Need a good kick up the bum!!

raquelscatt

Having had two failed attempts at SW and countless other diets, I really need a good kick up the bum!

I have a bad day which leads to a bad week and now I've had two really bad weeks :(

I have so much weight to lose but it never comes off quick enough (wish I could wake up and be thin!!lol.) and I get fed up easily.

I have been asked to be a bridesmaid for my sister in Aug 2010 so this should be the incentive I need, plus my kids keep on at me to take them swimming but I'm ashamed to wear a swimming costume at the mo. I am also signed up for Race for Life at the end of June and was hoping to run it but thats an impossibility!

I have been inbetween classes now for 3 weeks but need to stick at one class on a Thursday and stay their! I would rather do SW than any other diet.

Sorry its turned into a rant, does anyone else ever feel like this? I just so wish I could stick at it :cry:

yeah i get like this sometimes and get really impatient that my weight hasn't vanished overnight.

One thing that has kept me going is coming on here and getting ideas and support :)

I was slipping a bit there last week and when i went to WI and i had put 1lb on that gave me the kick up the bum i needed to keep at it!

I have a bad day which leads to a bad week and now I've had two really bad weeks :(

Draw a line under it all... it is your past which you can not change but do not let it affect the present and your future! I've seen this (and had it said to me!) so many times on here but it is so true... learn to draw a line, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start again.

I have so much weight to lose but it never comes off quick enough (wish I could wake up and be thin!!lol.) and I get fed up easily.

My consultant always reminds us that we suddenly didn't wake up 50lbs, 100lbs or even 200lbs heavier than we should ideally be. It happened gradually over time and it isn't going to dissapear overnight. Chipping away at the weight will mean that eventually we will be at goal... but we must be patient! This is something I struggle with but I've worked out I'm losing on average 6lbs a month... meaning I will be at target December 2009.

I have been asked to be a bridesmaid for my sister in Aug 2010 so this should be the incentive I need, plus my kids keep on at me to take them swimming but I'm ashamed to wear a swimming costume at the mo.

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/86720-i-braved.html Not saying that just because Annie has done it you should too but I thought it may be inspirational for you. If you stick at it there will come the point where you realise that actually you don't look that bad in a swimsuit and it will be you dragging the kids in the pool! (Also for now would you be able to do the towel shuffle to the pool edge? Or hide behind one of your kids? I do the latter and carry my little boy so he 'doesn't slip' on the floor ;))

I am also signed up for Race for Life at the end of June and was hoping to run it but thats an impossibility!

No it's not... you could do it with some 'training'. A few years back they printed a training schedual which I followed. So it went like this... run 1 minute, walk for 4 mins, repeat 3 times
then the next week would be run 2 mins, walk 4 mins repeat 3 times - each week you would increase your running mins until you could do the whole 5k running or a combination. Maybe they have it on their website?

I have been inbetween classes now for 3 weeks but need to stick at one class on a Thursday and stay their! I would rather do SW than any other diet.

Sorry its turned into a rant, does anyone else ever feel like this? I just so wish I could stick at it :cry:

Hun I have been feeling like I haven't been able to stick at it for the last two weeks.... but before that I did 6 or so weeks without any grumble. So what's changed?

I think I've become complacent.... knowing I can have a few naughty nights and still lose I have become 'cocky' and pushed my luck resulting in me not trying.

I've stopped doing a food diary which actually keeps me on track and I WILL do one this week and the rest of my SW life (I of course hold the right to ignore or change my mind about this ;))

I need to change my thinking about SW again and focus on why I want to lose weight!

Still need that kicking!!

My consultant called me this morning to say he has had to change his class times tonight and I physically cannot get their at the new time.

Feel even worse now. Grrr.

Still need that kicking!!

My consultant called me this morning to say he has had to change his class times tonight and I physically cannot get their at the new time.

Feel even worse now. Grrr.

what about joining the Body Optimise online option? If you can't make classes then that may be better for you?

honestly the 'drawing line under it' is the best advice there is. I have had bad days but the best thing i did was wake up the next day and start eating totally on plan. It made me feel better which in turn gives you more confidence. We are human - we all have off days. Its just learning not to make a bad day into a bad week.

I have been where you are, numerous times but somehow you have to find that determination in you. My consultant always says "I can't lose the weight for you, only you can do it". Sounds preachy I know, but it's so true.

Is there any way you can shake things up a bit and recapture the enthusiasm that you always have at the start of a diet? What about setting yourself some mini goals?

Good luck with it all, we are all here with you.

Hi Raquel and all,

I am in a similar position as you are i have to be a bridesmaid for my friend on april the 10th next year. I am excited as i have never really been a bridesmaid before, but to make things worse i am going to be a bridesmaid with my friends sister and she is a size 8. Of course my friend is really exited and she wants to go and try on some dresses and that, however these are in teh shop called 'coast' and the largest size that they go up to is 18, which is a no go at the moment.. so i keep putting off.. i really need to do this so if ever you want to chat, rant etc you know where i am hun xx

Back