Extra Easy Days nearly done a week on sw and feel fat

Lea87

This is my last diet....x
Iv done nearly a week on sw n feel fatter than when I started helpppppp....I'm convinced I'm doing it wrong! If I write a few diarys iv done this week can someone check?x

Last edited:
Hi,

Having read your info, I see you've just started SW after the Cambridge diet. I'm no expert on this, but do you think this might just be your body getting used to the dramatic change in eating habits? The nature of free food means you will feel full at times, but you shouldn't be eating until you are painfully so.

Please have faith in the SW plan - it really does work. I have struggled with my weight for a long time (sometimes more in my head than on my actual body!), but I have managed to lose weight consistently over the last few months by following the plan.

Good luck, and don't give up!

No Lea please dont give up, have faith, it does work keep going:D

Lea87 said:
Iv done nearly a week on sw n feel fatter than when I started helpppppp....I'm convinced I'm doing it wrong! If I write a few diarys iv done this week can someone check?x

Of course. Post what you've eaten on a typical day & we can have a look Hun, though as said above if you are moving from Cambridge diet & have been doing extra easy you might find the carbs are the reason you're feeling like this x

Hi Lea - I'm sure you're doing fine, but of course we'll have a look. I remember feeling the same when I first started SW. I think there can sometimes be an adverse / bloating (tee hee) effect while your body gets used to all the fruit and veg and fibre. That does settle down after a while, but could be making you feel a bit fat initially.

Where do we find your food diaries?

Thanks for support everyone yes I have gone straight from Cambridge to sw n this maybe the reason I feel like I do....I was going to try red days but I'm not really a big meat eater!

I will post some diarys in a seperate comment to see wat u think xx

Last edited:
Day 1:
B-oatsosimple (b) milk(a) 2tsp jam (1syn)
D-chicken in a pasta n sauce (1/2syn) with salad
T-jacket potato with beans +Apple & pear

Day 2:
B-same as above
D-mushy pea curry and rice
T-pasta with salmon and lots of veg

Day 3:
B-same as above
D-pasta with tin toms blended with brocoli
T-cottage pie with brocolli

How's that on EE? x

P.s snacks have been mullerlight lights and fruit x

U need more superfree foods-try adding fruit with ur breakfast (chopped banana instead of jam) and u need 1/3 superfree with every meal. Apart from that it looks good x

Iv been doing the 3rd plus fruit after every meal so that's ok isn't it?x

I too felt like I hadn't lost in my first week as I was constantly bloated. I actually lost 5.5lbs. I put it down to the extra fruit and veg as well as the fact I was eating more carbs than usual. I have done an Original week this week and feel better for it. Hopefully I will have lost when I weigh in on Monday. I am sure that if you follow SW to plan you will lose. Your body may need a little time to adapt from the switch over from Cambridge to SW. you have done brilliantly so far, well done! x

Looks fine - I think it's just your body adjusting to the sudden change. It'll ease off, and hopefully you'll be reporting back a fab loss like Mumof4Girls. Keep up the good work.

I like jam on my porridge as well, but am a syn-flint and always like to save my syns for a treat to savour in the evenings. I now buy the frozen dark cherries and pop a small handful of those on instead of the jam. Not 'quite' the same admittedly, but quite delicious, and boosts the superfree as well. ( I like banana and cinnamon in it as well - I try to buy overripe bananas on offer and peel, chop and freeze them ready to add to porridge in the mornings to save money and time).

I've said this to a few people now so sorry of I sound like a broken record- but it really has saved me a lot of bloaty feeling... Drink peppermint tea.. It got rid of the fat feeling I had and still do sometimes.. Always drink a cup in the evening now.

Frozen bananas in porridge? Mmm sounds yum. Might try that next time...

Hmmm drank loads of peppermint n water on Cambridge and now I don't the pepperminy tea n hardly and water so from tomor 2lt+ of water and 3 cups of peppermint tea every day that's this weeks target! Iv already done my shopping for this week so I'm going to search the website for some red day meals and try and do at least half of next week red days see if that helps! Hopefully I will be reporting a loss on Tuesday xx

Lea87 said:
Hmmm drank loads of peppermint n water on Cambridge and now I don't the pepperminy tea n hardly and water so from tomor 2lt+ of water and 3 cups of peppermint tea every day that's this weeks target! Iv already done my shopping for this week so I'm going to search the website for some red day meals and try and do at least half of next week red days see if that helps! Hopefully I will be reporting a loss on Tuesday xx

Hopefully that will fix it x

Back