NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

Kathy, if you see this, hope you have a lovely day with your teaching assistant friends tomorrow and enjoy that salmon and salad, sounds yummy to me.

Twinny.... hope your tum is soon much better, how horrid after such a lovely weekend, I too wonder whether its connected or just one of those things. Whatever, get well soon lovely.
Life has gone hectic here, I'm having a bit of a sit down while I can, then have things to organise for tomorrow and then an early night, as I have a couple of really manic days coming up. Take care please, will pop in tomorrow evening if I can xxx

Thanks, Linda. I'm sure it'll be lovely, if not a little rushed, as we only have half an hour for lunch. :) Hope things go well with the move and you don't get too exhausted. xx

Oh no - have you take some painkillers too - guess the antibiotics might take a few doses to clear the infection - poor you - hope you were able to eat something and that you'll have a peaceful night - take care xx

I think a few were 1st timers to Brum - some lived locally and others had visited previously - there were 12 of us in all - as the meet is intended for us to get to know one another (surprisingly we talk a lot about all sorts of things but we're not focussed on food chat!) so we sit and have a chat in coffee shops and the like - we had lunch - then booked into the hotel - then more chat and drinks - once the sun's over the yardarm some of us might partake of a snifter or two! Then we went to Jimmy Spices for a meal - it was an Asian/British/American fusion restaurant - where you paid a fixed price for a self serve buffet - there was something for every taste and you could have stayed on plan if you wanted - not sure if anyone managed that tho' - I really enjoy the desserts! Then we went on to Jools Holland night club/bar - there was a live music night - I went home fairly early as I'd been up early and was shattered - in the morning had a little tootle thro the city on the way to the station - we had coffee/lunch - then headed home!

You sound very focussed on SW and well prepared for the 60th celebration 2moro - hope it goes well. xx

Lovely to have you popping in - Doreen will be sorry to have missed you - still feeling a bit yuck but up and about! Hope you've had a good on plan day? xx

Sounds like you had an amazing time! Food, night-club, hotel, friends - what could be better? So glad you enjoyed it.

Thanks, I'm sure the buffet will go well. Off to bed now. Hope you feel better in the morning and you manage to sleep well. xx

10556312_10204064196586613_3979976215638026574_n.jpg

My son Andy from New Zealand and myself at wedding last July.

Gorgeous photo, Doreen! At last, I get to see the famous lady herself!! :D What a lovely, kind son too! Sleep well and hope you're much better by tomorrow. Love and hugs to you. xxxooo

Thank you Kathy. I was hoping to put it as an avatar but cannot do it.

I am feeling quite a lot better today. Decided to take an extra pill with a banana. It still hurts but I am not in agony thank goodness.
I find the more I move about the more it hurts. Actually it feels like I have been punched in the jaw.

Well a quick bite now so I can take another pill. Then pop to co-op for yogurt & a couple of bananas.

Last edited:
10556312_10204064196586613_3979976215638026574_n.jpg

My son Andy from New Zealand and myself at wedding last July.

That's a lovely photo Doreen - you're looking very glam!! I wonder if someone could help you to put that on as your avatar - it'd make a good one!! xx

Thank you Kathy. I was hoping to put it as an avatar but cannot do it.

I am feeling quite a lot better today. Decided to take an extra pill with a banana. It still hurts but I am not in agony thank goodness.
I find the more I move about the more it hurts. Actually it feels like I have been punched in the jaw.

Well a quick bite now so I can take another pill. Then pop to co-op for yogurt & a couple of bananas.

Good to read that you're no longer in agony - hopefully that means the meds are kicking in - think the moral of that story Doreen is to sit down and rest!!!!!!! Take care xx

Hello Nanny Doreen :wavey: thought I would pop in to see you as Linda has been telling me about your lovely thread hehe!

I will have a proper read through tomorrow but in the meantime I hope the pain in your mouth eases off very quickly. It sounds awful!

Linda, hope you're feeling ok! Strange you're off colour after the weekend, I wonder if there is a connection with how Jen was on Saturday!

Hi - lovely to see you here - pity Doreen's struggling - know she'll give you her usual warm welcome when she's out of pain. Yes still feeling a bit grotty but I'm sure it'll pass soon. Hope your day goes well xx

Hi - lovely to see you here - pity Doreen's struggling - know she'll give you her usual warm welcome when she's out of pain. Yes still feeling a bit grotty but I'm sure it'll pass soon. Hope your day goes well xx

Hi room mate hehe!

Oh I know there's not much worse than tooth/mouth pain is there? I remember having excruciating ear pain and being in tears with it. I think anything in the head area is awful and not easy to cope with.

Busy day here today with one thing or another.

Hope you can take it easy xx

Hope your buffet for the 60 year old go ok. I am sure it will. My son did ring me to make sure the tablets had not affected me too much. Good lad.
I think I have taken too many painkillers, but back to normal dose now.
Sorry you got dodgy tum Linda. Hope it feeling better now.
So good to hear of your happy time at your meet. I gather there are some photos. Must look.
Thank you for the kind comments on my son Andy.

Welcome Sammy to our weird and wonder thread. xx

Tuesday 28th April

Hexa 1% milk. hexb 2 bread

B: 1/2 tin beans 5g lf cheese 2 bread. Coffee
L: egg mayo (1 syn) with tomato on 2 bread (5 syns)
S: squashed banana & yogurt.
D: spag bol with extra mushrooms. spaghetti.
Frozen fruit & Yogurt.

Drinks. fruit T`s & coffee

Notice bread not toast - nice and soft. Still cannot chew properly. Also I thought if I have long thin spaghetti I can cut it up and not have to chew .

Hopefully by the end of the day I will improve some more. Would like the earache to stop.

Nice day out there I would love to be doing some gardening.

Enjoy rest of the day ladies xx

I have spent the whole day if front of the TV. Well did get off the chair to do lunch and dinner.

Seriously though. I have rested but of course got up and down frequently - apart from visiting the bathroom --- otherwise I find that I am very stiff in my legs.

The pain has pretty much gone now, no earache or headache, just a little in my mouth I suppose as it is very swollen. Swelling of the jaw and glands still there but hope that will be gone by tomorrow so I can have two lots of teeth to eat with. TMI? One bonus is that these pills not making me feel spaced out like they do usually.

Surprising what you can eat without chewing, but I don`t think it fills you up as much.

Hope you are feeling better today Linda.

Do as you're told, Doreen and REST! Never mind, dreaming about gardening! Well, dreaming about it's ok, as long as you don't actually DO any! :) Glad your mouth pain is easing a little but wish the earache would clear off too. Hope you managed to sleep alright. Don't think I've seen you mention that anywhere.

That photo would make a good avatar, you're right. I didn't know how to do mine either so Amy did it for me, when she was home from Uni one time. As Linda says, it would be good if someone could help you to do it.

The buffet was fine, thanks. The hardest part was when I was helping to set it all out! One of the other TA's used to be a chef and she always makes gorgeous desserts. Well, today it was a cheesecake and she said it contained one and a half cartons of double cream, amongst all the other yummy ingredients! Unfortunately, it was my job to remove it from its' spring-form tin. It came out easily enough but it left quite a lot of the cheesecake stuck to the inside! Well, normally, I would have run my finger round it and licked it off but, I was very restrained and immediately ran it under the hot tap instead! :angel09: I then sat and thoroughly enjoyed my SW friendly lunch that I had taken with me. The poached salmon from Marks was absolutely delicious!! Think it all tasted better too because I hadn't broken my diet! :)

Just as I was typing this Doreen, your latest message came through! So glad you are feeling much better! Those antibiotics must be really good. Just glad they haven't made you feel spaced out too. Excellent behaviour, sitting in front of the TV! Well done!! Gold star! :)

Just hope Linda is feeling better too. xx

Well done for not running your finger around the cake tin, That must have been so hard. I am not at all sure I could have resisted. Taking your own ready meal lunch is a good idea. I used to do that sometimes when I went to haverhill.

Yes I have been resting but have been sitting around for so long have got bum ache. If it is nice tomorrow I will definitely to some gardening tomorrow. Did not do much indoors Sunday and yesterday except to meals and wash up - oh and put some washing on. But was able to hoover quickly this afternoon. I slept really well last night but not so Sunday night.
I think the tablets helped last night.

Linda is very quiet, maybe she is having a rest today. Hope she is ok.

Hope your buffet for the 60 year old go ok. I am sure it will. My son did ring me to make sure the tablets had not affected me too much. Good lad.
I think I have taken too many painkillers, but back to normal dose now.
Sorry you got dodgy tum Linda. Hope it feeling better now.
So good to hear of your happy time at your meet. I gather there are some photos. Must look.
Thank you for the kind comments on my son Andy.

Welcome Sammy to our weird and wonder thread. xx

Tuesday 28th April

Hexa 1% milk. hexb 2 bread

B: 1/2 tin beans 5g lf cheese 2 bread. Coffee
L: egg mayo (1 syn) with tomato on 2 bread (5 syns)
S: squashed banana & yogurt.
D: spag bol with extra mushrooms. spaghetti.
Frozen fruit & Yogurt.

Drinks. fruit T`s & coffee

Notice bread not toast - nice and soft. Still cannot chew properly. Also I thought if I have long thin spaghetti I can cut it up and not have to chew .

Hopefully by the end of the day I will improve some more. Would like the earache to stop.

Nice day out there I would love to be doing some gardening.

Enjoy rest of the day ladies xx

Good son cos he has a Good Mum I say!! Glad you're feeling brighter -thought at first you were saying you were normal and I thought Oh No! I won't fit in any more :eek: so I was glad to re-read that you were talking about a normal dose of painkiller hee-hee :)

I think you're amazing to be posting your food - on plan too! I hold my hand up - feel queasy has been enough for me to eat what I fancy and not keeping count - your example had made me promise myself I will be good 2moro - so thank you & don't forget to polish your halo :innocent0002: when you take it off tonight!! Hope you're well and truly on the mend now and wake up feeling even better xx

Do as you're told, Doreen and REST! Never mind, dreaming about gardening! Well, dreaming about it's ok, as long as you don't actually DO any! :) Glad your mouth pain is easing a little but wish the earache would clear off too. Hope you managed to sleep alright. Don't think I've seen you mention that anywhere.

That photo would make a good avatar, you're right. I didn't know how to do mine either so Amy did it for me, when she was home from Uni one time. As Linda says, it would be good if someone could help you to do it.

The buffet was fine, thanks. The hardest part was when I was helping to set it all out! One of the other TA's used to be a chef and she always makes gorgeous desserts. Well, today it was a cheesecake and she said it contained one and a half cartons of double cream, amongst all the other yummy ingredients! Unfortunately, it was my job to remove it from its' spring-form tin. It came out easily enough but it left quite a lot of the cheesecake stuck to the inside! Well, normally, I would have run my finger round it and licked it off but, I was very restrained and immediately ran it under the hot tap instead! :angel09: I then sat and thoroughly enjoyed my SW friendly lunch that I had taken with me. The poached salmon from Marks was absolutely delicious!! Think it all tasted better too because I hadn't broken my diet! :)

Just as I was typing this Doreen, your latest message came through! So glad you are feeling much better! Those antibiotics must be really good. Just glad they haven't made you feel spaced out too. Excellent behaviour, sitting in front of the TV! Well done!! Gold star! :)

Just hope Linda is feeling better too. xx

Well another amazing member of Team Doreen has had an exemplary day - you've done so well - I must award you with a pic too :innocent0002: if you have any spare willpower perhaps you send some my way - my halo has well and truly slipped as you may have seen. I'm still feel a bit off but that's no excuse cos Doreen's stayed true whilst she's having a much harder time than me :( xx

Well done for not running your finger around the cake tin, That must have been so hard. I am not at all sure I could have resisted. Taking your own ready meal lunch is a good idea. I used to do that sometimes when I went to haverhill.

Yes I have been resting but have been sitting around for so long have got bum ache. If it is nice tomorrow I will definitely to some gardening tomorrow. Did not do much indoors Sunday and yesterday except to meals and wash up - oh and put some washing on. But was able to hoover quickly this afternoon. I slept really well last night but not so Sunday night.
I think the tablets helped last night.

Linda is very quiet, maybe she is having a rest today. Hope she is ok.

Here I am!!! As you can see - we must have been posting at the same time - we must be psychic or perhaps just plain mental eh? Hee-Hee!! xxx

Good to hear from you, Linda! :) Sorry to hear you're still not 100% though. Don't be too hard on yourself! Must have been very difficult, surrounded by Mini's friends, having such a great time, on a little 'holiday', to stay anywhere near on plan. Yes, Doreen is very saintly, I have to admit! Still, it is her thread so she always has to set an example - don't you, Doreen?!! :D Have a good evening ladies and glad you slept well last night, Doreen. xx

Good to hear from you, Linda! :) Sorry to hear you're still not 100% though. Don't be too hard on yourself! Must have been very difficult, surrounded by Mini's friends, having such a great time, on a little 'holiday', to stay anywhere near on plan. Yes, Doreen is very saintly, I have to admit! Still, it is her thread so she always has to set an example - don't you, Doreen?!! :D Have a good evening ladies and glad you slept well last night, Doreen. xx

Yes Queen Doreen - as Kathy says you have a right royal responsibility to your subjects to set a stunningly super standard to your SW slimmers - don't try saying that until your abcess has healed!!

Funny thing is Kathy - I did pretty well whilst I was away but not so good when I started to feel groggy as I said it's no excuse tho!! xx

Good son cos he has a Good Mum I say!! Glad you're feeling brighter -thought at first you were saying you were normal and I thought Oh No! I won't fit in any more :eek: so I was glad to re-read that you were talking about a normal dose of painkiller hee-hee :)

HEE HEE SO NOT ONLY AM I AN ANGEL I AM NOT NORMAL EITHER. JUST AS WELL WE ARE TWO OF THE SAME. ;)

I think you're amazing to be posting your food - on plan too! I hold my hand up - feel queasy has been enough for me to eat what I fancy and not keeping count - your example had made me promise myself I will be good 2moro - so thank you & don't forget to polish your halo :innocent0002: when you take it off tonight!! Hope you're well and truly on the mend now and wake up feeling even better xx

.I HAVE ALREADY POLISHED MY HALO. YOUR THOUGHTS WERE MAKING MY EARS BURN AND IT TARNISHED THE HALO.

Well another amazing member of Team Doreen has had an exemplary day - you've done so well - I must award you with a pic too :innocent0002: if you have any spare willpower perhaps you send some my way - my halo has well and truly slipped as you may have seen. I'm still feel a bit off but that's no excuse cos Doreen's stayed true whilst she's having a much harder time than me :( xx

It was probably easier for me because I had to have sloppy things to be able to eat easier. That is to make you feel better because I am so good.
Here I am!!! As you can see - we must have been posting at the same time - we must be psychic or perhaps just plain mental eh? Hee-Hee!! xxx

Thanks Kathy I am sure I will. Good thing is I am not feeling tired like taking tablets tired, if you know what I mean,

Yes Queen Doreen - as Kathy says you have a right royal responsibility to your subjects to set a stunningly super standard to your SW slimmers - don't try saying that until your abcess has healed!!

Funny thing is Kathy - I did pretty well whilst I was away but not so good when I started to feel groggy as I said it's no excuse tho!! xx

I tried to say it but I was lisping through it. Queen Doreen says feeling groggy is no excuse to go off of plan. I expect a lot from my subjects. Mostly though I just want them to do the best they can and be good mini friends. Which they are.:D

So glad we are all together. Including twinny and sammy and liverbird. hope I not forgotten anyone.
Hang on where is my crown I think it fell off. Oh well back to just Doreen/ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back