Nearly.................

SlimmerSu

Gold Member
Hi everyone.. I hope you are doing well

I soooooooooo nearly gave in tonight and had scrambled egg... I really am getting the feeling that i can't do this any more. It is not hunger, i really don't know what it is. I still enjoy my shakes, but i just want to eat!!!

I am in my 10th week and was wondering if it could be just one of those things, but if i am still feeling like this at my next weigh in, i am seriously going to consider refeeding early (3 and a half weeks!) and seeing how i feel after Xmas... I am gutted really as i am nowhere near the size/weight i want to be, but i haven't been able to get rid of this "feeling"....

Thanks for listening, and i would be grateful if you could tell me your thoughts/advice x x x

hi slimmersu with what ive read on here when you go on refeed you still lose weight and on maintainance theres still a lose so you could get there and still have two maintainance and a meal a day you should still lose the weight at a steady pace, you ve done so well to get where you are dont think i could go 10 weeks to be honest. i think you just get to a point where you need to eat not for hunger or boredom just eat to feel normal xx good luck either way

Hi Su, Ive felt like that a few times........... I think its natural, but you just got a few weeks left to re-feed and your special xmas ! You know you want to enjoy it so you need to plan now. Dont give in to eating now and by xmas you will be able to enjoy yourself guilt free because you have planned for it. You are doing an amazing job. You ARE going to be another 16lbs down before you enjoy your xmas you are the 4lb girl!!! xxxx

Dunno how to advise you Su cos I'm feeling absolutely the same! But you know that tomorrow you might feel entirely different......

I really really enjoyed my weekend, I felt like a normal person again! I spent time with Paul having meals, enjoying a glass of wine and felt closer than we have done for months. I think that we seriously underestimate how big a part eating plays in our relationships! I wore lovely clothes again too and even felt attractive! Something that I'd forgotten that I could actually feel....

But could I carry on for several more weeks even if I didn't have the op coming up? No 'fraid not, I think that I'm at the end too. Have been 100% today but only cos there was bugger all else to eat and I didn't feel like going shopping. I know that I've lost a good amount this week but it hasn't been as motivating as a good loss has been previously and I'm not sure that I know why?

Su, do you think that you could refeed and lose the rest on say WW? Or perhaps maintain until after Xmas and then attempt LT again? Might even a few protein based meals actually be enough to satisfy you?

Don't know but tomorrow is another day.........

first of all (((((squishy hugs)))))

Su i had a really bad couple of weeks, I felt the same i just wanted to eat, i just felt that i needed too, if that makes sense. I did re feed to get it out of my system i was really good and still managed to lose a pound. Ultimately you have to do what is right for you, and 10 weeks is incredible and something you should be very proud of.

Maybe if you done what i done and have a mini re feed, as in i didn't feel the need to eat every day so had 3 maintenance. If you stick to high protein and nil carb then you can still stay in ketosis? It worked for me and got it out of my system, knowing that i still can have a good loss before xmas re feed.

help it helps hun xx

I started feeling the same about eating around week 10 Su

Just keep checking your losses out, and it will help xx

Good luck hun

Su it's so hard to know what to say. There are so many different angles to approach this from. You know all the answers so it really is down to you to decide what decision you will be most comfortable with. I've only done 5 weeks and I am finding this week extremely weird. Like you I'm not hungry at all but all I can concentrate on is food and planning meals....last night I made out my menu and shopping list for my re-feed week even though is a month away! I feel like I just want to eat food again, but I am focusing on losing another stone before I re-feed and head to WW and it's the only thing keeping me going. Maybe you could try for a few more days just focusing on what you want to lose and if after that you still really want to re-feed then go for it.

Sorry this is all just repeated advice but you are an inspiration to so many people on here, I would hate for you not to get some advice in return for your many hours of typing great advice for others on here x

Thank you all for being so supportive.. I think i will see what happens between now and my weigh in on Monday and see how i feel then... If i still feel the same i will refeed and try and get my head back in the right place.

Thank you all .. I really could not have got this far without you x x

Su it's so hard to know what to say. There are so many different angles to approach this from. You know all the answers so it really is down to you to decide what decision you will be most comfortable with. I've only done 5 weeks and I am finding this week extremely weird. Like you I'm not hungry at all but all I can concentrate on is food and planning meals....last night I made out my menu and shopping list for my re-feed week even though is a month away! I feel like I just want to eat food again, but I am focusing on losing another stone before I re-feed and head to WW and it's the only thing keeping me going. Maybe you could try for a few more days just focusing on what you want to lose and if after that you still really want to re-feed then go for it.

Sorry this is all just repeated advice but you are an inspiration to so many people on here, I would hate for you not to get some advice in return for your many hours of typing great advice for others on here x

That really was a lovely thing to say Ella.. Thank you x x x

Su you have done so well and are so close to your refeed do you really want to give in now?

Why don't you just have a nice meal of protein, veg or salad and see if you can get back on track, it doesn't seem to have harmed Sandra's weight loss.

Hope you feel better tomorrow x :hug99:

Hi babes, how are you feeling today? Seems like there's quite a few of us having a bit of a wobble.....must be the weather? I feel ok again today and was down another lb. Paul called me the incredible shrinking woman this morning which was nice! For the first time in about 3 years I weigh less than he does.

I am def going over to refeed next Wednesday so if you do decide after your weigh in next Monday then we can have a go at it together. Whatever you decide you know we're all behind you....

Lots and lots of love sweetheart XXXXXXXX

Good morning 4lbsSu, I hope you are feeling a bit better with the eating issue.....I have not reached 10 weeks yet and the last two weeks I have been yoyo-ing....I always read the forum for inspiration and encouragement because this is a very hard thing to do for all of us......and you are only human. ..... and it's cold and wet out there, we're bored etc so it's naturally going to make us hungry esp if we are on Ketosis.

As you say ..... see how you go till Mon and take it each day at a time.....if you re-feed you may have to restart ketosis again....you only know yourself best....

Personally I know that my will power is week so I am not going to be consistant and I am expecting to drop off and on the wagon....so today I am on the wagon again....everyday is a new challenge for me.

This whole weightloss thing is a life changing process and it has to stay for life...no matter how long or how you do it!!!

Hope I've help!!! :p

Su, please don't give in hun. You are doing, so, so well and are a complete inspiration to me. You have come so far, and I know it's really hard now, but please don't change your plans. Once you break the diet it is really difficult to get going properly again. Your Christmas re-feed isn't far away. The time will go so fast and you will be so proud of what you will have achieved. Do anything to distract yourself from this. Please don't eat just yet ((hugs)) xx

Hi Su
Hope you got over your wobble last night. I've had a few of them over the last week or so. This is my third week in the Gym and I'm finding it a bit tough to handle it, though my losses last week were good, the price is quite high & the hunger pangs are stronger and for the last two days, while cooking kids dinner I weakened. Yesterday I put some chicken in my mouth and ate it, but just kept it at that. Checked for ketosis today and am still there. 5pm is my worst time. It's dishing up dinner time in our house as they all come in from school. I know it's my weak time but can't avoid it, so what I've resolved to do today is have a pint of water with me at all times just to get me past the bad period. As Daisy said previously, I would say this wobble is yet another phase we're having to deal with on the LT journey, every individual will deal with it a different way. For me, I think as long as whatever I eat only lasts a short time and I don't go out of ketosis because of it, that's the main thing. But I'm sure that if I do eat, because this diet is LO CAL as well as LO CARB, it WILL slow the weight loss whether I stay in ketosis or not & do I want do be on this diet till March or April next year? Definitely NOT!!

Su you are a total inspiration to me but you have to do what you feel is right!
I totally understand how hard it is hence my total failure this week and it was only week 5 for me.
Im finding that now the weather has turned colder im struggling to drink so much water and as i dont like the soups the cold is getting to me big style.
You've done so well and whatever you decide to do will be right for you x x x

Thank you for all your advice. I really could not cope with this diet without each and every one of you behind me.

I decided to go to the chemist today and check my weight, with the thought in my head that if i had lost 1lb i would carry on until Monday at least. I only wanted to lose 1lb so that i would have lost 3 stone exactly.. I told Joe that if i hadn't lost it, he would have an extra person to cook dinner for.

Fortunately (or unfortunately, whichever way you look at it) i had lost the pound, so i am carrying on...

It is definitely at times like this that i realise how wonderful you all are, so thank you x x x

I know we are the best!!!:D can i say welcome back then?:) or will have have to sing to you to stay?!;)

3 stone!!!!!!!!!!

This calls for :bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

Ah Su I'm delighted for you, 3 stone is brilliant Whoop Whoop...and I'm also delighted for us that you'll be sticking with us for a while longer ...yay!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) x

YAY! 3 stone is fab Su! You're doing fantastically well and believe me, you're not alone in how you feel. Sometimes I sit and think, for heavens sake, just eat and put yourself out of your misery, but then I think well...whats going to make me more miserable, eating food and feeling like I'm back at square one or persevering and sticking two fingers up to my cravings.

You can do it Su, you're over the half way point, so the hardest part is over, you can crack this! :) xxxx

Back