Nearly at my goal - last push!

Hello!!
Well, I have lost over 90lbs so far, which is well over my original goal, but as I have got here, I am still not completely happy. There are a few extra pounds I want to shift, but more importantly, I want to tone up as all this weight loss has not made my body look its best.

I am going on my honeymoon on 27 Sept (got married on May 14th) and I want to look the best as I possibly can, as I don't plan on wearing more than a bikini for the whole 2 weeks!

I will be following a calorie controlled diet (which helped me lose weight in the first place) and will stick to around 1500 calories, but I am not going to be UBER strict with that, because I also want to enjoy the summer a bit. The main thing is upping my exercise and toning up.

I love love LOVE to cook, so I am always experimenting with healthier alternatives to my favourite foods.

I have 12 weeks till my honeymoon, so hoping to lose a stone in that time and then I will be at my new target weight :)

Hello! Welcome aboard! We're only a small group over here (sometimes it feels like we're a little corner) but in my opinion we're the best corner (shhh! don't tell those SW people though )
If you've got any questions just ask away - that's what we're here for! And don't worry about asking 'dumb' questions - you only need to look at some of my posts to realise that 'silly' questions are the norm for me (and the questions that ultimately shift those pounds!)

I'd tell any newbie to have a gander at some food diaries for a little inspiration. You should also consider starting one yourself, and that way we can all see what you're up to and offer a helping hand where need be, but since you've been here before and you've got this healthy eating business down to a fine art I won't insult you by saying so!

Remember, if you've got any questions just ask We're all here to help each other. x

Thank you!
Yes, I am far from a newbie, I actually have another diary floating around somewhere here from last time...but really couldn't be bothered to find it haha, so thought I would start a fresh with my last push towards the end!

Looking forward to reading other peoples diaries too, to see what yummy things everyone else is eating!!

x

Hi and welcome to CCing.
It is fab over here, but I would say that cos I'm biased.

Congratulations on loosing 90lbs, I am completley blown away by your amazing achievement. My goal is 100lbs and sometimes I look at it and think it will never get here!!!
I will deffo be looking at your website, as I need all the help I can get.
I hope you find us all friendly on here. We all like a giggle, but the support is FANTASTIC!!!!
I am really looking forward to speaking to you more and reading your diary.

Good luck xxx :D

Hi, thank you lovelys!
Yes, a goal of 90-100lbs can look very daunting, but as long as you know it will take a while to get there, then you will be fine and you will definitely get there!
Thanks for finding my old diary, think I will stick to this one now though lol.
Hope you all find something useful on my site, it's a great way of keeping me motivated, as I have to practice what I preach haha!

So, todays food:
B: 50g homemade muesli with skimmed milk
L: Banana, berry and nut smoothie
Snack: carrot sticks and hummus
D: Healthy alternative veggie quesadilla with salad

Oh, and lots of water and green tea.
Have come to around 1500 calories :)

I'm loving your Mushroom omelette recipe on your blog. I'm going to make it tomorrow but my problem is that my omelete never flips right and I end up with scrambled omelette (or a mess on the floor to clean up)

Oh and can I ask you a question? From reading your blog I've noticed that you don't like quorn. Why is this? I'm just starting to get into quorn and if there's a health reason behind it I'd like to know :)

Glad you like the recipe. Yeah, I have a bit of an egg fail sometimes too. It seems that when I add too much milk, it doesn't set properly and just fails apart when I try to fold it.

As for quorn...you just need to check the ingredients to see that it is massively processed. To be honest, I ate a lot of it when I first started losing weight, as it IS low in fat, and it stopped me eating all the crap I was. But, since losing all that weight, I am very very aware of what I am putting into my body. I don't eat any ready meals, any processed food and I 90% stick to my rule of eating things that only have 5 ingredients or less in them. That doesn't apply to a homemade recipe that has 12 or more things in it. It is more that if I am buying something from a shop that is ready made, it has to have less that 5 ingredients in. Changes are it is pretty healthy that way. Obviously you have to take into consideration what the ingredients are, otherwise I could just eat lard under that rule haha.
Mostly it is because of all the salt in quorn. Even though it is still within the 6g a day thing, it is still far too much salt in it than is needed.
So, that is my long winded explanation haha. I am no saint, I do still have it on occassion, as I don't eat meat and it does fill that meat void. But, it is just full of crap. I wish they didn't promote it as "healthy". It is low fat, true, but as we all know, most things that are low-fat are full of other crap to make up for the lack of fat.

No judgement if you do eat quorn though, like I say, it probably did help me lose weight in the beginning, but I am just super strict with what I put in my body now, unless I am having a treat, in which case I am going to treat myself with a delicious homemade chocolate cake, not a processed sausage hehe

Hiya. I've been on your website. It was really interesting. Lots of yummy looking recipes too! Good luck :)

Thanks for your reply. I just started eating quorn two days ago, so I've been a little naive to the ingredients. I, like you, am very conscious of what I put in my body (even make my own pasta) so I did look up the ingredients of quorn before I bought it. It said it was vegetable proteins and egg whites, so I presumed that it was some odd combination of vegetable insides that made up the mince since it didn't elaborate on additives like most processed foods do. My dreams that I'd found a wonder food for my much loved spagetti bolognese are pretty much shattered LOL!

Quorn is essentially a fungus. And I love the stuff! Quorn don't (or at least, never used to) make for any other brand, and supermarket own ranges / Linda Mc etc are NOT Quorn, they are soya or TVP, even though they are all often referred to as Quorn. Totally different. If you have a google, you'll find lots of horror stories about people taking horrific allergic reactions to Quorn, and trying to put everyone off of this 'danger food'. Fair dos, and I don't doubt that some people will have nasty reactions to it. Personally, I have a dreadful reaction to oranges, requiring hospitalisation (I've managed to avoid them for my entire adult life though!) - but I don't blame the oranges! lol

Vegetarian, best of luck, you KNOW you can do this!!!

The whole fungus thing and allergic reaction is not what puts me off. Like you say, there is a lot about that on the internet, and they are actually trying to get it banned in the US. Aparently the don't understand eating fungus, but eating cheese is fine?!
It is just all the salt and addatives in it that bother me. Everyone to their own though, but I just don't want to fill my body with crap anymore :)

Thanks for the support though guys!
I'm off to do some Zumba on the wii now :)

My OH just won't eat it coz the word 'fungus' makes him gag :) I'm not a fan but if it's in chilli I'll eat it happily enough!! Can't taste it then!! But I've eaten many an experimental chilli in my time :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I really like quorn. Got a freezer full of the stuff.
I like fungus too, I could eat mushrooms everyday. :)

I had to give up on quorn OH hated it... so we've compromised with turkey mince... but that in no way helps the veggy people, lol!!!

Welcome to the cc section and good luck with toning for your honeymoon!!! Where are you going? x

Hello!!
Well, I spectacularly failed yesterday! I was good all day, porridge for breakfast, egg white omelette and salad for lunch, an hour of cardio at the gym and 30 minutes of pilates at home and then I ended up drinking half a bottle of wine and going to a buffet that I didn't even enjoy Grrrr. To be fair, I wasn't as bad as I could have been at the buffet. I had a big plate of salad for starters and veg curry for main and didn't go too crazy at dessert, but, even so....I shouldn't have been. Especially as my treat day is meant to be tomorrow, as it is out anniversary. I think I am more annoyed that I didn't enjoy it and I knew I wouldn't enjoy it, as I never do, yet I still went. Seems such a waste to me. And now I have a food hangover and don't feel like I can get to the gym to work any of it off. Will just have to try and work-out a bit at home today.

Today is a new day, so time to start again. I'm just angry that I doubt I will have a loss this week. I actually found it pretty easy to avoid drinking and buffets when I first started losing weight. I guess everything was new and exciting and I had a bigger target and it was easier to see a change. But now I am well within the healthy weight range, it is hard to tell my self that I shouldn't be eating something naughty (even once a week), as my weight is fine. But it needs to be done.

Sorry for the rant again!

Oh, and we are going to the Dominican Republic! :)

You probably just need a little push back on the wagon again! You've been able to maintain for so long and now it's time to get back into the weight loss groove and you're body is saying 'me no likely!' but you know yourself you will get there.

I hate it too when I go out for dinner/buffet and use a lot of calories, then not enjoy the meal. It's like "I'm using 700 calories for this!". I went to a really upmarket restaurant two weeks ago which is notorious for it's large portions. It's the sort of people that uses platter dishes just to serve risotto. Anyway, I decided to order off the children's menu because the portions would of been semi-normal. So my spagetti Bolognese arrived and it was only when I was eating it I noticed that it tasted very familiar - it was HENIZ TINNED SPAGETTI!! And they were charging me 7.99 for it! My friend had the proper portion of spagetti and his tasted beautiful, obviously not of the tinned variety. The restaurant must of thought since it was the kids menu, the kids wouldn't be able to tell the difference so it was a little money saver for them just to pop the tinned stuff in the micro instead of the expense of making it like the a la carte menu. Such a waste of calories lol!

Back