NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Back on plan again from today 2.5lb on yesterday ...all my own fault tho x
Have a good Sunday x

Glad ur back on plan - hope ur day goes well xx

Haha can I be d'artagnan. (The fourth one) Ive had a terrible food week up 2.5lb!! :eek:

Yes you're welcome to join our Musketeer gang (all welcome!) let's go for it this week - u know that loss will disappear as quickly as it arrived when u get back on plan!

Yes, Upndown, you were the Linda I was referring to, although I'm sure Cloudy is totally angelic too! :D It was with regard to your London trip where, to me, you sounded very restrained, whereas I would have thought, stuff it (and me!), I'm on my hols! Thought you were very controlled! :) xx

Linda was just saying I'm on holiday the week of 9/3 if you would like to meet up in Cheshire Oaks for a coffee with myself and Kathryn and poss Sam x

Yes that wd be good - I cd give Sam a liftxx

Yes, Upndown, you were the Linda I was referring to, although I'm sure Cloudy is totally angelic too! :D It was with regard to your London trip where, to me, you sounded very restrained, whereas I would have thought, stuff it (and me!), I'm on my hols! Thought you were very controlled! :) xx

ur right I was controlled on 2 days out of 4! Do u do SW from home or go to a class? xx

I do it from home but am an on-line member. To be honest, when I went to class (which I've done twice, losing 3 stones each time and stupidly put it back on again), if I was going out, the thought of being weighed in class was still not enough to deter the self-sabotage if I went out! :D The thing that put me off going to class too was, even when I'd been totally good, if I hadn't lost or even put on, it'd make me feel completely disheartened so that's why I thought I'd just do it at home this time. I think my biggest failing is not having any proper dessert. There's only so much yoghurt and fruit I can take! I know you can have Synned chocolate/cakes, etc., but, once I start, I can't stop so I'd rather do without!

I thought, what with doing my recipe thread, I'd be able to source quite a few dessert recipes but still haven't come across many. :(

Good luck with re-starting at class, Linda. :) xx

I do it from home but am an on-line member. To be honest, when I went to class (which I've done twice, losing 3 stones each time and stupidly put it back on again), if I was going out, the thought of being weighed in class was still not enough to deter the self-sabotage if I went out! :D The thing that put me off going to class too was, even when I'd been totally good, if I hadn't lost or even put on, it'd make me feel completely disheartened so that's why I thought I'd just do it at home this time. I think my biggest failing is not having any proper dessert. There's only so much yoghurt and fruit I can take! I know you can have Synned chocolate/cakes, etc., but, once I start, I can't stop so I'd rather do without!

I thought, what with doing my recipe thread, I'd be able to source quite a few dessert recipes but still haven't come across many. :(

Good luck with re-starting at class, Linda. :) xx

Thank u and - yes I'm a serial loser/gainer too - I'm re-re-re-joining in the hope I can get to goal (not achieved that before altho I've been very close!) Then I hope to go to class to get weighed regularly to maintain - well I've always been an optimist!

No there aren't many yummy low syn desserts or cakes around are there? Altho' when I'm desperate I quite like the lemon cous cous cake with greek yogurt and I have a recipe for SW choc brownies which I adapt by using lots less sweetener (not keen on the taste) and add chopped apricots and or nuts (not nits as I originally typed!) it's been created by someone not officially SW's recipe - and it's the best I've tried - I cd post it if u like? I am a bit hit and miss with the scan bran cakes - but I have made a few really nice carrot cake versions in the past - ooh might try again this week to keep me on track!

Ooh that reminds me Doreen - I promised I'd send u a soup recipe - will do soon - sorry ! xx

Ooh, yes please! Another brownie recipe is always good! :) Good luck with your next restart then, Linda. Just wish someone would invent totally yummy food, that is completely good for you! Wouldn't that be great? No more Synning, calorie counting, over-thinking what to eat. Just dive in to delicious food whenever you like. Ah, well. We can always dream! :) xx

Well done for getting back on track - ooh love slow cooker brisket - enjoy!xx

It was beautiful but should have stopped when i was full and not ate my mash as now got cramp lol xx

It was beautiful but should have stopped when i was full and not ate my mash as now got cramp lol xx

Hope it keeps u full for a while! Sounds lovely and all on plan to me - ooh off for my late lunch now .....xx

Thank u and - yes I'm a serial loser/gainer too - I'm re-re-re-joining in the hope I can get to goal (not achieved that before altho I've been very close!) Then I hope to go to class to get weighed regularly to maintain - well I've always been an optimist!

No there aren't many yummy low syn desserts or cakes around are there? Altho' when I'm desperate I quite like the lemon cous cous cake with greek yogurt and I have a recipe for SW choc brownies which I adapt by using lots less sweetener (not keen on the taste) and add chopped apricots and or nuts (not nits as I originally typed!) it's been created by someone not officially SW's recipe - and it's the best I've tried - I cd post it if u like? I am a bit hit and miss with the scan bran cakes - but I have made a few really nice carrot cake versions in the past - ooh might try again this week to keep me on track!

Ooh that reminds me Doreen - I promised I'd send u a soup recipe - will do soon - sorry ! xx

Both recipes would be lovely thank you - in your own time Linda :rolleyes:

My scan bran cakes are not good.

No thats how im looking at it and going to treat next 4 days as if it were Thursday and stay on plan 100% x got brisket cooking on low in slow cooker x so cant wait to have my sunday dinner lol x

I love brisket but always thought it was fatty. Maybe not. Can you just pick it up in Supermarket or do you have to go to a butcher?
Good luck.

Edit. Have just looked at Kathys recipes and I have seen silverside in supermarket so must look for some or brisket when I go shopping tomorrow

I buy brisket from my local farm shop, Doreen. When I first went I presumed it would be horrifically expensive but now I go every week. The food is locally sourced (the butcher know the farmer's names) and far superior to any supermarket meat. It is always really tasty and the butcher gives great advice, when needed and will cut the meats exactly as you want them. As for price, I was pleasantly surprised! It works out the same as in the supermarket and, sometimes, even cheaper! He is totally honest too.

One week when I asked for braising steak for the slow cooker, he told me, as it was for the slow cooker, the stewing steak was much better, as it doesn't disintegrate like the braising steak can do when cooked in that way. He actually pulled two bits of the different steaks apart, to show me the muscle structure in them! The stewing steak was quite a lot cheaper than the braising steak so he was doing himself out of making more money but he obviously values his customers. He also looks for the leanest cuts of braising steak to make into extra lean mince for me. When I cook it, no water and barely any fat come off any of his meats.

I would never revert back to buying supermarket meat now.

Sorry about the long post but think the farm shops are well worth checking out before we dismiss them as being much too expensive.

Hope you've had a good day, Doreen. xx

Sunday 22nd February

hexa milk. hexb

B: Coffee
L: banana and yogurt.
D:BNS & red pepper soup 1 BGTY burger (1 syn) roasted parsnip, mushrooms, toms, carrot, courgette, 2 h/e sausages (2 syns)

Raspberries in sugar free jelly (1,1/2 syns) and yogurt

4.1/2 syns total

I buy brisket from my local farm shop, Doreen. When I first went I presumed it would be horrifically expensive but now I go every week. The food is locally sourced (the butcher know the farmer's names) and far superior to any supermarket meat. It is always really tasty and the butcher gives great advice, when needed and will cut the meats exactly as you want them. As for price, I was pleasantly surprised! It works out the same as in the supermarket and, sometimes, even cheaper! He is totally honest too.

One week when I asked for braising steak for the slow cooker, he told me, as it was for the slow cooker, the stewing steak was much better, as it doesn't disintegrate like the braising steak can do when cooked in that way. He actually pulled two bits of the different steaks apart, to show me the muscle structure in them! The stewing steak was quite a lot cheaper than the braising steak so he was doing himself out of making more money but he obviously values his customers. He also looks for the leanest cuts of braising steak to make into extra lean mince for me. When I cook it, no water and barely any fat come off any of his meats.

I would never revert back to buying supermarket meat now.

Sorry about the long post but think the farm shops are well worth checking out before we dismiss them as being much too expensive.

Hope you've had a good day, Doreen. xx

Thanks for that Kathy. Don`t know if we have a farm shop near here, but will certainly make enquiries. I know we have a butcher in town who everybody says is really good. Will check there too. I actually do buy stewing steak for slow cooker as somebody mentioned to me some time ago that it is better.

I am out tomorrow after dentist to pick up some bits so will shop around.

Day started out not good for emotional reasons, but have been out for coffee with a friend and feel good now. Have posted food already I am that confident.
Well, I counted the whole jelly in case I want some later. :)

Oh no! Really sorry to hear you had a bad start to the day! Just glad it improved as the day went on. Let's hope tomorrow is better all the way through, although with a visit to the dentist again ........ Good luck with that, anyway. :) xx

Sorry to hear you had a bad start to the day Doreen, whatever it was I hope you are ok and not something that will continue to worry you. These things seem to be sent to try us and you've done well to stay on plan for the rest of the day. You've reminded me there is a jelly in the cupboard and some raspberries and blueberries in the fridge, so I'll be making that up in a minute, when I go and boil the kettle to make a cuppa. Just waiting for Lucy to get Millie settled in her cot, she's got a horrid cold and is so snuffly, it takes her a while to get off to sleep. She's so good with it though, little love, but hope it soon goes.
Anyway, you've been pretty low on syns, so keep at it and we'll be having a good week on the scales come Friday. xx

Thanks Linda. Not had jelly for a long time and putting frozen fruit into jelly in little pots in sets much quicker.

Yes day turned out good and nothing that will hang about, just emotions. xxxx

Back