Nasi Goreng

BritMumInCanada

Gold Member
Saw this recipe on a thread on here posted by c27858 (thanks for posting the recipe on the other thread) and just had to try it. It was delicious and filling. I definitely recommend trying it. Also from googling this recipe too, if you don't like beef, you can use chicken pieces or seafood. Whatever you like pretty much.

I thought I would do an individual thread for it, as it is so yummy and might get missed on the other one.

The only thing I did differently was use normal onion and added some peas. Also added sliced cucumber to the top.

Serves 4
Extra Easy: 1 syn for entire recipe (for the tomato puree)

Ingredients
1 egg beaten
3 tbsp light soy sauce
Frylight
350g extra lean minced beef or quorn mince
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 fresh red chilli, deseeded & chopped
1 small green pepper, deseeded & chopped
2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp paprika
1 small onion chopped finely
small cup of frozen peas
200g Thai jasmine or basmati rice
600ml stock, any sort (I used beef stock)
2 tbsp tomato puree
salt & pepper

Method
Beat egg with 2 tsp soy sauce. Heat a small frying pan sprayed with frylight and when hot, add the egg and cook to make a flat, firm omelette. Remove and roll up and cut into strips. Set aside.
In a large pan or wok. Brown the mince. Then stir in the garlic, chilli and green pepper.
Cook for 3 minutes then add the curry powder and paprika. Cook for 1 minute and then add the onion, the rice, stock, tomato puree, remaining soy sauce, peas and seasoning.
Bring to the boil, stirring, then cover and cook very gently for 12 mins without lifting the lid. Remove from the heat and leave, covered for 5 mins.
Fork the rice gently and serve onto 4 plates. Garnish with the egg strips. I also topped mine with some sliced cucumber.
Freezing recommended.

I saw it on the other thread and thought it sounded delicious! Glad to hear from someone who has tried it and even better to see a picture of it - I do like to check how things are meant to look!

I have made this a few times...It's my OH's new favourite!
It's lovely

Back