NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

We are lucky to have such nice people on this thread Linda.
I agree that 3lbs sounds strange to me too. The only difference is I have not done much exercise this week tho` I cannot see it would make that much difference.

I have been ok the rest of the day too. Just didn`t want to cook dinner but stayed within syns. I really must start walking again even if only to cafe and back. Never been away from it so long. Only once in two weeks.

Thanks for your nice reply. xx Just gonna watch Supervet then off to bed.

Hi Nanny
I cried reading you post and just want to give you a hug. Im a bit emotional too and can kinda feel that pain. Families are such an emotional rollercoaster, and i know exactly what you mean about wanting to talk but not if that makes sense?
You were right not to answer phone until you are in a better place with the situation. Hopefully it was a call to make amends and it can get sorted soon for your sanity.
As for a gain, really? I cant believe that. Du think its emotional stress weight? I think ive got 3 stones worth!!
Big hug nanny, we all love you. X

Upndown lets both start tomorrow with a positive vibe, we can do it... (haha who am i trying to convince?)

Choko enjoy your last few days off. Ive had a nice short week to ease me back to the delightful joys of children! Our hols go far too quickly. Roll on May!...

Gnight all c u tomorrow. X

Thank you so much Bubble. That was a lovely post. Could it be stress weight? :) I will contact brother when I feel I can do it without emotion. I think it will be best if it is face to face rather than on the phone
I am going to see my neice (in law) Tash next week. We will meet for coffee then I will take her home and pop in and see my brother. He lives with her family.

I got weighed this morning and had put on 1lb. Not as bad as three but I was upset and cross. One of my fat club friends offered to take me out for coffee. She told Jayne our consultant that she was going as I was upset and Jayne came outside to speak to me and give me a hug. I am so lucky to have such a great Consultant as Jayne you could not ask for better.

Dara and I sat chatting until 12 noon. She was really good, let me chat for a while then told me some fantastic stories about her life. That was really great of her and I have come away feeling so good. She was amazing.

Maybe I should do my walking again. Not done so much this last couple of weeks, been sleeping a lot. Will start it again today. Gonna pop to the town and have a mosie around.

Good for you, Doreen and so glad you have such supportive friends around you. Your consultant sounds really lovely and understanding, which is what we all need from time to time. Glad your friend spoke with you too - good not to feel so isolated with our problems.

I think (for what it's worth) you're doing the right thing with regard to speaking with your brother face to face, rather than over the phone. Life is so short and it would be wonderful if you could manage to settle things between you and move on from the argument/problem. I really hope things work out positively for you.

Shame about the lb gain but, as you say, at least it's not as bad as a 3lb gain. You've been in such a brilliant mind set about your food since Christmas, that I'm sure you won't let this set you back and you will just carry on.

Glad you've been out for a walk today. Think that sometimes helps with our sleep patterns and just lifts the mood a little.

Big hugs to you, Doreen. You're such a lovely lady and I don't like to think of you being so upset. :bighug:xxx

Good luck, Linda and Bubble. Hope you manage to get back on track today. At least we all have each other for support.

Hoping things are going well for Linda C too. xx

Thank you so much Bubble. That was a lovely post. Could it be stress weight? :) I will contact brother when I feel I can do it without emotion. I think it will be best if it is face to face rather than on the phone
I am going to see my neice (in law) Tash next week. We will meet for coffee then I will take her home and pop in and see my brother. He lives with her family.

I got weighed this morning and had put on 1lb. Not as bad as three but I was upset and cross. One of my fat club friends offered to take me out for coffee. She told Jayne our consultant that she was going as I was upset and Jayne came outside to speak to me and give me a hug. I am so lucky to have such a great Consultant as Jayne you could not ask for better.

Dara and I sat chatting until 12 noon. She was really good, let me chat for a while then told me some fantastic stories about her life. That was really great of her and I have come away feeling so good. She was amazing.

Maybe I should do my walking again. Not done so much this last couple of weeks, been sleeping a lot. Will start it again today. Gonna pop to the town and have a mosie around.

Ah Doreen - sorry about the gain - but as you say better than 3 - I'd say a millions times better than 3 and a zillion times better than my 10!! :eek:

How lovely of your friend to offer for the coffee and a chat plus your supportive consultant and I was glad to read that you felt better afterwards. :)

I wonder if your gain was part water retention - I think (and hoping) at least a tiny bit of mine was :rolleyes:

Tension in families is hard - we can't really cut ourselves off from them as we might with other ppl who behaved in a way that upset us - so hope you will be able to sort things out with your brother.

Well how about you, Bubble and I really going for it this week - what do you say? Kathy you seem to have gone back on plan after your time away/b'day treats (unlike me!) and will perhaps keep your eye on us 3 renegades!! Linda C you have so much on - I know you will start when things at home settle down and I know we'll have your support xx :bighug:

I woke up feeling a bit down about SW this morning - but gave myself a good talking to and so far I've been on plan (but it's only 4.00 pm!) I planned to make Kathy's lovely 'Sticky Chilli Chicken' but can't find the chipotle paste which I bought the first time I made it - don't think I used it all - checked all the cupboards - so where is it - not even I wd binge on that!!??

So now on the menu is SW diet coke chicken (not children as I originally typed!!) not had it before so hope it's ok - but chipotle paste is on the shopping list so will have Kathy's recipe next week!

Food for the day (I hope)

B: boiled egg and melon (not together!)
L: SW veg soup, fruit salad and ff yog
D: SW diet coke chicken inc peppers & onions, served with cauli and carrots, maybe more fruit salad/ff yog?

No treats - hopefully - but will have soup if I'm hungry.

No exercise again cos I still feel a bit ropey - but Doreen - you and I need to get moving (ooh don't I sound bossy!) as you say we can't put our gains down to the lack of exercise - but for me at least - when I'm in the zone - I exercise and stick to the plan - they seem to go together! :553::girlpower::chores016::talk017::grouphugg::fingerscrossed: xxxxx

Last edited:
Yes Linda we will all do it together. I am up for that. Right then bossy, I did go for a walk to the local library to do some photocopying. Only about 5 mins each way but a start. I have been hiding somewhat this last week or two but have decided to come out again. Going back to the walk, I got back probably a couple of hours ago and my sugars have dropped. Surprising what a difference the walking makes. Have had a couple of satsumas, that should bring it up.

Hope you feel better about sw now. I felt very negative this morning but I don`t know.

Right, here we go --- my food plan for today is
Friday 17th April Hexa milk hexb wm bread

B: Latte 200ml skinny milk.

Brunch: 2 eggs, mushrooms tomato. h/e bread, 1 extra bread (2.1/2 syns)

Snack: banana 2 satsumas (sugar low) coffee

D: chicken stir fry. mushroom and oyster sauce with noodles.
Stir fry pack beansprouts (50%) carrot, cabbage & onion
2 apples.
May have some mixed fruit later.

200ml skimmed milk (4 syns) Will need this for coffee. I don`t need xtra milk so am going to have a ham and tomato sarni as am still hungry so 1 extra syn

7.1/2 syns for the day.

:thankyou::grouphugg:

Last edited:
Your post really made me giggle, Linda! Especially the bit about how 'not even you' could binge on chipotle paste!! :D Unsurprisingly! I've had the diet coke chicken once, absolutely ages ago, and, if my memory serves me correctly, I think I liked it. We're having paprika and chorizo chicken today, if I can make the effort to get off the sofa in time. Feel very lazy today! At least, Pete is going for his horse riding lesson at 7 o'clock (for an hour this week) so it will give me time to get myself into gear!

I may have gone right back onto plan after all my treats, Linda but, for some reason, don't feel like I'll have lost anything by Sunday. Mind you, I didn't weigh myself after indulging (too scary!) so don't really know what my starting point would have been.

Good luck to you and Bubble. I'm sure you'll soon get into things again. :) xx

Big X and that noise they make on family fortunes.:rolleyes:
It started all bad from the start today. I need some sw good vibes tried the talking to, tried the threatening, tried the health trick and im just not listening to myself!

Well Nanny D im proud of you for going to wi and how lovely to be looked after and cheered up by a fat club friend. Some people we meet in life are really worth their weight in gold. Thats what it is we're pure gold!;)

Well done auntie Linda so happy youre on track today keep going. Diet chicken is gorgeous a winner in my house.

Missing mummy Cloudy but i do hope the little ones are doing ok.

Choko ur name makes me want that naughty brown stuff thats very synful! I cant think straight... lol!:D Hope u found the energy to get that tasty dinner sorted and good luck with weekend wi.

Ive got to say ladies all ur lovely meals have just give me the kick to write out my meals for the week. I need to plan and there are so many interesting tasty meals to be had on this plan. Off i go pen and paper to hand plan plan plan...its so nice youre all here. X

Aw, good luck, Bubble! And, if it helps to dispel the image of that naughty brown stuff, just call me Kathy! :D Yes, get planning your menu and shopping list - that's always the best way to go. Make sure you get a lot of good variety, tasty meals written down, preferably the ones that don't take ages to prepare and cook. I always try to cook one new meal a week (doesn't always happen), then I don't get bored. :eatdrink023: :eatdrink012:

Yes, I did find the energy to cook the evening meal - it's cooking away as we 'speak'.

Hope you have a really good weekend, Bubble and that you manage to restrain from all the naughty stuff! Thanks for the good wishes for the WI. Fingers crossed! :)

Kathy xx

Very quick hello, still on phone but Virgin have promised to look into our connection issues within 5days.

Jamie has done well, had his cast off today and next week will go back for repeat X-ray but seems a lot better.

Millie was sick again this evening, a shame as shed eaten quite well (compared with recently) and then lost it. She went straight off to sleep afterwards.

I've eaten well today, bit over syns but not much but weekend won't be on plan. Next week, well no promises but we'll see.

Have read all posts and hugs to you all, we all have problems it seems. My posts may be lacking but I'm thinking of you all. Xx

Glad Jamies plaster is off but so sorry Millie is being sick again.

We are thinking of you to Linda. Hope this improve soon.

Love Doreen xx

Thanks Kathy
I have just tried to look at your profile and find your diary but I cant work my way around the site that well. I have found your recipes thread though, might need to do as you say and try something new every week. Thank you.

Nice to see your quick post mummy mins. keep safe and well we will be around when you are able to post. (well I'll try and not keep going AWOL!)

Very quick hello, still on phone but Virgin have promised to look into our connection issues within 5days.

Jamie has done well, had his cast off today and next week will go back for repeat X-ray but seems a lot better.

Millie was sick again this evening, a shame as shed eaten quite well (compared with recently) and then lost it. She went straight off to sleep afterwards.

I've eaten well today, bit over syns but not much but weekend won't be on plan. Next week, well no promises but we'll see.

Have read all posts and hugs to you all, we all have problems it seems. My posts may be lacking but I'm thinking of you all. Xx

Lovely of you to call in - esp as you have so much on at home - I've just posted on your thread but didn't mention little Jamie - but meant to say I'm glad to hear he's moving his arm easier now. Enjoy your weekend - SW will wait for now!! Take care of you xxx

Last edited:
Big X and that noise they make on family fortunes.:rolleyes:
It started all bad from the start today. I need some sw good vibes tried the talking to, tried the threatening, tried the health trick and im just not listening to myself!

Well Nanny D im proud of you for going to wi and how lovely to be looked after and cheered up by a fat club friend. Some people we meet in life are really worth their weight in gold. Thats what it is we're pure gold!;)

Well done auntie Linda so happy youre on track today keep going. Diet chicken is gorgeous a winner in my house.

Missing mummy Cloudy but i do hope the little ones are doing ok.

Choko ur name makes me want that naughty brown stuff thats very synful! I cant think straight... lol!:D Hope u found the energy to get that tasty dinner sorted and good luck with weekend wi.

Ive got to say ladies all ur lovely meals have just give me the kick to write out my meals for the week. I need to plan and there are so many interesting tasty meals to be had on this plan. Off i go pen and paper to hand plan plan plan...its so nice youre all here. X

Hello to one pure gold lady to another!! ;) I keep meaning to ask you how your hubby is doing? I hope he's keeping well?

I know sooooo well what it feels like to talk to myself when I'm struggling to stay on plan - why does that happen? Anyway 2moro's another day so let's hope it's a better one for you - I feel as if I'm hanging on in there by my fingernails!!

Kathy's lovely recipes help me as they're so delicious and seem like 'normal' not diet food! I ended up having Kathy's sticky chilli chicken as hubby went shopping and bought some more chipotle paste! It was lovely - which I'm sure the diet coke chicken is - we'll have that soon!

It's lovely to see you here - I'll pop over to you now xx

Your post really made me giggle, Linda! Especially the bit about how 'not even you' could binge on chipotle paste!! :D Unsurprisingly! I've had the diet coke chicken once, absolutely ages ago, and, if my memory serves me correctly, I think I liked it. We're having paprika and chorizo chicken today, if I can make the effort to get off the sofa in time. Feel very lazy today! At least, Pete is going for his horse riding lesson at 7 o'clock (for an hour this week) so it will give me time to get myself into gear!

I may have gone right back onto plan after all my treats, Linda but, for some reason, don't feel like I'll have lost anything by Sunday. Mind you, I didn't weigh myself after indulging (too scary!) so don't really know what my starting point would have been.

Good luck to you and Bubble. I'm sure you'll soon get into things again. :) xx

Thanks Kathy - you may have seen in another post that hubby went shopping and came back with more chipotle paste - so we had our fave recipe after all! It was delicious - you'll see I've posted a rave review - do that each time so that newbies can see how delish your recipes are!!

Lovely for Pete to go horse riding I'm sure - my sisters used to ride but I was terrified and Poppy goes too but she's still braver than me!! Hope you enjoyed your tea - anything with chorizo is a hit here!

As you say you'll never know what your weight was last week but being back on plan will surely have limited any damage? Good luck with your WI xx

Morning ladies. Hope your weather is as good as it is here. Sunny with a few fluffy clouds and just a little wind.
I didn`t sleep until 3am this morning but was up at 9am and feel as bright as a button (thank goodness I hear you say.) and popped to Argos to pick up some aida for my sewing.

Not good being up so late and I ate. What did I eat I hear you ask. I ate two and a half rounds of ham sandwiches and had Ginger tea with it. I really enjoyed it. Cost me 14syns including the mayo. I am going to save some of those today.

Hope you all feeling good and have a lovely on plan day. I am just sitting for breakfast of banana and a large cup of coffee.

May cut the grass later. xx

Morning ladies. Hope your weather is as good as it is here. Sunny with a few fluffy clouds and just a little wind.
I didn`t sleep until 3am this morning but was up at 9am and feel as bright as a button (thank goodness I hear you say.) and popped to Argos to pick up some aida for my sewing.

Not good being up so late and I ate. What did I eat I hear you ask. I ate two and a half rounds of ham sandwiches and had Ginger tea with it. I really enjoyed it. Cost me 14syns including the mayo. I am going to save some of those today.

Hope you all feeling good and have a lovely on plan day. I am just sitting for breakfast of banana and a large cup of coffee.

May cut the grass later. xx

Lovely to read your upbeat post - you sound much brighter - could that be that you've rested and even tho' you didn't sleep until 3 you're still refreshed - hard to be shattered and feeling good I think!!

Your mid-night snack could have been a lot worse couldn't it and it was healthy - as you say over the week you can handle that.

I'm feeling pretty perky this morning too - altho I had a lie in till 10 and when I talk I still sound strange - more like Minnie Mouse today! Weather lovely here too - washing on the line and I'm going to do some gardening - well sowing more veg and herb seeds I think - I like to garden and like it to look nice but I prefer growing fruit, veg and herbs to flowers.

Linda C - latest gardening news - my basil seeds are just coming up so the first bit's worked following your instructions - so thanks!

Hope everyone enjoys the day and Millie has a better one today xx

Yes Linda we will all do it together. I am up for that. Right then bossy, I did go for a walk to the local library to do some photocopying. Only about 5 mins each way but a start. I have been hiding somewhat this last week or two but have decided to come out again. Going back to the walk, I got back probably a couple of hours ago and my sugars have dropped. Surprising what a difference the walking makes. Have had a couple of satsumas, that should bring it up.

Hope you feel better about sw now. I felt very negative this morning but I don`t know.

Right, here we go --- my food plan for today is
Friday 17th April Hexa milk hexb wm bread

B: Latte 200ml skinny milk.

Brunch: 2 eggs, mushrooms tomato. h/e bread, 1 extra bread (2.1/2 syns)

Snack: banana 2 satsumas (sugar low) coffee

D: chicken stir fry. mushroom and oyster sauce with noodles.
Stir fry pack beansprouts (50%) carrot, cabbage & onion
2 apples.
May have some mixed fruit later.

200ml skimmed milk (4 syns) Will need this for coffee. I don`t need xtra milk so am going to have a ham and tomato sarni as am still hungry so 1 extra syn

7.1/2 syns for the day.

:thankyou::grouphugg:

Ooh sorry Doreen - somehow I missed this lovely and colourful post - yep got over being down about SW - it's me being naughty not the eating plan's fault!! I hpe you do too - we've both lost well on SW and I think which ever diet I follow - I'll fall off the wagon at times :rolleyes:

Yes Mrs Bossy reckons starting with 5 mins in an excellent start - and brought you out of hiding and hope you felt better having done that - I didn't do any exercise today - so reading your post has reminded me and will do some today before you get bossy with me ;) Yes surprising how your sugars drop - but you manage it very well I think -hope the satsumas did the trick?

A very low syn day - so plenty to use for you mid-night snack. Have a good day Doreen xx

Back