Nausea

Elemental

Chasing the Rainbow
It's day four and i cannot bear the thought of any packs. It feels like morning sickness (but don't worry it isn't) is this normal and does it pass? It started a bit last night and i could even finish the choc orange bar i started, even the smell of it made me feel ill :confused: i'd really like to get my strength back and know i need to have the packs but just can't bear the thought of it :(

Ive never had that I must admit. It could ofcourse be totally unrelated to the diet, it can be too easy to blame this diet for all ailments when we're on it, but it could be something youd be feeling regardless

I had that elemental, even got a pregnancy test it was that bad... the headaches, nausea, dizziness, just felt exactly like morning sickness...but it passed! :) x

Hmm perhaps, it's not like me though even if i'm poorly sick i tend to crave stuff not go right off it, the only time i've ever felt like this is morning sickness :confused:

Did you consider getting a test? Might be worthwhile, you know your body better than anyone else! x

oh i just saw your post sorry we must have posted at the same time! That's reassuring that you got it too though, when did it pass? I just did a test just to be safe and it was negative, seem to do a lot of POAS lately lol

Its 12pm and i've still not eaten or drunk anything but water, i suppose when i'm hungry enough even the packs will seem appealing :(

nearly 3.30pm and i've still not managed anything but a corner of a toffee nut bar and a few sips of coke zero , and water of course, everytime i think of having one of those packs i feel sick!! It's not like i don't enjoy them its just as if my body really doesn't want them. I don't know what to do because i can't not do this diet but i can't not eat all day either :(

nearly 3.30pm and i've still not managed anything but a corner of a toffee nut bar and a few sips of coke zero , and water of course, everytime i think of having one of those packs i feel sick!! It's not like i don't enjoy them its just as if my body really doesn't want them. I don't know what to do because i can't not do this diet but i can't not eat all day either :(

Oh dear sorry to hear do you think you could eat anything else or does that make you feel ill. If its the thought of the Exante packs then I really don't know what to suggest. If you feel unwell at the sort any food and it persists you must go and seek medical advice. Hope you manage to get through this :) xx

Thank you - i have spent the last half an hour reading about atkins wondering if i just ate something along those lines in small portions to get me through today then maybe tomorrow i'll wake up in ketosis and feel ok to carry on? Its coupled with my fear about a shadow shift i'm doing for a new job i start next week which i'm petrified about..... i don't know what to do for the best :confused:

Hi,
I was on Atkins for 3 months and have just popped onto exante for a while to give myself a boost to lose a few more stone.
Your probably just going thru what we call "Atkins flu" which is your body ridding itself of all the evil carbs that you have become addicted to as your body sees them as fast fuel for an instant pick me up. You are literally going cold turkey (same principle on exante as low carbs mixed with low calories)
Some people aren't as effected some people feel like they've got the worst flu of their life. I felt nauseas , shivery, achey all over. Lasted about 7 days for me, other people only 2 or 3.
It will pass if you have the strength to keep going . Try having a few pieces of cooked chicken breast. Or nibbling on some celery. Just to get you through this bit.

Good luck x

Hi,
I was on Atkins for 3 months and have just popped onto exante for a while to give myself a boost to lose a few more stone.
Your probably just going thru what we call "Atkins flu" which is your body ridding itself of all the evil carbs that you have become addicted to as your body sees them as fast fuel for an instant pick me up. You are literally going cold turkey (same principle on exante as low carbs mixed with low calories)
Some people aren't as effected some people feel like they've got the worst flu of their life. I felt nauseas , shivery, achey all over. Lasted about 7 days for me, other people only 2 or 3.
It will pass if you have the strength to keep going . Try having a few pieces of cooked chicken breast. Or nibbling on some celery. Just to get you through this bit.

Good luck x

Funnily enough i just finished reading your thread then saw you'd replied on mine :) yeah it was just a little chicken that i was contemplating....but i don't want to delay ketosis i'm assuming atkins works on ketosis aswell or have i got that wrong? I'm just really worried about startin work at 7.30am if i havent eaten all today ...

Oh I'm so sorry I'm only getting back to you now Elemental, mine got better on Day5 and passed on Day6 but I have definitely been have carb withdrawal, yeast/wheat die-off symptoms! All good signs I feel, if this is what it does to my body when I take it away what on earth has it been doing to my body for years.... (making me chubby, bloated, tired, sluggish!) x

so all things considered, ami being wreckless if i have a small amount of protein food this evening? So i'm not a shakey mess tomorrow? I need an outsiders permission so i know i'm not "cheating" as such..... got to be honest even if someone put a chocolate bar infront of me i'd probably vomit :(

I think if it will get u thru this feeling it shouldn't hurt. Just dont over indulge, be aware of your carb intake, Bearing in mind your packs have carbs in too. So basically I would suggest nibbling on some cooked lean White meat like turkey breast or chicken. Or perhaps a babybel-light (think these are about 50cals and about 0.2net carbs) but if you want to TS it is important you have the willpower to give these up again once you are thru the worst of it. X

Thanks for your help beth i think i will do that...i really am not feeling like i could binge so i obviously need it rather than want it. According to the ketostix i am in ketosis - so perhaps i will wake up tomorrow feeling fit as a flea and ready to take the world on!! :)

Stick to your guns hun! Up the water intake, see how you feel tomorrow, take it one day at a time... No one here is going to go through you if you slip up with a little bit of protein but you're cheating yourself if you keep doing that, take your body in hand and teach it that it's got to do without, you'll soon see the benefits!x

Well i did eat in the end but i think it was probably for the best, i kept it completely carb free though even if i did eat a bit more than i should have - it didnt stop the nausea and i had a few symptoms that suggested a tummy bug......couldn't make it to my shadow shift at work today, it's a good job it was voluntary really .....still can't face eating - the only way i got the real food down my neck yesterday was the anticipation of actually eating real food but all it gave me was a little more strength. Hope it clears soon - lost another 3lbs since yesterday so even though i've been forced to stray from the diet at least the scales keep coming down!!

Back