NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Happy birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear Linda! Happy Birthday to YOOOOOUUUUUU! Have a good one! xxxxxxx

Hehe thanks. Having a lovely day so far. Laura and Jamie came for brunch (pic on diary) and have now set off for Wales. He was very excited
Having a cuppa now and some fruit, to keep me going until we go out for a meal later. X

Hehe thanks. Having a lovely day so far. Laura and Jamie came for brunch (pic on diary) and have now set off for Wales. He was very excited 
Having a cuppa now and some fruit, to keep me going until we go out for a meal later. X

Glad Jamie was excited - expect he'll have lots of fun and the Easter Bunny will know where to deliver his eggs ;) xx

Hope you've all had a lovely day. I have :)
Speak tomorrow xxx

Glad u've had the day u deserve b'day girl xx

Thursday 2 April

Hello everyone - hope everyone's enjoyed their day - we know Linda C has - hope Doreen and Kathy have too - I went out for an on plan lunch with a few friends then shopping for some jeans but seems I'm in between sizes so didn't buy any :(

Doreen I bought some shapewear though - to hold in the saggy skin on thighs and suck in my hips - sorry if that's too much info - I think I look a bit better wearing them - only when I'm dressed of course! Missing u Doreen - we know that ur travelling and on hols and may not have an internet connection - hope your having fun! Here's my food for the day:

b: boiled egg, nectarine
l: chicken marinated in chilli, salad, couscous, meringue - 2.5 syns and rasps (passed on the cream!) Guesstimated the syns and u never know if there's 'hidden' butter etc!
d: speed soup, grapes

Syns for the week: 52.75/63 - how will I cope with so few syns over the Bank Hol??

Oh no! I've probably missed Linda C, with coming on here so late! :( If you are still around, Linda - Happy Birthday!! Hope you've had a fab day and been spoilt rotten! :) You asked when my birthday is. It's on the 9th but I'm out with friends tomorrow for lunch (already scrutinised the menu and will probably have grilled fish).

Linda UnD, in answer to what I'm up to over the Easter school holiday - I haven't much planned for the fortnight (which I'm quite glad about so I can get some jobs done at home but relax a bit too) but on the 10th, Pete is taking me to a luxury B+B in Shropshire for two nights. We've stayed once before and it's absolutely gorgeous. It's actually part of my Christmas present but he arranged it for April in the hope the weather may be a little brighter.

Can't believe you've been ice skating, Linda! You're much braver than I! :D And Linda C - ice dance and jumps?!!!! Wow!

Hoping Doreen is having a fab time but it does seem strange not hearing from her. xx

Oh no! I've probably missed Linda C, with coming on here so late! :( If you are still around, Linda - Happy Birthday!! Hope you've had a fab day and been spoilt rotten! :) You asked when my birthday is. It's on the 9th but I'm out with friends tomorrow for lunch (already scrutinised the menu and will probably have grilled fish).

Linda UnD, in answer to what I'm up to over the Easter school holiday - I haven't much planned for the fortnight (which I'm quite glad about so I can get some jobs done at home but relax a bit too) but on the 10th, Pete is taking me to a luxury B+B in Shropshire for two nights. We've stayed once before and it's absolutely gorgeous. It's actually part of my Christmas present but he arranged it for April in the hope the weather may be a little brighter.

Can't believe you've been ice skating, Linda! You're much braver than I! :D And Linda C - ice dance and jumps?!!!! Wow!

Hoping Doreen is having a fab time but it does seem strange not hearing from her. xx

Lovely Xmas pressie - I'm sure you'll both enjoy the luxury break - my skating was more wobbling I'm afraid and didn't venture from the side either - far from Linda C's level! xx

Last edited:
Good Friday - 3 April

Morning ladies - is this the right time to say Happy Easter? Well lovely to have a Bank hol but weather is pants here - misty, wet, cool - hope it's better with u all - the forecast for this area seems promising for the next few days tho - so a chilling day today apart from exercise!

Food plan for the day:

b: boiled egg and a nectarine
l: SW soup and an orange
d: sausage casserole - 2 SW sausages - 2 syns, celery, leeks, onions, carrots may have a baked potato & more veg if I'm hungry! But after Tuesday's stupidity I need to be very careful to avoid a gain :( - ff yog/quark with defrosted mixed berries xx

Last edited:
Good Friday - 3 April

Morning ladies - is this the right time to say Happy Easter? Well lovely to have a Bank hol but weather is pants here - misty, wet, cool - hope it's better with u all - the forecast for this area seems promising for the next few days tho - so a chilling day today apart from exercise!

Food plan for the day:

d: sausage casserole - 2 SW sausages - 2 syns, celery, leeks, onions, carrots may have a baked potato & more veg if I'm hungry! But after Tuesday's stupidity I need to be very careful to avoid a gain :( - ff yog/quark with defrosted mixed berries xx

That would be very low food if that's what you have Linda, should definitely help minimise chance of a gain.
Happy a Easter to you too and everyone xx

Good Friday - 3 April

Food plan for the day:

Hubby suggested we had food from the freezer rather than cooking - so eve meal changed:

d: Kathy's chorizo & cheddar hash 1 syn and hea, salad plus the planned berries and ff yog/quark. We'll have saus casserole 2moro.

That would be very low food if that's what you have Linda, should definitely help minimise chance of a gain.
Happy a Easter to you too and everyone xx

As you'll see above - food changed by request! xx

Happy Easter to you all.

I've been treated to lunch today at a gorgeous restaurant I've been meaning to go to for years. It was a meal out for two of the Teaching Assistants, who will be 60 during the hols and an early birthday treat for me. It was all arranged for us by another of the Teaching Assistants and she had thought of everything! When we arrived, we were shown to a table which was decorated with Happy Birthday confetti and three of the places had helium balloons attached to them (I was careful not to sit in one of the places sporting a Happy 60th balloon!! I'm sure that'll come round quickly enough!). After the meal, the waitress appeared with a glass platter holding three perfectly decorated muffins, all with a candle on top!

Food wise, I had checked out the menu already and decided on the fish but it was only a sample menu on-line and there was nothing particularly SW friendly available today. :( Oh well, it was all very delicious and beautifully presented. Such a lovely friend. It's her 50th next year so we said we'll definitely have to get our heads together and make her special day amazing!

Dreadful weather here today but supposed to be better tomorrow so, fingers crossed. Hope you all have a lovely weekend. xx

Happy Easter to you all.

I've been treated to lunch today at a gorgeous restaurant I've been meaning to go to for years. It was a meal out for two of the Teaching Assistants, who will be 60 during the hols and an early birthday treat for me. It was all arranged for us by another of the Teaching Assistants and she had thought of everything! When we arrived, we were shown to a table which was decorated with Happy Birthday confetti and three of the places had helium balloons attached to them (I was careful not to sit in one of the places sporting a Happy 60th balloon!! I'm sure that'll come round quickly enough!). After the meal, the waitress appeared with a glass platter holding three perfectly decorated muffins, all with a candle on top!

Food wise, I had checked out the menu already and decided on the fish but it was only a sample menu on-line and there was nothing particularly SW friendly available today. :( Oh well, it was all very delicious and beautifully presented. Such a lovely friend. It's her 50th next year so we said we'll definitely have to get our heads together and make her special day amazing!

Dreadful weather here today but supposed to be better tomorrow so, fingers crossed. Hope you all have a lovely weekend. xx

What a lovely treat! Ur intentions were good to check out the menu b4hand - not ur fault that there was no SW food today - u do know that if ur forced to eat non SW food in that kind of situation - it becomes free food - an official SW rule!! ;)

Glad u had such a great time! xx

Happy Easter to you all.

What a lovely friend and it all sounds like an amazing day. I agree with Linda, syns on your birthday are to be ignored (I did!) and you couldn't possibly have refused to join in when they'd gone to all that trouble ;)
Weather here has been pretty dire too, typically for a Bank Holiday weekend... but hopefully might improve next few days xx

Thanks for your lovely Rep comment, Linda! So glad you let me know who the 'giver' was too! Hate it when I can't say thank-you properly to the anonymous people. :) Yes, it was a lovely day, thanks. Glad you're condoning the extra Syns for birthdays too. Must obviously mean they don't count then!! :D Enjoy your weekend, Linda. xx

Well deserved Kathy! Not a week goes by that we don't have at least one of your recipes and if it wasn't for them, I suspect I might have struggled a lot more, because the family are happy to eat them too. If they weren't, it would be such a pain cooking different meals. Of course, they are healthy for them too, so win win. Thanks again and please keep them coming :) xx

Aw, you're so welcome, Linda. Always a bit 'scary' posting recipes for others to try, with tastes being so different but when such lovely comments appear, it makes the risk worthwhile! :) Glad they come in useful. xx

Back