NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Hi Linda.
It wasn`t so much that I felt I could not post more a case of seeing it written down. Although I do keep a written record before I put it on here. I hate having bad days especially when I don`t know why. Damn going to Haverhill, I seemed to be doing better before I went there. I am trying very hard to get my head back.

I have just seen a recipe in one of the sw cookbooks for pasta pie. I am gonna make one of those next week,.

The stories we tell the young ones to get around things. I am good at that..

Hope your train journey not too tiring.

I'm glad u didn't feel u cdn't post - after all it is your thread and we're all friends here aren't we?! Train journey was fine - sat next to some interesting people, also had a chance to read my book!xx

Love all these images you can put on your posts, Doreen, like the crossed fingers and the family group with the little 'yellow' children! You're so clever!

I know what you mean about Haverhill throwing you off track a bit but sounds like you've got a plan in mind for the occasions you're there now. Even though I can't do your artistic fingers crossed symbol, I'll keep my real fingers crossed for you. :)

Spent all day dressed as a penguin today, in aid of World Book Day! The things we do for children! :S Even though it wasn't very practical for me to wear, they absolutely loved it! :D Did Faye and Flynn do anything at their school, do you know? xx

OOh that must have been fun being a penguin! Wonder if Faye and Flynn dresed up? Poppy dressed as Wally from Where's Wally books and they had a workshop on writing! xx

It is weigh day tomorrow. Not feeling too confident. Will have company this evening so will not be overeating. :fingerscrossed:

Well u have done ur very best to pull things back Doreen so u deserve to have at least a small loss - yes fingers crossed for u xx

I fancied that soup when I saw the recipe. Will definitely do that one next week. It has been a long time doing the list. I like what Daz is doing because you can go straight to the page. I do think we are right in keeping the list going though. I am sure some people still prefer it that way.. Anyway it is insurance.

That must have been a terrible shock coming back from holiday and having that happen. You ladies that have suffered these type of things are very brave and strong in my opinion.

Oh by the way, no more syns but I did have a few frozen raspberries with some sweetener on them - after I thawed them of course.

Yes I like the list ladies! In fact I have selected my favourites from the lists and put the recipe name and page no. on a spreadsheet to help me with my meal planning and food shop - so I'm glad ur carrying on with that thank u!

Well done on having rasps rather than choc like me for a treat today! xx

Well back home now - good journey - arrived at local station about 2 pm - then home by 2.15 ish - made a snack for Poppy as I was picking her up from school then on to her swimming lesson - then on to MiL's as it is her 85th b'day.

Chilling now - then off to bed! Here's my food - but I can't find the scrap of paper listing the food I've eaten today so here's my best guess - as u'll see being on the train seemed to interfere with my willpower :(

Will be back on plan in the morning - first SW WI on Tues!!!

b: fruit salad - pineapple, apple, clememtine, grapes
l: chicken salad sandwich - heb plus some syns? apple, banana
d: late back from MiL's and didn't fancy anything - do u think that will offest some of those syns?

snacks: more fruit salad, choc pud thing - 8.5 syns, choc 9.5 syns = 18 :0

drinks: 2 coffees with ss milk - hea, 2 diet drinks, water

OOh that must have been fun being a penguin! Wonder if Faye and Flynn dresed up? Poppy dressed as Wally from Where's Wally books and they had a workshop on writing! xx

We had loads of Where's Wally characters at our school too, including the school secretary! :D My OH has just put my penguin photo on DYJLIW........ Not sure I should be promoting such a dreadful photo really!! xx

We had loads of Where's Wally characters at our school too, including the school secretary! :D My OH has just put my penguin photo on DYJLIW........ Not sure I should be promoting such a dreadful photo really!! xx

If I knew how to find that thread I'd have a look at ur photo but not sure how to find it - will have a go now! xx

Just glad I wasn't the only one to dress up! Now, that would have been embarrassing! Not that dressing up as a penguin wasn't, of course! Right, waddling off to bed now so I'll say 'Goodnight' and 'speak' soon. :) xx

Well back home now - good journey - arrived at local station about 2 pm - then home by 2.15 ish - made a snack for Poppy as I was picking her up from school then on to her swimming lesson - then on to MiL's as it is her 85th b'day.

Chilling now - then off to bed! Here's my food - but I can't find the scrap of paper listing the food I've eaten today so here's my best guess - as u'll see being on the train seemed to interfere with my willpower :(

Will be back on plan in the morning - first SW WI on Tues!!!

b: fruit salad - pineapple, apple, clememtine, grapes
l: chicken salad sandwich - heb plus some syns? apple, banana
d: late back from MiL's and didn't fancy anything - do u think that will offest some of those syns?

snacks: more fruit salad, choc pud thing - 8.5 syns, choc 9.5 syns = 18 :0

drinks: 2 coffees with ss milk - hea, 2 diet drinks, water

Hopefully it will offset some of the syns you had Linda. Am seeing Faye & Flynn tomorrow so will find out if they dressed up for book day.

I bet you are glad to be home. It was a low day for me. I will be very surprised if I have lost tomorrow. But live in hope. Have had company since 4pm so that helped me not to have anything else except coffee.
Not staying to class so watch this space.

Hopefully it will offset some of the syns you had Linda. Am seeing Faye & Flynn tomorrow so will find out if they dressed up for book day.

I bet you are glad to be home. It was a low day for me. I will be very surprised if I have lost tomorrow. But live in hope. Have had company since 4pm so that helped me not to have anything else except coffee.
Not staying to class so watch this space.

I'd love it if u even lot a half pound Doreen - either way - we must have a good week next week - I will be trying a couple of new recipes I think - to help me on my way!

Enjoy the children 2moro! Owen didn't dress up at nursery school - but each child was asked to take in a book they'd finished with - wrapped in gift paper - then each child would swap their book with another child - I thought that was a good idea!

Yes it's lovely to be home but missing Owen and the family already!

I'll have everything crossed for u 2moro xx

Thanks Linda. Don`t fall up the stairs if you have your legs crossed too.

After this weekend I will not be having the children for a couple of weeks (up to now that is) I hope I can get back on plan properly. I am not feeling right at the moment, nothing in particular but just a bit low . Maybe because I am desparately wanting to lose tomorrow.

I made some BNS and red pepper soup today and also prepared the meat and veg to make a lasagne on Sunday. One thing I am pleased about it that I bought some grated low cheese at the beginhing of the week and have hardly eaten any of it. Must count for something.

Anyway, I think I will go to bed now and get some sleep. Want to be at class by 9 so I can get weighed early and get back home to sort some bits out.

Wow Doreen, I just caught up on here and you sounded so unconvinced and then you've lost 2.5lbs. That's terrific and I'm so pleased for you.
I didn't even weigh this morning, partly because it's my totm, but also because u forgot to go get the scales from the other bathroom and then was in a hurry to get dressed to go out.
I'm in Debenhams cafe now but just having a cup of tea, no cake. Although there is a man nearby eating a bacon roll and the smell is very tempting lol. I won't though.

Missing having time on diaries but just can't seem to keep up atm and I've been really tired, I think it's all the 'thinking' and going over and over things.

Take care anyway. I keep wondering how Mo is getting on, I don't think she's posted for ages, has she? Xx

:bliss: Lost 2.1/2. last week gain gone plus one :banana dancer:

Wow Doreen - thx letting us know - I'm so chuffed for u - ur not far from the 15s now are u wahey!! Well just goes to show we can recover after a slip up! 2.5 is a great loss! Well done xxx

Wow Doreen, I just caught up on here and you sounded so unconvinced and then you've lost 2.5lbs. That's terrific and I'm so pleased for you.
I didn't even weigh this morning, partly because it's my totm, but also because u forgot to go get the scales from the other bathroom and then was in a hurry to get dressed to go out.
I'm in Debenhams cafe now but just having a cup of tea, no cake. Although there is a man nearby eating a bacon roll and the smell is very tempting lol. I won't though.

Missing having time on diaries but just can't seem to keep up atm and I've been really tired, I think it's all the 'thinking' and going over and over things.

Take care anyway. I keep wondering how Mo is getting on, I don't think she's posted for ages, has she? Xx

No we haven`t heard from Mo for ages.

I know we should not weigh but I have to and I believe it helps me. My scales did not look good yesterday morning so maybe the lower day helped.
I will continue to do what I am doing because most of the time it works.
8lb since Christmas is not to be sneezed at. I am feeling committed again but must take my happy pills too , not done so this week, which explains one or two things also

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply Linda, I know things are not too good at the moment. It means a lot.

Bacon smells lovely, well done for resisting. You would not have really enjoyed it anyway. :)

Thanks Linda. Don`t fall up the stairs if you have your legs crossed too.

After this weekend I will not be having the children for a couple of weeks (up to now that is) I hope I can get back on plan properly. I am not feeling right at the moment, nothing in particular but just a bit low . Maybe because I am desparately wanting to lose tomorrow.

I made some BNS and red pepper soup today and also prepared the meat and veg to make a lasagne on Sunday. One thing I am pleased about it that I bought some grated low cheese at the beginhing of the week and have hardly eaten any of it. Must count for something.

Anyway, I think I will go to bed now and get some sleep. Want to be at class by 9 so I can get weighed early and get back home to sort some bits out.

Hee-Hee I have uncrossed everything now cos I know u've had a brilliant loss! Sorry U are feeling a bit low - I hope that loss has given you a boost! You sound very organised with ur food for the week. Well done on resisting the cheese!xxx

I'd love it if u even lot a half pound Doreen - either way - we must have a good week next week - I will be trying a couple of new recipes I think - to help me on my way!

Enjoy the children 2moro! Owen didn't dress up at nursery school - but each child was asked to take in a book they'd finished with - wrapped in gift paper - then each child would swap their book with another child - I thought that was a good idea.

Yes it's lovely to be home but missing Owen and the family already!

I'll have everything crossed for u 2moro xx

Aw, what a lovely idea! Might mention that at school for when there's another book event. :) xx

Back