NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Poor Nik, Doreen! That must have been so painful! Glad it's slightly better for him today. It'll be lovely for you to see Faye receive her reward. :)

Well done with being so disciplined with the Maltesers, too! :) Hope your tummy is feeling better now, Doreen and you take care, driving to Nik's tomorrow. x

Fingers crossed you get a good loss tomorrow, Linda (upndown). x

Lovely to keep seeing you pop up, Linda (Cloudy). Hope things are improving at your end. x

Oh Doreen I didn't mention Nik & Faye - hope his eye continues to improve and the pain subsides asap and Faye - ah you must all be very proud of her - enjoy the event! xx

Being an experienced Nan...you probably know this already but try silly containers and straws to encourage drinking, particularly when they're a bit off colour. ie a cereal bowl, a long thin bottle (looks like it goes down quickly and fools them), a tea cup etc...anything they wouldn't normally have. :)

Thanks I could try those - she has a snack container with a straw - I'll give that to her now - good ideas xx

Sending wishes for a good nights sleep for Doreen, willpower for all, and hoping that Poppy will be feeling better soon. I'm still struggling to find time to keep up, need to make regular Mins time again but evenings seem to zoom by and I'm so tired every night at the moment. Too much in my head I think, it wears me out lol.

Anyway, should be around to catch up more tomorrow. x

I had a good sleep but lost my willpower before I went to bed. I reckon it is because I did not go out all day and I usually do. Anyway this is what I did.Monday 16th March.

hexa milk hexb 2 bread

B: mushroom omelette , 15 g l.f. cheese (2) 2 bacon 2 toast.
L: Spag bol from a tin (3) and pineapple & an apple
D: . 4 bread, (10) 2 cheese triangles (2), ham

ham in 4 more bread (10) triangles (2)
triangles Bananas & co-op yogurt (1.1/2)

30 1/2

Sending wishes for a good nights sleep for Doreen, willpower for all, and hoping that Poppy will be feeling better soon. I'm still struggling to find time to keep up, need to make regular Mins time again but evenings seem to zoom by and I'm so tired every night at the moment. Too much in my head I think, it wears me out lol.

Anyway, should be around to catch up more tomorrow. x

Well you have a lot one there - so not surprising that you're tired - as you say - lots on your mind.

Poppy is brighter today thanks - I pulled the 'snack thing' from the back of the cupboard - she was pleased to see it and she has drunk more - so thanks for that tip. I feel a bit washed out today - not sure if I've caught Poppy's bug or just tired from playing with her dolls, reading, games, making an upholstered Barbie chair etc (she found it on the web!!)

I had a good sleep but lost my willpower before I went to bed. I reckon it is because I did not go out all day and I usually do. Anyway this is what I did.Monday 16th March.

hexa milk hexb 2 bread

B: mushroom omelette , 15 g l.f. cheese (2) 2 bacon 2 toast.
L: Spag bol from a tin (3) and pineapple & an apple
D: . 4 bread, (10) 2 cheese triangles (2), ham

ham in 4 more bread (10) triangles (2)
triangles Bananas & co-op yogurt (1.1/2)

30 1/2

Oh no Doreen - all healthy stuff though - hope you're not too cross with yourself? How are you doing today I wonder? Hope you've been able to get back on track? I

Think you'll have arrived at Haverhill as I'm typing this - know you'll enjoy the award ceremony!

hope all your organisation means you'll be on plan whilst you're there - perhaps Davina will be keeping an eye on you too? Blimey I've almost interrogated you there Doreen! xx

Well I stayed the same - so a bit disappointed about that - as I thought I'd had a really good week - anyway, I wasn't surprised as I felt a bit bloated. Altho' I've not had totm for a while - I still have a cycle and a hormonal week - maybe I did retain water - but not going to rely on that - I also left my food diary the class consultant in case she could see anything wrong - but that's not likely either as you've all seen it!! One thing I've done different this week - I've not done as much exercised this week - but not convinced that wd make much difference!

So what did I do when I got home? Ate loads of high syn stuff - naughty Upndown - I feel a bit yucky not but serves me right!! Hope it's out of my system now - I'd planned a nice tea - but not sure I'll be able to eat it after all that lot!! But back on plan from now whatever happens!!

Oh no Doreen and Linda, a touch of the munchies for both of you.
Hope you got to Haverhill ok Doreen and didn't leave anything essential behind.
Linda, sorry you only got a STS, it's really tough when that happens after a good week. You had said you felt bloated though, so wonder what the cause was. Had you had anything salty in the last couple of days?
Anyway, you've had your splurge, now to get back to it xx

Glad Poppy's feeling better, Linda. Just sorry you now feel a bit ropey! Hopefully, it will just be tiredness, instead of the bug. Must admit, it's really exhausting (sometimes mentally too!) playing all day long. :D Anyway, fingers crossed, you're ok.

Hope you've arrived safely, Doreen and that you enjoyed the little ceremony. Hope your tummy is feeling better too. As Linda says, the over-indulgence is mainly healthy stuff so, hopefully, there won't be much, if any, damage done. Can't change it now anyway so?!!

Oh no, I really feel for you Linda! So annoying when you get a STS - like I did last week!! Grr! So unfair when you know you've been good. Right, here's your own words of wisdom that you gave me last week, coming, as THEY say, right back at you! 'Although it's annoying, you'll probably have a good loss next week.' or words to that effect! :) I usually do what you did though, after a disappointment like that - just eat loads of 'naughty' things but, at least, we can confess on here and we all encourage each other to try to stay on the straight and narrow. :)

Kathy xx (to you all).

Oh no Doreen and Linda, a touch of the munchies for both of you.
Hope you got to Haverhill ok Doreen and didn't leave anything essential behind.
Linda, sorry you only got a STS, it's really tough when that happens after a good week. You had said you felt bloated though, so wonder what the cause was. Had you had anything salty in the last couple of days?
Anyway, you've had your splurge, now to get back to it xx

[/QUOTE]Glad Poppy's feeling better, Linda. Just sorry you now feel a bit ropey! Hopefully, it will just be tiredness, instead of the bug. Must admit, it's really exhausting (sometimes mentally too!) playing all day long. :D Anyway, fingers crossed, you're ok.

Hope you've arrived safely, Doreen and that you enjoyed the little ceremony. Hope your tummy is feeling better too. As Linda says, the over-indulgence is mainly healthy stuff so, hopefully, there won't be much, if any, damage done. Can't change it now anyway so?!!

Oh no, I really feel for you Linda! So annoying when you get a STS - like I did last week!! Grr! So unfair when you know you've been good. Right, here's your own words of wisdom that you gave me last week, coming, as THEY say, right back at you! 'Although it's annoying, you'll probably have a good loss next week.' or words to that effect! :) I usually do what you did though, after a disappointment like that - just eat loads of 'naughty' things but, at least, we can confess on here and we all encourage each other to try to stay on the straight and narrow. :)

Kathy xx (to you all).
Thank you both and Hee Hee to Kathy & yes I'll heed my own advice! Linda - don't think I've any had more salt tham normal lately - but Poppy and I seem to be starting with cystitis now - plus I have her bug now - might have been that - either way I've made it much harder to lose next week but will reduce my syns and up my speed!! xx

I got to Haverhill ok yesterday. My scales looking kinda good at present. Just getting children ready for school will report in after breakfast and taking dog out and going to Tesco to pick up some clothes I ordered. Take a breath :)

I got to Haverhill ok yesterday. My scales looking kinda good at present. Just getting children ready for school will report in after breakfast and taking dog out and going to Tesco to pick up some clothes I ordered. Take a breath :)

Morning Nanny D. Great re the scales, hope the dog behaves and you like the clothes. Enjoy your day, don't overdo it xx

Food for yesterday in case I forget to post.

Tuesday 17th March

Hexa milk. Hexb 2 bread

B: 2 bread 2 eggs lots mush extra bread (2.1/2)
L; M&S count on us teriyaki chicken (7 syn)
Took chidren to KFC I had a large coffe, pinched 2 chips but finished Flynn`s icecream :eek:
When we got home I had 2 jaffa cakes (5 syns)
By now not hungry so just a coffee before bed.

12.1/2 syns I should say + 5 for ice cream

still feeling confident about my food though.

Last edited:
Well you have a lot one there - so not surprising that you're tired - as you say - lots on your mind.

Poppy is brighter today thanks - I pulled the 'snack thing' from the back of the cupboard - she was pleased to see it and she has drunk more - so thanks for that tip. I feel a bit washed out today - not sure if I've caught Poppy's bug or just tired from playing with her dolls, reading, games, making an upholstered Barbie chair etc (she found it on the web!!)

Oh no Doreen - all healthy stuff though - hope you're not too cross with yourself? How are you doing today I wonder? Hope you've been able to get back on track? I

Think you'll have arrived at Haverhill as I'm typing this - know you'll enjoy the award ceremony!

hope all your organisation means you'll be on plan whilst you're there - perhaps Davina will be keeping an eye on you too? Blimey I've almost interrogated you there Doreen! xx

Glad Poppy is brighter. No wonder you feel tired all that children playing. I always find it is mental rather then physical, exhausting in fact no matter how much we love being with them,

Did not go to plan yesterday as after activities finished we had just enough time to get home then take Flynn to football class 5-6pm. Then to KFC. No too tired to sort food.! What a busy life they lead.

Davina is only there after work only the dog to keep an eye on me and he just wants to eat what I am having.
The ceremony for Faye was good. She scored overal for this term 81% which apparently is excellent. She got 10/10 for some things. Unfortunately she does not really want to do it anymore she said she would prefer to join book club. I think that is more Faye. Her dad wants her to carry on with Kung Fu. So she can defend herself I reckon.
Flynn has a ceremony tonight so will be watching him too. Actually we watch the whole session before the awards. Mum is hoping to get out of work early to get there too.
Flynn is sooo proud I am going. I wish I lived nearer, but I don`t want to move.

Niks eye looks perfect, you would never know he has had a dogs paw in his eye. Says it is still tender but I guess he was given good treatment.

Well I stayed the same - so a bit disappointed about that - as I thought I'd had a really good week - anyway, I wasn't surprised as I felt a bit bloated. Altho' I've not had totm for a while - I still have a cycle and a hormonal week - maybe I did retain water - but not going to rely on that - I also left my food diary the class consultant in case she could see anything wrong - but that's not likely either as you've all seen it!! One thing I've done different this week - I've not done as much exercised this week - but not convinced that wd make much difference!

So what did I do when I got home? Ate loads of high syn stuff - naughty Upndown - I feel a bit yucky not but serves me right!! Hope it's out of my system now - I'd planned a nice tea - but not sure I'll be able to eat it after all that lot!! But back on plan from now whatever happens!!

Sorry you STS Linda, but as we always say better than a gain :rolleyes: don`t help though does it. When I feel bloated I take a tablet called Buscapan. It is actually for IBS but my Doc gave it to me for gallstone problems. If actually have swelling in my legs I take water pills. I had one last week because it affects my head too. I do think a little exercise helps, but don`t forget when we are doing our housework that is exercise. The only extra I get is walking down to the cafe most days.

Going home and eating is a natural but naughty think to do miss upndown. Stay back on it now because you may well have a better loss next week because you sts (maintained) this week.
Don`t be too despondent keep your chin up and give us a nice sunny smile, we certainly need it here the weather is misty and cold.

Last edited:
KATHY --- Love it you turned the scales on Linda. Funny how the same things happen to us all a lot of the time.
Also - no once done we cannot change that food but we can do better next day and the rest till weigh day.

I was supposed to be going to Tesco after school but decided to go home and have a lovely english breakfast. am now trying to tpye with one hand as the dog is trying to eat the other. Walked dog after breakfast - he is slightly better on the lead, not much but a little.

It is 11am now so off I go to the shops before I get eaten

Have a good day Linda Kathy and Linda. xx

A lovely bright post from you Doreen and sounds like it's going well. Hope you avoided the biscuit aisle at Tesco ;)
I'm trying very hard to stick on plan. Just had salad for lunch which I know 'is' sufficient but leaves me feeling like I want something more.
Enjoy the lovely sunny weather xx

Chuffed scales are looking good Doreen - sounds busy there - good for body magic ;) xx

Hope Linda and Poppy are both feeling better today and that you have the lovely Spring sunshine. Xx

Hi Linda C - Nice to hear you sounding more like you! And on plan - hoping you get a nice loss this week - to get you to your next target.

Poppy and Linda U have been to the docs today and we have cystitis - I'm sure the antibiotics will do the trick!! Yes we have lovely the sunshine to help - Poppy wanted us to play in the garden earlier - nice but a bit chilly! xx

Food for yesterday in case I forget to post.

Tuesday 17th March

Hexa milk. Hexb 2 bread

B: 2 bread 2 eggs lots mush extra bread (2.1/2)
L; M&S count on us teriyaki chicken (7 syn)
Took chidren to KFC I had a large coffe, pinched 2 chips but finished Flynn`s icecream :eek:
When we got home I had 2 jaffa cakes (5 syns)
By now not hungry so just a coffee before bed.

12.1/2 syns I should say + 5 for ice cream

still feeling confident about my food though.

Glad you're feeling confident - your calories seem low - so not surprised your scales are smiling at you :) xx

Glad Poppy is brighter. No wonder you feel tired all that children playing. I always find it is mental rather then physical, exhausting in fact no matter how much we love being with them,

Did not go to plan yesterday as after activities finished we had just enough time to get home then take Flynn to football class 5-6pm. Then to KFC. No too tired to sort food.! What a busy life they lead.

Davina is only there after work only the dog to keep an eye on me and he just wants to eat what I am having.
The ceremony for Faye was good. She scored overal for this term 81% which apparently is excellent. She got 10/10 for some things. Unfortunately she does not really want to do it anymore she said she would prefer to join book club. I think that is more Faye. Her dad wants her to carry on with Kung Fu. So she can defend herself I reckon.
Flynn has a ceremony tonight so will be watching him too. Actually we watch the whole session before the awards. Mum is hoping to get out of work early to get there too.
Flynn is sooo proud I am going. I wish I lived nearer, but I don`t want to move.

Niks eye looks perfect, you would never know he has had a dogs paw in his eye. Says it is still tender but I guess he was given good treatment.

Sorry you STS Linda, but as we always say better than a gain :rolleyes: don`t help though does it. When I feel bloated I take a tablet called Buscapan. It is actually for IBS but my Doc gave it to me for gallstone problems. If actually have swelling in my legs I take water pills. I had one last week because it affects my head too. I do think a little exercise helps, but don`t forget when we are doing our housework that is exercise. The only extra I get is walking down to the cafe most days.

Going home and eating is a natural but naughty think to do miss upndown. Stay back on it now because you may well have a better loss next week because you sts (maintained) this week.
Don`t be too despondent keep your chin up and give us a nice sunny smile, we certainly need it here the weather is misty and cold.

Glad that Nik's eye has healed so well and that Flynn has a ceremony too - not surprised that they like you to be there to share their glory and know you love it too! Hope Faye enjoy book club - they like to try different things don't they? Perhaps Flynn will like Fug Fu when he's old enough to go?

You'll have seen that Poppy and I've been to the docs - funny we both have it tho'? She seems brighter and we went out in the garden for a short while - very sunny but cool.

Yes I was very naughty - shd I sit in the corner I wonder? Back on plan today - as you'll see below but still fancying sweet stuff - wonder if you have lots (like I did yest) it leaves you with a taste for more? That's why I made a ff yog sundae!!

Here's my plan for Weds 18 March:

B: gammon and toast - heb, ketchup 1 syn, mange tout for speed!!
L: SW broccoli soup, layered ff toffee yog, ff vanilla yog and banana topped with 3g flaked almonds 1 syn
D: I think I'll have an omelette with salad and if I need more I'll do another dessert - as at lunch!

lots of fruit teas, 1 coffee so far - part hea

Probably no exercise today :(

Hope you all have a good day xx

KATHY --- Love it you turned the scales on Linda. Funny how the same things happen to us all a lot of the time.
Also - no once done we cannot change that food but we can do better next day and the rest till weigh day.

I was supposed to be going to Tesco after school but decided to go home and have a lovely english breakfast. am now trying to tpye with one hand as the dog is trying to eat the other. Walked dog after breakfast - he is slightly better on the lead, not much but a little.

It is 11am now so off I go to the shops before I get eaten

Have a good day Linda Kathy and Linda. xx

A lovely bright post from you Doreen and sounds like it's going well. Hope you avoided the biscuit aisle at Tesco ;)
I'm trying very hard to stick on plan. Just had salad for lunch which I know 'is' sufficient but leaves me feeling like I want something more.

Tuesday 18th March

hexa mik, hexb bread

B: eggs, bacon, mush, beans 1 xtra bread (2.1/2 syns)
S: 2 bananas
L: M&S roasted veg lasagne (5 syns) and fresh tomatoes
D: Chicken chasseur with pork chop & chicken thigh, mush, peppers pkt mix (2syns)
2 bananas yogurt & sweetner
Coffee and matybe sarsuma later

9 1/2 syns

It is going well thank you. Dog not being too bad either. No biscuit aisle just two tops, baloon, I think they call them. They just fit and are size 20 or 22, cannot remember. Will check later. I know it was a long time ago but in the middle 901s I use to buy 32/34 from Evans and still had to wear a t-shire under as tje buttons did not meet. I wish I had keps on, but I didn`t manage. Ay least it going now.

Size 22

Last edited:
Chuffed scales are looking good Doreen - sounds busy there - good for body magic ;) xx

Not a lot of time for sitting about for long which in itself is good. I will check the scales tomorrow when I get up. Will weigh at 11.30am when I get home Friday.

Hi Linda C - Nice to hear you sounding more like you! And on plan - hoping you get a nice loss this week - to get you to your next target.

Poppy and Linda U have been to the docs today and we have cystitis - I'm sure the antibiotics will do the trick!! Yes we have lovely the sunshine to help - Poppy wanted us to play in the garden earlier - nice but a bit chilly! xx

Both of you, not good. Hope it better soon.

Glad that Nik's eye has healed so well and that Flynn has a ceremony too - not surprised that they like you to be there to share their glory and know you love it too! Hope Faye enjoy book club - they like to try different things don't they? Perhaps Flynn will like Fug Fu when he's old enough to go?
Flynn will stay at Kung Foo I reckon. He is still a bit shy but got 71% so not bad at all.
You'll have seen that Poppy and I've been to the docs - funny we both have it tho'? She seems brighter and we went out in the garden for a short while - very sunny but cool.

Yes I was very naughty - shd I sit in the corner I wonder? Back on plan today - as you'll see below but still fancying sweet stuff - wonder if you have lots (like I did yest) it leaves you with a taste for more? That's why I made a ff yog sundae!!

Here's my plan for Weds 18 March:

B: gammon and toast - heb, ketchup 1 syn, mange tout for speed!!
L: SW broccoli soup, layered ff toffee yog, ff vanilla yog and banana topped with 3g flaked almonds 1 syn
D: I think I'll have an omelette with salad and if I need more I'll do another dessert - as at lunch!

lots of fruit teas, 1 coffee so far - part hea

Probably no exercise today :(

Hope you all have a good day xx

No you don`t have to do a Jack Horner Linda. hehe.

Lets start again, Got in the middle of your post . Can you see what I have put.

Food it looking good. Take care Linda don`t worry about it too much. Justkeep going.

Back