NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Yay to 4lbs off Linda! Wow half a stone off sounds good, since you started. I think last weeks gain was unfair, so glad you got a big loss this time.
Still just on phone, but I'm on plan, amazingly!
Lucy announced this morning my surprise birthday present are tickets for her and me to go and see John Bishop this evening. I love him, so even though we both still feel a bit ropey, we're hoping we are ok.
Keep up the good work.
Oh and er, I have on a couple of occasions subbed a wholemeal hot cross bun for my hex b, so as naughty as you. x

Yay to 4lbs off Linda! Wow half a stone off sounds good, since you started. I think last weeks gain was unfair, so glad you got a big loss this time.
Still just on phone, but I'm on plan, amazingly!
Lucy announced this morning my surprise birthday present are tickets for her and me to go and see John Bishop this evening. I love him, so even though we both still feel a bit ropey, we're hoping we are ok.
Keep up the good work.
Oh and er, I have on a couple of occasions subbed a wholemeal hot cross bun for my hex b, so as naughty as you.  x

Thanks - what a lovely night out for you - I love JB too - enjoy and hope ur both well enough to make the most of it! Hee Hee regarding the hot x bun - they say a little bit if what u fancy does u good! Well done for staying on plan v hard I find when I'm ill. xx

Linda U Fantastic news, 4lb great, and half a stone too. Top marks for sticking with it. So glad you got that loss. You did deserve it

As for tweaks, I never do that :rolleyes:. I have seen that thread too, Whatever works for us eh?

Linda C enjoy John Bishop. I really like him too. Seems a genuine person too.
As for heb hot cross buns, where do you get them?? :D

Have been to the zoo again and fetched home two very tired children, Just having lnch. They have cake, crisps, crackers. Mmmm Ham sarnie for me and a banana.

Weather sunny but very very windy.

Linda U Fantastic news, 4lb great, and half a stone too. Top marks for sticking with it. So glad you got that loss. You did deserve it

As for tweaks, I never do that :rolleyes:. I have seen that thread too, Whatever works for us eh?

Linda C enjoy John Bishop. I really like him too. Seems a genuine person too.
As for heb hot cross buns, where do you get them?? :D

Have been to the zoo again and fetched home two very tired children, Just having lnch. They have cake, crisps, crackers. Mmmm Ham sarnie for me and a banana.

Weather sunny but very very windy.

Thx - as u can imagine I'm happy and relieved! wow u must have some stamina - 2 days out on the trot and well done for having an on plan lunch! xx

Children have gone home. Was difficult this time really as I have been so tired it has been really difficult to stick to plan. I am going on a family weekend Nr Yarmouth.
I am leaving early Thursday and going to Haverhill for 1 day and night. Look after children Thursday then on to holiday Friday.

We are going to a caravan park but myself & Nik & Davina are taking our own food for the most part rather then buy food on site. I shall take my usual frozen meals for the evenings and my normal breakfasts. Not sure about lunches, I want to try and keep them to a minimum,

There will be drink around as of course there is a bar but I shall stick to diet drinks & coffee even if I have to take my own.

I won`t be getting weighed this week, there is a class Thurs & Sat but I will be gone before thr Thursday one opens.

Wed get car MOT`d then get packed before going to bed so nothing to do Thursday except drive.

There should be wi-fi around so hope to keep in touch.

I understand Blue Cow is going to set another challenge for next 3 months.

Hope you have a lovely time, Doreen. Can't keep up with your busy social life! I'm sure you'll be very restrained where 'naughty' food is concerned! :) Take care and enjoy. xx

I'd blame the scales if I were u Kathy - as your jeans are now fitting you comfortably that can only be a positive sign - altho we often hear/read that we shd meadure ourselves b4 a diet - I never have but wish I had - and coincidentally have just posted something on those lines. Hope ur willpower will take u thro to August - as Doreen says - it'll be here b4 we know it! Glad the hols don't mean the diet goes downhill!

An early Happy Birthday to you :) and hope u enjoy ur meal out and ur stay at that fab B&B - treats make life richer I reckon ;) xx

Thank-you for your early birthday wishes, Linda. :) You're right - treats do make life richer!

Fantastic news about your clothes and the amazing 4lb loss!! Well worth waiting for, especially when it means you receive a half stone award! Well done! :) xx

Sorry to hear you're still not feeling your usual self, Linda. Really hope things improve for you very soon.

Thanks for telling us about the Warburton's Thins. I didn't know that and they may come in handy for lunch when I'm at school. :) xx

Tuesday 31 March

Hope you've all had a good day - I know Doreen will have enjoyed herself with the children, hope Kathy's enjoying her break and Linda is enjoying John Bishop.

Well I 've had a busy day with SW class, weekly food shop then went looking for clothes but not very successfully - ended up with only a couple of cushions!

Here's how my Tuesday treat WI day went - think this the first time I've posted on WI day - but will be doing so from now on. I've been looking what other ppl here do with their syns when they have less than a stone from target. Lots seem to go below 10 and can see I need to do that so will try to have 63 this week :0. As u'll see I had 46 syns today so we'll see how I get on!

Red Day

b: hi fi bar at class - heb
l: 2 white thins - but going to tweak them as a heb plus 2.5 syns, 30g cheese - hea and onion in one, bacon and ketchup 1 syn in the other. A SW brownie - 3 syns, raspberries, flaked almonds - 1.5 syns, ff yog/quark.
d: gammon steak, SW sausage 1 syn, oven chips - 6 syns, mushrooms, baked beans.

Total syns: 46!! Edited - cos I had 2 more creme eggs - 18 syns :0 - the eggs have all gone now!

Drinks: fruit tea, 1 coffee, ss milk - part hea, diet drinks, water

Last edited:
Thank-you for your early birthday wishes, Linda. :) You're right - treats do make life richer!

Fantastic news about your clothes and the amazing 4lb loss!! Well worth waiting for, especially when it means you receive a half stone award! Well done! :) xx

Thank you Kathy! xx

Children have gone home. Was difficult this time really as I have been so tired it has been really difficult to stick to plan. I am going on a family weekend Nr Yarmouth.
I am leaving early Thursday and going to Haverhill for 1 day and night. Look after children Thursday then on to holiday Friday.

We are going to a caravan park but myself & Nik & Davina are taking our own food for the most part rather then buy food on site. I shall take my usual frozen meals for the evenings and my normal breakfasts. Not sure about lunches, I want to try and keep them to a minimum,

There will be drink around as of course there is a bar but I shall stick to diet drinks & coffee even if I have to take my own.

I won`t be getting weighed this week, there is a class Thurs & Sat but I will be gone before thr Thursday one opens.

Wed get car MOT`d then get packed before going to bed so nothing to do Thursday except drive.

There should be wi-fi around so hope to keep in touch.

I understand Blue Cow is going to set another challenge for next 3 months.

Lovely to hear you're having a break with the family Doreen - enjoy! How organised u are preparing ur food right down to the coffee! That will be lovely and I'm glad u'll still be in touch. Not going to WI this week - will give u a chance to pull back from any extra syns you've had this week. I'll sign up again for the quarterly challenge - I like being accountable and seeing how others diet! Hope the MOT goes well! xx

Last edited:
Hope you've all had a good day - I know Doreen will have enjoyed herself with the children, hope Kathy's enjoying her break and Linda is enjoying John Bishop.

Well I 've had a busy day with SW class, weekly food shop then went looking for clothes but not very successfully - ended up with only a couple of cushions!

Here's how my Tuesday treat WI day went - think this the first time I've posted on WI day - but will be doing so from now on. I've been looking what other ppl here do with their syns when they have less than a stone from target. Lots seem to go below 10 and can see I need to do that so will try to have 63 this week :0. As u'll see I had 28 today so that means 6 syns for 5 days and 5 for the other hmmmm.... we'll see how I get on!

Red Day

b: hi fi bar at class - heb
l: 2 white thins - but going to tweak them as a heb plus 2.5 syns, 30g cheese - hea and onion in one, bacon and ketchup 1 syn in the other. A SW brownie - 3 syns, raspberries, flaked almonds - 1.5 syns, ff yog/quark.
d: gammon steak, SW sausage 1 syn, oven chips - 6 syns, mushrooms, baked beans.

Total syns: 28

Drinks: fruit tea, 1 coffee, ss milk - part hea, diet drinks, water

Hi Linda. Just to let you know, I'm not on my Easter break until next week. We seem really late this year. I'm presuming Welsh schools have already broken up then.

Hope you've had a good day. :) xx

April Fools Day

Hi Ladies - hope everyone's had a good day - I've been ice skating with hubby, Poppy and her friend - correction, I wobbled around whilst the others skated! Did better with my food - took a late SW b'fast to the ice rink and kept things neccesarily low after yest!

Green Day

b: 38g thin (a white one ;)) heb, laughing cow light triangle part hea 1, raw mange tout, apple
l: speed soup. FF yog/quark and raspberries*
d: Kathy's Chorizo, Cheddar Hash from freezer 1 syn plus 2nd hea - carrot sticks,red pepper strips, baby sweetcorn. Rasps, SW brownie 2 syns, half a meringue 1.25 syns & ff yog/quark * yay no cooking!

Very few syns for the rest of the week if I stick to my plan! I will research no syn goodies and plan, plan, plan the rest of the week.

snacks: pear, apple

* small portions

Drinks: diet drink, water, 2 coffees part hea 1,fruit tea

Syns: 4.25

Syns for the week: 50.25/63

oh no! 5 days to go - only 12.75 syns left!

Last edited:
Hi Linda. Just to let you know, I'm not on my Easter break until next week. We seem really late this year. I'm presuming Welsh schools have already broken up then.

Hope you've had a good day. :) xx

Oh yes Kathy - just presumed you'd have broken up as it's Good Friday this week cos Poppy's school has! Not sure if all schools here have. Well you've got the hols to look forward to now! Do u have any plans? Apologies if you've told us b4 - my memory is poor! xx

Trying to be brief, so I'm not quoting everyone but have read through. Well done Linda on food, but good luck on keeping to such low syns for the rest of your week. You're brave going ice-skating :) I used to do ice-dance and was pretty good, though I'm blowing my own trumpet here... I could do a few fairly basic jumps and was pretty speedy.... probably all that jolting hasn't helped my joints in later years but I loved it then.
Doreen, you're a superstar with trips to the zoo and all that you're doing with the children. I'm sure they're having a wonderful time but you must be so tired again. Hope your packing is now done and you're having an early night before going off again tomorrow to Haverhill. Have a great holiday with them too, you're so organised with your food to take! :)

Chocko, I seem to have missed what day your birthday is, or was... has it already been? Mine is tomorrow, it would be funny if yours is on the same day. Happy Birthday for whenever and hope you have/had a lovely day.

Report of my day is on my diary, so I won't repeat it here. I will be weighing in the morning... and hopefully reporting a small loss, if I'm lucky :) xx

Trying to be brief, so I'm not quoting everyone but have read through. Well done Linda on food, but good luck on keeping to such low syns for the rest of your week. You're brave going ice-skating :) I used to do ice-dance and was pretty good, though I'm blowing my own trumpet here... I could do a few fairly basic jumps and was pretty speedy.... probably all that jolting hasn't helped my joints in later years but I loved it then.
Doreen, you're a superstar with trips to the zoo and all that you're doing with the children. I'm sure they're having a wonderful time but you must be so tired again. Hope your packing is now done and you're having an early night before going off again tomorrow to Haverhill. Have a great holiday with them too, you're so organised with your food to take! :)

Chocko, I seem to have missed what day your birthday is, or was... has it already been? Mine is tomorrow, it would be funny if yours is on the same day. Happy Birthday for whenever and hope you have/had a lovely day.

Report of my day is on my diary, so I won't repeat it here. I will be weighing in the morning... and hopefully reporting a small loss, if I'm lucky :) xx

Well u put me well into the shade with ur ice dancing!! Make the most of ur b'day xx

Well u put me well into the shade with ur ice dancing!! Make the most of ur b'day xx

Not these days Twinny.... I'd be scared to venture onto the ice as I'd end up stretchered off I bet! Unless I wore a Mr Blobby outfit to do it roflmho :D

Not these days Twinny.... I'd be scared to venture onto the ice as I'd end up stretchered off I bet! Unless I wore a Mr Blobby outfit to do it roflmho :D

Happy birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear Linda! Happy Birthday to YOOOOOUUUUUU! Have a good one! xxxxxxx

Back