NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Ooh, hope your headaches pass, Doreen. Thanks for your Linda U message! :D Glad you're having a few quieter days lately. Surprised you don't get more headaches, putting up with the pace of your life sometimes!!

Been out for lunch with the Deputy Head from school today and that now concludes all my eating out for the foreseeable future, thank goodness! Now I can get back to SW with a vengeance. :) Still dreading WI on Sunday though. Will have to be very good up until then. :)

Hope Linda C is ok and that Jamie isn't in too much pain. xx

Well know what you mean about all the treats - lovely to have friends and family celebrating and sharing treats - but think I've put on lots - WI in the morning eeek!! I admire you not weighing until next week - but I've continued to overeat and need to go to my WI to face the music and hopefully that will shock me back onto to plan!! Will let you all know the damage 2moro xx

Ooh, good luck, Linda! We'll have to make sure we both get back on plan now! We can support each other/nag each other.......whatever is called for!! :D

Thanks for saying 'hello' via Doreen. That was really nice! :) I hope you had a lovely time away and were waited on hand and foot at the hotel. :) xx

I got these off a web site call SW recipes for 1. Thought they looked ok and didn`t know what else to do with them. May move them at some point though.

CARROT CAKE MUFFINS

35g oats,
3 heaped tbsp yogurt,
2 eggs,
1/2 grated carrot,
1tsp mixed spice,
1/2tsp cinnamon,
1/2tsp nutmeg

Mix together in a bowl.
Spoon into cake cases and cook at 180°C gas 4 for 20 mins
-------------------------------------------------------

CARROT CAKE PANCAKES

2 eggs beaten,
1 tbs nat yogurt,
1 large carrot peeled and grated. 2 tsp canderel,
1 tsp mixed spice.
1/4 tsp each of cinnamon and ginger.

Heat frying pan and spray with frylight, Mix all ingredients and and spoon the mix into pan in a pancake shape, flip with spatula a couple of minutes into cooking. Sprinkle with cinnamon, syrup or yogurt

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CURRY LOAF

115g basmati rice,
baked beans drained
onion, peppers
3 eggs
curry and chilli powder as wanted.

Cook rice, beat eggs then add all ingredients and mix together. Put in a loaf tin aprayed with frylight and cook for about 1 hour at 180. Gas

The person I got this from didn`t have any Batchelors rice or curry dhal so tried this and said it was nice
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SW CHOCOLATE CAKE 8 syns
2 eggs,
5 tbsp sweetener,
38g flour
12g cocoa powder

Make like you would any cake and serve with bananas and quark with sweetener.

Cook in microwave for 2 mins.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chinese beef curry makes enough for 4 portions,

800g stewing steak
1 large onion (chunks)
200g button mushrooms (in half)
1 large green pepper (chunked)
2 chicken stock cubes
2 pints water
1 tablespoon each of dark and light soy sauce
1 tsp each fresh, garlic and ginger
1 tbsp mild curry powder
1/2 tsp five spice.

fry off the onion, mushrooms and green pepper with the garlic and ginger.
Add all of the ingredients to a slow cooker and cook for at least 6 hours!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------)

SWEET & SOUR
Light fry diced pork in pan till slightly brown then add diced onion, mushrooms, mixed pepper and chopped pineapple tin of tomatoes also some sweet chili sauce I add 2teaspoons of gravy granules add a a half a cup of water ,bring to the boil and simmer till pork is tender

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apparently if you don`t have any quark it can be made without. Tastes like filling for lemon meringue pie.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Loving the look of those, Doreen! :) May have to try them out! Thanks!

Well, I'm back on it now, after all my excursions, which involved a lot of eating naughty things. Surprisingly, I haven't found it difficult to get straight back on it and have found, this time, that I actually wanted to!! :O Saying that, I haven't weighed myself but will do on Sunday. Even though I'm going to be extra good up until WI, I know a gain will still show on Sunday but, by then, I hope it's not so enormous or it might make me feel despondent and put me off. :S

Hope you've had a good day and that it's been lovely and sunny where you are. It's been absolutely gorgeous here! Hung a load of washing out and sat out for a while. Even my rabbits appreciated it. They were running round and round the garden and kept leaping up into the air, until they were so tired out, they eventually flopped onto their sides in the shade of the tree! :)

I hope you have been headache free today, Doreen and have managed to relax a bit. xx

Well, I'm back on it now, after all my excursions, which involved a lot of eating naughty things. Surprisingly, I haven't found it difficult to get straight back on it and have found, this time, that I actually wanted to!! :O Saying that, I haven't weighed myself but will do on Sunday. Even though I'm going to be extra good up until WI, I know a gain will still show on Sunday but, by then, I hope it's not so enormous or it might make me feel despondent and put me off. :S

Hope you've had a good day and that it's been lovely and sunny where you are. It's been absolutely gorgeous here! Hung a load of washing out and sat out for a while. Even my rabbits appreciated it. They were running round and round the garden and kept leaping up into the air, until they were so tired out, they eventually flopped onto their sides in the shade of the tree! :)

I hope you have been headache free today, Doreen and have managed to relax a bit. xx

Hi Kathy, it is so nice to feel that you actually want to get back on plan isn`t it. I have been feeling like that lately albeit not succesful all the time. I am sure you have had a good time. I actually love watching jumping rabbits too.

It has been lovely & sunny here today too. Blood test this morning then shopping. Spent quite a bit but should only have to buy bread and milk now until the end of next week. I guess I was thinking that I may have to look after the children, but my son is taking them to breakfast club at school and DIL gets home in time to pick them up for school. So no babysitting until probably |Whitsun holiday, whenever that is.

My headaches are not so bad now, though am taking a few painkillers during the day. Had a big upset with brother pver easter weekend and that has not helped, it has made me quite tense. Getting there though.
Thanks for caring.

The recipes above are some that I have copied and pasted from a site called Slimming World recipes for 1 --- not that they are for 1 --- but these looked ok.
I am gonna tidy it up a bit, may keep may not, If you want to put any on your thread, please do, or let me know and I will copy and paste them on for you.

Ha ha! Copy and paste, eh?! Ok, stop showing off, Doreen! :D Yes please, if you would, that'd be great, thanks.

It's horrible when there are family fallings out, isn't it? I fell out with my younger brother several years ago now and it was all so unnecessary. It was all through something his ex-wife had stirred up, which in the end, turned out to be a total lie. Anyway, once they'd split up, I phoned him up and, between us, we sussed out that she had been causing trouble between us. Sadly, I had missed out on about three years of being close with him (time you can never get back, of course) and also missed the first three years of my niece's life! We are now closer than ever and I love him so much. So silly how things can go so wrong and you end up missing out on valuable family time. I really hope you can sort things out with your brother, Doreen and, you could be right, the stress probably has contributed to your headaches. :(

I'm glad you're having a bit of a break from looking after your grand-children too, much as you really love them. It is certainly tiring, keeping up with youngsters all the time!

Glad you've had a sunny day too. Makes you feel so much better, doesn't it? Hope tomorrow is lovely for us all too. xx

Ooh, good luck, Linda! We'll have to make sure we both get back on plan now! We can support each other/nag each other.......whatever is called for!! :D

Thanks for saying 'hello' via Doreen. That was really nice! :) I hope you had a lovely time away and were waited on hand and foot at the hotel. :) xx

Thank you Kathy - I'm surprised you all remember me - it's been really hectic since we came back and I can only get on Minis on my laptop - iPad is playing up! Yes I had a lovely time whilst we were away and it sounds as if you did too!! But I paid a heavy price for my naughtiness - I put on 10 lbs - in case anyone reading this thinks their eyes are deceiving them I'll retype - TEN POUNDS ON since I last weighed 2 weeks ago!!! Glad I went to class but somehow I'm feeling it with SW at the moment but I had a better day today..

RED DAY

B: a lemon bun - about a million syns! A very bad start but knew (or hoped) that was my last cheat for a while now - as I ate it b4 class - I felt like I was eating the last meal of a condemned woman on my way to the gallows! But have to say the lady weighing me was very discreet about the massive gain - as was her daughter who is the class consultant - but when others asked how I'd got on - I just told them and most were surprised but very supportive.
L: banana, and a thin HEB with salad, few grapes
D: salmon with chilli, ginger, baked potato HEB, salad. Meringue 2.5, small portion ice cream 4?, strawbs

Drinks: 1 coffee - ss milk, diet drinks, water

I got these off a web site call SW recipes for 1. Thought they looked ok and didn`t know what else to do with them. May move them at some point though.

CARROT CAKE MUFFINS

35g oats, 3 heaped tbsp yogurt, 2 eggs, 0.5 grated carrot, 1tsp mixed spice, 0.5tsp cinnamon, 0.5tsp nutmeg
Mix together in a bowl. Spoon into cake cases and cook at 180°C for 20 mins
-------------------------------------------------------

CARROT CAKE PANCAKES

2 eggs beaten,
1 tbs nat yogurt,
1 large carrot peeled and grated. 2 tsp canderel,
1 tsp mixed spice.
1/4 tsp each of cinnamon and ginger.

Heat frying pan and spray with frylight, Mix all ingredients and and spoon the mix into pan in a pancake shape, flip with spatula a couple of minutes into cooking. Sprinkle with cinnamon, syrup or yogurt

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CURRY LOAF

115g basmati rice,
baked beans drained
onion, peppers
3 eggs
curry and chilli powder as wanted.

Cook rice, beat eggs then add all ingredients and mix together. Put in a loaf tin aprayed with frylight and cook for about 1 hour at 180. Gas

The person I got this from didn`t have any Batchelors rice or curry dhal so tried this and said it was nice
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SW CHOCOLATE CAKE 8 syns
2 eggs,
5 tbsp sweetener,
38g flour
12g cocoa powder

Make like you would any cake and serve with bananas and quark with sweetener.

Cook in microwave for 2 mins.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chinese beef curry makes enough for 4 portions,

800g stewing steak
1 large onion (chunks)
200g button mushrooms (in half)
1 large green pepper (chunked)
2 chicken stock cubes
2 pints water
1 tablespoon each of dark and light soy sauce
1 tsp each fresh, garlic and ginger
1 tbsp mild curry powder
1/2 tsp five spice.

fry off the onion, mushrooms and green pepper with the garlic and ginger.
Add all of the ingredients to a slow cooker and cook for at least 6 hours!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------)

SWEET & SOUR
Light fry diced pork in pan till slightly brown then add diced onion, mushrooms, mixed pepper and chopped pineapple tin of tomatoes also some sweet chili sauce I add 2teaspoons of gravy granules add a a half a cup of water ,bring to the boil and simmer till pork is tender

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apparently if you don`t have any quark it can be made without. Tastes like filling for lemon meringue pie.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Doreen - remember me? I'm Linda but a fatter version since we last met as you'll see from above. Mmmmm really fancy those - and will have a go at making them - but don't trust myself yet - I need to be firmly on plan b4 I do! Hope you will keep them on your thread!! And a good idea to copy them to Kathy's thread too xx

Well Kathy you're doing well and the right thing to get right back on plan - I hope that 'goodness' rubs off on me v soon! And how lovely to have rabbits of your own - they're lovely animals! xx

Hi Kathy, it is so nice to feel that you actually want to get back on plan isn`t it. I have been feeling like that lately albeit not succesful all the time. I am sure you have had a good time. I actually love watching jumping rabbits too.

It has been lovely & sunny here today too. Blood test this morning then shopping. Spent quite a bit but should only have to buy bread and milk now until the end of next week. I guess I was thinking that I may have to look after the children, but my son is taking them to breakfast club at school and DIL gets home in time to pick them up for school. So no babysitting until probably |Whitsun holiday, whenever that is.

My headaches are not so bad now, though am taking a few painkillers during the day. Had a big upset with brother pver easter weekend and that has not helped, it has made me quite tense. Getting there though.
Thanks for caring.

The recipes above are some that I have copied and pasted from a site called Slimming World recipes for 1 --- not that they are for 1 --- but these looked ok.
I am gonna tidy it up a bit, may keep may not, If you want to put any on your thread, please do, or let me know and I will copy and paste them on for you.

Doreen - I'm sorry to hear you're still having the headaches - a nuisance for you. As you say your upset with your brother won't help - I'm sensitive like that - I don't like atmospheres either - hope that settles down soon for you. I have missed coming on here - but between the iPad playing up and the busy-ness since we've got back - I just haven't had a chance, but normal service will be resumed 2moro!! And I hope your headaches will have subsided by then xx

Oh, Linda, you poor thing but much braver than me, by actually going straight back to your SW group. As I said to Doreen, I'm not going anywhere near the scales until Sunday, by which time I will have had five days on plan so, hopefully, my weight gain won't be quite as catastrophic as it would have been, if I'd weighed myself immediately. It always goes on quickly, doesn't it but then takes ages to come off!! Life is so unfair! :D Glad the ladies were discreet for you. :)

Don't worry though, Linda. We're all here so you can have a good old moan, if you feel like it. Although, it's a pain, I'm sure it'll all be off again in a few weeks and, as we all know, it's a life change, not a diet so it can be turned round again. Life just gets in the way sometimes but as long as you had a good time, that's really all that matters. :) We have to have treats sometimes or life would be extremely dull. I'm sure you will have some lovely memories of your time away, too. :)

Glad to have you back again, Linda. It really wasn't the same without you and, I'm sure, your 'twin' missed you very much! :D xx

Hi ladies ive got loads to catch up on, ive missed bdays and life challenges it seems. Im glad u all have eachother to keep you strong.
Anyway the fighting bubble is back and hope to join in with all ur motivational tips. Love the recipes btw. Keep smiling you guys are a great team. X

Hi ladies ive got loads to catch up on, ive missed bdays and life challenges it seems. Im glad u all have eachother to keep you strong.
Anyway the fighting bubble is back and hope to join in with all ur motivational tips. Love the recipes btw. Keep smiling you guys are a great team. X

Lovely to hear from you - hope you enjoyed having your Mum over and the Easter hols went well for you all. Will pop over to see you in a minute xx

Oh, Linda, you poor thing but much braver than me, by actually going straight back to your SW group. As I said to Doreen, I'm not going anywhere near the scales until Sunday, by which time I will have had five days on plan so, hopefully, my weight gain won't be quite as catastrophic as it would have been, if I'd weighed myself immediately. It always goes on quickly, doesn't it but then takes ages to come off!! Life is so unfair! :D Glad the ladies were discreet for you. :)

Don't worry though, Linda. We're all here so you can have a good old moan, if you feel like it. Although, it's a pain, I'm sure it'll all be off again in a few weeks and, as we all know, it's a life change, not a diet so it can be turned round again. Life just gets in the way sometimes but as long as you had a good time, that's really all that matters. :) We have to have treats sometimes or life would be extremely dull. I'm sure you will have some lovely memories of your time away, too. :)

Glad to have you back again, Linda. It really wasn't the same without you and, I'm sure, your 'twin' missed you very much! :D xx

Aaah - thank you Kathy - that's a lovely post and I very much appreciate your support (and everyone's here of course!) Somehow I can't believe how much I've put on - but it must be right and I did enjoy myself but will knuckle down now (fingers crossed!) xx

Will catch up tomorrow as going to bed too. Hospital tomorrow for my eyes.

Must say though, well done on getting weighed. At least you know where you are. xx

Hi Bubble! Glad to see you back again and glad to see you're in fighting form as well! :D Hope you are ok and things are going well for you. :)

Kathy xx

I know you've gone to bed, Doreen but I hope all goes well at the hospital tomorrow. Will be thinking of you. :) xx

Thanks Kathy. No treatment on eyes today. Have to go back beginning of July.
Doc wants a field of vision test as cateract a little worse. He wants to see if it is blocking any of my vision.

Thanks Kathy. No treatment on eyes today. Have to go back beginning of July.
Doc wants a field of vision test as cateract a little worse. He wants to see if it is blocking any of my vision.

Hope your headaches have gone and you're having a better day today Doreen xx

Morning Linda x
Boo to the gain ..but you did enjoy yourself and you have to live 
See you soon in Brum 

Thanks - yes I'll be the one bursting out of my clothes! xx

Will catch up tomorrow as going to bed too. Hospital tomorrow for my eyes.

Must say though, well done on getting weighed. At least you know where you are. xx

Hope your appointment went well - yes I know where I am - much heavier than I want to be lol! xx

Back