NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Friday March 28

Last day of term - so my last stint of handicrafts and sweetie wrapping! We made £455 so worth it! I bought an end of term treat - a crème egg and 4 marshmallows wrapped in pretty sellophane tied up with ribbon - think crème eggs are 9 syns so marshmallows will be 2moro's treat! I'm up to speed with our 2 losers (in the nicest possible sense!) having caught up on their news - hope Kathy's had a good day and looking forward to her Easter break! My food went like this:

B: boiled egg, raw mange tout - love it and an Aldi bargain! Cherry toms and cucumber
L: Smoked mackerel, cucumber, cherry toms - for a change lol! 2 small funny tasting satsumas
D: Kathy's chicken and Chorizo casserole page 137 - delicious!! I only had about half the required chorizo but still lovely - and only 2 syns!!

Treats: crème egg - 9 syns plus 2 for the chorizo = 11 bit higher than I wanted but worth it!!

Last edited:
You have certainly taken to the choritzo dishes Linda. 11 syns good nut I don`t know about mange tout iaw or cooked. lol

You have certainly taken to the choritzo dishes Linda. 11 syns good nut I don`t know about mange tout iaw or cooked. lol

Yep I love chorizo for 2 reasons - one for the taste, two for the low syns!! I prefer my mange tout raw! xx

This was Friday

Friday 27th March.

hexa milk. hexb 2 bread

Brunch: bacon, eggs, mushrooms tomatoes. 3 toast.
1 xtra bread (2.1/2)

Snack:
banana, 100g 0% yogurt & cinnamon

Dinner:
4 sausages, curried beans & lots spuds.

This is how it ended up.

1 pot yogurt - 1.1/2 syns
1 bread with triangle cheese 3.1/2 x 6 is 21syns.

Instead of being 2.1/2 it is now. 25 syns./ 15

I had a bad night, first got up with bad cramp. First time for ages. Then when back to bed after waking in the chair. OMG did I dream, I was breaking up caravans with a knife! Then I had somebody chasing me because of it. We are going in a caravan next weekend and I don`t really like them, so with too much food, not enough sleep - no wonder.

Feeling fine and still confident I can get over that. It is so good to be able to put it down - like a confession and no hidden syns.

Have a good day today ladies, even if it is a wet one like here.

In case anyone interested I have started a thread for weight challenge for April.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made an error and called it

April 1015 challenge ----- didn`t know how to change it. :)

Last edited:
This was Friday

Friday 27th March.

hexa milk. hexb 2 bread

Brunch: bacon, eggs, mushrooms tomatoes. 3 toast.
1 xtra bread (2.1/2)

Snack:
banana, 100g 0% yogurt & cinnamon

Dinner:
4 sausages, curried beans & lots spuds.

This is how it ended up.

1 pot yogurt - 1.1/2 syns
1 bread with triangle cheese 3.1/2 x 6 is 21syns.

Instead of being 2.1/2 it is now. 25 syns./ 15

I had a bad night, first got up with bad cramp. First time for ages. Then when back to bed after waking in the chair. OMG did I dream, I was breaking up caravans with a knife! Then I had somebody chasing me because of it. We are going in a caravan next weekend and I don`t really like them, so with too much food, not enough sleep - no wonder.

Feeling fine and still confident I can get over that. It is so good to be able to put it down - like a confession and no hidden syns.

Have a good day today ladies, even if it is a wet one like here.

Well Doreen you did lose 3 whole pounds!!! Glad you're confident ur over it! I was like that after my Tuesday WI feasts so know what u mean. Yes I benefit greatly by confessing here too - like cleansing our souls!

Actually you've made me think now - I'm going to plan a lovely day's food for Tuesday's WI - to try to stop me bingeing this week - will allow myself 20 syns I think - then keep it low for the rest of the week.

I laughed out loud at ur dream - more like a nightmare to me! My Mum used to tell us we'd have bad dreams if we ate too much cheese for supper - maybe she was right ;) ! xx

In case anyone interested I have started a thread for weight challenge for April.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made an error and called it

April 1015 challenge ----- didn`t know how to change it. :)

You might have seen I've joined your challenge - thx for setting it up - just hope I achieve my 6lb target! xx

Planned a cycle ride on the Coastal path today but altho the sun keeps popping out - it's breezy and showery here - so hubby had an alternative plan - a meal at the pub! Off there later. Hope ur all enjoying the weekend. Food up to now:

b: boiled egg and and orange
l: smoked mackerel and orange (you can see I've been slaving in the kitchen today!)
d: unsure but it WILL be healthy and NO dessert

Drinks: fruit tea, diet drinks

Hope you've enjoyed your meal out, Linda and, well done with the money raising venture. That's so unfair that Welsh books cost more than English! My cousin lives in Mold and sends her children to a Welsh school so I suppose they encounter the same problem. Talk about prejudiced!

I hope your arthritis pains have eased off, Linda (Cloudy). Do you find the TENS machine helps? I certainly hope so.

I'm absolutely thrilled for your 3lb loss, Doreen! Well done!! Fantastic news! Mind you, I'm not surprised, after the week you've had, racing around everywhere! :O You definitely have a hectic life. :)

I didn't have time to post yesterday, as Pete and I went to watch a Michael Jackson tribute act yesterday evening. It was the guy who used to act as his body double while MJ was escaping from the back of a concert venue. He'd also actually sung in front of MJ and received a standing ovation for it, which he showed on the big screen. He was exceptionally good. There was a tiny 6 year old girl sitting on the front row, just in front of us, with her parents. She had a little silver, sparkly jacket on and even the single glove that MJ used to wear. She also had a sparkly trilby hat pulled forward over her eyes, like he used to do. She was dancing all the way through it and, towards the end, the singer spotted her and invited her up on stage. She was totally fearless and danced her little heart out. She certainly stole the show! :)

This afternoon I've been to my son's girlfriend's little girl's fourth birthday party, which was based on the Frozen film. It was a hectic afternoon so now, I'm back, relaxing at home. :) Good to catch up on all your news. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, ladies. xx

What a lovely story Kathy about the little girl on stage. So good she was confident. She will always remember that. Glad you enjoyed the show.
Little girls love Frozen don`t they.
The end of frozen was used in year 1 and 2`s church assembly on Friday (that included Flynn) this guy makes it all so interesting for the young children. What with that and the easter bonnet/hat parade it was lovely.
I was particularly pleased with the loss for two reasons, one is that I was at Haverhill and never lose when I go there. The other is that I have lost 10lbs since the start of January.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend Kathy - I will be going to a dance show Faye is in. She will certainly need the school hols to get her strength back,

Planned a cycle ride on the Coastal path today but altho the sun keeps popping out - it's breezy and showery here - so hubby had an alternative plan - a meal at the pub! Off there later. Hope ur all enjoying the weekend. Food up to now:

l: smoked mackerel and orange (you can see I've been slaving in the kitchen today!)
d: unsure but it WILL be healthy and NO dessert

Drinks: fruit tea, diet drinks

Hope you enjoy your meal Linda.

Hope you've enjoyed your meal out, Linda and, well done with the money raising venture. That's so unfair that Welsh books cost more than English! My cousin lives in Mold and sends her children to a Welsh school so I suppose they encounter the same problem. Talk about prejudiced!

I hope your arthritis pains have eased off, Linda (Cloudy). Do you find the TENS machine helps? I certainly hope so.

I'm absolutely thrilled for your 3lb loss, Doreen! Well done!! Fantastic news! Mind you, I'm not surprised, after the week you've had, racing around everywhere! :O You definitely have a hectic life. :)

I didn't have time to post yesterday, as Pete and I went to watch a Michael Jackson tribute act yesterday evening. It was the guy who used to act as his body double while MJ was escaping from the back of a concert venue. He'd also actually sung in front of MJ and received a standing ovation for it, which he showed on the big screen. He was exceptionally good. There was a tiny 6 year old girl sitting on the front row, just in front of us, with her parents. She had a little silver, sparkly jacket on and even the single glove that MJ used to wear. She also had a sparkly trilby hat pulled forward over her eyes, like he used to do. She was dancing all the way through it and, towards the end, the singer spotted her and invited her up on stage. She was totally fearless and danced her little heart out. She certainly stole the show! :)

This afternoon I've been to my son's girlfriend's little girl's fourth birthday party, which was based on the Frozen film. It was a hectic afternoon so now, I'm back, relaxing at home. :) Good to catch up on all your news. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, ladies. xx

Glad u had such a good time at the show - that little sounds lovely too! Hope the b'day girl enjoyed her party - Frozen seems to be very very popular!

Welsh books are more expensive compared to English texts cos there's very many less printed in Welsh so that's understandable from a business point of view but tough for the schools with their tight bugets.

Hope u get ur rest and have some nice plans for ur Easter break xx

Could not be bothered to cook the burgers I had prepared. Too tired.
In bed by 9.30

Saturday 28th March.

hexa milk. hexb 2 bread

B: 2 eggs, 2 bacon mushroom 2 toast 9.30
L: 3 satsumas & 3 apples.
Lasagne from freezer (2.1/2) with tomatoes
D: 2 bread (5) little x/lite philly, (1.1/2) frozen fruits & sweetener. Coffee

adding 4 syns for cheese on spuds I forgot yesterday.
13 syns.
That is 38/30

Could not be bothered to cook the burgers I had prepared. Too tired.
In bed by 9.30

Saturday 28th March.

hexa milk. hexb 2 bread

B: 2 eggs, 2 bacon mushroom 2 toast 9.30
L: 3 satsumas & 3 apples.
Lasagne from freezer (2.1/2) with tomatoes
D: 2 bread (5) little x/lite philly, (1.1/2) frozen fruits & sweetener. Coffee

adding 4 syns for cheese on spuds I forgot yesterday.
13 syns.
That is 38/30

Tasty day Doreen - hope u have a peaceful sleep and no more nasty dreams/nightmares xx

Updated food - Sat 28 March

It was nice to go out early - we're getting a chance to chill now! Here's how my food ended up:

d: steak, salad and veg, tiny choc brownie - syns?

Drinks: fruit tea, diet drinks, water, coffee milk - part hea

Snacks: meringue 2.5 syns with sweetened quark, raspberries and tsp syrup 1 syn, SW jelly sweets 4 syns - miscalculated the syns - thought it was half that - sweets are nice but not worth 4 syns AAAAAAHHHHH!

PLUS a chewy delight - heb

Total Syns: 7.5 plus the weenie brownie xx

Last edited:
Aw Doreen, that bad dream sounds horrible, its awful when you wake like that, I don't often but when I do it takes a while to relax afterwards. I do hope tonight's sleep is restful and calm and no more nasty dreams. Move on from those extra syns and you can make up before next week, for sure.

Kathy, your night out sounds great, the part about the little girl made me smile, what a lovely treat for her... and the Frozen party, hehe, sounds familiar, my grandson loves that film too. Oh and yes, the TENS can be a lifeline for me, depending on where and how bad the pain is, it makes a real difference. I actually have two, just in case one goes wrong, that's how much I rely on it at times. :)

Linda, what a pain about the extra syns for the sweets but at least you know now and either won't have them again or only if you can warrant the syns. I read about your meal out this evening on my diary but think your hard work in the kitchen earlier (hehe) was offset by your meal out. :p

Sleep well ladies and here's to a successful Sunday too. Don't forget to change your clocks tonight!! xx

Aw Doreen, that bad dream sounds horrible, its awful when you wake like that, I don't often but when I do it takes a while to relax afterwards. I do hope tonight's sleep is restful and calm and no more nasty dreams. Move on from those extra syns and you can make up before next week, for sure.

Kathy, your night out sounds great, the part about the little girl made me smile, what a lovely treat for her... and the Frozen party, hehe, sounds familiar, my grandson loves that film too. Oh and yes, the TENS can be a lifeline for me, depending on where and how bad the pain is, it makes a real difference. I actually have two, just in case one goes wrong, that's how much I rely on it at times. :)

Linda, what a pain about the extra syns for the sweets but at least you know now and either won't have them again or only if you can warrant the syns. I read about your meal out this evening on my diary but think your hard work in the kitchen earlier (hehe) was offset by your meal out. :p

Sleep well ladies and here's to a successful Sunday too. Don't forget to change your clocks tonight!! xx

Really handy to have 2 TENS machines - but a pity you need them at all - do u have rheumatoid or osteoarthritis?

Yes either a lie in 2moro or lose an hour's sleep - depends when I wake up! Hope you have a decent sleep to set u up for the day.

I hope Jamie was ok with on his trip to Wales - I'm sure they're having fun whilst they're there and that he'll be a good boy on the return journey xx

Updated food - Sat 28 March

It was nice to go out early - we're getting a chance to chill now! Here's how my food ended up:

d: steak, salad and veg, tiny choc brownie - syns?

Drinks: fruit tea, diet drinks, water, coffee milk - part hea

Snacks: meringue 2.5 syns with sweetened quark, raspberries and tsp syrup 1 syn, SW jelly sweets 4 syns - miscalculated the syns - thought it was half that - sweets are nice but not worth 4 syns AAAAAAHHHHH!

Total Syns: 7.5 plus the weenie brownie xx

I love a steak when I eat out. 7.5 syns is good eh? Can`t be much for a weenie brownie. Glad you had a good time

I love a steak when I eat out. 7.5 syns is good eh? Can`t be much for a weenie brownie. Glad you had a good time

Thanks Doreen - yes we enjoyed it but to be honest that was the only thing on the menu I fancied that was SW friendly - they're very flexible so they didn't mind at all when I asked for the veg and salad and no onion rings or chips! It's a lovely pub but I can only go there when I'm in a strong fame of mind cos the puds are to die for!! Night, Night xx

Last edited:
Back