NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Have a lovely time, Linda. I love Aberdyfi! We went there several years ago, when staying in Mid-Wales and it's gorgeous, isn't it? Hope it stays nice and sunny for you. Enjoy! :)

So glad your husband and the tractor driver were unhurt! Shame about the car but, as you say, at least no-one was hurt. Such a nuisance though! xx

Have a lovely time, Linda. I love Aberdyfi! We went there several years ago, when staying in Mid-Wales and it's gorgeous, isn't it? Hope it stays nice and sunny for you. Enjoy! :)

So glad your husband and the tractor driver were unhurt! Shame about the car but, as you say, at least no-one was hurt. Such a nuisance though! xx

Thank you Kathy - yes we like Aberdyfi - it'll be lovely if the weather is good but we'll just chill and visit indoorsy things. Yes the accident is going to a nuisance but thank goodness - not even an elastoplast was opened for the humans! Enjoy Shropshire - it sounds lovely! xx

Thought I'd posted my food earlier??? But here it is now:

B: boiled egg and some fruit (can't remember what tho!)
L: soup and pineapple
D: small portion of corned beef hash and beans 2 syns? pineapple (not much fruit in!)

It is good to be back. I got to weigh myself this morning and have put on 2.1/2. Am feeling bloated so maybe that is some of it. I did eat a lot of bad things while away. Took a lot of my own food but we had a 70th birthday party for my Brother in law. Disaster! Enjoyed all the food I ate and have to be prepared for anything that happens on the scales. Just sorry I could not weigh last week. I hate missing a week.

B/H food was good especially as I took the children to KFC and of course there was popcorn in the cinema. I was determined to get back to some sort of plan as quickly as possible. More difficult when relying on somebody elses cupboards.

So glad to hear hubby is not hurt Linda and the driver of courser. Not nice phone call to get. Those tractors have to go on the road but I always find them a bit scary as I do the combine harvesters.----of course not the one we can eat in. :)

Enjoy your time away Linda & Kathy.

Today I am going to have some sort of chicken & chorizo today. - will look at your recipes Kathy. Something easy as I am pretty tired after 6 days out of my own home.

Here is my food for yesterday

Tuesday 7th April

hexa milk hexb bread

B: Tin spaghetti 3 toast (2.5) 2 eggs 1 sausage (1)

D: 4 sausages (4) boiled spuds, processed peas
Satsumas 2 spples
Pink & white (2.5)

10 syns

Last edited:
Oh well, I suppose two and a half pounds isn't too awful, Doreen and, as you say, you enjoyed what you ate. The good thing is, you're in the right mind-set to get it off again so, not too bad. I know what you mean though. I'm completely on-plan at the moment and enjoying being so but, last week I had the meal out with my work friends and this weekend, of course, is the Shropshire B+B so definitely won't be sticking to SW (can't even kid myself that I will), then, last night, Pete said he's treating Amy (daughter) and I to an afternoon tea, tomorrow (on my birthday) at the four star hotel we go to for Christmas!! Amy turned up, on the doorstep, on Monday evening, without having said a word! It was such a lovely surprise but I just knew highly Synned food would be involved somewhere!! :D

My main problem is, once I've gone off it big time, which I will be doing, I really struggle to get back on it again. Stupid, I know! I'll have to be mega-disciplined on Monday and make sure I'm sensible. I love eating out but it really does disrupt things. The other week, when I went out again with school friends, for a meal, even when I only ate Free Food from the menu, I still put on 1lb so, what hope is there after the next few days?!!!! :)

Anyway, I'm really glad you had a good time with your family, Doreen and that you got back safely. Hopefully, you can relax for the next few days now. :) Hope you manage to find an easy chicken and chorizo recipe. Think they're all pretty straight-forward, actually. I've got some chorizo in the fridge so, maybe if I plan a meal on Monday, involving chorizo, there's more chance of me behaving myself and getting back on plan! Love chorizo. :) xx

That would be a good idea to have a plan ready for Monday. It is hard to get back on it.

Such a lovely surprise for you Amy turning up.

Enjoy what you have Kathy and get back to in Monday.

I have got more than a week off from family, DIL booked tomorrow off as I was so tired after weekend and I have hospital next week so no kids then. What a lovely break coming along. Hopefully - no definately all on plan.

Enjoy your rest then, Doreen. Lovely that you see so much of your family but very tiring, I guess.

Just realised, after saying I must get back on it on Monday, I've another tea-room to visit yet, with the Deputy from school!! I'll try to pin her down to Monday, then I'll definitely be back to it on Tuesday! I am looking forward to all the things but feel really disappointed, at the same time, as I've worked so hard lately and am really into the swing of things. Oh, well. I suppose I'd moan if nobody bothered with me! :)

It is lovely to have Amy back for a few days. I miss her when she's up in Aberdeen. Just hope she gets a good, satisfying job, once she graduates!

Hope you've had a good day and feel a bit more rested. xx

Food for today
Wednesday 8th April

B: coffee

L: 2 toast with banana & cinnamon, 2 apples with 0% yogurt. coffee

D: Chorizo Bake a la Kathy. 25g chorizo (2.1/2) red pepper, leek, mushrooms, corgette 3 chicken drumsticks, oxo stock & rice.
0% yogurt, banana, sliced apple cinnamon.

2.1/2 syns

Had 3 hrs sleep today and nearly ready for bed again.

Catch up tomorrow

Quick visit as hurrying (being nagged by hubby to go watch a film) but I reckon you'll have that little gain off very quickly Doreen and sounds like you've got a plan in mind.
Glad you're feeling better Linda, not good re the car but very glad no one injured, cars can be fixed or replaced, people can't!
Right catch up tomorrow :) xx

Quick visit as hurrying (being nagged by hubby to go watch a film) but I reckon you'll have that little gain off very quickly Doreen and sounds like you've got a plan in mind.
Glad you're feeling better Linda, not good re the car but very glad no one injured, cars can be fixed or replaced, people can't!
Right catch up tomorrow :) xx

Hope u enjoyed the film - nice of u to pop in when ur busy - if u cd have stayed longer I'd have put the kettle on for us all! lol xx

Last edited:
Food for today
Wednesday 8th April

B: coffee

L: 2 toast with banana & cinnamon, 2 apples with 0% yogurt. coffee

D: Chorizo Bake a la Kathy. 25g chorizo (2.1/2) red pepper, leek, mushrooms, corgette 3 chicken drumsticks, oxo stock & rice.
0% yogurt, banana, sliced apple cinnamon.

2.1/2 syns

Had 3 hrs sleep today and nearly ready for bed again.

Catch up tomorrow

A gold star day Doreen - well done! no wonder ur ready for some more sleep with all ur travels and busy-ness! Hope u wake up refreshed xx

Enjoy your rest then, Doreen. Lovely that you see so much of your family but very tiring, I guess.

Just realised, after saying I must get back on it on Monday, I've another tea-room to visit yet, with the Deputy from school!! I'll try to pin her down to Monday, then I'll definitely be back to it on Tuesday! I am looking forward to all the things but feel really disappointed, at the same time, as I've worked so hard lately and am really into the swing of things. Oh, well. I suppose I'd moan if nobody bothered with me! :)

It is lovely to have Amy back for a few days. I miss her when she's up in Aberdeen. Just hope she gets a good, satisfying job, once she graduates!

Hope you've had a good day and feel a bit more rested. xx

Know what u mean about life 'preventing' us being able to stick to SW! But life's for living isn't it? That's my excuse anyway - but doesn't make getting weighed a nice experience! xx

Hoping ur all well and enjoying this lovely weather!

Well typing this in hotel bed - lovely to be here but sooooo much food to tempt even a saintly slimmer (and as u know I'm not one of those!). I'll let u judge my food today but I will say it cd have been a whole lot worse - there's a fab snack menu here - available 24 hours a day and the dinner menu has 5 courses!! And the eve meal & b'fast is inc in the price we've paid - so when we've been b4 - greedy me has made sure I had my money's worth but tonight I was better (I think!)

b: none cos I knew there'd be temptation later!
l: on the way here - bacon and cheese toastie and salad - pinched a few of hubby's chips - no dressing on salad!
d: cold cuts (of meat!!) salad - no dressing, chose that cos it was the lowest thing on menu and I wanted a dessert! Gooseberry and Almond frangipane (spelling?) with chantilly cream - posh words for an almond tart which contained gooseberries and chantilly cream which is apparently whipped cream with vanilla essence but very nice. I think cos there are so many courses the portions are quite good for dieters - not tiny but not huge like u get sometimes! Filled me up anyway!

No idea how many syns but calorie wise I don't think it wd be horrendous or am I just kidding myself?!

Drinks: fruit tea, diet drinks, water ooh just remembered a Galaxy hot choc drink it was too tempting to resist in the room!

Last edited:
So glad you're feeling a bit better, Linda! :) Hope you soon get your appetite back and, also, hope your WI goes well. xx

Thx - as u may have read - didn't get to WI - cos of hubby's accident - so will have to face the music after this break - bound to have a gain - hope I can keep it to a small one! xx

It is good to be back. I got to weigh myself this morning and have put on 2.1/2. Am feeling bloated so maybe that is some of it. I did eat a lot of bad things while away. Took a lot of my own food but we had a 70th birthday party for my Brother in law. Disaster! Enjoyed all the food I ate and have to be prepared for anything that happens on the scales. Just sorry I could not weigh last week. I hate missing a week.

B/H food was good especially as I took the children to KFC and of course there was popcorn in the cinema. I was determined to get back to some sort of plan as quickly as possible. More difficult when relying on somebody elses cupboards.

So glad to hear hubby is not hurt Linda and the driver of courser. Not nice phone call to get. Those tractors have to go on the road but I always find them a bit scary as I do the combine harvesters.----of course not the one we can eat in. :)

Enjoy your time away Linda & Kathy.

Today I am going to have some sort of chicken & chorizo today. - will look at your recipes Kathy. Something easy as I am pretty tired after 6 days out of my own home.

Here is my food for yesterday

Tuesday 7th April

hexa milk hexb bread

B: Tin spaghetti 3 toast (2.5) 2 eggs 1 sausage (1)

D: 4 sausages (4) boiled spuds, processed peas
Satsumas 2 spples
Pink & white (2.5)

10 syns

Good to have u back too! That's not a big gain Doreen - shows u were restrained! Bet u'll get that off v quickly! We need to enjoy ourselves sometimes u know! Yes so grateful no-one was hurt in accident - when I saw my hubby's car I was upset cos the damage was so close to the driver's seat - a tool on the tractor cut into the driver's door and broke the window - uuugh! Thx for ur good wishes and ur little joke - they always make me smile! Hope u enjoyed ur chorizo meal - as u know - I love them! Clever Kathy! xx

Oh well, I suppose two and a half pounds isn't too awful, Doreen and, as you say, you enjoyed what you ate. The good thing is, you're in the right mind-set to get it off again so, not too bad. I know what you mean though. I'm completely on-plan at the moment and enjoying being so but, last week I had the meal out with my work friends and this weekend, of course, is the Shropshire B+B so definitely won't be sticking to SW (can't even kid myself that I will), then, last night, Pete said he's treating Amy (daughter) and I to an afternoon tea, tomorrow (on my birthday) at the four star hotel we go to for Christmas!! Amy turned up, on the doorstep, on Monday evening, without having said a word! It was such a lovely surprise but I just knew highly Synned food would be involved somewhere!! :D

My main problem is, once I've gone off it big time, which I will be doing, I really struggle to get back on it again. Stupid, I know! I'll have to be mega-disciplined on Monday and make sure I'm sensible. I love eating out but it really does disrupt things. The other week, when I went out again with school friends, for a meal, even when I only ate Free Food from the menu, I still put on 1lb so, what hope is there after the next few days?!!!! :)

Anyway, I'm really glad you had a good time with your family, Doreen and that you got back safely. Hopefully, you can relax for the next few days now. :) Hope you manage to find an easy chicken and chorizo recipe. Think they're all pretty straight-forward, actually. I've got some chorizo in the fridge so, maybe if I plan a meal on Monday, involving chorizo, there's more chance of me behaving myself and getting back on plan! Love chorizo. :) xx

I'm late wishing u Happy Birthday Kathy I'm sorry - so I'll say it twice - this time in Welsh - Penblwydd Hapus! What a lovely surprise to have Amy home - and a tea treat too! Hope u enjoy it all and can get back on plan on Monday or as soon as ur busy social life allows! You shd lose any 'new' poundage v quickly if it's not allowed to settle for long! xx

Last edited:
Woke up thinking about Chocko's birthday! Happy Birthday Kathy! Hope I remembered on the right day (well, I can't really claim to have remembered, I woke up literally thinking it!)
Have a brilliant day and enjoy the naughty food without guilt, life occasions are for enjoying! ;)

Sorry it wasn't time for a cuppa Linda, lol, would you believe he then had the audacity to nod off during the film! Tch, can't really moan, he'd been up since 5.30.
I've just made coffee but it's a bit early, so I'll just leave some here and if you happen to wake you can help yourselves ;)

Your hotel break sounds wonderful, particularly the food and I KNOW I would also have indulged in dessert :) I think you chose superbly considering all that was on offer and included. Xx

Thx - as u may have read - didn't get to WI - cos of hubby's accident - so will have to face the music after this break - bound to have a gain - hope I can keep it to a small one! xx

Good to have u back too! That's not a big gain Doreen - shows u were restrained! Bet u'll get that off v quickly! We need to enjoy ourselves sometimes u know! Yes so grateful no-one was hurt in accident - when I saw my hubby's car I was upset cos the damage was so close to the driver's seat - a tool on the tractor cut into the driver's door and broke the window - uuugh! Thx for ur good wishes and ur little joke - they always make me smile! Hope u enjoyed ur chorizo meal - as u know - I love them! Clever Kathy! xx

I'm late wishing u Happy Birthday Kathy I'm sorry - so I'll say it twice - this time in Welsh - Penblwydd Hapus! What a lovely surprise to have Amy home - and a tea treat too! Hope u enjoy it all and can get back on plan on Monday or as soon as ur busy social life allows! You shd lose any 'new' poundage v quickly if it's not allowed to settle for long! xx

Thank=you so much for the lovely birthday wishes, Linda. :) Especially lovely to have the Welsh version. My roots were in Wales (originally) - maiden name, Lloyd. must be why I love it so much!

Weighed this morning, before all the naughty food of the next few days. 2lbs off, which I was thrilled about. Just have to make sure I get back on it asap!

Enjoy your hotel break, Linda. your food sounded pretty saintly!! :) xx

Woke up thinking about Chocko's birthday! Happy Birthday Kathy! Hope I remembered on the right day (well, I can't really claim to have remembered, I woke up literally thinking it!)
Have a brilliant day and enjoy the naughty food without guilt, life occasions are for enjoying! ;)

Sorry it wasn't time for a cuppa Linda, lol, would you believe he then had the audacity to nod off during the film! Tch, can't really moan, he'd been up since 5.30.
I've just made coffee but it's a bit early, so I'll just leave some here and if you happen to wake you can help yourselves ;)

Your hotel break sounds wonderful, particularly the food and I KNOW I would also have indulged in dessert :) I think you chose superbly considering all that was on offer and included. Xx

Thanks very much, Linda! Really nice of you to remember/think about my birthday! :D Yes, I shall enjoy the 'naughty' treats and just deal with it later!

Enjoy your day in the lovely sunshine. :) xx

Pleased with food today. Not feeling best. Checked ear ache with practice nurse. Nothing there. Headaches on and off all day. Had a couple of hrs sleep before lunch. Maybe after my busy days.
Anyway I am sure I will survive.
Weighing tomorrow, am still expecting a gain but am pleased I have been pretty much on plan since Monday.

I am going to turn the computer off and just relax until bedtime.

Speak tomorrow after weigh in and hair cut. Have a peaceful evening everyone. xx

Thursday 9th April

hexa milk: hexb 2 bread
B: 2 bread, 2 bacon, mushrooms, 2 eggs.
L: 2 apples coffee
D: 2 sausages (2syns), 200g boiled spud, 1/2 tin each of
processed peas and green beans.
1 apple, coffee

2 syns total

Last edited:
Back