NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Hi - bit quiet here? Glad you had a good sleep and benefited from it - I spoke too soon - I'm in bed!! Shattered after a lovely busy - I took Owen out for a walk today - he excitedly pointed to a bush and said 'Ooh look - broccoli' it's his fave food! Worth missing my first WI after that - and hoping I'll get a good loss next week if I can keep it up! Here's my food:

B: lovley fruit salad and ff yog - DiL has spoilt me with lots of lovely fruit & veg - so had mango, pineappple, grapes and melon.
L: salmon with green salad, cherry toms and balsamic vinegar, fruit salad and ff yog - strawbs, clementine & cherries and ff yog
D: Meatballs and pasta bake (courtesty of DiL she said it was all low fat - but not sure if any syns) and a fruit salad and ff yog for a change lol - a mixture of b'fast and lunch versions! (Not sure it's a good idea to eat 3 yogs in a day even if they're free?)

Snacks: Chewy Delight - heb, Freddo 5 syns

Drinks: tea - part hea, fruit tea, water, diet coke

Total syns = ? with some of the food unknown - tum feels a bit fatter - will have to be careful 2moro I think!

Just remembered I had a rice cake this morning - I think it was about 2 syns?

Broccoli tree, fantastic Owen.
If he could to to New Zealand he would see a tree with broccoli type flowers. In actual fact when I saw it I called it a red cauliflower tree,

Your food day is looking tasty. Good Dil.

It is quiet on here recently although me personally have been so wrapped up in stuff i juat wanted to crash out at night lol xx plus sickness bug as made its way through me & kids this week so felt a little worse for wear x

Sorry to hear that - hope you all recover quickly - it's a nightmare week for you xx

Thought I hadn't heard much from Cloudy Linda for a while. :( Sorry to hear she has a 'situation' that needs improvement and, no, I'm not trying to pry what it is. Just hope she's ok. :(

Thanks, Linda. I feel much better today. Had a brain haemorrhage several years ago now and, since then, have these awful head pains, which don't always respond to medication so I just have to wait them out. One started yesterday afternoon, persisted through the evening (can't bear looking at screens when I have them), then, just before bed, after stopping me conversing with my Mini's 'family' properly, it cleared up!!!! Grrr!

Hope you had a lovely afternoon in the park with Owen and you managed to keep warm enough. Lovely and sunny here too but very chilly. xx

Hi Kathy - You may not have seen it but Cloudy has posted on Minis that her daughter's landlord has to move into the house she & her son are living in (at 3 months' notice) so a difficult situation.

We all know you're no Ena Sharples (or those that remember her anyway!)

What a terrible thing your headaches are - glad to you recovered later and hope you've been ok today? xx

Hello everyone - updating my earlier post hope u will all bear with me - as it's difficult to post with Owen in the background making demands! Hope ur all well and Linda's situation is improving.

The weather looks lovely - from the house here - bright blue sunny sky but when you venture out they wind is very keen - but I had a brisk 30 min walk whilst Owen was at playschool. We went to go to the country park for almost 4 hours!!

Here's my food plan:

B: bacon, egg, tomatoes, plus cucumber for the speed!
L: salmon salad as yesterday, fruit salad as yest, no yogurt -to make up for yesterday's yogurt overload!
D: meatballs and pasta, salad, fruit salad but with half a carton of ff yogurt this time

Snacks: freddo 5 syns - cereal bar - heb

Drinks: 2 coffees - part hea, water, diet coke, fruit tea

Last edited:
Thought I hadn't heard much from Cloudy Linda for a while. :( Sorry to hear she has a 'situation' that needs improvement and, no, I'm not trying to pry what it is. Just hope she's ok. :(

Thanks, Linda. I feel much better today. Had a brain haemorrhage several years ago now and, since then, have these awful head pains, which don't always respond to medication so I just have to wait them out. One started yesterday afternoon, persisted through the evening (can't bear looking at screens when I have them), then, just before bed, after stopping me conversing with my Mini's 'family' properly, it cleared up!!!! Grrr!

Hope you had a lovely afternoon in the park with Owen and you managed to keep warm enough. Lovely and sunny here too but very chilly. xx

No more syns today Kathy. I feel surprisingly full. All that bread came about because I was up late and the bread was particulaly nice. Won`t buy it again.

My DIL in NZ had a benign brain tumour a few years ago. She was fine for a year then she started to get fits just as she was due to drive again. She has to take epilepsy pills now which have to be changed once in a while. Been through a lot that girl. They told her she had migraine for two years. Crazy.
She has recently started a new job training to be a Health & Safety Health Office which eventually will earn her lots of dosh. Just as well employers are not allowed to ask about health now as I am sure that may have not helped her get the job. She won it over so many others.

I know what you had was obviously not the same thing but I saw how Julie was when she was having these headaches. Nothing really seemed to help. I feel for you Kathy any pain above the neck always seems worse than anywhere else. Yours must be pretty bad if you have to just wait them out.

On a brighter note - I think - my DIL`s Mum is coming tomorrow so she can get her hair done Friday, Then we will pick up the grandkids so Flynn can stay with me, then a bit later will take Faye to a party with one of her friends from down here and she is having a sleep over. Not much sleep me thinks.

Again, definitely no more syns tonight, or food for that matter. Just coffee.
Will report in tomorrow --- to confirm of course.

Enjoy your evening Kathy. Daz is doing a good job don`t you think.

Well what a bad day Tuesday was. No idea why I did that. Could not even make myself put it on here until now.

In total the syns since weighing are 52, That is 6 days so doesn`t seem so bad that way. But it does not work unless I have a couple of light days. Oh well, try light tomorrow.

I spent some of today sleeping. I had hospital for eyes this morning and when they dilate my eyes I always feel tired.

In theory the plan shd work with syns over the week shdn't it? - so with one light day and hopefully another 2moro - let's hope you'll be ok Doreenxx

Broccoli tree, fantastic Owen.
If he could to to New Zealand he would see a tree with broccoli type flowers. In actual fact when I saw it I called it a red cauliflower tree,

Your food day is looking tasty. Good Dil.

Yes DiL very kind to me! Perhaps I cd take Owen to NZ to see those when I save my pennies eh? Or perhaps when he grows up - he'll take me eh? :rolleyes: xx

Mmm, food's sounding good, Linda! Ha ha, yes, I definitely remember Ena Sharples!! :D Thanks for letting me know about Linda and her poor daughter. What a nightmare for them! :(

Four hours in the country park?! I'm impressed. :) xx

No more syns today Kathy. I feel surprisingly full. All that bread came about because I was up late and the bread was particulaly nice. Won`t buy it again.

My DIL in NZ had a benign brain tumour a few years ago. She was fine for a year then she started to get fits just as she was due to drive again. She has to take epilepsy pills now which have to be changed once in a while. Been through a lot that girl. They told her she had migraine for two years. Crazy.
She has recently started a new job training to be a Health & Safety Health Office which eventually will earn her lots of dosh. Just as well employers are not allowed to ask about health now as I am sure that may have not helped her get the job. She won it over so many others.

I know what you had was obviously not the same thing but I saw how Julie was when she was having these headaches. Nothing really seemed to help. I feel for you Kathy any pain above the neck always seems worse than anywhere else. Yours must be pretty bad if you have to just wait them out.

On a brighter note - I think - my DIL`s Mum is coming tomorrow so she can get her hair done Friday, Then we will pick up the grandkids so Flynn can stay with me, then a bit later will take Faye to a party with one of her friends from down here and she is having a sleep over. Not much sleep me thinks.

Aw, that'll be lovely for you, Doreen - having Flynn to keep you company! Wow! You'll be shattered, what with taking Faye to a party, as well. You'll have to catch up on some zzz's soon!

How awful for you DIL, with the fits and everything! Very scary. I know what you mean about medicals but brilliant that she has such a good job. I'd just come back off a holiday in Wales, woke the next morning with dreadful head pains. When I started being sick later too, I just knew something wasn't right. There was absolutely no warning though. Anyway, long story short - it was caused by an aneurysm and I had open surgery. They wanted to coil or clip it but it's behind my left eye so was awkward to reach so they've wrapped it in an acrylic dressing instead. The trouble is, because it's still there, it can haemorrhage again but, luckily, the more years away from the initial haemorrhage, means there's less chance of that happening. Really glad your DIL's tumour was benign but what an awful legacy that has left behind, with the epilepsy.

Yes, Daz is doing a good job and so, of course, are you! :) Can't believe how long you've been doing that index for me now! To be honest, I think if it wasn't for that, our thread wouldn't have been so successful because people would have got fed up of trawling through so many recipes, without any help! Just added another BNS soup to it, actually and thought of you! :D xx

Mmm, food's sounding good, Linda! Ha ha, yes, I definitely remember Ena Sharples!! :D Thanks for letting me know about Linda and her poor daughter. What a nightmare for them! :(
Four hours in the country park?! I'm impressed. :) xx

Not sure if you shd be impressed or rushing for a strait jacket!! I was jiggered and having tried to leave several times I had to tell a porky and say a man was about to come and lock up the park - then this evening when my hubby rang - Owen told him about the man with the key - my parents always told us that our sins wd find us out!! And now my syns are also finding me out too! xx

Ha ha! That was so funny, about the man coming to lock up! :D You'll have to tell him that story when he's older! xx

Oh dear! Hope you're all feeling better as the week goes on.

Kathy x

Me too xx My son was happily talking away earlier then just fell asleep on sofa :( Must be fighting some sort of bug as gone to bed at usual bedtime too x

cheers love xx

That's a sad story about your DiL Doreen - I remember you saying how well she did getting the job against all the competition - yet going thro all that horrible stuff with her condition - quite a lady!!

Lovely tho that you'll see the children - and great that you got back on track so quickly - well done!

But please don't ever feel you can't post what you've eaten - you've seen some very synful days from me and others here and on other threads I'm sure - that's why we love Minis - we can post and at least one of our friends will have been there, done and got the t-shirt!!

I won't be around much 2moro - my train journey is 5 hours long inc 2 changes :eek: then I'm off to MiL's as it's her 85th b'day - will try to pop on to check your progress though when I finally get home!! Don't go too low in case like me that will set you off on a binge!! Night, Night xxx

Hi Linda.
It wasn`t so much that I felt I could not post more a case of seeing it written down. Although I do keep a written record before I put it on here. I hate having bad days especially when I don`t know why. Damn going to Haverhill, I seemed to be doing better before I went there. I am trying very hard to get my head back.

I have just seen a recipe in one of the sw cookbooks for pasta pie. I am gonna make one of those next week,.

The stories we tell the young ones to get around things. I am good at that..

Hope your train journey not too tiring.

Last edited:
Aw, that'll be lovely for you, Doreen - having Flynn to keep you company! Wow! You'll be shattered, what with taking Faye to a party, as well. You'll have to catch up on some zzz's soon!

How awful for you DIL, with the fits and everything! Very scary. I know what you mean about medicals but brilliant that she has such a good job. I'd just come back off a holiday in Wales, woke the next morning with dreadful head pains. When I started being sick later too, I just knew something wasn't right. There was absolutely no warning though. Anyway, long story short - it was caused by an aneurysm and I had open surgery. They wanted to coil or clip it but it's behind my left eye so was awkward to reach so they've wrapped it in an acrylic dressing instead. The trouble is, because it's still there, it can haemorrhage again but, luckily, the more years away from the initial haemorrhage, means there's less chance of that happening. Really glad your DIL's tumour was benign but what an awful legacy that has left behind, with the epilepsy.

Yes, Daz is doing a good job and so, of course, are you! :) Can't believe how long you've been doing that index for me now! To be honest, I think if it wasn't for that, our thread wouldn't have been so successful because people would have got fed up of trawling through so many recipes, without any help! Just added another BNS soup to it, actually and thought of you! :D xx

I fancied that soup when I saw the recipe. Will definitely do that one next week. It has been a long time doing the list. I like what Daz is doing because you can go straight to the page. I do think we are right in keeping the list going though. I am sure some people still prefer it that way.. Anyway it is insurance.

That must have been a terrible shock coming back from holiday and having that happen. You ladies that have suffered these type of things are very brave and strong in my opinion.

Oh by the way, no more syns but I did have a few frozen raspberries with some sweetener on them - after I thawed them of course.

It is weigh day tomorrow. Not feeling too confident. Will have company this evening so will not be overeating. :fingerscrossed:

Love all these images you can put on your posts, Doreen, like the crossed fingers and the family group with the little 'yellow' children! You're so clever!

I know what you mean about Haverhill throwing you off track a bit but sounds like you've got a plan in mind for the occasions you're there now. Even though I can't do your artistic fingers crossed symbol, I'll keep my real fingers crossed for you. :)

Spent all day dressed as a penguin today, in aid of World Book Day! The things we do for children! :S Even though it wasn't very practical for me to wear, they absolutely loved it! :D Did Faye and Flynn do anything at their school, do you know? xx

Thursday 5th March

hexa milk hexb 1 bread.

B: coffee
L: BNS/carrot soupl
S: 1 bread, 1 triangle cheese (1) ham. satsuma
D: 2 Pork loin chop. Broccoli, rice chilli sauce (1)
Jelly (.75) with raspberries, yogurt (.5)
2 satsumas.

Total 3.25 syns

No more tonight. I have Janet here and she won`t let me. Besides weigh day tomorrow

I heard it was world book day today but not sure I have ever heard of it before.

:smiley1842: No penguins so have given you a jumping snowman,.

Don`t know if they did anything at the childrens schools, will ask them tomorrow.

Loving the snowman!

Meant to agree with you before, too. Yes, Darren is doing a great job but also agree it's good to keep the other going too, if you don't mind! :)

Have a lovely evening and good luck for tomorrow! xx

Thursday 5th March

hexa milk hexb 1 bread.

B: coffee
L: BNS/carrot soupl
S: 1 bread, 1 triangle cheese (1) ham. satsuma
D: 2 Pork loin chop. Broccoli, rice chilli sauce (1)
Jelly (.75) with raspberries, yogurt (.5)
2 satsumas.

Total 3.25 syns

No more tonight. I have Janet here and she won`t let me. Besides weigh day tomorrow

ooh a very low syn & food day which will hopefully bring a big smile to your face at WI :) xx

Back