Food for today.

Saturday 21st February

Hexa milk. Hexb 2 bread

B: Coffee
L: 2 BGTY sausages, (2 syns) 2 bread 1/2 tbls brown sauce,(1/2 syn) lettuce
D: 4 BGTY sausage, (4 syns) roasted parsnip, potatoe slices onion, tomato, courgette.
Grapes, yogurt.

6.1/2 syns

I am going to try not to have anything else, mind you I only have eggs, sausages and bread. Only burgers in the freezer. :rolleyes:

I have not been really good while I have been away. Didn`t get weighed Friday as I had Flynn and after such a late night didn`t feel like being told I had put on weight.

I weighed myself when I got home - had only had a coffee - It said I had put on 2lbs. or was it 2.1/2 cannot remember. I was quite pleased with that. Sure I can get that and more off for Friday. Had McD`s with Flynn Friday as well has lots of biscuits during the week. I suppose the dog walking or pulling would have helped with that.

It was nice to see my friend this afternoon for a coffee and catch up.

I am very tired and will have a coffee and catch up on some TV then an early night.

I will try and do some catching up tomorrow.

Well a bit of a lazy day here - sun shining but very cold! Felt hungry today so had lots, yet on plan food - wd liked to have eaten less to make up for off plan days but I thought it was better to eat more SW stuff than to blow it!!

B: 2 rashers bacon, toast heb, half syn for ketchup, ff yogurt
L: cheese (hea) and onion, 3 egg omelette with baked beans, ff yogurt and an orange
D: lamb steak, peas and sweetcorn, potatoes, roast onion, mint sauce, (not much veg in - not been shopping yet!)

Syns: wanted choc but cdn't trust myself to go and buy any - might have bought the shop out! so made do with a yogurty concoction - partly froze a ff yogurt, then mixed it with another one from the fridge then added defrosted berries and added 15g of porage oats - 3 syns it was surprisingly nice but not as good as choc!

Made some of those jelly sweets 1.5 syns and going to have some crackers 3 syns

Total syns: 7.5

Drinks: fruit tea, water

Last edited:
I am going to try not to have anything else, mind you I only have eggs, sausages and bread. Only burgers in the freezer. :rolleyes:

I have not been really good while I have been away. Didn`t get weighed Friday as I had Flynn and after such a late night didn`t feel like being told I had put on weight.

I weighed myself when I got home - had only had a coffee - It said I had put on 2lbs. or was it 2.1/2 cannot remember. I was quite pleased with that. Sure I can get that and more off for Friday. Had McD`s with Flynn Friday as well has lots of biscuits during the week. I suppose the dog walking or pulling would have helped with that.

I am very tired and will have a coffee and catch up on some TV then an early night.

I'm sure it was much nicer being with Flynn rather than go to WI!

A great day Doreen!

So that's u, Linda and me trying to get back on plan and lose our gains - whether we know how much that is or not! Anyway - let's do it together - I wd like my first WI at SW (this time round!) to be as low as poss on Tuesday and I'm sure you want the same for ur WI day! xx

Sleep well xx

Hehe, first thing I do when I get home from anywhere is unpack straight into the washing machine :). Glad you're off out, even though you've only just got back, you'll be relaxed and can unwind with your friend. Diaries will be here whenever you fancy a read.

I'm not surprised you didn't go to weigh in, I'd not have fancied it after a tough week either. I can see you're feeling a bit fed up over it all though, its obviously been very tiring and not your best week away, so catch up on sleep and essential jobs and just have some time to yourself, to do what YOU want to do. NO sausages sandwiches though.... be good with that bread, I know how tempting it is for you. Eggs are good if you do get hungry and quick to do as well, either fried, scrambled or turned into an omelette. I also try and keep a couple of hard boiled eggs handy for 'emergency' snacks. xx

Well a bit of a lazy day here - sun shining but very cold! Felt hungry today so had lots, yet on plan food - wd liked to have eaten less to make up for off plan days but I thought it was better to eat more SW stuff than to blow it!!

B: 2 rashers bacon, toast heb, half syn for ketchup, ff yogurt
L: cheese (hea) and onion, 3 egg omelette with baked beans, ff yogurt and an orange
D: lamb steak, peas and sweetcorn, potatoes, roast onion, mint sauce, (not much veg in - not been shopping yet!)

Syns: wanted choc but cdn't trust myself to go and buy any - might have bought the shop out! so made do with a yogurty concoction - partly froze a ff yogurt, then mixed it with another one from the fridge then added defrosted berries and added 15g of porage oats - 3 syns it was surprisingly nice but not as good as choc!

Drinks: fruit tea, water

We started the day with surprise snow... heavy and coming down in huge flakes, lol, but it didn't last long and soon disappeared without trace. Later it was lovely and sunny and soon shot up to 25deg in the conservatory, it was lovely to sit out there with a coffee and just soak it up... until it got too hot lol.

Anyway, totally agree with your reasoning, better to eat more on plan food than blow it on something that could even lead to more. Your food sounds great, all things I like so I probably would think that hehe. You did very well with your yogurty concoction, which was probably quite filling and kept you going. i keep forgetting to freeze yogurts, it does make them seem a bit 'more' somehow.

All told, I think you had a good day twinny and its lovely to know you're holding out there too. xx

So that's u, Linda and me trying to get back on plan and lose our gains - whether we know how much that is or not! Anyway - let's do it together - I wd like my first WI at SW (this time round!) to be as low as poss on Tuesday and I'm sure you want the same for ur WI day! xx

Sleep well xx

Oh yes.... like the Three Musketeers, we head into the next challenge "All for one and one for all". :)

We started the day with surprise snow... heavy and coming down in huge flakes, lol, but it didn't last long and soon disappeared without trace. Later it was lovely and sunny and soon shot up to 25deg in the conservatory, it was lovely to sit out there with a coffee and just soak it up... until it got too hot lol.

Anyway, totally agree with your reasoning, better to eat more on plan food than blow it on something that could even lead to more. Your food sounds great, all things I like so I probably would think that hehe. You did very well with your yogurty concoction, which was probably quite filling and kept you going. i keep forgetting to freeze yogurts, it does make them seem a bit 'more' somehow.

All told, I think you had a good day twinny and its lovely to know you're holding out there too. xx

Yes amazing to have snow one minute and hot sunshine the next!

Well we've all had a good on plan day - so let's go for another one each 2moro ladies! I'll be at Mil's for much of the day - we'll be making lunch there - all on plan I hope!! Will def need my choc ration 2moro but will leave it until after dinner to avoid overdoing it! xx

Back