NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

No Bubble you don`t know what is around the corner. I used to think a lot about the future, well worry really. I have spent a lot of time worrying about Flynn, no reason to think anything is going to happen except he is the love of my life and I suffer from anxiety, but learning how to control it. Well he is one of several loves but holds a veru special place in my heart.

I think Kathy that it is a shame that those pictures don`t bring out more.

You know Flynn went to Disney in Florida just before he was 2 yrs of age (he could go free, Faye was four and really wanted to go and that is the only way they could afford to do it ) well he thinks he can remember going, which I doubt very much but of course there are lots of photos, one of which is Sleeping Beauty kissing him and of the lipstick on his face. From that and other pictures he talks about it 4 years later as if he remembers it.

I agree with Bubble, so good to have somebody tell you stories about your Dad.

Aw, thank-you so much, bubbles. Think my older brother finds it especially hard because we'd all gone out for the day and, with him being 16 at the time, he didn't want to come with us and went out with his friends. Apparently, my Mum had forgotten to leave the key out for him and so we had to turn round. Of course, if we hadn't, we wouldn't have been in the accident. At such a young age, he then had to stand at the grave-side twice in a matter of days. Think he blames himself, even after all this time. My younger brother has started to mention a few things but he still isn't very forthcoming.

I'm sure your children will have lovely memories of you, bubbles. Children are so very precious, aren't they? Mine, now 28 and 30, accuse me of 'smother love' occasionally but I just laugh! :D xx

It's hard not to worry, isn't it, Doreen? Especially when we love children/people so much. They are so very lucky to have you though. I think the danger these days is, people don't tend to have actual photos as such. They tend to be kept on the computers and other devices more, which, if anything went wrong with them, I worry the pictures will be lost. Whenever possible, I like to print mine off.

Lack of photos with me on (because I don't like being photographed) was the main reason I started SW again, as I want my children to have as many as possible, for when I'm not around. Better behave a bit better from now on! :D Been good today anyway! xx

Hi - with the family now so happy - Poppy's event was lovely - had a tear in my eye when the choir sang! Hope u all had a good day?

Tough day day food wise - many gorgeous cakes at the event but I just had 2 coffees and here's the rest of my food:

Green

Brunch: my brownie/quark/berries/SW brownies/syrup mix - odd lunch but what I fancied 3 syns
Eve meal: cheese hea, bread heb , quark dessert 3 syns hi fi bar heb In car
Snacks, Apple , plums, freddo 5 syns Alpen light 4 syns

ss milk in coffee part hea

total syns - 15 - too many

We know now bladesforlife had a loss so that's great - hope u do too Doreen xx

I do restrict my naked WI to the bathroom - not a pretty sight! Hope ur nap refreshed u! xx

Hope u sleep peacefully - and ur sort ur thoughts - yes I think all the bits we nibble during a day add up - portion size is important too - I understand the SW advice to eat until ur satisfied but that doesn't happen to me until about 20/30 mins after I've eaten so hard to judge - so I often eat more than I need - just to make sure ;) !! xx

Yes i did so dont worry too much xx think about it this way, if you did have a gain then its a tiny obstacle in your fantastic weight loss journey and look at what you have achieved so far x

Hi - with the family now so happy - Poppy's event was lovely - had a tear in my eye when the choir sang! Hope u all had a good day?

Tough day day food wise - many gorgeous cakes at the event but I just had 2 coffees and here's the rest of my food:

Green

Brunch: my brownie/quark/berries/SW brownies/syrup mix - odd lunch but what I fancied 3 syns

Wow, Linda! Although you say there are too many Syns, you did incredibly well, considering those cakes were on offer! That's where I go wrong. If I'm out, I just think, oh well, I'm out so going to have a cake, etc. : ( Well done!

So glad you had such a lovely day too and that the singing went well. I think there's always a tear in the eye or a lump in the throat whenever children sing.

Good morning to all you other ladies too. Have a lovely Sunday. xx

Green

For a quick second I thought you were saying 15syns too many as in over the top. :) Whew!
Your food is always a often a bit different. Very nice Lunch. Didn`t you do well not having the cakes. I know how hard that can be each time I go to the cafe for my cuppa. I am sure we all know.

So glad you enjoyed the singing, it does bring a tear to your eye doesn`t it.
Sounds like you had a good day.

Mine was good foodwise yesterday and this morning spoke to my son in NZ.

Aw, thank-you so much, bubbles. Think my older brother finds it especially hard because we'd all gone out for the day and, with him being 16 at the time, he didn't want to come with us and went out with his friends. Apparently, my Mum had forgotten to leave the key out for him and so we had to turn round. Of course, if we hadn't, we wouldn't have been in the accident. At such a young age, he then had to stand at the grave-side twice in a matter of days. Think he blames himself, even after all this time. My younger brother has started to mention a few things but he still isn't very forthcoming. .....(QUOTE)

Saying about turning round to leave the key for your brother reminds me of when we went out as a family - My dear Mum used to plait hair for three girls. Get all the food ready for the picnic. (Picnic? we used to have a Primus stove on the beach and have bacon and beans for lunch believe it or not.) all Dad did was load the car (or taxi as we had in those old days) anyway back to the story, my Mum always forgot the money and hated Dad having to turn around to go back. Not that anything bad happened, except Dad would always say when we hit a traffic jam - if you had not forgotten the money!

I almost never turn around. The only time recently was when I didn`t have my phone on way to Haverhill. Only a mile back but usually remember my Mum and carry on.

As we got a little bigger we - my sisters and I - took him aside and told him he was unreasonable. Well! HE LAUGHED - and was much better after that. My Mum always said WWII changed him a lot. Strange what peoples stories can dig up in our minds,.

It is a shame your brother feels so bad, it is easy for anyone to say it will get easier but we can never be sure.

You know though, Doreen, when you were mentioning the 'picnic' and everything, didn't we just enjoy the simple things? Fancy you having a cooked meal, so to speak, on the beach! :D What lovely memories. As you say, it's funny what triggers certain things - like you thinking of your Mum and not turning round. :)

When you said, all your Dad did was load the car, that reminded me of when my children were little and we were going on holiday. I'd been so busy sorting out everyone else's things, that when we arrived at our destination, I hadn't packed a single top for myself!! Oh well, it was a great excuse to buy new ones! :D

Enjoy your afternoon. Chucking it down here, after a sunny morning. xx

hello - typing this on my phone Si a bit awkward to reply to all the posts I'd like to so I will be brief. firstly Kathy I was sad to read how u lost ur parents & yes I think as we're all friends - we shd feel we can post what we feel - very tough not to have many memories tho' & that ur brothers don't talk about ur loss much. Quite amazing to hear that some of the things u remember have proved to be correct - I was pleased about that xx

Doreen yes I feel the same way about family as you grandchildren are very precious. Good that your so determined to lose this week - think u & I have learned some lessons - the hard way maybe) but we are sorting ourselves out now!
My food:

B: Bacon, beans, bread heb
L: Pasta and sir fry, alpen light 4 syns
D: SW chicken & rice, SW brownies 2.5 syns, ff yog, berries, choc

snack: Orange, choc 2 syns, mango,

Total syns: 8.5

Hopefully will be able to post from laptop 2moro & do a better job!

As u know I'm with family, but dil unwell, son seems to be starting with bug - so been looking after lovely Owen, washing, cooking etc so a bit tired now - off to bed! Xx

Last edited:
Sunday 1st March

hexa milk. hexb 2 bread

B: Coffee
L: 2 eggs, 1/2 tin baked beans and 5g LF cheese (1/3 syn) 2 toast
D: BNS/carrot soup
45g 5% mince, onion & carrot. roasted BNS,
150g roast spud slices, 1/2 tin processed peas. oxo cubes tom puree, passata .
Frozen raspberries in jelly. (1.1/2syns) 0% yogurt & sweetener.

S: tangerine and 2 pears maybe

Total syns 2

hello - typing this on my phone so a bit awkward to reply to all the posts I'd like to so I will be brief. firstly Kathy I was sad to read how u lost ur parents & yes I think as we're all friends - we shd feel we can post what we feel - very tough not to have many memories tho' & that ur brothers don't talk about ur loss much. Quite amazing to hear that some of the things u remember have proved to be correct - I was pleased about that xx

Doreen yes I feel.all the same way about family as you grandchildren are very precious. Good you so determined to lose this week - think u & I have learned some lessons - the hard way maybe) but we are sorting ourselves out now!
My food:

B: Bacon, beans, bread heb
L: Pasta and sir fry, alpen light 4 syns
D: SW chicken & rice, SW brownies 2.5 syns, ff yog, berries, choc

snack: Orange, choc 2 syns, mango,

Total syns: 8.5

Hopefully will be able to post from laptop 2moro & do a better job!

As u know I'm with family, but dil unwell, son seems to be starting with bug - so been looking after lovely Owen, washing, cooking etc so a bit tired now - off to bed! Xx

Good on ya Grandma. looking after Owen, cooking washing etc. We love it :) but yes tiring, Have a good sleep Linda. Night xx

Food good - becoming a habit?

Last edited:
Hope you sleep well, Linda and thanks for your lovely comment. It's good your DIL has you there for now and your son, as well, by the sound of it. Just make sure you take care of yourself too. xx

Good on ya Grandma. looking after Owen, cooking washing etc. We love it :) but yes tiring, Have a good sleep Linda. Night xx

Food good - becoming a habit?

Lets hope good food's becoming a good habit for us both!xx

Oh I do hope so Linda. Feeling so strong at the moment.

Had a call from Davina mum. She is coming down on Thursday to get her hair done. Will probably stay till Sunday. Have lost 7lb since I have seen her last. If nothing else she will notice that I am eating my food more slowly.

Hope you sleep well, Linda and thanks for your lovely comment. It's good your DIL has you there for now and your son, as well, by the sound of it. Just make sure you take care of yourself too. xx

Thank u - hope ur week goes well too xx

Sunday 1st March

hexa milk. hexb 2 bread

B: Coffee
L: 2 eggs, 1/2 tin baked beans and 5g LF cheese (1/3 syn) 2 toast
D: BNS/carrot soup
45g 5% mince, onion & carrot. roasted BNS,
150g roast spud slices, 1/2 tin processed peas. oxo cubes tom puree, passata .
Frozen raspberries in jelly. (1.1/2syns) 0% yogurt & sweetener.

S: 2 pears

Total syns 2

Midnight. Added a few beans, some ham & a little cheese

Syns now 3.1/2

I went to bed last night, well this morning at 1am. Would you believe that my ar hole brother sent me a text about information for a weekend away --- what time was that --- 6.50am grrrrrrrr.

The reason was `he has to do things when he is well enough`. Well the noise woke me up ---- he has text bleep turned off. How does he know when he gets a text ---- he sees it as soon as he looks at the phone. Maybe I should turn my beep off when I go to bed he says.. He sits there all day and has nothing better to do than look at is f***ing phone.

That is one visit I had planned for today that I won`t be doing as I really cannot put up with him telling me how I should do things. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Wow didn`t I sound grumpy. Day has improved a bit since then. Just me getting anxious. Nobody else at home to moan at so thought I would type it on minis. My mini friends have broad shoulders.

Glad to say my mood did not affect my eating, just an extra slice of toast.

Hope you all have a good day :D

Back