[Nearly puking while drinking shakes]

Minimin

Wants to Maintain Gd!!
I have recently been really been hating having the shakes as after the first cup (near the end) i get a vomiting sensation.

Is there anything i can do?

If you have the chocolate one you could try making it into a mousse instead (just use less water). Maybe having something a bit more 'solid' (if you can call it that!!) might stop the gag reflex?? Or warm it up and have it as 'hot chocolate'??

To be honest the strawberry one makes me gag... I'm going to have to go to the chemist tomorrow and buy more chocolate ones as they're the only ones I find I can drink without wanting to cry/hurl!

Hope it gets better for you!

xxx

Heh, I get that sometimes too. I just take it, not sure there's any way of stopping that really. I use a straw, find that makes the texture a bit easier to stomach.

Hannah

I find having the chocolate shake hot helps if i really cant face a shake..... Saying that i never want to see another vanilla shake again!
Sipping through a straw really does help me .
Im drinking lots of peppermint tea as this helps your tummy and claims on the box it helps with digestion.
I hope this feeling passess
x

Hi,
sorry you are feeling like that, I suck mine through a straw and find it works well like that. Hope it improves.
Doirin

I get that. I make it up with more water to thin it out and minimize flavour then gulp it down and after have a small glass of water. OR try blending it with lots of ice as an ice cream, the coldness seems to make it more bearable.

Its awful but part and parcel of eating the same thing for weeks upon end. I think you'd get that normally with food. Try eating nothing but chicken for 6 weeks straight. I think we'd all be gagging after a few weeks lol.

I also was nearly sick this morning and had to throw the last mouthful away decided to make a hot latte!! vanilla with spoonful of coffee hot had it cold with ice last night and it reminded me a little of baileys!!!!(well nearly) It was foul never again!!

i think i could probably do that and not gag lol! Loves chicken.

I get that. I make it up with more water to thin it out and minimize flavour then gulp it down and after have a small glass of water. OR try blending it with lots of ice as an ice cream, the coldness seems to make it more bearable.

Its awful but part and parcel of eating the same thing for weeks upon end. I think you'd get that normally with food. Try eating nothing but chicken for 6 weeks straight. I think we'd all be gagging after a few weeks lol.

I love chicken, but not every meal for 7 weeks lol.

I had the same problem after several weeks on LT. It was such a shame as I'd been doing so well on it.

I switched to Exante (www.exantediet.com) and couldn't believe how much better the shakes, soups and bars are.

You could try ordering a few off the internet to see if you like them before deciding whether to switch. It was the best thing I did.

Hope you find a solution as it's really grim if you don't get on with the products.

Hi Mini

Try making them up with ice cold water and sipping through a jazzy straw. I actually really like the shakes, all flavours...its the soup I gag on..noooo, can't do soup or LT hot in any way.
Persevere and keep imaging all the LT benefits. Besides helping to lose weight the discipline of smaller meals, lots more water and slow eating will stay with you. Well that's the plan anyway!!
Good luck ;)

Back