Near target and struggling :-(

Lucylu79

Gold Member
Hoping someone is either the same or been in a similar situation really!

I'm 5lbs away from target although I'm counting it as 8 as I want to be at the bottom of the range. My usual loss is on average a pound a week and I currently weigh every other week as I can't go when hubby's on nights.
From dec 5th to jan I gained 1.5lbs which I was we'll pleased with but since then I've not lost anything.
I am guilty of weighing at home, I do like to keep an eye on things and I am due to weigh on weds and my scales do not show a loss even though I haven't drank since New Years which I thought would help.
Anyway enough babbling! I'm wondering should I try something different, for that last few stubborn pounds and then I started thinking about my eating habits.

If I'm still eating the same amounts that I did 3 stone heavier should it matter? I do try to eat only until satisfied and not stuffed.

Perhaps a couple of weeks at success express that I've never done?

I dunno, I'm just miffed that I haven't lost my Xmas gain I suppose, any help greatly received! I've got until weds evening to try and get a loss!

I know how you feel, I have 5.5lb to go and I'm just constantly having the munchies, I know superfree is superfree but there must be a line! (Currently up to my 6th piece of fruit since 7am) and I haven't even had tea yet! :(

I know how you feel, I have 5.5lb to go and I'm just constantly having the munchies, I know superfree is superfree but there must be a line! (Currently up to my 6th piece of fruit since 7am) and I haven't even had tea yet! :(
6 pieces of fruit doesn't sound excessive to me I eat loads of free and superfree, maybe you could also try mixing things up a bit and maybe have some veggie snacks rather than the fruit if it does worry you x

You're certainly not the only one. I got to 6.5lbs away from target before Christmas then put on 5.5lbs then lost 6 then put on 2.5 last week so i am now 8lbs away. I totally lost my focus. I kept thinking that 5lbs won't make any difference to how i look so what is the point in trying! Also, 5lbs seems so trivial given how much i have lost it didn't seem worth the effort. But after talking to people in group, i have given myself a talking to and am determined to get the last few pounds off. I have gone back to basics, reread my books, Have decided to have more superfree and am keeping a food diary. if that doesn't work I'll be giving success express a go so will interested to see how you get on.

Good luck.

6 pieces of fruit doesn't sound excessive to me I eat loads of free and superfree, maybe you could also try mixing things up a bit and maybe have some veggie snacks rather than the fruit if it does worry you x

Yeah I guess so :) just get sick of the same stuff all the time (I'm only just learning to 'cook') and I'm sick of eating either mugshots, omelette, supernoodles or jackets for lunch :p I actually worry about carbs too like if I was to have pasta for tea and maybe noodles for lunch (I'm not going to lie I'm a bit of a calorie counter too :/) I fully follow SW but I use MFP too and to see that a full pack of low fat supernoodles is like 300+ kcals makes me wonder if I should be having something so calorific etc (especially when there is only me and obviously you only get one sachet with it!)

What plan do you follow? I'd say there's lots of other lunches you could have without too much cooking, salads, sw quiche etc there's lots of ideas around the forum.
Also how many calls do you allow yourself? Are you actually having enough? 300 cals isn't ott for a meal though is it?
I don't know much about calorie counting and don't think it necessary when following sw but know a lot of people do combine them, how successful it is I don't know thouth.

What plan do you follow? I'd say there's lots of other lunches you could have without too much cooking, salads, sw quiche etc there's lots of ideas around the forum.
Also how many calls do you allow yourself? Are you actually having enough? 300 cals isn't ott for a meal though is it?
I don't know much about calorie counting and don't think it necessary when following sw but know a lot of people do combine them, how successful it is I don't know thouth.

I do EE and have lost 3st + with it but now I'm getting nearer target I just think am I going to be eating these things day in and out for the rest of my life :p & no 300 kcal isn't ott but then I'd want an omelette or something with them which I'd consider a tea-time meal rather than lunch. :)

Well as someone who got to target and then gained some back I'd say that I do need to be eating the sw way for life but there's no need to be eating the same things repeatedly x For a main meal the noodles and an omelette wouldn't be it t either if you are doing ex easy though I'd say have plenty of superfree with your meals to fill you up too but I can't tell from these posts if you do that or not x

Thanks for all your replies!

I read up on the SE plan, joined the thread on here and ready to start today!
Wish me luck!!X

Back