NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Saturday 21st March

Hexa milk Hexb 2 bread

Lunch: 2 toast with banana & cinnamon with a little yogurt, coffee.

2 satsumas and 1 apple

D: 2 pork loin chops.300g boiled spuds. lots of broccoli, cauli . 2 tsp gravy grans (2 syns) 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard. (1/2 syn)

Frozen fruit & Yogurt
2 bread (5 syns) ham 10g cheese (2syns)

10.1/2 syns

Saturday 21st March

Hexa milk Hexb 2 bread

Lunch: 2 toast with banana & cinnamon with a little yogurt, coffee.

2 satsumas and 1 apple

D: 2 pork loin chops.300g boiled spuds. lots of broccoli, cauli . 2 tsp gravy grans (2 syns) 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard. (1/2 syn)

Frozen fruit & Yogurt
2 bread (5 syns) ham 10g cheese (2syns)

10.1/2 syns

Another good day Doreen xx

EDITED TO UPDATE MY FOOD

Here's my food plan for the day:

GREEN DAY

b: 85g bacon heb, 60g bread heb, 2 tsps ketchup 1 syn, apple
l: SW minestrone soup, pear,
d: Kathy's hash browns and chorizo 3 syns, 15g parmesan part hea, mushrooms, baked beans; yog/quark and raspberry sundae - grrr just checked the yogurt - it's liberte 0% yogurt but it's 1.5 syns a 100g pot - not free! grrrr! I used half the pot for the sundae so 0.75 syns :( and I bought 2 packs of 4 yogs!

snacks: a ff yog/quark and raspberry sundae (yes this one was fat free!) light hifi bar 3 syns, 2 apples

Drinks: 2 coffees - part hea, fruit tea, water, diet drink

Total Syns: 7.75

In a desperate attempt to improve my snail like progress I've set out my plan to get to target by 7 weeks on Tuesday :eek: feeling a bit fed up and dreading WI after last Tues binge - we will see! xx

Last edited:
I do usually too. Volunteered to look for somebody else.

I have to be careful with syns as I find portion sizes a bit difficult. :rolleyes:

Yes im same especially on sundays lol

upndown;[I said:
7791727]Thx for Poppy's good wishes! The Full name for the Urdd is Urdd Gobaith Cymru which roughly translates to the Welsh League of Youth, which has over 50,000 members - each group meets in schools, youth clubs etc. they do all kinds of sports, hobbies, arts and crafts, play musical instruments and drama.

Poppy likes the music, drama and poetry - in fact a full time drama queen!

The Urdd competitions are held in 3 rounds - the first round is at the local level in our case in about a 20 mile radius - which is the one Poppy went to recently. 2moro's competition is at county level the next level is the national competiton, which is to be held in Caerphilly this year - near to 2 where Owen lives! Just checked on the web and this year over 15,000 children have entered the competitons across Wales.

Sorry if that's too much info!

Weather was bright earlier and we had a great view of the eclipse! But it's clouded over now and gone chilly now. Yes I will take a big black bin bag full of SW goodies!!

Oh no what a pain to miss your WI - hope u get there 2moro. Are your scales smiling at u? You're right we can't resist supporting the children in all the things they do! Gosh Faye is a busy young lady! xx

Never too much informtion Linda, it is nice to know what the children are up to. Yhey could not see the eclipse in Haverhill as the cloud was so low.
I don`t know how Davina keeps up with the childrens activities, especially Faye.
[/I]

Just thought Doreen - at least going to a WI 2moro will keep you on plan today! But then again you're not like that naughty Upndown are you ;)? LOL xx

No I am not. :D

What a nuisance that you missed the WI, Doreen. Still, one more day could mean a bit more off! :)

Have a lovely time tomorrow, ladies, supporting your grandchildren. They're very lucky to have such lovely families. :)

Well done with your pound off, Linda. :)

Gosh! That's a lot of smiley faces today!! xx

Good thinking Kathy... Doreen has had an extra day to make those scales be nice to her! Good luck Doreen :)
Enjoy tomorrow Doreen and Linda. xx

Didn`t quite work out like that ladies :)

Ah how lovely for Faye to be chosen for her trophy - u must be very proud! Well done Faye xx

Thank you. What was really nice was that she did not know, By the time her name was called she did as all the girls in her class were looking at her. She was really chuffed.

TE=chocko1;7792326]That's brilliant news about Faye, Doreen. You must be so proud of her. Good luck for your WI. :) xx[/QUOTE]

Thank you to Kathy

You could be right, it is a bit different away from home, but I have to work on it because it will be happening a lot Usually I put on when there, so better this time,

Well let's hope those scales are more than a pound out then!! Do you feel confident for the week? Good idea to keep track of what you've eaten. Hope you can get some rest at home b4 you go back to Haverhill. The weather's lovely here today and hope it is with you to give you a little lift.

I'm not sure how my WI will go after than monster sugary/fatty binge - but as you've seen I've tried to be an angel since Weds!! Don't think I can do any more - whatever happens I'll DEFINITELY not be bingeing after class this week!!

Yes I have one eye on the tv and one on Minis! We're just glad they played better this game - altho Italy seem to tire after the first half and that's when Wales started scoring really - so they need to improve for next season!

Hubby tells me that Wales have been coached to play one style of rugby and all their opponents know that and that's why they've lost games lately. Apparently during this game they've changed tactics and it's worked (but cos they're not used to that style of play they've not played that well) all that goes over my head so hope it hasn't bored you!

Back off to the competition in a minute! See you later xx

That seems to make sense about the rugby to me. Good explanation. Must get better as they get used to playing that wayl
I will get some rest but also have been cooking for freezer to replace what I took with me lqast week. Have also been catching up with a couple of friends. That can sometimes use up a lot of time. Anyway washing done & nearly all dry, and some packing being done as I go along. Yes I am feeling confident but I need to find out when I am coming home so IU can sort weigh day. You carry on as you are Linda and you will get that loss. A target date set too Well done

I have god to update more regularly. If we don`t look everyday there is so much lovely stuff to read, but difficulty in replying.

Posting my food for today.Sunday 22nd March

hexa milk hexb 2 bread

B: 2 eggs, mushrooms & tomato 2 toast 2 coffee.
L: Lasagne (3.1/2 syns) home made from freezer.
D: 3 sausages (3 syns) boiled spuds. leeks, processed peas. 10g bisto powder (1 syn)

7.1/2 syns. (18/30)

satsumas & 2 apples
xtra drinks fruit teas x 4.
Diet lemomade.

Oh, well. Better luck next week, Doreen! :)

Fantastic news about Faye and Poppy. How lovely for you all.

Sorry to hear about Millie and all the washing, Linda. Hope she's better soon.

Not been on here much today and yesterday, as we have some visitors over from Australia and they want to visit London, Henley and Liverpool so, with it being in the summer, I've had to get some hotels booked, in advance. We're treating them to a theatre trip at the Garrick Theatre, London (they don't know), to see the musical, Let It Be, so had to sort that too. Along with Pete, my partner, Alan, his friend, is a mad Beatles fan so I'm sure he'll love it. We're also going to treat them to a 3 hour Beatles taxi tour in Liverpool. Pete and I went two years ago and, although he already knows lots about The Beatles, he still discovered lots more and it was really interesting, even for a non-Beatles fan! Told him, he owes me, as we've been Beatle exploring several times in Liverpool so I think it's about time he took me to Utah to do some Osmond exploring!!

Anyway, I've managed to book us somewhere in Henley (mainly to see the iron gates of George Harrison's mansion - thrilling!!), four nights in a hotel in Wimbledon so we can have easy access to the city via the tube and, up to now, two nights in the Radisson in Liverpool. What with car rental, it's going to cost a fortune but will, hopefully, be worth it! The last thing we need to do is find somewhere to stay, that's interesting, on the way back up from London, so we don't have to do the trip all in one go. Any suggestions very welcome, ladies! :) Phew!

So, as you can see, I've been pretty much glued to the computer screen for two days!

Good to be back on Mini's, for a change now. :) Lost 1lb today but was hoping for more. Still, I suppose it's off, not on and I did indulge last Sunday on Mothering Sunday so, maybe that's why. Hope you all have a good week, in every way. xx

Here's my food plan for the day:

GREEN DAY

b: 85g bacon heb, 60g bread heb, 2 tsps ketchup 1 syn, apple
l: SW minestrone soup, pear,
d: Kathy's hash browns and chorizo 3 syns, 30g parmesan, carrots, mushrooms, baked beans, some speed fruit

snacks: if I need more hoping it will be fruit plus a ff yog/quark and raspberry sundae, light hifi bar 3 syns

Drinks: 2 coffees - part hea, fruit tea, water, diet drink

In a desperate attempt to improve my snail like progress I've set out my plan to get to target by 7 weeks on Tuesday :eek: feeling a bit fed up and dreading WI after last Tues binge - we will see! xx

Showing my red/green ignorance again but is bacon allowed as a hex b? That seems weird to me but would be good to know if it is :)
That's a nice days food, I could manage that... and fingers firmly crossed you've made up for last Tuesday and you get a loss, I think you should xx

I have god to update more regularly. If we don`t look everyday there is so much lovely stuff to read, but difficulty in replying.

This has been my problem lately.... just not enough time to read and reply and then so much to read and makes it hard to reply to the relevant bits. It just seems that in recent weeks I've not had enough hours in the day and have only been reading on my phone, where it is more of a fiddle. Sorry, I'm hoping that this week will be quieter. x

Posting my food for today.Sunday 22nd March

hexa milk hexb 2 bread

B: 2 eggs, mushrooms & tomato 2 toast 2 coffee.
L: Lasagne (3.1/2 syns) home made from freezer.
D: 3 sausages (3 syns) boiled spuds. leeks, processed peas. 10g bisto powder (1 syn)

7.1/2 syns. (18/30)

satsumas & 2 apples
xtra drinks fruit teas x 4.
Diet lemomade.

Really good food for you too Doreen. I always look at other peoples meal plans and think, why am I struggling to stick to plan when I could eat that. Sometimes I can, and do, but other days I just can't seem to get my head in gear and think ahead to make enticing meals. When I first started early last year, I found it really easy.... now its part complacency (which means I don't always bother checking portion sizes or allowances) and part laziness. Need to get myself in the right mood again. :rolleyes:

I will get some rest but also have been cooking for freezer to replace what I took with me lqast week. Have also been catching up with a couple of friends. That can sometimes use up a lot of time. Anyway washing done & nearly all dry, and some packing being done as I go along. Yes I am feeling confident but I need to find out when I am coming home so IU can sort weigh day. You carry on as you are Linda and you will get that loss. A target date set too Well done

I'm pleased u will get some rest and ur cooking will help u with ur loss for next week! It'll have done u good to catch up with ur friends I hope. Glad ur confident for WI and that ur right about a loss for me - I did have an awful lot to eat during my WI day binge! Plus I feel fatter around my middle!

Not been on here much today and yesterday, as we have some visitors over from Australia and they want to visit London, Henley and Liverpool so, with it being in the summer, I've had to get some hotels booked, in advance. We're treating them to a theatre trip at the Garrick Theatre, London (they don't know), to see the musical, Let It Be, so had to sort that too. Along with Pete, my partner, Alan, his friend, is a mad Beatles fan so I'm sure he'll love it. We're also going to treat them to a 3 hour Beatles taxi tour in Liverpool. Pete and I went two years ago and, although he already knows lots about The Beatles, he still discovered lots more and it was really interesting, even for a non-Beatles fan! Told him, he owes me, as we've been Beatle exploring several times in Liverpool so I think it's about time he took me to Utah to do some Osmond exploring!!

Anyway, I've managed to book us somewhere in Henley (mainly to see the iron gates of George Harrison's mansion - thrilling!!), four nights in a hotel in Wimbledon so we can have easy access to the city via the tube and, up to now, two nights in the Radisson in Liverpool. What with car rental, it's going to cost a fortune but will, hopefully, be worth it! The last thing we need to do is find somewhere to stay, that's interesting, on the way back up from London, so we don't have to do the trip all in one go. Any suggestions very welcome, ladies! :) Phew!

So, as you can see, I've been pretty much glued to the computer screen for two days!

Good to be back on Mini's, for a change now. :) Lost 1lb today but was hoping for more. Still, I suppose it's off, not on and I did indulge last Sunday on Mothering Sunday so, maybe that's why. Hope you all have a good week, in every way. xx

Thanks Kathy. Love the sound of all your plans, your visitors should really enjoy all that. We saw a show called Let it Be but it wasn't in London, it was at a smaller theatre not that far away. It was great fun though, not sure if it will be the same format as what you see. I'll have to have a look and see if I can find a clip or something of the London one.
Sorry, no suggestions of somewhere for you to stay over to split your journey, as I don't know that area much. I hope someone else can help.
Well done on your 1lb off.... it all helps and as you say, its off, not on. :) x

I'm pleased u will get some rest and ur cooking will help u with ur loss for next week! It'll have done u good to catch up with ur friends I hope. Glad ur confident for WI and that ur right about a loss for me - I did have an awful lot to eat during my WI day binge! Plus I feel fatter around my middle!

I'm feeling VERY fat around my middle :-( and can only blame myself for not eating the right things. Yesterday I had white french bread and later on a chocolate brownie, today at Mums I had a piece of her homemade cake (yummy but very synful) and also have been drinking way too much coffee lately, which for some reason makes me bloated.
When will I learn?

Sorry, that's turned your post into an about me post.... I should go and post on my own diary, which I haven't even got around to doing for the past few days.
I'm certain YOUR food has been better over the rest of the week, after your one day of overdoing things and you may be pleasantly surprised on Tuesday morning. xx

Showing my red/green ignorance again but is bacon allowed as a hex b? That seems weird to me but would be good to know if it is :)
That's a nice days food, I could manage that... and fingers firmly crossed you've made up for last Tuesday and you get a loss, I think you should xx

I get confused at times too! I started SW in the old days of green and red but no longer have the booklets for those plans now - but as I recall - basically all lean meat is an heb on green. Similarly, potatoes, rice and pasta etc are heb on red. There's more to it than that of course but again I don't remember the detail!

But if I'm in doubt I do a 'search' to check - and this morning found out that 85g bacon = heb.

Still unsure about a loss this week though - after that massive binge on Tuesday WI day - have tried to keep things low but don't feel I've lost so please keep ur fingers crossed until my WI!!

I'm feeling VERY fat around my middle :-( and can only blame myself for not eating the right things. Yesterday I had white french bread and later on a chocolate brownie, today at Mums I had a piece of her homemade cake (yummy but very synful) and also have been drinking way too much coffee lately, which for some reason makes me bloated.
When will I learn?

Sorry, that's turned your post into an about me post.... I should go and post on my own diary, which I haven't even got around to doing for the past few days.
I'm certain YOUR food has been better over the rest of the week, after your one day of overdoing things and you may be pleasantly surprised on Tuesday morning. xx

Happy to hear about ur week here as I know will Doreen and Kathy! I'm sure ur mojo will return - it's just knowing when isn't it? But it's good that ur still posting and not thrown ur towel in the ring (is that the right expression - well I hope u get my meaning!) xx

Well done on the loss - I'd be very pleased with that this week!

Wow that sounds a very exciting trip! I'm sure ur friends will be delighted with all ur lovely plans! How far do you want to travel for your stopover? I was wondering about Oxford, Cambridge or Stratford upon Avon but not sure how far u want to go off ur route home? Also wd u u be driving or go by train? Give us a bit more detail and perhaps we cd make some suggestions. xx

Thank you. What was really nice was that she did not know, By the time her name was called she did as all the girls in her class were looking at her. She was really chuffed.

You could be right, it is a bit different away from home, but I have to work on it because it will be happening a lot Usually I put on when there, so better this time,

That seems to make sense about the rugby to me. Good explanation. Must get better as they get used to playing that wayl

EDIT: JUST REALISED I'VE REPLIED TO THIS POST TWICE NOW - silly me, time for bed! x

Lovely for Faye and all the family really!

Glad I make some sense some of the time! Hope u benefitted from seeing ur friends. And well done for the cooking and prep for Haverhill - ur doing well to fit ur visits into ur SW regime! As u say u usually gain when ur away - so sts is better - and with all ur preparation - let's really hope u get a loss this week xx

As a reply to an earlier post i too keep losing the relevant info i need and end up missing vital news xx feel recently ive neglected minimims but the only time i get to go on is now and recently had a lot on xx

Oooh quiet here this afternoon! Hope everyone's well and happy.W

Well I have a NSV to report - yesterday I was asked to collect 70 - yes seventy Easter Eggs from Morrisons yesterday (they gave a 20% discount!) for an event at the school - so I had them overnight - very pleased to report that I delivered them in tact this morning! Didn't want to jeoparidise my WI!

I'm also knitting little chicks who'll have a crème egg up their jacksies for the children too - they're very small and very easy - in fact Poppy's knitted a few!

I feel a tad thinner or maybe just less bloated for the first day since last Tuesday's eating contest with myself!! Will try to be v good today! Here's my food plan:

B: boiled egg and an apple
L: SW minestrone soup, ff yog, quark and raspberry sundae (small one!)
D: lamb, asparagus, cauli, carrots, mint sauce; another sundae maybe

Snacks: hea cheese? heb - cereal bar? another small sundae? fruit?

Hope you all have a good day xx

Back