NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Not half as grouchy as I've been lately but you're right, our Mins pals have broad shoulders and don't mind us having bad patches, they are so supportive. I've certainly found it a big help in last few weeks, even though I've not had time to post back much.
Well done with just one slice lovely xx

Well Linda, that was then, this is now,.

Monday 2nd March.
hexa milk. hexb 2 bread
B: 2 eggs, 2 bacon, mush, toms. 2 toast
xtra toast (2.1/2)
L: Soup BNS . Orange Jelly with satumas
Snack pear
D: 4 bread (10) 3 sl corned beef (3), 2 triangle cheeses (2)
Rest of jelly with satsumas

Total 17.1/2 syns

I didn`t feel like cooking I am so tired and once I had one sarni I had to have another. Nearly had a third but am glad to say I didn`t.

Yes our mini pals are so supportive as you say.
It is nice to hear from you, hope things improve for you real soon. xx

Well, I admire the fact you stopped after the second one because I know how you struggle against the bread!
So, 17.5synsisnt too far over and time enough this week to trim a little here and there.
I've managed a good day today, most likely because we've been at Laura's sorting out what she can dump/charity shop/pack, so it's felt more constructive. I've been nibbling while prepping our dinner, a vegetable bake but only on raw veg, so that's ok. Xx

Wow didn`t I sound grumpy. Day has improved a bit since then. Just me getting anxious. Nobody else at home to moan at so thought I would type it on minis. My mini friends have broad shoulders.

Glad to say my mood did not affect my eating, just an extra slice of toast.

Hope you all have a good day :D

This made me giggle so much, Doreen, following on after your previous Mrs. Angry post!! :D Glad the day improved anyway. Well, it couldn't have got any worse than the night before, by the sounds of things! So annoying though, when someone disturbs your sleep!

Was going to say, well done on your one piece of toast ........ then I read your last post! :D Oh, well, you deserved those sandwiches! Not surprised you're tired! You moan away! We're always here for you. Big hugs. :) xx

Lovely to hear from you again, Linda. You've been greatly missed. xx

I've missed coming on here to hear all ur news too - had lots of fun with Owen today - and he loved showing me his nursery class at school - he goes from 9-11.30 and I don't feel so tired todayxx

Well, I admire the fact you stopped after the second one because I know how you struggle against the bread!
So, 17.5synsisnt too far over and time enough this week to trim a little here and there.
I've managed a good day today, most likely because we've been at Laura's sorting out what she can dump/charity shop/pack, so it's felt more constructive. I've been nibbling while prepping our dinner, a vegetable bake but only on raw veg, so that's ok. Xx

Glad you've had a slightly better day - well done on your food too xxx

Well Linda, that was then, this is now,.

Monday 2nd March.
hexa milk. hexb 2 bread
xtra toast (2.1/2)
Snack pear

Total 17.1/2 syns

I didn`t feel like cooking I am so tired and once I had one sarni I had to have another. Nearly had a third but am glad to say I didn`t.

Yes our mini pals are so supportive as you say.
It is nice to hear from you, hope things improve for you real soon. xx

Not half as grouchy as I've been lately but you're right, our Mins pals have broad shoulders and don't mind us having bad patches, they are so supportive. I've certainly found it a big help in last few weeks, even though I've not had time to post back much.

Wow, Linda! Although you say there are too many Syns, you did incredibly well, considering those cakes were on offer! That's where I go wrong. If I'm out, I just think, oh well, I'm out so going to have a cake, etc. : ( Well done!

So glad you had such a lovely day too and that the singing went well. I think there's always a tear in the eye or a lump in the throat whenever children sing.

Good morning to all you other ladies too. Have a lovely Sunday. xx

Wow didn`t I sound grumpy. Day has improved a bit since then. Just me getting anxious. Nobody else at home to moan at so thought I would type it on minis. My mini friends have broad shoulders.

Yes I agree Linda - we shd post what you're feeling - we're here for one another - and don't you worry about not posting either - we know you're going thro a tough time and we're feeling for you xx

Wow, Linda! Although you say there are too many Syns, you did incredibly well, considering those cakes were on offer! That's where I go wrong. If I'm out, I just think, oh well, I'm out so going to have a cake, etc. : ( Well done!

So glad you had such a lovely day too and that the singing went well. I think there's always a tear in the eye or a lump in the throat whenever children sing.

Good morning to all you other ladies too. Have a lovely Sunday. xx

Yes I'm sure you have lots of fun as well as emotional times with the children at school xx

No need to apologise Doreen - rant away - you've done well not to let things affect ur eating - well done!xx

Here's my food - it shd have been my first SW weigh in today - wonder what it wd have been?! Anyway - trying to be good:

Brunch: Batchelors pasta'n'sauce, and salad, cheese hea. Fruit salad - mango, pineapple, melon.

Dinner: a chicken kiev (dil bought and cooked it - no idea of syns but wd have felt rude to refuse!) green beans, broccoli, carrots. satsuma.

Snacks: apple, mango, pineapple, ff yogurt.

Drinks: 3 teas, milk hea; fruit teas, water

Last edited:
So lovely seeing Own`s school. I remember Flynn showing me his nursery school. They are so proud.
Am glad you are not so tired.
I have had a good sleep and feel good this morning. I kept falling asleep all last evening and was in bed quite early for me.
I agree it is lovely hearing from Cloudy again
Shame you had to miss your first weigh in.

This made me giggle so much, Doreen, following on after your previous Mrs. Angry post!! :D Glad the day improved anyway. Well, it couldn't have got any worse than the night before, by the sounds of things! So annoying though, when someone disturbs your sleep!

Was going to say, well done on your one piece of toast ........ then I read your last post! :D Oh, well, you deserved those sandwiches! Not surprised you're tired! You moan away! We're always here for you. Big hugs. :) xx

You that was quite amusing I guess. I was so angry and would have stomped around most of the day, but putting it down did kinda help,
It is so lovely knowing that we have such lovely friends on minis.

So lovely seeing Own`s school. I remember Flynn showing me his nursery school. They are so proud.
Am glad you are not so tired.
I have had a good sleep and feel good this morning. I kept falling asleep all last evening and was in bed quite early for me.
I agree it is lovely hearing from Cloudy again
Shame you had to miss your first weigh in.

Hi - bit quiet here? Glad you had a good sleep and benefited from it - I spoke too soon - I'm in bed!! Shattered after a lovely busy - I took Owen out for a walk today - he excitedly pointed to a bush and said 'Ooh look - broccoli' it's his fave food! Worth missing my first WI after that - and hoping I'll get a good loss next week if I can keep it up! Here's my food:

B: lovley fruit salad and ff yog - DiL has spoilt me with lots of lovely fruit & veg - so had mango, pineappple, grapes and melon.
L: salmon with green salad, cherry toms and balsamic vinegar, fruit salad and ff yog - strawbs, clementine & cherries and ff yog
D: Meatballs and pasta bake (courtesty of DiL she said it was all low fat - but not sure if any syns) and a fruit salad and ff yog for a change lol - a mixture of b'fast and lunch versions! (Not sure it's a good idea to eat 3 yogs in a day even if they're free?)

Snacks: Chewy Delight - heb, Freddo 5 syns

Drinks: tea - part hea, fruit tea, water, diet coke

Total syns = ? with some of the food unknown - tum feels a bit fatter - will have to be careful 2moro I think!

Just remembered I had a rice cake this morning - I think it was about 2 syns?

Last edited:
This is just a quick hello and goodbye, all in one. Sorry I've not been around this evening, only I've had a really bad headache, which has only just decided to go and now it's bed-time!! Missed you all. Sleep well. xx

This is just a quick hello and goodbye, all in one. Sorry I've not been around this evening, only I've had a really bad headache, which has only just decided to go and now it's bed-time!! Missed you all. Sleep well. xx

Sorry to hear your headache was that severe but glad it's gone - hope you're ok today xx

Hello - Quiet here again? Hope everyone's well and Linda's situation is improving.

The weather looks lovely - from the house here - bright blue sunny sky but when you venture out they wind is very keen - but I had a brisk 30 min walk whilst Owen was at playschool. He'll want to go to the country park later so will need to wrap him up (and me!) as we'll be going slower than the snails!! Here's my food plan:

B: bacon, egg, tomatoes, plus cucumber for the speed!
L: salmon salad as yesterday, fruit salad as yest, prepped in fridge will try to have it without yogurt -to make up for yesterday's yogurt overload!
D: meatballs and pasta, salad, fruit salad again hopefully without yogurt

Snacks:

Drinks: 2 coffees - part hea, water, diet coke, fruit tea

It is quiet on here recently although me personally have been so wrapped up in stuff i juat wanted to crash out at night lol xx plus sickness bug as made its way through me & kids this week so felt a little worse for wear x

It is quiet on here recently although me personally have been so wrapped up in stuff i juat wanted to crash out at night lol xx plus sickness bug as made its way through me & kids this week so felt a little worse for wear x

Oh dear! Hope you're all feeling better as the week goes on.

Kathy x

Hello - Quiet here again? Hope everyone's well and Linda's situation is improving.

The weather looks lovely - from the house here - bright blue sunny sky but when you venture out they wind is very keen - but I had a brisk 30 min walk whilst Owen was at playschool. He'll want to go to the country park later so will need to wrap him up (and me!) as we'll be going slower than the snails!! Here's my food plan:

B: bacon, egg, tomatoes, plus cucumber for the speed!
L: salmon salad as yesterday, fruit salad as yest, prepped in fridge will try to have it without yogurt -to make up for yesterday's yogurt overload!
D: meatballs and pasta, salad, fruit salad again hopefully without yogurt

Snacks:

Drinks: 2 coffees - part hea, water, diet coke, fruit tea

Thought I hadn't heard much from Cloudy Linda for a while. :( Sorry to hear she has a 'situation' that needs improvement and, no, I'm not trying to pry what it is. Just hope she's ok. :(

Thanks, Linda. I feel much better today. Had a brain haemorrhage several years ago now and, since then, have these awful head pains, which don't always respond to medication so I just have to wait them out. One started yesterday afternoon, persisted through the evening (can't bear looking at screens when I have them), then, just before bed, after stopping me conversing with my Mini's 'family' properly, it cleared up!!!! Grrr!

Hope you had a lovely afternoon in the park with Owen and you managed to keep warm enough. Lovely and sunny here too but very chilly. xx

Monday 2nd March.
hexa milk. hexb 2 bread
xtra toast (2.1/2)
Snack pear

Total 17.1/2 syns

Wednesday 4th March

Hexa milk. hexb 2 bread

B: baked beans 10g LF cheese (1.5) 2 bread 2 extra bread (2.5)
L: coffee
D: 45g mince onion passata oxo curry powder. Rice & broccoli.
Yogurt (1.5)

4.5 syns.

Well what a bad day Tuesday was. No idea why I did that. Could not even make myself put it on here until now.

In total the syns since weighing are 52, That is 6 days so doesn`t seem so bad that way. But it does not work unless I have a couple of light days. Oh well, try light tomorrow.

I spent some of today sleeping. I had hospital for eyes this morning and when they dilate my eyes I always feel tired.

Ooh, hope you sleep well tonight then, Doreen. Yes, fingers crossed, if you have a light day tomorrow, you'll be ok. I really hope so because you're trying so hard. Like you say, over a week, the Syns are ok but you know your own body best, don't you and the two light days seem to be working well. Is that it now, where your eyes are concerned? xx

Back