NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

This is my food for today. I am going to do my best not to eat anything else tonight. Will have either a coffee or a fruit tea.
I am tired and have to be up, showered and fed by 8am for the workmen.

Wednesday 22nd April

hexa milk. hexb 2 bread

B: 2 bacon, 2 eggs, mushrooms & tomato. 2 toast. Coffee.
L: bns/carrot soup, banana x 2. coffee mullerlight.
D: chicken thighs, boiled spud, cauli & broccoli & triangle cheese,(1 syn) processed peas 1/2 tin. Gravy grans (2 syns)

Frozen berries Yogurt (1.1/2 syns)

4.1/2 syns

A great day Doreen - hope it ended there - it's hard in the evenings sometimes isn't it? At least you're low enough to have something if you need it! xx

Huh eating in the evening again. Must stop it.

This morning I have done some more gardening, well big weeding and dug in some new soil into what I have done. I have been up the dump with some gear from the garden that needed to be got rid of. Bit more body magic loading in and out of the car I guess. Just having lunch, soup banana & lemon & ginger tea.

Did some more this afternoon and cut the grass again. It is looking better but still some ways to go yet. The only reason I went out this afternoon was because the weather is apparently going to change tomorrow. Cloudy but not rain until Friday.

I actually sat and watered the garden earlier. Not so much the plants, which are mostly roses now, but the earth I am going to be digging tomorrow.

Guys coming to put new front and back doors on at 8amish so I will do some while they are working and keep out of their way.

Sitting down for coffee now then will `think` about doing some dinner.

Well Doreen - you're very busy and burning off lots I'm sure - I love gardening as you know - but even tho' you don't - hope you're getting some satisfaction out of having a neater garden? xx

Definitely short bursts then Nanny D, as that is quite hard work, we aren't as young as we once were and our bodies need regular breaks or they complain! Well, mine complains anyway lol but I'm stubborn and won't give up gardening until I cant even crawl out there! Our garden really is very dry, and on clay soil that means cracks are already appearing and digging is hard work. We actually, dare I say it, need some gentle rain.... not too much mind and I'll moan when the lovely weather stops but for the sake of the garden, we do need some.
Boo to power cut but lucky you had battery and could find something to do.
I'm off to bed, busy day tomorrow in London, so need some sleep, fingers crossed. Catch you soon xx

Yes I can imagine you don't give up easily Linda! Enjoy London xx

Hope you've all had a good day. Well I'm very late tonight - another busy day - hubby took a day off today at short notice - cos his car was collected by the garage for repair after the accident. I'd arranged to meet a friend for coffee and as she's been thro a difficult time lately I didn't like to cancel - he's very easy going - so was happy to do a few jobs whilst I was out - then when I got back he suggested we had lunch at the pub - to be honest the first thing I thought - was oh no - more temptation!

But didn't like to disappoint him - he had a steak sandwich with a few chips - you'll see mine was a bit boring but we had a nice chat & a chill so it was well worth going.

After that I went in the garden and forked over part of my small veg garden, so a bit of body magic plus we walked to the pub in the sun. Here's my food:

GREEN DAY (only realised it could be green when I typed up my food - so it saved me syns on the extra cheese/bread - yay!)

B: 2 boiled eggs, an apple
L: Cheese sandwich & salad (wholemeal this time ;) ) with a handful of crisps 2.5 syns?
2 slices of wholemeal bread - will say 2 HEBs, cheese 2 HEAs) I asked for no butter on bread, no pickle or salad dressing - I quite like vinegar on salad. Coffee (part of the HEAs) for the brownie 4 syns?? again.
D: 3 egg onion omelette with salad - didn't feel like cooking much! Luckily hubby was happy to have the last of the cottage pie base and that boulanger thing (I've sent a PM with recipe link to Doreen, Linda, Kathy and Bubble). Grapes and a banana
Snack: apple and pear

Syns = 6.5 syns
- wanted to have low syns today after yesterday's treats - had more than I wanted but could have been a lot worse with coffee (altho I had a fruit tea :rolleyes:) and lunch out!

Total syns - 30/105 xx

Last edited:
Very good day. Good idea to do it as a green day. I have been to bed once but could not sleep. This always happens when I have to get up. Never mind, I can have an earlier night tomorrow.

Thanks for the potato thingy..

Very good day. Good idea to do it as a green day. I have been to bed once but could not sleep. This always happens when I have to get up. Never mind, I can have an earlier night tomorrow.

Thanks for the potato thingy..

Thanks - sorry you can't sleep - do you ever read to help? I'm yawning now - so off to bed xx

Hope you've all had a good day. Well I'm very late tonight - another busy day - hubby took a day off today at short notice - cos his car was collected by the garage for repair after the accident. I'd arranged to meet a friend for coffee and as she's been thro a difficult time lately I didn't like to cancel - he's very easy going - so was happy to do a few jobs whilst I was out - then when I got back he suggested we had lunch at the pub - to be honest the first thing I thought - was oh no - more temptation!

But didn't like to disappoint him - he had a steak sandwich with a few chips - you'll see mine was a bit boring but we had a nice chat & a chill so it was well worth going.

After that I went in the garden and forked over part of my small veg garden, so a bit of body magic plus we walked to the pub in the sun. Here's my food:

GREEN DAY (only realised it could be green when I typed up my food - so it saved me syns on the extra cheese/bread - yay!)

B: 2 boiled eggs, an apple
L: Cheese sandwich & salad (wholemeal this time ;) ) with a handful of crisps 2.5 syns?
2 slices of wholemeal bread - will say 2 HEBs, cheese 2 HEAs) I asked for no butter on bread, no pickle or salad dressing - I quite like vinegar on salad. Coffee (part of the HEAs) for the brownie 4 syns?? again.
D: 3 egg onion omelette with salad - didn't feel like cooking much! Luckily hubby was happy to have the last of the cottage pie base and that boulanger thing (I've sent a PM with recipe link to Doreen, Linda, Kathy and Bubble). Grapes and a banana
Snack: apple and pear

Syns = 6.5 syns
- wanted to have low syns today after yesterday's treats - had more than I wanted but could have been a lot worse with coffee (altho I had a fruit tea :rolleyes:) and lunch out!

Total syns - 30/105 xx

Linda it sounds as though you have a really hubby. Doing the jobs while you were out with a friend is great. and then to take you to the pub for lunch. Lovely man. Good for you with body magic too.
Got the workmen here at the moment, don`t they make a lot of noise. Lovely guys from up North, so friendly.
I am still 2lb up on what I was last week. I am going over some of my old food plans to see what I was doing when I was losing. I have them all separate from this thread so they are easy to find. I have so much spare time I am going to write them in a book and study them.
Will still get weighed tomorrow as usual then I am going to see my niece-in-law where my brother lives so I can touch base with him. Hope it goes ok.
Talk again later.

Morning Ladies - hope you're all well - morning will start with SW cooking - for tonight, 2moro and preparing for the weekend - have I mentioned I'm going to Birmingham on Sat on a Minis meet - I've met several of the lovely Minis girls before but this time there will be a few I don't know - looking forward to it!

Making the most of the weather to sort the garden out too - expect Doreen will be too - I'm sure Linda C will be enjoying herself in the 'smoke', Kathy's quiet - hope she's enjoying herself and not too busy? Bubble will pop over to you - you've had a good week and hope that's making you feel good! My food plan:

B: 2 boiled eggs - I'll be clucking soon - but enjoying my brekkies lately and eggs are quick and seem to keep me satisfied till lunch time - a pear
L: herb omelette!! and salad and fruit salad
D: Kathy's Easy chicken & chorizo pasta - maybe a Freddo or a lowish syn treat
Snacks: fruit

Morning Ladies ... Linda I have a diary now in the silver section ..hope to see you there x

Oooh - will take a peek - know you'll be happy to welcome Doreen, Kathy and Bubble if they fancy finding out all about you lol! xx

I still haven`t had chorizo chicken. Must do it very soon.

Hello - Taking a well deserved break from the gardening Doreen - yep try it - I find it very tasty and seems like a SW luxury cos of the chorizo! xxx

EDITED FOOD IN BOLD : Morning Ladies - hope you're all well - morning will start with SW cooking - for tonight, 2moro and preparing for the weekend - have I mentioned I'm going to Birmingham on Sat on a Minis meet - I've met several of the lovely Minis girls before but this time there will be a few I don't know - looking forward to it!

Making the most of the weather to sort the garden out too - expect Doreen will be too - I'm sure Linda C will be enjoying herself in the 'smoke', Kathy's quiet - hope she's enjoying herself and not too busy? Bubble will pop over to you - you've had a good week and hope that's making you feel good! My food plan:

B: 2 boiled eggs - I'll be clucking soon - but enjoying my brekkies lately and eggs are quick and seem to keep me satisfied till lunch time - a pear
L: Carrot and coriander soup and fruit salad
D: Kathy's Easy chicken & chorizo pasta - may have a sprinkle of cheese HEA? I'll add syns later - maybe a Freddo or a lowish syn treat
Snacks: hi fi bar - HEB, fruit

Know what you mean Doreen, about post posting our food early - I copied you cos I thought it was a good idea - I feel if I've posted it - I'll stay on plan even if I change my food - works most of the time ;) so going to carry on - love from Copycat xx

Are you reading Copycat .......My food for today. Have had loads coffee with the workmen but used my measured milk for mine.
I hope I don`t have anything else. I have the usual stuff in the chilli, toms, onions & kidney beans but thought I would add some carrots for a bit more speed so I won`t feel guilty having a bigger portion of rice.

Weigh in tomorrow. My scales still say I have put on. I am going to sit down at some point Fri/Sat to do a bit of planning and cook some meals for the freezer. Gonna get some jacket size spuds and cook them in the slow cooker then freeze them. I never seem to find the time to have jacket spuds. The mushroom thing I had lunchtime would be lovely in a jacket spud.

Thursday 23rd April

hexa 1% milk. hexb 2 bread

B: Egg mayo (1) on 2 slices.
S: pear.
L: Creamy curried mushrooms.(1.1/2) pear.
D: chilli con carni & rice. With extra carrots for speed.

Syns for today 2.1/2 + 4 = 6.1/2

plus 4 for 25ml baileys.

Last edited:
Hi Ladies! Sorry - disappeared off the radar yesterday. :) Tbh, I was absolutely shattered so, by the time I'd been to work, come home and cooked and done a bit of washing, watched the soaps, I was just ready for bed. I noticed Linda U mentioning to you, Doreen, about reading in bed. I find now I can't sleep, no matter how tired I am, unless I've done a bit of reading. Sometimes, it's only a page or two but it usually helps. Probably just psychological!

Thanks so much for the recipe, Linda. Sounds very tasty! Absolutely well done too, on that amazing loss of 6 lbs!!!!!!!!! :O Brilliant! Probably with all the gardening you've been doing too, you can get away with those lovely treats you had! What a lovely husband, taking you out for a pub lunch. Great that it fitted into a Green Day well. :) I bet you're looking forward to the Mini's Meet on Saturday. Should be great fun.

Glad you're feeling like joining us again, Linda C. With Linda U for inspiration, you can't really go far wrong! :D Sorry to hear about your little grand-daughter though. I really hope she gets sorted out very soon. Poor little thing - having to have the MMR injections on top of everything else too! :( Hope you've had a fab time in London!

Well, Doreen, it sounds like you could give Alan Titchmarsh a run for his money at the moment! I really hope you do get a loss this week, what with all the body magic you've been doing. Your food plan's looking pretty good too! I didn't realise you could do jacket potatoes in the slow cooker. Mini's is definitely a fount of knowledgeable information!

We've been celebrating St. George's Day at school today so lots of the children and some of the staff dressed up. I wore a white wig, with a red cross through it, for most of the day. Well, until we went out to play rounders in the sunshine, then I thought it was taking it a bit too far! :D Lots of the children were laughing at me but, as I was walking through the library area this afternoon, there was a little autistic boy sitting there and he just looked up at me, as he normally does and said, 'Hello, Mrs. Everitt', as if it was the most normal thing in the world to see me with this hideous wig on! You really had to be there - it was so funny and droll! Honestly, I don't usually look like that! :D

Right, I'm off to cook tea now. We're having salmon fillets with new potatoes and petit pois. We'll actually be able to eat by 8 o'clock tonight, instead of nearer 9, as Pete is finishing a bit earlier.

Hi, to Bubble too and anyone else I've missed out. Have a lovely evening. :) xx

What a lovely newsy post Kathy. Would have loved to see a photo of you with that wig on.

Unfortunately I am sure there will be no loss for me. I am still going to weigh tomorrow, could leave it till Saturday but no point really. I am prepared for it anyway.

When I have done the jackets in the slow cooker, when I thaw them out I stick them under a hot grill to crisp them up. Mind you that can be done if you microwave a jacket. I`ve not done it for a long time but will over the weekend. Gonna have a cook up;..... Hey Linda, I said a COOK UP.:D

Are you reading Copycat .......My food for today. Have had loads coffee with the workmen but used my measured milk for mine.
I hope I don`t have anything else. I have the usual stuff in the chilli, toms, onions & kidney beans but thought I would add some carrots for a bit more speed so I won`t feel guilty having a bigger portion of rice.

Weigh in tomorrow. My scales still say I have put on. I am going to sit down at some point Fri/Sat to do a bit of planning and cook some meals for the freezer. Gonna get some jacket size spuds and cook them in the slow cooker then freeze them. I never seem to find the time to have jacket spuds. The mushroom thing I had lunchtime would be lovely in a jacket spud.

Thursday 23rd April

hexa 1% milk. hexb 2 bread

B: Egg mayo (1) on 2 slices.
S: pear.
L: Creamy curried mushrooms.(1.1/2) pear.
D: chilli con carni & rice. With extra carrots for speed.

Syns for today 2.1/2.

Yes I'm reading Ma'am :) perhaps a bit later than you expected and I would like!! Another busy day - my hubby thinks I'm bonkers being so busy (I took voluntary redundancy almost 3 years ago but haven't slowed down!) but I like to fill my days.

A great day's tasty food - very low syns too - I hope that gain disappears by the morning - wear your lightest clothes inc undies for your WI!! Good idea to freeze baked potatoes - like Kathy I've never done them in the slow cooker - another good idea - much cheaper on fuel too! How long do you do them for - and do you defrost them or cook from frozen? And do you cook them in the micro or oven - I suppose they'll be like the McCain frozen baked pots - never tried those either. But will do them as they'd be very handy to have in.

I think you'll all like this little tale - Poppy went to a friends for tea straight after school yesterday - and when I picked her up from school today she gave me an almighty hug and lots of kisses and told me that during a lesson yesterday afternoon she realised she wouldn't see me that day and felt sad and wrote this on a scrap of paper "My Naini (welsh for Nanny) is awesome and I'm missing her" - isn't that sweet and she was very clingy today too and wanted to stay the night!

I was tired tonight by dinner time - so just had a small portion of Kathy's Easy chicken and chorizo pasta - and it satisfied me and very tasty - I added some fresh oregano from the garden as I love it and thought it wd go well with the tomatoes.

STOP PRESS!! I have found the best quark I've ever tasted (after several years) it was dryish (none of that whey/water) I bought it from the Co-op and will be buying it again for sure. I sweetened it, added vanilla extract and had it with a few raspberries - delish!! xx

Hi Ladies! Sorry - disappeared off the radar yesterday. :) Tbh, I was absolutely shattered so, by the time I'd been to work, come home and cooked and done a bit of washing, watched the soaps, I was just ready for bed. I noticed Linda U mentioning to you, Doreen, about reading in bed. I find now I can't sleep, no matter how tired I am, unless I've done a bit of reading. Sometimes, it's only a page or two but it usually helps. Probably just psychological!

Thanks so much for the recipe, Linda. Sounds very tasty! Absolutely well done too, on that amazing loss of 6 lbs!!!!!!!!! :O Brilliant! Probably with all the gardening you've been doing too, you can get away with those lovely treats you had! What a lovely husband, taking you out for a pub lunch. Great that it fitted into a Green Day well. :) I bet you're looking forward to the Mini's Meet on Saturday. Should be great fun.

Glad you're feeling like joining us again, Linda C. With Linda U for inspiration, you can't really go far wrong! :D Sorry to hear about your little grand-daughter though. I really hope she gets sorted out very soon. Poor little thing - having to have the MMR injections on top of everything else too! :( Hope you've had a fab time in London!

Well, Doreen, it sounds like you could give Alan Titchmarsh a run for his money at the moment! I really hope you do get a loss this week, what with all the body magic you've been doing. Your food plan's looking pretty good too! I didn't realise you could do jacket potatoes in the slow cooker. Mini's is definitely a fount of knowledgeable information!

We've been celebrating St. George's Day at school today so lots of the children and some of the staff dressed up. I wore a white wig, with a red cross through it, for most of the day. Well, until we went out to play rounders in the sunshine, then I thought it was taking it a bit too far! :D Lots of the children were laughing at me but, as I was walking through the library area this afternoon, there was a little autistic boy sitting there and he just looked up at me, as he normally does and said, 'Hello, Mrs. Everitt', as if it was the most normal thing in the world to see me with this hideous wig on! You really had to be there - it was so funny and droll! Honestly, I don't usually look like that! :D

Right, I'm off to cook tea now. We're having salmon fillets with new potatoes and petit pois. We'll actually be able to eat by 8 o'clock tonight, instead of nearer 9, as Pete is finishing a bit earlier.

Hi, to Bubble too and anyone else I've missed out. Have a lovely evening. :) xx

Not surprised you were so tired - you have early starts and I'm sure your job is very demanding plus running the home too! Good to see you posting today and glad you had your dinner a little earlier tonight.

I smiled at your story about the autistic boy - very droll as you say! xx

Last edited:
What a lovely newsy post Kathy. Would have loved to see a photo of you with that wig on.

Unfortunately I am sure there will be no loss for me. I am still going to weigh tomorrow, could leave it till Saturday but no point really. I am prepared for it anyway.

When I have done the jackets in the slow cooker, when I thaw them out I stick them under a hot grill to crisp them up. Mind you that can be done if you microwave a jacket. I`ve not done it for a long time but will over the weekend. Gonna have a cook up;..... Hey Linda, I said a COOK UP.:D

Ok, Ok - how did you think I'd read that - pause for a little thought - got it now - you saucy lady!! Only joking - 'got it' straight away - so we must be a saucy pair together! I do hope you get a loss even if it's a tiny one - if not - know you'll plan, plan, plan your way to a loss next week - good luck and good on you for going 2moro instead of Sat too! :)xx

Last edited:
MORE EDITS FOOD IN BOLD :

L: Carrot and coriander soup and a big fruit salad
D: Kathy's Easy chicken & chorizo pasta - 1 syn's worth of chorizo - 1 thin slice (I cut all the slices into 4 ) grated cheese HEA, sweetened quark, vanilla extract, raspberries

Snacks: hi fi bar - HEB, nectacrine, 2 apples

Had lots of fruit and veg today - feel a bit bloated - hope that's the only side effect ;) - Doreen you're not the only saucy one
:rolleyes: xx

Just a quickie as have to get ready for SW and am up later than I wished due in no small part to the 1/2 bottle of Baileys I had in my coffee. :eek: It`s ok really it was a 50ml bottle so was only 4 syns. Forgot it was in the cupboard.

Will catch up on posts later.

Just a quickie as have to get ready for SW and am up later than I wished due in no small part to the 1/2 bottle of Baileys I had in my coffee. :eek: It`s ok really it was a 50ml bottle so was only 4 syns. Forgot it was in the cupboard.

Will catch up on posts later.

Oooh a posh coffee and a night's sleep - well worth it for 4 syns - hope you make SW on time and I'm crossing everything you'll have a loss even it's a tiny one - good luck xx

Popped in to check on your progress Doreen - hope you're having fun somewhere - I'm off out shortly - will call again!!xx

Back