NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Sunday 15th March

hexa 175ml milk & 20g cheese hexb 2 bread

B: spaghetti, 2 bacon, 2 eggs

L: large portion BNS/red pepper soup. coffee

S: strawberries

D: Mince with onion, cumin oxo cubes tom puree balsamic
vinegar. Boiled spuds, broccoli & cauli. processed peas.

Ham sarni. 2 bread (5) cheese h/e

apple,

5 syns

Wow Doreen - an exemplary day - woo hoo! xx

Hope everyone's having a lovely Mothering Sunday. :) Had an absolutely gorgeous card from my daughter, Amy. The words were so special, saying about me always being there for her and how she's always appreciated it. Think it was mainly referring to all the hassle at Christmas time, with her horrible boyfriend (who she, unfortunately, is still with) and helping her out with her Uni expenses but they were such thoughtful words. :) I told her not to buy me anything, other than the card because she's already struggling financially and I'm so glad, for once, that she took heed. Think I may have said, yesterday, but already had some Yankee smellies and gorgeous soaps, from my son, Philip.

We took Pete's mum out for lunch, which she really enjoyed. The pub was quaint and out in the countryside and the staff were lovely. Bought her a plant too. I then took some mini daffodils up to my Mum's grave, went to Sainsbury's to grab some salad stuff, then came home. Just had a cuppa and will probably watch a film soon. Can't believe how fast this weekend has gone! :(

Glad you're not going until Tuesday now, Doreen. It'll give you an extra day of 'me' time. Glad you mentioned turning the mattress - I must do ours too, next time I change the bed.

Weighed this morning and, despite being angelic all week, have stayed the same! :S Usually happens after I've had a good loss the previous week (3lb last week)! No rhyme nor reason. I'll have to hope for better next week.

Just bought some Quark so might make a crustless quiche later. We're having a buffet at school tomorrow so will take it in. Everyone always enjoys it and can't believe it's allowed on SW. In fact, I think I'll make it at break time tomorrow and ask the cook to put it in her oven, then it'll be served warm. :) The cook is actually a target member at SW so I know she'll help out. She sometimes tweaks some of the school dinners for me so they end up either being Syn Free or very low in Syns. It's such a help. xx

Sounds as if you've had the day you deserve Kathy - lovely that your daughter took the time to send & write a lovely card and your son calling in with his gifts - then lunch out! It's horrible when we don't lose when you don't lose after a good week - you had a great week last week - well done - I feel fatter today and will be really fed up if I don't lose at WI on Tuesday. Lovely that the cook is good with SW and will cook your dish 2moro - enjoy the buffet xx

That`s good of the cook to help you Kathy. I got 2 lovely cards today. So nice. I love going to quaint pubs for a meal. Used to do it a lot when I was married. Not so now.

I am not going until Tuesday as my son will be home. He was laying on the bed when somebody knocked on the door, the dog jumped up and put his paw into Niks open eye. He is in a lot of pain poor thing. He went to the hospital - had to drive too - he has a not so nice scratch on the coloured part of the eyeball. They have given him ointment, painkillers, and some eye drops. The drops are an anesthetic which he can use every 6 hours. They say that is the only way he will be able to sleep.

Poor thing, you can hear the pain in his voice. He says he will pick the children up from school but rest most of the day as he was told to. He never has a problem having a rest lol.
All joking aside if he goes to work Tuesday then I will be going up there.

Glad you had 2 lovely cards Doreen - that's nice to show they're thinking of you. Ooh that does sound painful for your son - hope it heals soon. Watch your back when you turn the mattress! xx

Glad the lunch went ok. Yes how did you resist those goodies lunch time Linda. No don`t weigh at boots. Mind you I will still weigh Wednesday wherever I am. I take scales with me. Not been on them since Friday though.

Beef turkey and yorkshire. I have not had a yorkshire for ages. There is a recipe for some somewhere and they reckon to freeze the ones not eaten. May gave a look.
Food sounds scrumptious. Enjoy the rest of your day Linda.

Thx - I did ok at lunch time cos I am trying to have a good week - I really wd like a loss - even a half wd do!

But my middle son and his family came round this afternoon with card, flowers and a box of maltesers - so I shared them out with them all - the girls were chuffed (Poppy and her sister Izzy who is now a teenager and independent - so we don't see her as often) so lovely to see them all. So I had 5 syns worth - so more syns than I planned - but better than eating the box.

Had flowers earlier from my son & family in Cardiff - their card came yesterday - he made a mistake when writing the card - he put Happy Birthday (which is in October) so he then wrote "a bit early" - to 'cover' his mistake - so had a laugh at that. He rang later to explain and let me know what Owen has been up to!

My youngest who lives in Manchester - rang to say he's sent something in the post but not arrived yet! Will update my food now xx

Last edited:
Glad the lunch went ok. Yes how did you resist those goodies lunch time Linda. No don`t weigh at boots. Mind you I will still weigh Wednesday wherever I am. I take scales with me. Not been on them since Friday though.

Beef turkey and yorkshire. I have not had a yorkshire for ages. There is a recipe for some somewhere and they reckon to freeze the ones not eaten. May gave a look.
Food sounds scrumptious. Enjoy the rest of your day Linda.

Thx Doreen - yes good idea to freeze the Yorkshires - they're too tempting to keep in the fridge! xx

EDITED FOR EVE MEAL AND SYNS - TYPED THEM IN BOLD

Well the Mothering Sunday lunch done - out with MiL, SiL & BiL went ok - chilling now! See how I did below! Here's my plan for the day:

b: bacon, egg sandwich - heb - 53g bread (cut too much off the crusts grrrr!) ketchup 1 syn? pear
l: beef, turkey, yorkshire 3 syns?, peas, carrots, cauli - resisted gravy and roasties and the choc fudge cake :eek:
t: Ham, cheese - hea, chorizo 2 syns, omelette, lettuce, cherry toms, cucumber, balsamic vinegar

drinks: water, fruit tea, diet drinks

Total syns: ketchup - 1, chorizo - 2 , maltesers 5, Yorkshire pud 3 syns?
= 11

Syns for the week so far = 59/70

Will try to have an SP day 2moro - really wd like to lose at least a half at Tuesday WI and it's not feeling like that at the mo!

[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Linda I love Maltersers, and I must make something with Chorizo. I do hope you get a weight loss on Tuesday. Sometimes it seems no matter how good we are in doesn`t help. My only advise apaer from your SP day is not to eat too late. It does seem to hang around for weigh day.
It is so nice to get cards from the children.
When I spoke to Nik earlier Flynn called out to me "happy mothers day Nanny" He says he can say it to me as I am his dads Mum. :)

-----------------------------------
Weighed this morning and, despite being angelic all week, have stayed the same! :S Usually happens after I've had a good loss the previous week (3lb last week)! No rhyme nor reason. I'll have to hope for better next week.

Sorry Kathy I didn`t notice this earlier. Be angelic for another week and you will get a good weight loss again.

Linda I love Maltersers, and I must make something with Chorizo. I do hope you get a weight loss on Tuesday. Sometimes it seems no matter how good we are in doesn`t help. My only advise apaer from your SP day is not to eat too late. It does seem to hang around for weigh day.
It is so nice to get cards from the children.
When I spoke to Nik earlier Flynn called out to me "happy mothers day Nanny" He says he can say it to me as I am his dads Mum. :)

-----------------------------------

Sorry Kathy I didn`t notice this earlier. Be angelic for another week and you will get a good weight loss again.

Thanks for that Doreen - I will eat early tomorrow - I'll probably be starving anyway!! How lovely of Flynn to wish you a Happy Mother's day - very sweet of him! xx

Up at 6am today. I bought myself a little bunch of daffs Saturday. They are just coming out of bud look so pretty. May have to take them with me tomorrow to see the benefit.

Have done some washing and put the gear aside I was going to pack in the car last night. May do it later today. I take such a lot but not so much food as a day less - it does make a difference.

I sat here for two hours watching Vera that I recorded last night. Had a quick update on minis challenges. Have had breakfast - a nice mushroom omelette with bacon and coffee.

Quick tidy around then a shower. Must also ring Nik when he gets back from taking kids to school to see how his eye is feeling and if he got any sleep.

Have a good day all and speak later.

Up at 6am today. I bought myself a little bunch of daffs Saturday. They are just coming out of bud look so pretty. May have to take them with me tomorrow to see the benefit.

Have done some washing and put the gear aside I was going to pack in the car last night. May do it later today. I take such a lot but not so much food as a day less - it does make a difference.

I sat here for two hours watching Vera that I recorded last night. Had a quick update on minis challenges. Have had breakfast - a nice mushroom omelette with bacon and coffee.

Quick tidy around then a shower. Must also ring Nik when he gets back from taking kids to school to see how his eye is feeling and if he got any sleep.

Have a good day all and speak later.

Another early start Doreen - you're very organised with your packing! I love daffs - when they're out it usually means the weather's improving! Nice b'fast - good start to the day. Hope Nik's eye is healing - it sounds awful.

I had an early visitors this morning - Poppy and her Mum - she's had a headache for a couple of days - her Mum thinks she's tired - so off school - but she ate a good cooked b'fast and is playing with her Barbies now. I'm going to try and fit in some exercise whilst she's occupied!

I still feel fatter than last week - oh so hope I get at least a half off 2moro - here's a rough food plan for today which I hope is SP (need to check the rules!)

b: ham and a pear
l: broccoli soup with lettuce, pickled onion, cucumber cherry toms for speed, chewy delight heb
d: Kathy's chicken & chorizo in slow cooker (2 syns), ff yog, crushed WW biscuit, drizzle of syrup (1 syn)

drinks: fruit tea, water, coffee - milk part HEA

syns: 3 syns

Syns for the week: 61/70

Hope you all have a good day xx

Last edited:
I have to be organised as I need to take quite a lot. Pillows too as theirs are not to my liking. I have spoken to Nik today and he says his eye is still painful but not nearly so much as it was. He is going to work tomorrow so I shall be going pm tomorrow.
Faye does Kung Fu after school on Tuesday and tomorrow she will be presented which her first certificate so I have been asked to go a little earlier so I can be there. No problem, love it.

Nice when the children are playing with their things. Shame about the headaches poor little thing. I wonder if you got any excercise done?

I think that chicken dish is 2 syns each, don`t take my word for it but I am always looking at it and meaning to try it but I keep forgetting the chorizo. Your syns won`t go over today which is good.

Good luck for tomorrow, we do sometimes feel fat and know but hope that is just a feeling and not reflected on the scales.

I don`t know what I have had that would upset my tummy but it feels jippy - as my dad would say.

Gonna put my food up in a minute, I know what I am having for dinner and if there is anything else it will be fruit.

Monday 16th March.

hexa milk hexb 2 bread

B: mushroom omelette , 15 g l.f. cheese (2) 2 bacon 2 toast.

L: Spag bol from a tin (3) and pineapple & an apple

D: 2 pork loin chops, broccoli, boiled baby spuds. fried courgette (in frylight) and 30ml lLow mayo and (1) 1/2tsp Dijon mustard (1/2) mixed to put on chops when cooked. No gravy.

Banana & co-op yogurt (1.1/2)

8 syns total

If my jippy tummy does not settle then may have to change

IT CHANGED. SEE FURTHER BELOW

Last edited:
Hope your tummy settles Doreen. Your food planning is excellent... seems like you've thought of most things to get you through being away 'safely'. If that doesn't get you a loss on the scales, I don't think you could do much more!
Just reading through but there are loads of posts, so I won't reply to each one individually or you'll think your diary has been hijacked!

Linda - you're doing well too, hope Poppy is feeling ok and you managed to get some exercise while she was playing. Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you weighing in tomorrow xx
Thx - Poppy's headache is fading but still there - but she's not very good for drinking - so went on websites today to show her how much she needs to drink - 1.5L - I didn't think it'd be that much!

Yes did 30 mins exercise - she came in to watch for the last few mins and was giggling at me and the screen! Hope you're enjoying your Monday xx

Monday 16th March.

hexa milk hexb 2 bread

D: 2 pork loin chops, broccoli, boiled baby spuds. fried courgette (in frylight) and 30ml lLow mayo and (1) 1/2tsp Dijon mustard (1/2) mixed to put on chops when cooked. No gravy.

Banana & co-op yogurt (1.1/2)

8 syns total

Great food plan - hope your tum improves. xx

I have to be organised as I need to take quite a lot. Pillows too as theirs are not to my liking. I have spoken to Nik today and he says his eye is still painful but not nearly so much as it was. He is going to work tomorrow so I shall be going pm tomorrow.
Faye does Kung Fu after school on Tuesday and tomorrow she will be presented which her first certificate so I have been asked to go a little earlier so I can be there. No problem, love it.

Nice when the children are playing with their things. Shame about the headaches poor little thing. I wonder if you got any excercise done?

I think that chicken dish is 2 syns each, don`t take my word for it but I am always looking at it and meaning to try it but I keep forgetting the chorizo. Your syns won`t go over today which is good.

Good luck for tomorrow, we do sometimes feel fat and know but hope that is just a feeling and not reflected on the scales.

I don`t know what I have had that would upset my tummy but it feels jippy - as my dad would say.

Gonna put my food up in a minute, I know what I am having for dinner and if there is anything else it will be fruit.

Hope your tum's better by now - nice food and you've kept in low! You'll see in my other post - I did exercise - 30 mins!

Thx - Poppy's headache is fading but still there - but she's not very good for drinking - so went on websites today to show her how much she needs to drink - 1.5L - I didn't think it'd be that much!

Being an experienced Nan...you probably know this already but try silly containers and straws to encourage drinking, particularly when they're a bit off colour. ie a cereal bowl, a long thin bottle (looks like it goes down quickly and fools them), a tea cup etc...anything they wouldn't normally have. :)

Poor Nik, Doreen! That must have been so painful! Glad it's slightly better for him today. It'll be lovely for you to see Faye receive her reward. :)

Well done with being so disciplined with the Maltesers, too! :) Hope your tummy is feeling better now, Doreen and you take care, driving to Nik's tomorrow. x

Fingers crossed you get a good loss tomorrow, Linda (upndown). x

Lovely to keep seeing you pop up, Linda (Cloudy). Hope things are improving at your end. x

Monday 16th March.

hexa milk hexb 2 bread

Dinner was -- 4 bread (10) 2 triangle cheeses (2) and ham

Bananas & co-op yogurt (1.1/2)

8 syns total now 19 syns.

Changed. Did not feel like cooking and was hungry. Tum ok now, just so tired. Must NOT get up early tomorrow.

Thanks for all your compliments of my planning, tripped up somewhat but could have been worse.

Changed. Did not feel like cooking and was hungry. Tum ok now, just so tired. Must NOT get up early tomorrow.

Thanks for all your compliments of my planning, tripped up somewhat but could have been worse.

Never mind Doreen - only 4 syns over our allowance - so plenty of time before WI to make that up! Hope your tum's better and wake up refreshed at a decent hour in the morning xx

Back