NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Updating in bold:

B: boiled egg and kiwi fruit (only the egg was boiled in case you thought my brekkie was weirder than ever!)
L: SW French onion soup, heb bread - but a tweak cos it was white ;)
D: braised lamb, veg and salad I added balsamic vinegar having asked for no butter on veg or salad dressing, tiny brownie with coffee

Fruit tea, 2 coffees - ssmilk with coffee at home & probably full fat milk in the pub = part hea, diet drink, water

Syns in brownie ??? Syns in lamb - maybe hidden syns in the cooking process??

Had a bit of a shock whilst updating this - thought I'd eaten a 5 syns crumpet and lemon curd today - which would have wrecked today - but ate that yesterday - whew!!

Doreen - coloured my hair this morning - it's turned out a bit darker than I expected (but it usually lightens up a bit after a few washes) it made my face look even paler than it is already - but I just put a bit more 'slap' on!!

I missed the updates on this. Good choices Linda. Braised lamb sound really nice. As long as it was lean I reckon not a problem at all. Love the `tweaked` bread. Crumpet and lemon curd, mmmm. Glad you got the wrong day.

Maybe your hair will have lightened a little by the time you have your meet this weekend. Just continue with the Slap. xx

Spent 1 hour weeding, mostly bending over. Neighbour passed me over a coffee bless her. Still absolutely loads to do but am having a couple of hours break then will go and do some more.
Hope your days going ok girlies.

Well done on more body magic Doreen- - yes lots to do in the garden this time of year! Hope everyone's had a good day - will catch up on other news later.

Not long got back in - been shopping, quick trim of my fringe - my hairdresser seems to get booked for weeks - so could only do my fringe today! Then picked Pops up from school etc etc!

Very chuffed to have weighed in 6lbs lighter this week! Think a lot of that will be water - but numbers look better and it's made me feel more confident regarding my relationship with food!!

Here's what I've had - decided to enjoy what I eat and have some treats - think I'll copy others and countdown syns from 105 - will syn them in after I've sorted the meal and maybe a bit of gardening xx

B: peanut butter - 1 slice toast 5 SYNS- grapes
L: 1 slice toast 5 SYNS and lemon curd - grapes
D: that potato layer thing HEB - loads left! gammon and salad, tiny slice of treacle tart ?? and ice cream ??
Snack: hi fi bar HEB

Well done x

Thanks - I've just edited that post - noticed after posting it I'd mentioned the loss twice - don't want to have to change my username to BIGHEAD eh ;) xx

Wow bighead what a fantastic loss for you. I couldn`t be happier - unless it was my loss of course. Well done. Pleased as punch I bet you are. That potato layer thing sound interesting. :)

Yes I know what you mean about being at home here - lovely to be here isn't it? And lovely to have you back!

Thanks Twinny.... I'm looking forward to hearing about your weigh in result!

Some really lovely posts there. So Lovely to hear from Linda C. You do sound so much more upbeat. It is nice to have you `home`. xxx

Thanks Doreen.... I shall be happier when Lucy has taken Millie to see the consultant and its been investigated. Millie has seemed a little better today but she was coughing a lot early evening yesterday, after she was in bed and several times Lucy jumped up to go and check as it sounded like she was sick, happily she wasn't. Its heart rending hearing her though, and watching her if you're in the room, her whole body shakes with it. I'm sure her chest/ribs must ache, I know mine do if I've had a cough for a week or two, let alone like this. She has eaten better again today, and its staying in, so hopefully she'll regain a little weight now. Funny really that we're all trying to lose it and we need her to gain some! She had her MMR immunisations today, poor soul, three separate injections but apparently she barely flinched with the first, just gave a little yelp at the second and pulled herself round so Lucy could cuddle her but on the third one she did cry a little. She soon cheered up though and a couple of mins later was cheekily pushing her hand onto the scales to make them move. She was very tired this evening as her appointment meant she missed her afternoon nap, so had an early bath and to bed and as yet, we haven't heard a sound. Fingers crossed she sails through the next couple of weeks without any reaction to them.

I missed the updates on this. Good choices Linda. Braised lamb sound really nice. As long as it was lean I reckon not a problem at all. Love the `tweaked` bread. Crumpet and lemon curd, mmmm. Glad you got the wrong day.

Maybe your hair will have lightened a little by the time you have your meet this weekend. Just continue with the Slap. xx

I agree with Doreen, good food choices, shame about your hubby's meal though. I have had something far naughtier on crumpets today, pics on my diary in a bit! Giggled at 'the slap' comments. :)

Spent 1 hour weeding, mostly bending over. Neighbour passed me over a coffee bless her. Still absolutely loads to do but am having a couple of hours break then will go and do some more.
Hope your days going ok girlies.

Its lovely to get out in the garden. I know weeding isn't exactly fun but it is quite satisfying when you can look later and see it looking nice and tidy. That was kind of your neighbour and I bet it was much appreciated. I often can't be bothered to stop and go and make a drink when I'm gardening and go for too long with one. Don't overdo it though, break up the weeding with some lighter tasks or just sit and admire your handiwork :)

I've had a lovely day out with the girls and Millie, some very naughty food though! xx

So lovely to hear from you Linda. These hospital appointments always seem to take ages to come through. If deemed necessary your GP can always chase it up for you. Hope it is not much longer.

I didn`t do anymore weeding after that hour. It is really bad and was hard. Going back out in the morning.

Well done on more body magic Doreen- - yes lots to do in the garden this time of year! Hope everyone's had a good day - will catch up on other news later.

Not long got back in - been shopping, quick trim of my fringe - my hairdresser seems to get booked for weeks - so could only do my fringe today! Then picked Pops up from school etc etc!

Very chuffed to have weighed in 6lbs lighter this week! Think a lot of that will be water - but numbers look better and it's made me feel more confident regarding my relationship with food!!

Here's what I've had - decided to enjoy what I eat and have some treats - think I'll copy others and countdown syns from 105 - will syn them in after I've sorted the meal and maybe a bit of gardening xx

D: that potato layer thing HEB - loads left! gammon and salad, tiny slice of treacle tart ?? and ice cream ??

Woohoo, SIX lbs off.... that's fantastic!! Well done Twinny, I can only hope for about half of that NEXT week if I can stick to plan, I never lose that much in one go. Really, really pleased for you and you deserve your (synned) treats today. I must get some gammon, that's twice today I've heard it mentioned and I really fancy it now.
You are inspiring me lots, as of Friday I really want to get back on plan properly, I've actually had enough of carrying around an extra half stone plus and especially this week, as totm has arrived, I feel really heavy and so fat, much more so than I did a couple of months ago when I was this same weight, before losing it, if you see what I mean. I think its all settled around my tummy and is spilling over my jeans, most uncomfortable.
So, inspired by you all, roll on Friday.
Enjoy your evening and don't get tooooo carried away on the treats, good idea with the weekly syns, I think. xx

Tuesday 21st April

hexa milk. hexb 2 bread

B: 2 toast. 2 eggs. 1/2 tin beans. mushrooms. 2 toast
L: Ham sarni after garden with tomato.
S: 2 satsumas.
D: Beef & carrot casserole. Boiled spuds with parsnip, broccoli. cauli, and processed peas.
Frozen berries and sweetener and ginger tea.

5 syns today.

Wow bighead what a fantastic loss for you. I couldn`t be happier - unless it was my loss of course. Well done. Pleased as punch I bet you are. That potato layer thing sound interesting. :)

I'd love to lose that in one go! She's done well, hasn't she? I agree re the potato layer thing, will have to go back and find that recipe, as I need to meal plan as of Friday. x

So lovely to hear from you Linda. These hospital appointments always seem to take ages to come through. If deemed necessary your GP can always chase it up for you. Hope it is not much longer.

I didn`t do anymore weeding after that hour. It is really bad and was hard. Going back out in the morning.

Thanks Doreen. That particular GP is normally very good, and seems interested to hear what the hospital have to say, so she'll get back to him if it doesn't arrive by the end of next week, for sure.

Glad you didn't do more weeding, its hard on the back, the knees and the fingers too, I find, though these days I have to limit my times because of my joint problems or I knock myself out for days.
What kind of weeds are they? Annual seeded weeds or more persistent things? In our old garden I had a constant battle with weeds coming through from next door and there was a lot of bindweed, which is a devil to get rid of, also lots of couch grass, again, the only way to really get rid of that was very painstakingly digging up the plants infested with it and separate the roots. Laborious but paid off in the end. I'm pleased to find that in this garden there are actually very few weeds and I try to be careful with new plants, not to 'import' them with new plants.
Little and often is a good way to do it, and do some of the nicer jobs, like planting or deadheading in between. xx

Some really lovely posts there. So Lovely to hear from Linda C. You do sound so much more upbeat. It is nice to have you `home`. xxx

Hope you got up ok this morning Kathy and that you are enjoying being back with all the children.

Linda U my syns went up by 5.1/2 as I was hungry in the evening and had a sandwich with 2 slices, little mayo & some ham. Therefore 6.1/2 for the day. But still well within. I think I should post my food the next morning rather than having to change it. I reckon getting up so early with that 5.30 breakfast didn`t help. Mind you I always want to eat in the evenings. Goes back to when I was a child I reckon. We used to sit and watch ` The Count of Montie Cristo ` with snacks and lemonade.

The yogurt I had was co-op low fat. It was 6g per 100 as opposed to 9g per 100 on the fat free. Just a little difference but will look around when out and see if I can find a lower one.

Glad you and Poppy enjoyed your meals. Lovely for Poppy to go with you. Shame about hubby`s food. Healthy choices for you too is good. Well done :).

Not much planned for today, just put the washing on, in fact I think it has finished now, so will hang it out in this lovely sunshine. I have got a lot of weeding to do ........ not my favourite job but it is getting bad. I have more time now so no excuses. So weeding later this morning.

Have a good day all. Hope it is as sunny where you are as it is here.

Yes sunny here too - aren't we lucky? I'm the same with eating in the evenings - I'm usually busy during the day but when I sat down at night - I'm on the chomp!!

Thanks - yes very pleased - the potato thing was good - I'll send you the link to the recipe (and anyone else who wants it) by private message as we're not supposed to post links here are we?

Woohoo, SIX lbs off.... that's fantastic!! Well done Twinny, I can only hope for about half of that NEXT week if I can stick to plan, I never lose that much in one go. Really, really pleased for you and you deserve your (synned) treats today. I must get some gammon, that's twice today I've heard it mentioned and I really fancy it now.
You are inspiring me lots, as of Friday I really want to get back on plan properly, I've actually had enough of carrying around an extra half stone plus and especially this week, as totm has arrived, I feel really heavy and so fat, much more so than I did a couple of months ago when I was this same weight, before losing it, if you see what I mean. I think its all settled around my tummy and is spilling over my jeans, most uncomfortable.
Enjoy your evening and don't get tooooo carried away on the treats, good idea with the weekly syns, I think. xx

Thanks - glad you're ready to get back on plan too - and I think we all feel better eating on plan don't we? Good luck and you know you can count on our support and the occasional loan of a line if/when needed xx

EDITED SYNS/FOOD

Here's what I've had - decided to enjoy what I eat and have some treats - think I'll copy others and countdown syns from 105 - will syn them in after !!I've sorted the meal and maybe a bit of gardening xx

D: that potato layer thing HEB - loads left! gammon and salad, tiny slice of treacle tart 6 SYNS and ice cream 8 SYNS

24 SYNS OUT OF 105 - TOO MANY BUT I WILL STAY UNDER 105 THIS WEEK!

Last edited:

Hope you got up ok this morning Kathy and that you are enjoying being back with all the children.

Linda U my syns went up by 5.1/2 as I was hungry in the evening and had a sandwich with 2 slices, little mayo & some ham. Therefore 6.1/2 for the day. But still well within. I think I should post my food the next morning rather than having to change it. I reckon getting up so early with that 5.30 breakfast didn`t help. Mind you I always want to eat in the evenings. Goes back to when I was a child I reckon. We used to sit and watch ` The Count of Montie Cristo ` with snacks and lemonade.

The yogurt I had was co-op low fat. It was 6g per 100 as opposed to 9g per 100 on the fat free. Just a little difference but will look around when out and see if I can find a lower one.

Glad you and Poppy enjoyed your meals. Lovely for Poppy to go with you. Shame about hubby`s food. Healthy choices for you too is good. Well done :).

Not much planned for today, just put the washing on, in fact I think it has finished now, so will hang it out in this lovely sunshine. I have got a lot of weeding to do ........ not my favourite job but it is getting bad. I have more time now so no excuses. So weeding later this morning.

Have a good day all. Hope it is as sunny where you are as it is here but it does make those naughty weeds grow ;) xx.

Yes it will lighten in time - and will wash it with a reddish wash in/wash out colour shampoo - let's just hope it won't turn green hee-hee! xx

Thank you - yes really pleased but still 4 to lose to get back where I was 3 weeks ago - truly upndown! Yes everyone likes that potato dish - it's called boulangere and the recipe is for 1.5 kg with onions, butter, sage leaves, pepper & salt - I replace butter with spray oil and dried sage - but I should have halved or quartered the quantities - but it's lasted a few meals - hubby's taken it to work for lunches and there's still a bit left! If you'd like the recipe (or anyone else) I'll private message you as we're not supposed to send web links here are we? xx

Thanks Twinny.... I'm looking forward to hearing about your weigh in result!

Thanks Doreen.... I shall be happier when Lucy has taken Millie to see the consultant and its been investigated. Millie has seemed a little better today but she was coughing a lot early evening yesterday, after she was in bed and several times Lucy jumped up to go and check as it sounded like she was sick, happily she wasn't. Its heart rending hearing her though, and watching her if you're in the room, her whole body shakes with it. I'm sure her chest/ribs must ache, I know mine do if I've had a cough for a week or two, let alone like this. She has eaten better again today, and its staying in, so hopefully she'll regain a little weight now. Funny really that we're all trying to lose it and we need her to gain some! She had her MMR immunisations today, poor soul, three separate injections but apparently she barely flinched with the first, just gave a little yelp at the second and pulled herself round so Lucy could cuddle her but on the third one she did cry a little. She soon cheered up though and a couple of mins later was cheekily pushing her hand onto the scales to make them move. She was very tired this evening as her appointment meant she missed her afternoon nap, so had an early bath and to bed and as yet, we haven't heard a sound. Fingers crossed she sails through the next couple of weeks without any reaction to them.

I agree with Doreen, good food choices, shame about your hubby's meal though. I have had something far naughtier on crumpets today, pics on my diary in a bit! Giggled at 'the slap' comments. :)

I'm gardening and go for too long with one. Don't overdo it though, break up the weeding with some lighter tasks or just sit and admire your handiwork :)

I've had a lovely day out with the girls and Millie, some very naughty food though! xx

You'd probably have giggled even more if you'd seen how much make up I had on :rolleyes:

Poor little Millie - she's going thro it isn't she - and she sounds so good natured (like her Nanny!) let's hope she's now gaining the weight and the appointment comes thro soon. I'm glad you've had a good day out and enjoyed some nice food. xx

ll done Twinny, I can only hope for about half of that NEXT week if I can stick to plan, I never lose that much in one go. Really, really pleased for you and you deserve your (synned) treats today. I must get some gammon, that's twice today I've heard it mentioned and I really fancy it now.
Enjoy your evening and don't get tooooo carried away on the treats, good idea with the weekly syns, I think. xx[/QUOTE]

You'd probably have giggled even more if you'd seen how much make up I had on :rolleyes:

Poor little Millie - she's going thro it isn't she - and she sounds so good natured (like her Nanny!) let's hope she's now gaining the weight and the appointment comes thro soon. I'm glad you've had a good day out and enjoyed some nice food. Know what you mean about carrying the extra weight - I still feel flabbier - so that extra 4lbs needs to go and just hope it goes from the right places - or re-adjusts itself over time!! I'm sure you'll get back on from Friday - keep posting and we'll do all we can to keep you on track - and you know everyone's happy to share the lines if you have the occasional slip up! xx

Yes I would like it too. I see links all over the place on minis but maybe a PM or e-mail as you say may be best.

By the way Linda C my weeds are lots of thick grass, that is probably because the area was grass originally and roots of plants that have been there previously. I had decided to do each part that I weed really well so there should not be too much going back on it. Having to use a garden fork they are so bad.
I think really it is because it never got done thoroughly last year and am late starting this mostly because of the babysitting. Not having to do so much now.
I don`t mind doing it as it makes the day go past and having so many at home now I keep more up to date.
We have just had a power cut for 1/2 an hour. Luckily my laptop was charged up so I was playing solitaire.

Definitely short bursts then Nanny D, as that is quite hard work, we aren't as young as we once were and our bodies need regular breaks or they complain! Well, mine complains anyway lol but I'm stubborn and won't give up gardening until I cant even crawl out there! Our garden really is very dry, and on clay soil that means cracks are already appearing and digging is hard work. We actually, dare I say it, need some gentle rain.... not too much mind and I'll moan when the lovely weather stops but for the sake of the garden, we do need some.
Boo to power cut but lucky you had battery and could find something to do.
I'm off to bed, busy day tomorrow in London, so need some sleep, fingers crossed. Catch you soon xx

Tuesday 21st April

hexa milk. hexb 2 bread

B: 2 toast. 2 eggs. 1/2 tin beans. mushrooms. 2 toast
L: Ham sarni after garden with tomato.
S: 2 satsumas.
D: Beef & carrot casserole. Boiled spuds with parsnip, broccoli. cauli, and processed peas.
Frozen berries and sweetener and ginger tea.

5 syns today.

updated. 3 light emmental triangle cheeses 4.1/2
2 bread 5.

9.1/2 + 5 = 14.1/2

Huh eating in the evening again. Must stop it.

This morning I have done some more gardening, well big weeding and dug in some new soil into what I have done. I have been up the dump with some gear from the garden that needed to be got rid of. Bit more body magic loading in and out of the car I guess. Just having lunch, soup banana & lemon & ginger tea.

Did some more this afternoon and cut the grass again. It is looking better but still some ways to go yet. The only reason I went out this afternoon was because the weather is apparently going to change tomorrow. Cloudy but not rain until Friday.

I actually sat and watered the garden earlier. Not so much the plants, which are mostly roses now, but the earth I am going to be digging tomorrow.

Guys coming to put new front and back doors on at 8amish so I will do some while they are working and keep out of their way.

Sitting down for coffee now then will `think` about doing some dinner.

Last edited:
This is my food for today. I am going to do my best not to eat anything else tonight. Will have either a coffee or a fruit tea.
I am tired and have to be up, showered and fed by 8am for the workmen.

Wednesday 22nd April

hexa milk. hexb 2 bread

B: 2 bacon, 2 eggs, mushrooms & tomato. 2 toast. Coffee.
L: bns/carrot soup, banana x 2. coffee mullerlight.
D: chicken thighs, boiled spud, cauli & broccoli & triangle cheese,(1 syn) processed peas 1/2 tin. Gravy grans (2 syns)

Frozen berries Yogurt (1.1/2 syns)

4.1/2 syns

Back