NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Hope your hair turns out ok Linda.

Hey did you notice no heb. maybe that saves me some syns.
I think I had best eat those apples now. Feeling a bit peckish. Think I have only used 1/2 my milk. Could have saved some syns on cheese.
Will leave it as it is I think.

Not done my hair - in the garden for hours!! Will do it in the morning before next door neighbour's Mum's funeral. No didn't spot your lack of heb - you'll nbe giving me the sack :) !! Hope the apples did the trick!! You're doing v well - I'd have had that cheese! xx

Glad to keep folks smiling if we can. If you have a little gain Kathy you will soon get it off.
Have a chase around the garden with the rabbits, a little rabbit chasing is good body magic. :rolleyes:

I went to tea with a friend for a couple of hours then phoned my sister when I got back and sorted a couple of things from previous phone call. She is trying so hard to keep us altogether. I have told her I will hopefully go and see brother next week.

Enjoy your evening.

Is there no end to your talents Doreen? Your bunny knowledge is amazing - Kathy did you know that ;) ? Hope you enjoyed tea with your friend and hope you are able to sort your family stuff out xx

Well done, ladies! :) Oh, well, I shall miss all my extra time on Mini's. Back to getting up at 5.45am, ready for school. :( At least, apart from the SATS tests, the summer term is generally a nicer one. More outdoor activities and, once the tests are out of the way, the Year 6 will be getting ready for their end of year production. Not sure what they're doing yet this time round.

Right, off to make the tea now, which has changed yet again! Going to have sticky chicken with some Synned oven chips and peas, just because I want something quick and easy on my last night of freedom! :) xx

Gosh that's an early start Kathy - at least you've had a lovely break - and all good things (like bad things) come to an end. And nice to hear the summer term is enjoyable!! Good luck when that alarm clock rings xx

Ha ha! Thanks for that, Doreen! :) I do sometimes buy frozen chips but sometimes have a go at the SW ones too (not very good at making these. They never look nice and crisp like in the mag!) The ones I have at the moment work out at 100g = 3 Syns. Because I haven't used any Syns for the last few days and I won't be weighing in again now until next Sunday, I thought I could get away with 200g and the sticky chicken too. 200g does make quite a good portion, along with some peas, etc. I've just got the chicken marinating and I'm going to cook it in about 5 mins. Looking forward to it. :) xx

It is 5.50am. Have had breakfast couldn`t sleep and was hungry. Is it time for you to get up yet?

I always have chips in the freezer for the kids. When I get below the 15`s I am going to try some. On a good day 6syns for 200g not too bad.

Enjoy your time back at work. xx

Gosh that's an early start Kathy - at least you've had a lovely break - and all good things (like bad things) come to an end. And nice to hear the summer term is enjoyable!! Good luck when that alarm clock rings xx

Morning all.

Don`t worry about Kathy getting up, I have sent her a mental alarm call. No I haven`t lost it I sent it on some waves. :D

I have divided myh hexa to include 10g cheese which I put in my beans for breakfast.

Diabetic nurse this morning, hopefully a Little gardening. See you later.

Had my diabetic check today. Long term sugars a bit high. I knew it would be. I have lost weight since last visit - she was very pleased. AND my cholesterol is down to 5.2. Fantastic. Apparently beans, peas, baked beans and chickpeas - amongst others are good for cholesterol. I have been eating peas a little more recently and have found that I like chickpeas. So from now on anything I cook like curry, bolognese or a mince dish in will go the chickpeas. YEA. Just the sugars to readjust. That also includes the carbs so a bit more learning and book reading.

Morning all.

Don`t worry about Kathy getting up, I have sent her a mental alarm call. No I haven`t lost it I sent it on some waves. :D

I have divided myh hexa to include 10g cheese which I put in my beans for breakfast.

Diabetic nurse this morning, hopefully a Little gardening. See you later.

Are you sure you haven't lost it - that was what attracted me here - it meant I fitted in :rolleyes: hee hee! Body magic in the garden - great! xx

Updating in bold:

B: boiled egg and kiwi fruit (only the egg was boiled in case you thought my brekkie was weirder than ever!)
L: SW French onion soup, heb bread - but a tweak cos it was white ;)
D: braised lamb, veg and salad I added balsamic vinegar having asked for no butter on veg or salad dressing, tiny brownie with coffee

Fruit tea, 2 coffees - ssmilk with coffee at home & probably full fat milk in the pub = part hea, diet drink, water

Syns in brownie ??? Syns in lamb - maybe hidden syns in the cooking process??

Had a bit of a shock whilst updating this - thought I'd eaten a 5 syns crumpet and lemon curd today - which would have wrecked today - but ate that yesterday - whew!!

Doreen - coloured my hair this morning - it's turned out a bit darker than I expected (but it usually lightens up a bit after a few washes) it made my face look even paler than it is already - but I just put a bit more 'slap' on!!

Last edited:
Enjoy your meal, Linda. Such a gorgeous evening to eat out. Glad you drew my attention to Doreen's body magic tip - re chasing bunnies round the garden! :D

5.50am and you'd had your breakfast, Doreen?!! You must have beaten me then. I got up at 5.40am. but hadn't had brekkie by then! It is early, as you say, Linda but I prefer to get up then so I can have, by the time I make it downstairs, about 35 minutes to have breakfast and read in peace, before going in the shower. I leave for school at 7.30am. It'll hit me in the next few days, when I'll start nodding off on the sofa in the evening. Thanks for the alarm clock, Doreen! :)

Good luck with your WI tomorrow, Linda and, hopefully, you'll have lost your 10lbs before the Mini's meet.

So glad your diabetic appointment went well, Doreen. Must be hard to get your head round all the hidden sugars in food.

Hi Bubble and Linda C. Hope you're both doing ok and you've had lovely weather where you live too. Have a lovely evening, all. xx

Enjoy your meal tonight Linda.

Sorry Kathy today was a one off - I hope - won`t be up early tomorrow.

Food for today Monday 20th April

hexa 10g cheddar cheese. 230ml milk. hexb 2 bread

B: 5.45am. 2 toast, 2 eggs, 1/2 tin baked beans, 10g cheese. Coffee.

L: BNS & carrot soup. Egg mayo & tomato. (no bread)

D: chilli con carni with added chickpeas and boiled rice.
Frozen fruit & Yogurt. (1.1/2 syns) Bought this yogurt as less sugar

Later. fruit tea to save on milk.
2 apples 2 satsumas If I am up long enough.

SYNS 1.1/2

HAD A HAM SANDWICH WITH A LITTLE MAYO SO SYNS GONE UP TO 7.

Last edited:
Evening ladies

Choko you are good getting up so early to chill b4 work! My mornings are a madhouse! I used to get up at 6 to exercise b4 all hell let loose but i just cant open my eyes anymore so is now a mad shouting frenzy from 7 to 8 when we leave for schools and work. My neighbours must hate us!

Good luck with wi upndown hope u stuck to plan tonight as youd planned.

I love chick peas nanny d! Ive got a huge list of cholestrol busters for my hubby but he also has a lung disease that diets contradict eachother. I guess its the same with diabetes surely the carbs in pulses arent good for the diabetes? As he says "theres one dead cert in life and thats that we'll all die one one!" Wish i had his attitude sometimes!
Glad ur results werent bad today. Keep smiling. X

Apparently according to my new book from nurse they are good for cholestrol and as long as I keep a check on the sugars they are not a problem. Will be checking in about half an hour to see how much I have gone up after eating dinner.
One good thing is that with chilli beans and chickpeas I am full.

Hope you doing ok Bubble.

HIYA ladies.... it's good to finally catch up on my laptop. I did read loads on this page on my phone earlier but then couldn't reply. I won't bombard your diary with individual replies now though Nanny D but its lovely to know you're all ok. The usual ups and down of slimming world but you all seem to be coping with those. Yep, even you Twinny because you ARE keeping track and trying to save syns where you can. I, on the other hand, hold my hand up and confess that I really haven't bothered writing down my food, or even counting syns. Obviously its not all fallen out of my head and I'm aware of the rough count of most of what I've had but there again, if I don't 'know' the syns, I've more or less ignored them :rolleyes:. Best of luck for your weigh in tomorrow Linda.... hope you've managed to lose a good part of that blinkin' gain, it is SO frustrating how quickly it goes on, yet comes off so much more slowly. Hope you found something yummy at the pub that didn't mean too many syns.

You are doing very well Nanny D.... I admire the fact you cope with your diabetic needs alongside doing SW as I reckon I'd use it as a good excuse to eat what I wanted. You have even more to think about than the rest of us when planning your meals.

Reading Mins again is starting to make me feel more like I want to start afresh. I've realised how much I've missed Mins and catching up each day, plus how much that keeps ME aware of what is going on my plate and in my mouth.
So, after this week, well, by Friday (with some planning on my behalf as we're entertaining friends that won't really 'do' sw at all) I'm aiming to start afresh and fire up the determination. I have 8lbs to lose 'again' before I can get into fresh ground.... will take a while and be hard all over again but I will do it.

Oh, it feels like I'm 'home' again..... it's lovely to know you're all doing well. xxx

HIYA ladies.... it's good to finally catch up on my laptop. I did read loads on this page on my phone earlier but then couldn't reply. I won't bombard your diary with individual replies now though Nanny D but its lovely to know you're all ok. The usual ups and down of slimming world but you all seem to be coping with those. Yep, even you Twinny because you ARE keeping track and trying to save syns where you can. I, on the other hand, hold my hand up and confess that I really haven't bothered writing down my food, or even counting syns. Obviously its not all fallen out of my head and I'm aware of the rough count of most of what I've had but there again, if I don't 'know' the syns, I've more or less ignored them :rolleyes:. Best of luck for your weigh in tomorrow Linda.... hope you've managed to lose a good part of that blinkin' gain, it is SO frustrating how quickly it goes on, yet comes off so much more slowly. Hope you found something yummy at the pub that didn't mean too many syns.

You are doing very well Nanny D.... I admire the fact you cope with your diabetic needs alongside doing SW as I reckon I'd use it as a good excuse to eat what I wanted. You have even more to think about than the rest of us when planning your meals.

Reading Mins again is starting to make me feel more like I want to start afresh. I've realised how much I've missed Mins and catching up each day, plus how much that keeps ME aware of what is going on my plate and in my mouth.
So, after this week, well, by Friday (with some planning on my behalf as we're entertaining friends that won't really 'do' sw at all) I'm aiming to start afresh and fire up the determination. I have 8lbs to lose 'again' before I can get into fresh ground.... will take a while and be hard all over again but I will do it.

Oh, it feels like I'm 'home' again..... it's lovely to know you're all doing well. xxx

Yes I know what you mean about being at home here - lovely to be here isn't it? And lovely to have you back!

Know too that feeling of losing gains - but do it we must! I feel as if my waistband is less constrictive - so expecting a loss 2moro but don't see it being the big 10 I gained :( but I will lose it one day :) xx

Apparently according to my new book from nurse they are good for cholestrol and as long as I keep a check on the sugars they are not a problem. Will be checking in about half an hour to see how much I have gone up after eating dinner.
One good thing is that with chilli beans and chickpeas I am full.

Hope you doing ok Bubble.

Good news about the chickpeas and you like them plus they're filling! xx

Enjoy your meal, Linda. Such a gorgeous evening to eat out. Glad you drew my attention to Doreen's body magic tip - re chasing bunnies round the garden! :D

5.50am and you'd had your breakfast, Doreen?!! You must have beaten me then. I got up at 5.40am. but hadn't had brekkie by then! It is early, as you say, Linda but I prefer to get up then so I can have, by the time I make it downstairs, about 35 minutes to have breakfast and read in peace, before going in the shower. I leave for school at 7.30am. It'll hit me in the next few days, when I'll start nodding off on the sofa in the evening. Thanks for the alarm clock, Doreen! :)

Good luck with your WI tomorrow, Linda and, hopefully, you'll have lost your 10lbs before the Mini's meet.

So glad your diabetic appointment went well, Doreen. Must be hard to get your head round all the hidden sugars in food.

Hi Bubble and Linda C. Hope you're both doing ok and you've had lovely weather where you live too. Have a lovely evening, all. xx

Thanks Kathy - think I will have a loss 2moro - but as the meet in on Saturday - some of it will be coming with me - perhaps having it hanging around my person will remind me I need to enjoy myself but in moderation :) xx

Last edited:
It is 5.50am. Have had breakfast couldn`t sleep and was hungry. Is it time for you to get up yet?

I always have chips in the freezer for the kids. When I get below the 15`s I am going to try some. On a good day 6syns for 200g not too bad.

Enjoy your time back at work. xx

Hi Early Bird - Mmmmm.. I dream of the times I can have the odd plate of chips (and other goodies) without having to weigh them and see a tiny portion on my plate! But guess to stay at target I'll have to be carerful ;) xx

Food for today Monday 20th April

hexa 10g cheddar cheese. 230ml milk. hexb 2 bread

B: 5.45am. 2 toast, 2 eggs, 1/2 tin baked beans, 10g cheese. Coffee.

L: BNS & carrot soup. Egg mayo & tomato. (no bread)

D: chilli con carni with added chickpeas and boiled rice.
Frozen fruit & Yogurt. (1.1/2 syns) Bought this yogurt as less sugar

Later. fruit tea to save on milk.
2 apples 2 satsumas If I am up long enough.

SYNS 1.1/2

A great day - very low syns - you'll be changing your username to Nanny Low next! What yogurt has the lower sugar? Is it nice?
Hope the chickpeas didn't send sugars high - you have a lot on your plate thinking of sugars, cholesterol and SW - you're doing very well to stay positive and you're having a great week aren't you? Well done Doreen xxxx

Yes thanks - we had a good time - Poppy came along too - we picked her up from school and I mentioned it and she wanted to come - she and I had lovely meals but hubby was a bit disappointed with his - meat was dry and overcooked - he's not the type to send it back tho'. I managed to make healthy choices - but you never know what hidden syns are lurking do you?

The Minis meet is this Saturday and whilst I'm confident I'll have lost a good chunk of my gain - think some of it will be coming to Birmingham with me ;) perhaps carrying it around with me - will prevent me from going over the top with food :rolleyes: .

I hope your first day back went well - a shock to the system I expect - but hopefully the children were happy and rested and behaved for you? xx

Last edited:
Some really lovely posts there. So Lovely to hear from Linda C. You do sound so much more upbeat. It is nice to have you `home`. xxx

Hope you got up ok this morning Kathy and that you are enjoying being back with all the children.

Linda U my syns went up by 5.1/2 as I was hungry in the evening and had a sandwich with 2 slices, little mayo & some ham. Therefore 6.1/2 for the day. But still well within. I think I should post my food the next morning rather than having to change it. I reckon getting up so early with that 5.30 breakfast didn`t help. Mind you I always want to eat in the evenings. Goes back to when I was a child I reckon. We used to sit and watch ` The Count of Montie Cristo ` with snacks and lemonade.

The yogurt I had was co-op low fat. It was 6g per 100 as opposed to 9g per 100 on the fat free. Just a little difference but will look around when out and see if I can find a lower one.

Glad you and Poppy enjoyed your meals. Lovely for Poppy to go with you. Shame about hubby`s food. Healthy choices for you too is good. Well done :).

Not much planned for today, just put the washing on, in fact I think it has finished now, so will hang it out in this lovely sunshine. I have got a lot of weeding to do ........ not my favourite job but it is getting bad. I have more time now so no excuses. So weeding later this morning.

Have a good day all. Hope it is as sunny where you are as it is here.

Back