NannyDoreen & Upndown's daily diaries

i ALWAYS HAVE TROUBLE WHEN I REPLY TO MORE THAN ONE POST. THAT IS WHY SOME OF IT IS IN CAPITALS.

It was probably easier for me because I had to have sloppy things to be able to eat easier. That is to make you feel better because I am so good.

You're sounding much brighter - so hope you've turned a corner now - have a good day.

I'm going to be on plan today - hubby's not going to work today - as his car's being delivered after the repair so I will be good today - only overeat on my own - do others do that I wonder??!! He's been working part time since Christmas and keeps saying he's going to retire but 'things' have cropped up and he's carried on - but he's definitely finishing work on Friday - YAY!! But the family are coming up for the weekend - that'll probably be harder than going to work ;) xx

i always have trouble when i reply to more than one post. That is why some of it is in capitals.

that's ok doreen - it's your thread - you can do what you like!! I agree that it's easier to read in capitals sometimes!! Xx

Ahh thank you for the welcome Nanny Doreen :) Linda was right, this is a lovely thread to be on and there's also a lot of willpower on here! I am good at willpower when my diet head is on but lately we have had a few things on where I have gone way off track. Last weekend for obvious reasons, this weekend we are away for the bank hol and next Wednesday is our anniversary so I am just doing my best to be very good inbetween ;)

I'm glad you are now in a lot less pain and hopefully you will feel up to spending some time in your garden today.

Hope your tummy is behaving itself today Linda and you manage to have a good on plan day.

Did I see a Bubble around here somewhere?

Have a good day everyone, my son is at home today (teacher training day) so I probably won't be on minis too much until later on. Going to try dragging him out for a walk with the dogs this afternoon which is no easy task :rolleyes: xx

You're sounding much brighter - so hope you've turned a corner now - have a good day.

I'm going to be on plan today - hubby's not going to work today - as his car's being delivered after the repair so I will be good today - only overeat on my own - do others do that I wonder??!! He's been working part time since Christmas and keeps saying he's going to retire but 'things' have cropped up and he's carried on - but he's definitely finishing work on Friday - YAY!! But the family are coming up for the weekend - that'll probably be harder than going to work ;) xx

I am on my own most of the time so nobody to hide from. But... if I am in Haverhill I quickly pick something and eat it when the others are not there. Silly really.

Do you mean hubby is packing up work altogether? Yes sometimes family are hard. How is your tummy now Linda. All better I hope. Am going to post my food shortly then have a kip for an hour, Was still up at 4am tidying under the kitchen sink, I had fallen asleep in the armchair again so could not sleep when I got to bed.
One vicious circle. I only have to please myself so I suppose it doesn`t matter really.

Going to prepare dinner first I think then will only have what is on my plan.

Wednesday 29th April

hexa 1% milk hexb 2 bread

B: 1/2 tin beans, 2 eggs, 1/2 cheese triangle(1/2 syn) 2 bread coffee

L: ham sandwich,(5 syns) tomato, banana. coffee

S: Jelly (1.1/2 syns) with berries & yogurt + banana

D: 2 chicken thighs, broccoli, cauli. processed peas, roast spud? Gravy grans (2 syns)
Fresh strawberries & yogurt.

9 syns.

Tidying under your kitchen sink at 4am?!!!! Oh dear. Hate it when you can't sleep. :( I hope you're feeling even better today, Doreen. Has all the pain now gone? Hope Linda's tummy pain has gone too.

Nothing much to report really. Pretty normal day. Just going to have a SW tikka masala meal from Iceland tonight so we'll see what that's like! I don't really like using frozen food but I bought them weeks ago and, this morning, realised I hadn't planned anything for this evening so they were quite handy. Won't be making a habit of it though.

Good old Darren has added to the index yet again, Hasn't he, Doreen? I've just added another recipe now though so it's not up to date any longer!! :D xx

Ahh thank you for the welcome Nanny Doreen :) Linda was right, this is a lovely thread to be on and there's also a lot of willpower on here! I am good at willpower when my diet head is on but lately we have had a few things on where I have gone way off track. Last weekend for obvious reasons, this weekend we are away for the bank hol and next Wednesday is our anniversary so I am just doing my best to be very good inbetween ;)

I'm glad you are now in a lot less pain and hopefully you will feel up to spending some time in your garden today.

Hope your tummy is behaving itself today Linda and you manage to have a good on plan day.

Did I see a Bubble around here somewhere?

Have a good day everyone, my son is at home today (teacher training day) so I probably won't be on minis too much until later on. Going to try dragging him out for a walk with the dogs this afternoon which is no easy task :rolleyes: xx

Lovely to see you again - knew you'd like it here. The way you describe your willpower is very upndowny like me!! Glad you're on plan - you do so well when you are and getting some exercise too - hope you managed to get Kieran out of the door!!??? Yes Bubble does pop in when she has time. I still feel a bit rough and don't have much energy - except to eat naughty things xx

I am on my own most of the time so nobody to hide from. But... if I am in Haverhill I quickly pick something and eat it when the others are not there. Silly really.

Do you mean hubby is packing up work altogether? Yes sometimes family are hard. How is your tummy now Linda. All better I hope. Am going to post my food shortly then have a kip for an hour, Was still up at 4am tidying under the kitchen sink, I had fallen asleep in the armchair again so could not sleep when I got to bed.
One vicious circle. I only have to please myself so I suppose it doesn`t matter really.

Going to prepare dinner first I think then will only have what is on my plan.

Yes hubby is 61 and planned to retire at 60 - think you know he works for himself - so he has a tough boss ;) and he's been very busy lately but set the date to finish on May 1. So I'll be teaching him how to wash, iron, cook hee hee - he's very willing round the house ... I'll leave it at that - but there's lots of man jobs to do inside and out plus the cars etc and hopefully there'll be time to go walking, cycling etc.

No wonder you needed a rest - having been up in the night! Funny you shd say you were tidying up the under the sink - when one of my friends can't sleep - she tells herself that if she isn't asleep in 15 mins- she'll have to get up and tidy up under the sink - and that's never failed to get her to sleep!! Hope you sleep thro tonight.

I'm still feeling shattered and sickly but eaten bits of things like crisps, choc, ice cream :( xx

Tidying under your kitchen sink at 4am?!!!! Oh dear. Hate it when you can't sleep. :( I hope you're feeling even better today, Doreen. Has all the pain now gone? Hope Linda's tummy pain has gone too.

Nothing much to report really. Pretty normal day. Just going to have a SW tikka masala meal from Iceland tonight so we'll see what that's like! I don't really like using frozen food but I bought them weeks ago and, this morning, realised I hadn't planned anything for this evening so they were quite handy. Won't be making a habit of it though.

Good old Darren has added to the index yet again, Hasn't he, Doreen? I've just added another recipe now though so it's not up to date any longer!! :D xx

You sound like you're on plan Kathy - well done - I bought the SW chicken tikka for hubby a few weeks ago - he enjoyed it - it was a large portion too - think I had the meatlballs meal - as you say they're handy when you want a quick meal. I wasn't so keen on the sausages - they were a bit dry and expensive at £3 for 6 I thought. I've not tried any of the other SW ready meals. You do really well with your recipes - Darren has no chance of keeping up with you has he? xx

Ha ha! He's very good, isn't he? :) We had the masala and I have to say, we thought it was very nice. Unless I'm very mistaken, I'm sure it said it was supposed to serve 4!!!! If that is the case, it must be 4 children! As your husband said - excellent portion size for 1 (or maybe 2 with rice). Maybe I was seeing things! :D Hope you soon feel totally better, Linda. xx

Ha ha! He's very good, isn't he? :) We had the masala and I have to say, we thought it was very nice. Unless I'm very mistaken, I'm sure it said it was supposed to serve 4!!!! If that is the case, it must be 4 children! As your husband said - excellent portion size for 1 (or maybe 2 with rice). Maybe I was seeing things! :D Hope you soon feel totally better, Linda. xx

Blimey from what I remember of that ready meal - to serve 4 it wd have to be very small children with small appetites hee-hee! xx

Hope you're feeling a lot better Doreen - sunny and bright here but breeezy and cold - so staying in - feeling a bit brighter today but washed out - not like me!xx

Afternoon all. I am feeling mush better now. Still taking the tablets. After breakfast went back to bed and slept for 3 hours. Even though the abscess had been feeling better, when I put my teeth back in there was so much pressure it was hurting again, My ear was bad yesterday too. My jaw is still a bit swollen too.

BUT NOW I am feeling good, I can eat better I can work about the house without my face throbbing. I am going to pop out to get a little shopping. Garden needs attention but not today. I don`t want to push my luck, I will do some gardening tomorrow .......... after weigh in.

Have kept to plan but no exercise at all. Scales look like a STS. I hope not because as it is 1st May tomorrow it is the start of the May challenge and I lost zilch in April. I want to get to the 15`s. Are you going to join the May challenge Linda.

Linda I am sure your hubby will keep busy and that if he is not you will find him things to do. Sounds to me like you have a good one there. Hope you are feeling good today.
I am not keen on ready meals. The only one I have liked is M&S roasted Veg Lasagne. Not tried the SW ones, some too expensive for what they are plus I would not want to have to cook anything to go with a ready meal. Anyway have a good day all.

Good morning Ann

Yes Kathy Good ol` Darren. I do like what he has done, but still sometimes just look down the normal index to look through.

Thursday 30th April

hexa 1% milk. Hexb 2 bread

B: 1/2 tin beans, 1/2 triangle cheese (1/2 syn) , 2 eggs & 2 toast
L: Jelly (1.1/2 syns), banana
D: Chicken Chasseur from freezer.(3 syns) Has mushroom, pepper onion. Will do boiled rice and broccoli with it.
Banana. Pear.

Total 5 syns

Update 6.20pm
Enjoyed my food today, especially my dinner. Going out shopping made my mouth and head feel uncomfortable but that will settle by morning.
I know I got up late today but want to have an early night so I don`t eat anymore before weigh in. Just some coffee.

Last edited:
Hope you are feeling a little less washed out Linda. It is pretty awful when your energy gets sapped. I was trying to think of a couple of funny remarks to make you giggle but nothing comes to mind except be better soon. xxooxx

Back