NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Lets start again, Got in the middle of your post . Can you see what I have put.

Food it looking good. Take care Linda don`t worry about it too much. Justkeep going.

Yes thanks Doreen - I could easily pick out your words amongst mine - and nice words they were too! Oh I forgot that Flynn already goes to Kung Fu - and I reckon 71% is a great mark! :clap: for Faye and Flynn! Glad you're sounding confident about your WI xx

Funny how I could stay on plan today after yesterday - but thank goodness! I'll repost my food now. xx

It is going well thank you. Dog not being too bad either. No biscuit aisle just two tops, baloon, I think they call them. They just fit and are size 20 or 22, cannot remember. Will check later. I know it was a long time ago but in the middle 901s I use to buy 32/34 from Evans and still had to wear a t-shire under as tje buttons did not meet. I wish I had keps on, but I didn`t manage. Ay least it going now.

Size 22

Think we've all got regrets about our dieting history - but at least we're all moving forward - even if it's at a slow pace sometimes!! But you've done so well getting down to size 22!! Onwards and downwards eh?xx

Tuesday 18th March

hexa mik, hexb bread

B: eggs, bacon, mush, beans 1 xtra bread (2.1/2 syns)
S: 2 bananas
L: M&S roasted veg lasagne (5 syns) and fresh tomatoes
D: Chicken chasseur with pork chop & chicken thigh, mush, peppers pkt mix (2syns)
2 bananas yogurt & sweetner
Coffee and matybe sarsuma later

9 1/2 syns

Great food again and fab syns Doreen xx

Hi - hope you've all had a good day - reposting my food for Weds 18 March, not cos I've messed up - just updating!! Isn't it funny how we can go mad one day and back on plan the next? Hope I can recover from yesterday's madness!

As you can see I need something sweet at lunch - but a couple of biscuits was fine later on!

B: gammon and toast - heb, ketchup 1 syn, mange tout for speed!!
L: SW broccoli soup, layered ff toffee yog, ff vanilla yog and banana topped with 3g flaked almonds 1 syn
D: Mushroom, onion, 9g parmesan - part hea (was enough!) omelette with lettuce, cucumber, cherry toms, balsamic vinegar. WW oat & choc chip biscuits 2.25 syns.

Drinks: fruit tea, water, 2 coffees with a dash of milk - part hea

Total syns: 4.25 syns - I hope I can keep my syns low all week to make up for yesterday! xx

Last edited:
Good variety there too Linda. I find that it does help, especially that little bit of cheese.

It is 1.35am. Been to sleep but now woke up. Thought I was going home Friday am in time to get to late weigh at 11.30 at home. But I have to pick kids up at school t.time. I have spoken to N&D about it and said that if they say Tues xx time, then Friday, then I would leave am. I think they got the picture.

Now I can go to Newmarket, (not been there before, ) this morning for 9.30ish or to Saffron Walden tomorrow. If I go tomorrow then I miss the church service for Flynn. Don`t think he is expecting me though. The batteries on my scales are saying `low` and I like to weigh before I go and could buy batteries today. Mind you they may give me one more weigh.

Will be up by 7am - again , and see if they working.
I know I had loss when I weighed whatever day it was, must have been yesterday. I lose my days here.
I am silly, if it was down yesterday it should be down today. I should go today. Oh we will see.

Goodnight again away from my ramblings.

It is now 3.15am. Could not sleep then the dog started barking a short time after I went to bed at 2.15. Nik got up, not sure what he was doing. Thought he had gone back to bed. The dog was still woofing. Then I could smell smoke. Went downstairs to check, electric cupbosrd was open and I thought Nik was checking. I opened the front door and up the road could see flames coming out of a house roofs. Put my coat on over night clothes and went out. Two houses up the road were on fire.
After 15mins saw Davina out some came back in to be with the children who thankfully are still asleep.
The fire brigade with looking for water hydrants. They did not know where they were.
AT THIS POINT MUST STRESS KNOW WHERE THEY ARE IN YOUR STREET.

NOW 2 fire trucks with ladders have turned up. Rather late. It took the original fire people over 20mins from the call to get here. Fire station only 5mins down the road. A responsible person rang, 20yrs old or there about.

When Davina got up there she spoke to a police officer and asked if they had knocked at a particular house as she knew there was a family with a baby . He didn`t know. but said she could knock around if she wanted.

Diabolical.

OMG somebody was in the house. His wife had left him and taken the baby with her.

Last edited:
It is now 3.15am. Could not sleep then the dog started barking a short time after I went to bed at 2.15. Nik got up, not sure what he was doing. Thought he had gone back to bed. The dog was still woofing. Then I could smell smoke. Went downstairs to check, electric cupbosrd was open and I thought Nik was checking. I opened the front door and up the road could see flames coming out of a house roofs. Put my coat on over night clothes and went out. Two houses up the road were on fire.
After 15mins saw Davina out some came back in to be with the children who thankfully are still asleep.
The fire brigade with looking for water hydrants. They did not know where they were.
AT THIS POINT MUST STRESS KNOW WHERE THEY ARE IN YOUR STREET.

NOW 2 fire trucks with ladders have turned up. Rather late. It took the original fire people over 20mins from the call to get here. Fire station only 5mins down the road. A responsible person rang, 20yrs old or there about.

When Davina got up there she spoke to a police officer and asked if they had knocked at a particular house as she knew there was a family with a baby . He didn`t know. but said she could knock around if she wanted.

Diabolical.

OMG somebody was in the house. His wife had left him and taken the baby with her.

Gosh what a nightmare Doreen - strange that the water hydrants were hard so hard to find - hope everyone is safe there now? Hope you've managed to get some rest today - you must have been tired - and that can throw us off track sometimes too can't it - but you've been very determined to get a loss this week - reckon you'll be fine ;) xx

They are going to have to demolish 4 houses because of this fire. It was so bad it has caused structural damage to the other houses. Unfortunately the occupier of the original house that was on fire died. There are a lot of upset people out there.

Davina has just received a phone call from Fayes school. She is going to be presented with an award. Not sure what it is actually for as yet but you have to be specially chosen for it. Faye does not know yet and won`t know until her name is called tomorrow afternoon. Mum has booked day off and I will be able to see the presentation too.

They are going to have to demolish 4 houses because of this fire. It was so bad it has caused structural damage to the other houses. Unfortunately the occupier of the original house that was on fire died. There are a lot of upset people out there.

Oh that is very sad Doreen - that poor person no wonder everyone is upset. I feel for those whose homes have to be demolished too. Take care xx

Davina has just received a phone call from Fayes school. She is going to be presented with an award. Not sure what it is actually for as yet but you have to be specially chosen for it. Faye does not know yet and won`t know until her name is called tomorrow afternoon. Mum has booked day off and I will be able to see the presentation too.

Wow - how exciting!! Well done Faye - another presentation for you too xx

Good variety there too Linda. I find that it does help, especially that little bit of cheese.

It is 1.35am. Been to sleep but now woke up. Thought I was going home Friday am in time to get to late weigh at 11.30 at home. But I have to pick kids up at school t.time. I have spoken to N&D about it and said that if they say Tues xx time, then Friday, then I would leave am. I think they got the picture.

Now I can go to Newmarket, (not been there before, ) this morning for 9.30ish or to Saffron Walden tomorrow. If I go tomorrow then I miss the church service for Flynn. Don`t think he is expecting me though. The batteries on my scales are saying `low` and I like to weigh before I go and could buy batteries today. Mind you they may give me one more weigh.

Will be up by 7am - again , and see if they working.
I know I had loss when I weighed whatever day it was, must have been yesterday. I lose my days here.
I am silly, if it was down yesterday it should be down today. I should go today. Oh we will see.

Goodnight again away from my ramblings.

Ah that's a shame you can't go to your class - hope you can get weighed somewhere - know what you mean about weighing at home and at Boots!! They play with our minds the little devils!! Hope you get a loss Doreen xx

Hi - a lovely spring day here - I'm keeping things low for as long as I can to make up for Monday's sugar-fest!

B: boiled egg, toast & Marmite, apple
L: broccoli soup, layered dessert as yest - sliced banana, toffee ff yog, vanilla ff yog, 3g flaked almonds
D: Kathy's pork and chorizo meatballs, pasta sauce ? syns - need to check - and pasta, may have a low syn dessert

Drinks: 2 coffees, water, fruit tea

What awful news about the person who died, Doreen! That is so sad and so shocking that Davina was told she could knock on the doors!! Dreadful for the people who have lost their homes too.

You must be absolutely shattered! Really hope you can get some sleep tonight, at least. Great news about the ceremony for Flynn and the award for Faye. You must be really proud of them. :) Really good news about Nik's eye too.

Good luck with the WI's ladies. xx

AMENDED FOOD IN BOLD!

Hi - a lovely spring day here - I'm keeping things low for as long as I can to make up for Monday's sugar-fest!

B: boiled egg, toast - heb & Marmite, apple
L: broccoli soup, layered dessert as yest - sliced banana, toffee ff yog, vanilla ff yog, 3g flaked almonds - 1 syn
D: Kathy's pork and chorizo meatballs & pasta sauce - 2.5 syns - fab meal for low syns - p168! hifi bar - 3 syn size.
Snacks: 2 pears, WW biscs 2.25 syns

Total syns - 8.75

Drinks: 2 coffees - part hea, fruit tea, water

Drinks: 2 coffees, water, fruit tea[/QUOTE]

EDITED IN BOLD

B: boiled egg, toast - heb & Marmite, apple
L: broccoli soup, layered dessert as yest - sliced banana, toffee ff yog, vanilla ff yog, 3g flaked almonds 1 syn
D: Kathy's fab pork and chorizo meatballs & pasta sauce page 168 - 2.5 syns & pasta, hi fi bar - 3 syn type

Snacks: 2 pears, WW biscuits - 2.25 syns

Total syns: 8.75 syns

Drinks: 2 coffees - part hea, water, fruit tea

Omg, Doreen... I just read about that fire and what davina was told, that's shocking. I bet you were all a bit shaken and tired afterwards. Hope you're ok but those poor people that have lost their homes, and a life, obviously.

Good luck for weigh in. I lost 1lb which I'm happy with.

Keeping an eye on your food Linda, I know you're hanging in there by the skin of your teeth but you're doing ok. Xx

Omg, Doreen... I just read about that fire and what davina was told, that's shocking. I bet you were all a bit shaken and tired afterwards. Hope you're ok but those poor people that have lost their homes, and a life, obviously.

Good luck for weigh in. I lost 1lb which I'm happy with.

Keeping an eye on your food Linda, I know you're hanging in there by the skin of your teeth but you're doing ok. Xx

Thx - yes ur right - just about hanging on in there! Glad you're keeping an eye on me - can't be trusted to my own devices ;) In fact last night - I was looking for something to eat at 11.00 pm last night - there were goodies in the cupboard calling my name.....

...but I had 2 apples and 2 pears instead - whew - too much at that time of night but cd have been worse!

Today's food - Friday 20 March (hopefully)

b: bacon, 45g bread - heb, ketchup 1 syn
l: 15g parmesan cheese - hea, 10g chorizo - 1 syn, mushroom and onion omelette, lettuce, cherry toms, cucumber, balsamic vinegar
d: Kath's sticky chilli chicken 3syns, asparagus, cauli mashed a bit to resemble rice??!!

Snacks: limited fruit, ff yog & berries layered 'sundae'

Drinks: coffee - part hea, fruit tea, water

Syns: aiming for 5 or less :(

Poppy is at the Urdd competition again 2moro - county level this time - family en masse will be setting off about 8 am and will be there till about 6 pm - hubby and son bit miffed as the final games of the 6 Nations rugby are on this weekend! I'm thinking about how I'll be able to resist the fab catering - sarnies, choc, crisps and home made cakes! Will have to take a ton of SW goodies!

Hope everyone has a good day - esp Doreen at your weigh in xx

Last edited:
Drove to Saffron Walden to get weighed and had the wrong address on my satnav. Grrr. I really wanted to get weighed. Never mind, if I get away early tomorrow by say 8.30 there is a class not too far away from home that I can go to. They start at 10am.
Nik is at work tomorrow and Davina to take Faye dancing so I expect we will all be up anyway.

This afternoon we are going to see Faye in her band class at school. I will be back next week as she has her school play next Wednesday. You can`t not go can you.

Back