NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

EDITED IN BOLD

Hi - a lovely spring day here - I'm keeping things low for as long as I can to make up for Monday's sugar-fest!

B: boiled egg, toast - heb & Marmite, apple
L: broccoli soup, layered dessert as yest - sliced banana, toffee ff yog, vanilla ff yog, 3g flaked almonds 1 syn
D: Kathy's fab pork and chorizo meatballs & pasta sauce page 168 - 2.5 syns & pasta, hi fi bar - 3 syn type

Snacks: 2 pears, WW biscuits - 2.25 syns

Total syns: 8.75 syns

Drinks: 2 coffees - part hea, water, fruit tea

8.3/4 syns is good Linda. Keep it up and you will get that loss next week.

Can you tell me what an Urdd competition is. You may have said before apologies if you have.

Good Luck Poppy xxxxx

As for the goodies we know you can resist them - can`t you? Take some gear with you as you say and hopefully it will help. A long day though.

Guys and rugby - what a shame.

Hope ypu have the weather we have so lovely and sunny even if a bit chilly when outside.

Last edited:
8.3/4 syns is good Linda. Keep it up and you will get that loss next week.

Can you tell me what an Urdd competition is. You may have said before apologies if you have.

Good Luck Poppy xxxxx

As for the goodies we know you can resist them - can`t you? Take some gear with you as you say and hopefully it will help. A long day though.

Guys and rugby - what a shame.

Hope ypu have the weather we have so lovely and sunny even if a bit chilly when outside.

Thx for Poppy's good wishes! The Full name for the Urdd is Urdd Gobaith Cymru which roughly translates to the Welsh League of Youth, which has over 50,000 members - each group meets in schools, youth clubs etc. they do all kinds of sports, hobbies, arts and crafts, play musical instruments and drama.

Poppy likes the music, drama and poetry - in fact a full time drama queen!

The Urdd competitions are held in 3 rounds - the first round is at the local level in our case in about a 20 mile radius - which is the one Poppy went to recently. 2moro's competition is at county level the next level is the national competiton, which is to be held in Caerphilly this year - near to 2 where Owen lives! Just checked on the web and this year over 15,000 children have entered the competitons across Wales.

Sorry if that's too much info!

Weather was bright earlier and we had a great view of the eclipse! But it's clouded over now and gone chilly now. Yes I will take a big black bin bag full of SW goodies!!

Thx - yes ur right - just about hanging on in there! Glad you're keeping an eye on me - can't be trusted to my own devices ;) In fact last night - I was looking for something to eat at 11.00 pm last night - there were goodies in the cupboard calling my name.....

...but I had 2 apples and 2 pears instead - whew - too much at that time of night but cd have been worse!

Today's food - Friday 20 March (hopefully)

b: bacon, 45g bread - heb, ketchup 1 syn
l: 15g parmesan cheese - hea, mushroom and onion omelette, lettuce, cherry toms, cucumber, balsamic vinegar
d: Kath's sticky chilli chicken x syns, asparagus, cauli mashed a bit to resemble rice??!!

Snacks: limited fruit, ff yog & berries layered 'sundae'

Drinks: coffee - part hea, fruit tea, water

Syns: aiming for 5 or less :(

Poppy is at the Urdd competition again 2moro - county level this time - family en masse will be setting off about 8 am and will be there till about 6 pm - hubby and son bit miffed as the final games of the 6 Nations rugby are on this weekend! I'm thinking about how I'll be able to resist the fab catering - sarnies, choc, crisps and home made cakes! Will have to take a ton of SW goodies!

Hope everyone has a good day - esp Doreen at your weigh in xx

Drove to Saffron Walden to get weighed and had the wrong address on my satnav. Grrr. I really wanted to get weighed. Never mind, if I get away early tomorrow by say 8.30 there is a class not too far away from home that I can go to. They start at 10am.
Nik is at work tomorrow and Davina to take Faye dancing so I expect we will all be up anyway.

This afternoon we are going to see Faye in her band class at school. I will be back next week as she has her school play next Wednesday. You can`t not go can you.

Oh no what a pain to miss your WI - hope u get there 2moro. Are your scales smiling at u? You're right we can't resist supporting the children in all the things they do! Gosh Faye is a busy young lady! xx

Last edited:
Just thought Doreen - at least going to a WI 2moro will keep you on plan today! But then again you're not like that naughty Upndown are you ;)? LOL xx

Oh what a pain re the postcode being wrong so no weigh in Doreen. Hope you can make it tomorrow.

I'm glad you asked about the URDd as I couldn't remember either. I'll probably hear more over the next few years when Jamie is at a Welsh school. ;)

Just having a quick read while Millie has tea and then going for a walk as its turned sunny this afternoon:) x

Oh what a pain re the postcode being wrong so no weigh in Doreen. Hope you can make it tomorrow.

I'm glad you asked about the URDd as I couldn't remember either. I'll probably hear more over the next few years when Jamie is at a Welsh school. ;)

Just having a quick read while Millie has tea and then going for a walk as its turned sunny this afternoon:) x

Yes the Urdd has lots of Welsh learner members - and the young ones pick up languages very quickly don't they? Poppy's Mum is a teacher in an English medium school and will be taking some of her pupils to tomorrow's competition. xxx

What a nuisance that you missed the WI, Doreen. Still, one more day could mean a bit more off! :)

Have a lovely time tomorrow, ladies, supporting your grandchildren. They're very lucky to have such lovely families. :)

Well done with your pound off, Linda. :)

Gosh! That's a lot of smiley faces today!! xx

What a nuisance that you missed the WI, Doreen. Still, one more day could mean a bit more off! :)

Have a lovely time tomorrow, ladies, supporting your grandchildren. They're very lucky to have such lovely families. :)

Well done with your pound off, Linda. :)

Gosh! That's a lot of smiley faces today!! xx

Good thinking Kathy... Doreen has had an extra day to make those scales be nice to her! Good luck Doreen :)
Enjoy tomorrow Doreen and Linda. xx

Friday 20th March

hexa milk hexb bread

Brunch: eggs bacon mush toms & beans. 1 xtra bread (2.1/2 syns)
Snack 2 bananas
Dinner: Tesco h/l chicken in basil & tom sauce 1 syn) , spuds, broccoli
banana satsuma
Baileys coffee. (5)

8.1/2 syns

More news tomorrow Off to bed shortly. Enjoy tomorrow with Poppy and family Linda. xx

Faye was really pleased with her trophy today. The class chose Faye for this week as she is a very friendly and helpful person and they all really like her. Also because she is the star of the play for year 5 which she is performing next week.

More news tomorrow Off to bed shortly. Enjoy tomorrow with Poppy and family Linda. xx

Faye was really pleased with her trophy today. The class chose Faye for this week as she is a very friendly and helpful person and they all really like her. Also because she is the star of the play for year 5 which she is performing next week.

Ah how lovely for Faye to be chosen for her trophy - u must be very proud! Well done Faye xx

Friday 20th March

hexa milk hexb bread

Brunch: eggs bacon mush toms & beans. 1 xtra bread (2.1/2 syns)
Snack 2 bananas
Dinner: Tesco h/l chicken in basil & tom sauce 1 syn) , spuds, broccoli
banana satsuma
Baileys coffee. (5)

8.1/2 syns

Oooh a tasty low day Doreen - well done xx

Last edited:
Well weigh in ................ drum roll........................ STS.

I am a bit shocked at that but never mind better than a gain. My middle is feeling a bit bloated (copying Linda) a bit uncomfortable. Could be that could just be Haverhill I don`t think I really have enough speed and I certainly eat too many bananas. A bit more planning to do as back up there on Tuesday pm for Fayes play on Wednesday.

Oh well we will see.

Morning Ladies 

Hi Ann - hope day 1 of your restart goes well ;0 x

Well weigh in ................ drum roll........................ STS.

I am a bit shocked at that but never mind better than a gain. My middle is feeling a bit bloated (copying Linda) a bit uncomfortable. Could be that could just be Haverhill I don`t think I really have enough speed and I certainly eat too many bananas. A bit more planning to do as back up there on Tuesday pm for Fayes play on Wednesday.

Oh well we will see.

That's a shame - esp as you weren't expecting it - could it be that you got weighed on different scales I wonder - know SW scales are expensive and pretty accurate but you never know!

I think eating away from home (even if it's your 2nd home!) is a challenge. I can't remember now if you were 100% on plan for the week? And your lovely thread is too busy to look! If you were, that's just not fair!

:tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop: these are tears in case - like me you don't recognise them as that! :flowers::argh::patback::boohoo::banghead: xxx

EDITED FOOD IN BOLD

Just popped home in between Poppy's performances at the competition - she was doing a group poetry recitation at about 8.30 (at the preliminary stage ) there were several groups competing - and the judges select 3 to go thro to the next round (on the main stage this afternoon) unfortunately they didn't get thro'.

She's in the choir which is on at about 4.00, so we'll go back then.

The main reason we came home was to watch Wales playing rugby - not doing v well at the moment :cry:so we're shouting at the screen!

Hope everyone's enjoying the weekend - it's bright and sunny here and hope it is with you all! But there'll be a dark cloud looming over us if we lose the rugby match LOL!

Food wise I'm doing ok so far!

RED DAY

B: boiled egg, apple, eaten in the car cos we were running late!
L: bacon, 10g parmesan cheese part HEA, & mushroom omelette, cherry toms, cucumber. Light hi fi bar half HEB
D: SW lasagne, asparagus Aldi 59p bargain! cauli and carrots, ff yog/quark sundae and berries (getting hooked on these!) 20g flaked almonds - HEB, Bournville choc options - 2 syns

Snacks: pear, apple & another Light hi-fi bar half HEB

Drinks: 2 coffees - milk part HEA, fruit teas, water, diet drinks

Total syns - 2

Last edited:
I also keep a blog for myself so I can look at ease at how my week as been and it was fine. The scales at this class usually make me heavier than my Friday class scales. This might mean I have lost 1lb but I had expected more. I don`t think tiredness makes a different, if I did I would have lost loads. That one night with virtually no sleep because of the fire has been telling on all of us. Nik has still had to go to work and Davina and I have had school commitments so no extra sleep.

Just looked on the tv and it is Italy 13, wales 41.
Mmm a win would put you above England. Not sure about you winning now though. I don`t follow rugby so it will be ok. As if you need my permission,

Enjoy the rest of the day.. xxx

I also keep a blog for myself so I can look at ease at how my week as been and it was fine. The scales at this class usually make me heavier than my Friday class scales. This might mean I have lost 1lb but I had expected more. I don`t think tiredness makes a different, if I did I would have lost loads. That one night with virtually no sleep because of the fire has been telling on all of us. Nik has still had to go to work and Davina and I have had school commitments so no extra sleep.

Just looked on the tv and it is Italy 13, wales 41.
Mmm a win would put you above England. Not sure about you winning now though. I don`t follow rugby so it will be ok. As if you need my permission,

Enjoy the rest of the day.. xxx

Well let's hope those scales are more than a pound out then!! Do you feel confident for the week? Good idea to keep track of what you've eaten. Hope you can get some rest at home b4 you go back to Haverhill. The weather's lovely here today and hope it is with you to give you a little lift.

I'm not sure how my WI will go after than monster sugary/fatty binge - but as you've seen I've tried to be an angel since Weds!! Don't think I can do any more - whatever happens I'll DEFINITELY not be bingeing after class this week!!

Yes I have one eye on the tv and one on Minis! We're just glad they played better this game - altho Italy seem to tire after the first half and that's when Wales started scoring really - so they need to improve for next season!

Hubby tells me that Wales have been coached to play one style of rugby and all their opponents know that and that's why they've lost games lately. Apparently during this game they've changed tactics and it's worked (but cos they're not used to that style of play they've not played that well) all that goes over my head so hope it hasn't bored you!

Back off to the competition in a minute! See you later xx

Well Doreen, hope you aren't TOOO disappointed at your sts, it probably is because you're away and wi on different scales. Well done to Faye.

Also well done to Poppy, it's lovely being Grans/Nans/Nannas isn't it?

Millie has been sick today so I've done three extra washing loads. Poor baby, she's asleep now. Hopefully no more. I've not been good on food today, grr. Must do better as I feel rubbish.
Hope the rugby turned out well. X

Well Doreen, hope you aren't TOOO disappointed at your sts, it probably is because you're away and wi on different scales. Well done to Faye.

Also well done to Poppy, it's lovely being Grans/Nans/Nannas isn't it? 

Millie has been sick today so I've done three extra washing loads. Poor baby, she's asleep now. Hopefully no more. I've not been good on food today, grr. Must do better as I feel rubbish.
Hope the rugby turned out well. X

Ah poor Millie - and poor you with all the washing - hope she's better soon. Pity about your day - 2moro's another day!! Yep Wales won the rugby match so happy with that but Italy aren't one of the best sides to be fair ;)

Better result for Poppy's school - the choir won today and go thro to the National Competition - I hope to be able to send you all a short video of the choir soon (by private message) you won't understand the words but hopefully will enjoy the tune and the children's faces!!

Managed to resist the fab home made cakes at the competition - took a hi fi bar and fruit!! xx

Back