NarsAddict's Diary

I have just started my diet three days ago. When I started I was 12st :eek:. I'm 5ft 2 or 3 so my goal weight is nine and a half stone.

I used to weigh just over eight but have put on weight gradually in the last few years. Looking back that weight was too little for me really though. People used to say I looked ill, I guess that's just the way I carry it. So I think nine and a half is a good goal. I can always carry on if I don't feel comfy at that. At the moment that is my goal though. I also know nine and a half is a bit less than the ideal weight for my height anyway. So fingers crossed that's all I need to lose.

So that means my goal is to lose two and a half stone. I'm not following any specific diet I'm just going to be cutting out junk, swapping high calorie juice for water/squash etc, and just eating less in general. Hopefully I won't find it too hard as I'm not the type of person that eats lots and lots anyway. I mean I do junk food in moderation so will only have 1 biscuit/bag of crisps/slice of cake etc at a time anyway. My problem is more that I eat those types of things quite often, as in every other day at least. So I find that over time I am gradually putting on more weight or at least never losing any.

I've been good this last three days though. Have had breakfast, lunch and Dinner and been drinking orange squash but no junk. Just bran flakes with semi skimmed milk for breakfast, been having wholemeal rolls or bread with tuna, ham or soup for Lunch. Then homemade meals for dinner, chicken, potatoes, mince, veg etc that kind of thing (not the chicken and mince together of course lol).

Anyway will update this on Friday once I have weighed myself again. I would also love any advice or tips anyone has.

good luck and welcome. I too started my diary today but I posted it under weight watchers as thats what i'm doing.
all the best !!

good luck :D that sounds like a great way to lose weight. i try cutting out my junk, but find i love chocolate to much and would have it instead of meals if i could :) x x

Thanks for the good luck everyone, sorry I haven't updated this in a bit.

I'm still on my diet. Have stuck to it religiously (no junk food whatsoever) and found it quite easy tbh, so am quite happy about that. If anything I just feel spurned on to stick to it and haven't been tempted to stray from it which is :D

I haven't lost very much but that's ok as I knew I wouldn't lose loads in one go and that it would take time. As I've not made any drastic changes. All I've really done is cut out the junk I was eating and just eating a bit less etc. My weight is down to 11st 11lb now. I think by tomorrow or the day after at the least it will shift to 11st 10lb though. As I weighed mysef in lbs and I'm 165.0 this morning. So once it goes to 164 something it will read 11st 10 :D iyswim. So that's about 4lb in 3 weeks which I'm really happy with because as I say I haven't gone on a drastic diet or denied myself. I'm eating 3 meals a day and a healthy snack when I want it. So to be losing weight at the same time, even if it is just gradually, is great.

yay

Down to 11st 8 when I weighed myself yesterday. Trying not to weigh myself too much but wasn't far off 11st 7 either. So may have actually gone down to that now.

well done you seem to be doing great thus far. i know you can acheive your target weight :D

Thanks.

Don't know what's going on but it literally has been falling off a lb a day in the last week. I'm not eating different/less than I did the first weeks of the diet, not doing any more exercise, not drinking any more etc. Yet I've gone down to 11st 5 in the last week :confused:.

I've never really been on a diet before so don't know if that's normal but I'm sure I've heard people say that it kind of falls of loads in the beginning and then slows down. Whereas I only lost 3lb in the first few weeks yet have gone down by another 6lb in the last week. I don't know maybe I lost more than 3lbs in those weeks and the scales are just catching up lol.

Only 1st 12lb to go, will keep this updated :)

Last edited:
Not much to update as I'm still sticking to the diet religiously so nothing has changed there.

Have lost another 8lbs though so my weight is down to 10st 11lbs

Still on my diet. Weighed myself this morning and I am ten stone exactly. So Ive lost two and a half stone all together in four months.

My goal was nine and a half stone which would just leave me with another 7lbs to go. I've re-adjusted it to eight and a half now though. As I'm finding dieting so easy and being eight stone anything seemed a bit unbelievable a few months ago that I think I went for a stone more to convince myself that I could actually do it. I don't want to lose more after that though, as I said when I used to be about 8st 4 people used to say it made me look ill. I think I must have a low fat percentage or something so look thinner than I actually am. For instance when I was nine and a half stone I could still fit into all my size eight clothes fine.

Anyway sorry for the rambling. Just thought I would update this.

Back