Nearly 8 stone to lose..:-( Diary :-)

FairyElephant

Hi Guys, New to all this but have joined looking for inspiration and motivation to keep me going and of course use this as a public diary for the good and bad days of my journey to goal and beyond lol
Let me update you to where I am now..

So I'm 39 years old and for most of my adult life I have been at least a size 18 up to size 26, I have 3 daughters and dieted on and off over the years when I am not on a diet I eat what I want when I want regardless of calories or fat and my only exercise was walking to the fridge (literally!!) This has been for the good part of 20 years gradually my weight crept up to 19st 3lbs, I knew I needed to once and for all shift the bulge especially when on a flight earlier this year to Austria I struggled doing up the seat belt and went red with embarrassment :-/
Last year I did a few months on Juiceplus and lost 2 stone but was constantly hungry and irritable I knew I had to formulate a diet for me that I could manage and no pressure or sales talk from diet companies.. We've all got them on our Facebook admit it!?:-D
So I felt determined this year with my 40th looming next year I know it's now or never.
On 27th June enough was enough in the course of that first month I reduced calorie intake (no exercise btw) I admit i had an odd cheat day.. but the first stone went without even noticing, this spurred me on just that first stone I felt so much better!
Over the last nearly 4 months I have lost 3st 5lb so far still a way to go but am still very motivated and determined to get to goal, as money is tight I knew I needed to introduce exercise once I'd lost the first 2 stone so I found a treadmill on ebay for £30 and can honestly say it's the best 30 quid I've ever spent, never thought I'd say this but I actually look forward to my treadmill days lol
Along with some workout dvds I alternate them over 3-4 days a week, oh and a slendertone as I have a massive stomach overhang (think kangaroo!) Due to c sections and a bad back I struggle with sit ups/crunches etc but I've done 4 days with that so far so too early days to report progress but if and when there is a difference I will update.. watch this space!
Think that's it for now, oh btw I am a 'jump on the scales every morning' dieter I know some people don't agree with that blah blah blah but it works for me so yeah lol
Oh also I have the app 'Fitnesspal' on my phone which is great I enter all the food and calorific values into it plus any exercise I do and my weight on a daily basis, it keeps me on track and is fantastic to look back on as I can see around time of the month I don't lose and feel bloated (water retention) so I can see a pattern and that reassures me this is normal not to lose around that time and not worry so much lol
Anyway I'm rambling now but expect to hear highs/lows/pics over the coming months xxx

Hi Cynicalgirl, Thanks for the follow :)
Yes it's great when on plan but on the failure days I'd rather not count tbh good luck on your journey hun how much have you/ are you aiming to lose? X :rolleyes:

OK so another pound down which brings my total loss to 3 and a half stone, so now half way.. yayyy! !

For the last week I have had terrible bloating and stomach churning not to mention excess gas (sorry if tmi!) I'd been putting it down to the slendertone... yesterday whilst sat in car on school run and sucking on my sugar free polo's I was bored and read the packaging "excessive consumption can have laxative effects"..
OMG! I've been eating a pack a day for a week!! No wonder lol devil sweets never again! Today I've been a lot better lesson learned. X

Hi, following you, I have I have more like 8 stone to loose But I'm more determined than ever this time, I'm 39 and also have 3 children I'm determined not to be fat and forty ha ha

Back