Naughty day ?

Charmed1

Does anyone have a naughty day after weigh in

Ive been weighed today and I don't want to have a pizza and 10 pints of cider but would like a bottle of wine and a bag of cheddars

What does everyone do on weigh day

i have decided to have one day a month... and my OH said why not make it the last day in the month then start a fresh each month :) so thats my plan :) i had pizza last night and had no guilt whats so ever coz i knew i had allowed myself that day....... now 100% till end of sept :)

I think it is a bad idea to see food as a reward- that's probably how 99% of us becamse overweight in the first place and I think it's a negative habit to hang onto. Do you really need a whole bottle of wine? A bag of cheddars plus one glass of wine would account for around 15 syns I think, so you could have that and stay within your allowance. Remember the saying 'Step off the scales into next week's weightloss'.

I think if you can do it, stay on track and have losses and its something you enjoy, then go for it. I used to do this all the other times I've followed various plans- WW or SW- and, as you can probably guess given my stats and that I'm here now- I didn't succeed. Now I'm determined not to do that. I will just have a normal night after WI and a normal day after. I'm trying not to see stuffing myself with food as a reward. Instead I've decided to put aside a bit of money after each WI that I lose on to spend on spa treatments for me. I've never had one before yet live in a city with one of the best spas in the country!
As my class goes on quite late I'm even going to- shock horror- eat dinner before I WI!! I did before my first WI last week. This has always been a big no no for me but i'm trying to make sure this time is different. Whatever I was doing the last however many times wasn't working out for me so I'm mixing things up.
I even baked a chocolate cake earlier, ate a big slice and synned it. It took me 10 syns over my 15 but I was honest. Sorry for the long post but this is a new me!

Thanks x

You are right it does make you just keep chasing your own tail

To be honest food isn't an issue for me and I can happily it eat the free food without using syns but I really do miss my wine I've gone from a bottle a night to none I might just have some of the wine (spritzer to last longer) and skip the cheddars

By the time I get in from weigh in, it's nearly 9pm. I have my lunch at 11.30 on weigh in days so by 9pm I am ravenous. When I get in, I will usually have my tea as usual and maybe some chocolate/ cake etc. I am generally 100% throughout the rest of the week but that said if I get an invite out to dinner etc I will take it! Yes, I am overweight and am addressing this but in the same token, I have recently learnt life is too short and is for living and if I have a bad week at the scales one week then so be it, back on the wagon the next day. As long as I'm not gorging on crap from sunrise to sunset and losing weight consistently then I'm happy.

I have been desperate for chip shops chips for a month, so after weigh in today I got a small portion. It was lovely, very much enjoyed and now im back on track - i see no harm, as I dont "treat" myself every day, and I could have gone further (i.e. large portion of chips, curry sauce and battered fish). I've treated it as a flexisynned meal, as I knew that I would be well over my syns because of this, but I'm back on track from tomorrow to see if I can lose 1lb this week.

We can't avoid everything for the rest of our lives, simply we need to change our attitude to not do these things too often.

i got into a bad habbit of 'pigging out' on bad food. id have crisps, chocolate spread, biscuits, nuts..... not im back out of it an say every half a stone i loose, i let myself have a takeaway or treat

A friend of mine will have a pudding every Wednesday after weigh-in (usually cake, ice-cream, apple crumble) and she has a loss every week. It's her way of keeping on track because she believes you should always have a little treat. I think it's her own little reminder to be good and keep on track the following week, to keep seeing those losses!!
I think everybody's different and has there own way of doing things, but I think a little treat now and again can cause no harm. xx

I'm going to have the wine

Im really good the rest of the week andgo the gym 5-6 times a week so I'm sure I will burn it off

Xx

I suppose as you say you will be working it off through the week but if you are aware of that then its obviously up to you.
A bottle of wine is somewhere around 25 syns (depending on the wine etc)so theres no need to go without wine through the week and feel deprived if thats what you are missing. You could have 3 bottles a week and still be within syns!
I don't see anything wrong with the odd treat etc but to stuff ourselves every week because we have just been weighed will have an effect on our weight at some point I would imagine.

Back