NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Thank you Kathy - I'm surprised you all remember me - it's been really hectic since we came back and I can only get on Minis on my laptop - iPad is playing up! Yes I had a lovely time whilst we were away and it sounds as if you did too!! But I paid a heavy price for my naughtiness - I put on 10 lbs - in case anyone reading this thinks their eyes are deceiving them I'll retype - TEN POUNDS ON since I last weighed 2 weeks ago!!! Glad I went to class but somehow I'm feeling it with SW at the moment but I had a better day today..

RED DAY

B: a lemon bun - about a million syns! A very bad start but knew (or hoped) that was my last cheat for a while now - as I ate it b4 class - I felt like I was eating the last meal of a condemned woman on my way to the gallows! But have to say the lady weighing me was very discreet about the massive gain - as was her daughter who is the class consultant - but when others asked how I'd got on - I just told them and most were surprised but very supportive.
L: banana, and a thin HEB with salad, few grapes
D: salmon with chilli, ginger, baked potato HEB, salad. Meringue 2.5, small portion ice cream 4?, strawbs

Drinks: 1 coffee - ss milk, diet drinks, water

Hello Doreen - remember me? I'm Linda but a fatter version since we last met as you'll see from above. Mmmmm really fancy those - and will have a go at making them - but don't trust myself yet - I need to be firmly on plan b4 I do! Hope you will keep them on your thread!! And a good idea to copy them to Kathy's thread too xx

Well Kathy you're doing well and the right thing to get right back on plan - I hope that 'goodness' rubs off on me v soon! And how lovely to have rabbits of your own - they're lovely animals! xx

Doreen - I'm sorry to hear you're still having the headaches - a nuisance for you. As you say your upset with your brother won't help - I'm sensitive like that - I don't like atmospheres either - hope that settles down soon for you. I have missed coming on here - but between the iPad playing up and the busy-ness since we've got back - I just haven't had a chance, but normal service will be resumed 2moro!! And I hope your headaches will have subsided by then xx

I must congratulate you Linda on going to class and getting weighed. Hope it was not too much of a shock. It is good the other members supported you, it is part of what going to SW is all about. I reckon it somehow means more when somebody is weighing you and you can talk about it afterwards.

Of course we remember you. You have been really missed. Glad you had a good time away.
Also I will leave those recipes on my thread.

Headaches not too bad. They come and go. I went to the hospital today but they only dilated my eyes and looked so no treatment today. Have to go back in July. Other than that I have not been out at all today. In fact had a sleep for a couple of hours then put my bedclothes on and had lunch :cool:
Don`t feel like going out but will have to tomorrow as I have to go to the bank so may stop off for coffee somewhere. Can`t keep hiding. No children to look after either at the moment. Maybe next weekend.

Anyway have a good day today, especially foodage. Mine is good again today. I need a loss on Friday to put my spirits back up again.

What a sorry for me post. Sorry girls.

Again well done for weighing and keep that food good. :)

:grouphugg:

Food for today

Wednesday 15th April

hexa milk. hexb 2 bread,

B: 2 eggs, lots of mushroom 2 bread h/e 1 bread h/e

L; BNS,red pepper,onion soup frozen cherries & Yogurt

D: Home made beef burger boiled spud 150g, broccoli, cauli, Processed peas onions.10g bisto powder for gravy (1)
2 apples and a banana. (could having another couple of apples much later.)

Syns 1 39/90

Decided not to have potatoes and had a pear and a plum after dinner.

Last edited:
Hope everyone's ok? Know Linda C is going to see her parents after her Dad's angina attack - hope he's as well as he said he was on the phone, also that Millie is having a better day and that Kathy and Doreen and well and on plan.N

Not sure if I've told you that Poppy's ill - headaches and tummy pains - and has kindly passed it on to me - no excuse for me not getting back onto plan! Here's what I've had so far -as you'll see it's not ideal! But hanging on by my finger nails!!:

brunch: bacon, egg, ketchup 1 syn, bread thin (a white one but counting it as HEB!)
snacks: 2 meringues 5 syns, choc 4 syns
plan for tea: baked potato, hea of cheese, salad and a huge fruit salad with ff yog - then might go to bed to get away from food AAAHHH!

I'm NOT going to have any more syns and have no HEA or HEB left - so will do what I can with free food if I'm chomping the bit for food! Might even have to go to bed to get away from food AAAHHH! xx

Last edited:
Food for today

Wednesday 15th April

hexa milk. hexb 2 bread,

B: 2 eggs, lots of mushroom 2 bread h/e 1 bread h/e

L; BNS,red pepper,onion soup frozen cherries & Yogurt

D: Home made beef burger boiled spud 150g, broccoli, cauli, Processed peas onions.10g bisto powder for gravy (1)
2 apples and a banana. (could having another couple of apples much later.)

Syns 1 39/90

Another great day Doreen - you should get a good loss this week!xx

Hi ladies
Food looking nice nanny. I dont know why i never do that with burgers. It makes it much more interesting and less dry. Might plan it into next weeks dinners.
Day 2 going well so far although im very tempted to have a choc... must measure and syn.
Hope ur all having a good day. Its a beautiful afternoon. Enjoy. X

Gonna weigh myself when I get up in the morning and see what is happening.
Must do my dinner now.

Gonna weigh myself when I get up in the morning and see what is happening.
Must do my dinner now.

Oooh Doreen - hope your scales reflect your good week - let us know what they say - good luck xx

Hi Bubble. Glad you've had a sunny afternoon down in Kent (beautiful area). Started off beautifully in Staffordshire, blue sky, fluffy white clouds and lots of sunshine. By this afternoon though, it went quite dull. Still, at least it's dry. Hope you're getting back into the swing of things.

Good luck with your WI tomorrow, Doreen.

Sorry to hear about you're not too well again, Linda. and poor little Poppy, too. You seem to be having a rough time of it lately. :( Hope Linda's dad is ok too. Such a worry for her. xx

Hi ladies
Food looking nice nanny. I dont know why i never do that with burgers. It makes it much more interesting and less dry. Might plan it into next weeks dinners.
Day 2 going well so far although im very tempted to have a choc... must measure and syn.

I do like making my own burgers but don`t do it very often but did enjoy it.
Keep going bubble nice to see you here. xx

Hi ladies

Glad your day went well - good idea to have choc - keeps us sane/ish and a little of what we fancy does us good they sayxx

I must congratulate you Linda on going to class and getting weighed. Hope it was not too much of a shock. It is good the other members supported you, it is part of what going to SW is all about. I reckon it somehow means more when somebody is weighing you and you can talk about it afterwards.

Of course we remember you. You have been really missed. Glad you had a good time away.
Also I will leave those recipes on my thread.

Headaches not too bad. They come and go. I went to the hospital today but they only dilated my eyes and looked so no treatment today. Have to go back in July. Other than that I have not been out at all today. In fact had a sleep for a couple of hours then put my bedclothes on and had lunch :cool:
Don`t feel like going out but will have to tomorrow as I have to go to the bank so may stop off for coffee somewhere. Can`t keep hiding. No children to look after either at the moment. Maybe next weekend.

Anyway have a good day today, especially foodage. Mine is good again today. I need a loss on Friday to put my spirits back up again.

What a sorry for me post. Sorry girls.

Again well done for weighing and keep that food good. :)

:grouphugg:

Thank you for the hugs - here's some flowers for you :flowers:!! Nice to be back - food ok today but portions of free food are too big but better than choc or cakes I suppose!

I hope you get that loss :bliss:and that it lifts your spirits - I think it's good to have a few quiet days after your hectic schedule - and hope you see the children soon :family2:I know you'll miss them otherwise! No need to apologise for anything in your post - it's your thread - we all like to hear about your day, food and your news - so keep posting!! Take care Doreen :queen:let us know about your home WI :scale: and sleep peacefully ! xxx

Oh Choko how typical that it went all dull in the evening. Are you back at school? Some places are still on an easter break. Hope you got some time in the sun.
I have just sat down finally. I just seem to be go go go then flop at the moment. Thought ill have a quick round of diaries.
Hope wi goes well nanny. X

Thank you for the hugs - here's some flowers for you :flowers:!! Nice to be back - food ok today but portions of free food are too big but better than choc or cakes I suppose!

I hope you get that loss :bliss:and that it lifts your spirits - I think it's good to have a few quiet days after your hectic schedule - and hope you see the children soon :family2:I know you'll miss them otherwise! No need to apologise for anything in your post - it's your thread - we all like to hear about your day, food and your news - so keep posting!! Take care Doreen :queen:let us know about your home WI :scale: and sleep peacefully ! xxx

Home weigh in says a gain of 3lbs. ????? Don`t understand why. Maybe too much free food. I really don`t know. At this precise moment I don`t care either.

Not sleeping too well, am having bad dreams, Tuesday it was an awful dream about my health, I dreamt I was vomiting dried blood. My Mum had this before she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Probably dreaming in regard to Mum because feeling so low. Last night I dreamt I had lost Faye and Flynn and was running around looking for them. I am a bit tearful this morning in fact have tears while typing this. I suppose a good weigh in would have helped a bit but I would not cry about that. It is not because I am not having the children either, I can still go and visit. I really feel that I have taken a really big knock over the blazing shouting row I had with my younger brother. Cannot really talk to anybody about it who will really understand. I have a fairly new friend who does but you cannot keep on about it. You know I do love him, he is my brother, but I also totally despise him at this time. Maybe not all his fault but my goodness it has hit me for six.

I have not wanted to go out as I said above, have to today to go to bank so I have had a shower and am going to take my car halfway to Thurs SW class then walk the rest and have a coffee with the Thursday girls. I know some of them and will get a warm welcome. May even stay and listen to the talk. Have had breakfast so only have to get dressed. That is the plan as I type because somewhere I must be positive and should not let it get me like it has. I have not rung any of my sisters because I know they will want to ask me about it. It is ok if I want to talk but not because they want me to. I know what I mean :).

I am going to get dressed and try and go out. Anyway nearly out of coffee so will have to soon. Need my coffee.

I will come back later. Thanks for the flowers Linda. xxxx

Thanks, impressive stats i can see me reaching that in about August!!

I think it did me a favour writing that all down. I have felt much better today. My brother rang but I did not answer the phone. Thought that would be best for me.

I wonder sometimes what I would do without minis to air my thoughts. Here is my food for today. Not a proper dinner but did not feel like cooking and enjoyed what I had,

Thursday 16th April
hexa milk. hexb 2 bread

B: 3 eggs scrambled with mushrooms. 10g LF cheese (1.5 syns )1 toast.
S: 2 bananas
L: 2sli ham, egg mayo,(1syn) toms, lettuce. 1 plum
D: 2 sl corned beef (2 syns) ham. 1 bread h/e, plus 3 bread (7.1/2 syns) 1 plum 1 pear,

12 syns total. 51/105

So sorry to hear you're feeling so low, Doreen! Those nightmarish dreams sound dreadful! I know a little of what you mean re your brother, as any family upset just eats away at you, doesn't it? Maybe he was phoning to make amends but think you probably did the right thing in not answering until you feel ready to talk to him again.

I'm glad you actually went out today, even though the WI result was so disappointing. At least you could have a chat with the Thursday ladies. Glad also, that you seem to be feeling slightly better, now you've got it off your chest. You're right, Mini's is great for off-loading.

Anyway, I'm sending lots of virtual hugs to you and hope you sleep soundly tonight and waken feeling more positive about things. xxx:hug99:

Oh Choko how typical that it went all dull in the evening. Are you back at school? Some places are still on an easter break. Hope you got some time in the sun.
I have just sat down finally. I just seem to be go go go then flop at the moment. Thought ill have a quick round of diaries.
Hope wi goes well nanny. X

Hi Bubble,

Yes, I'm still on the Easter holiday. Back on Monday. We've been really lucky with the weather for most of the fortnight, even though it has gone a bit cooler over the last two days. Glad you're back again now and hope things go well for you.

Kathy x

Good to read your posts today - you're all doing better than me - hard to beat my sinfulness! Well I've been on plan up to about 5 today - then something snapped - and I've eaten lots since then and struggling to stop there - disappointed in myself but I am determined to start again 2moro and be stricter with myself - I still feel rough - not an excuse but I do! No point in posting my food today - but will 2moro and I'm determined to be on plan. xx

Hi Bubble,

Yes, I'm still on the Easter holiday. Back on Monday. We've been really lucky with the weather for most of the fortnight, even though it has gone a bit cooler over the last two days. Glad you're back again now and hope things go well for you.

Kathy x

Make the most of your last working day off Kathy - yes we've had good weather - pity the weather has turned cool tho xx

Home weigh in says a gain of 3lbs. ????? Don`t understand why. Maybe too much free food. I really don`t know. At this precise moment I don`t care either.

Not sleeping too well, am having bad dreams, Tuesday it was an awful dream about my health, I dreamt I was vomiting dried blood. My Mum had this before she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Probably dreaming in regard to Mum because feeling so low. Last night I dreamt I had lost Faye and Flynn and was running around looking for them. I am a bit tearful this morning in fact have tears while typing this. I suppose a good weigh in would have helped a bit but I would not cry about that. It is not because I am not having the children either, I can still go and visit. I really feel that I have taken a really big knock over the blazing shouting row I had with my younger brother. Cannot really talk to anybody about it who will really understand. I have a fairly new friend who does but you cannot keep on about it. You know I do love him, he is my brother, but I also totally despise him at this time. Maybe not all his fault but my goodness it has hit me for six.

I have not wanted to go out as I said above, have to today to go to bank so I have had a shower and am going to take my car halfway to Thurs SW class then walk the rest and have a coffee with the Thursday girls. I know some of them and will get a warm welcome. May even stay and listen to the talk. Have had breakfast so only have to get dressed. That is the plan as I type because somewhere I must be positive and should not let it get me like it has. I have not rung any of my sisters because I know they will want to ask me about it. It is ok if I want to talk but not because they want me to. I know what I mean :).

I am going to get dressed and try and go out. Anyway nearly out of coffee so will have to soon. Need my coffee.

I will come back later. Thanks for the flowers Linda. xxxx

Well that 3lbs sounds odd - I hope SW scales say different.

I know how upsetting family tensions can be and you're a caring person - so your brother's ways are bound to have a negative effect - I'm glad you feel you can post your feelings - much healthier to get them out isn't it? Keep on posting about it all if it helps you. I think our thoughts can sometimes come out in our dreams - because they're on our minds - so even more reason to get it out here.

Good to hear you went to Thursday class - I hope you enjoyed that. And I hope you feel brighter today for going out.

I was glad to read in your other post that you felt better for writing this post - yes I know what you mean - this is a lovely thread and I feel at home here - thanks to you for starting it off! Take care xx

Back