Need a kick up the backside

dipsy1512

I am feeling pretty rubbish at the mo. I'll explain: we have recently moved house due to hubby's job and we are about 4 hours away from where we were so no friends here yet or any family which is rubbish. I'm struggling to find work as I was self employed before the move and its not something I wish to do again so I'm looking at becoming a teaching assistant. Thing is I feel isolated as I only really see people on the school run and they all have their own groups to chat so I'm the outsider. Also to get a job we need another car but need a job to pay for it too so rock and hard place spring to mind. Just feel rubbish since we have moved, no job,no friends and nothing to do with my day apart from job hunting. Sorry for my moan just needed to get it all out before I go mad :)

I hope things improve for you very soon. Do you think you could get chatting to the other mums at the school gates? Are your children making friends could you invite any round and meet their parents through the kids. Im not good at giving advice but I didnt want to read and run so I wish you all the best:welcome:

dipsy1512 said:
I am feeling pretty rubbish at the mo. I'll explain: we have recently moved house due to hubby's job and we are about 4 hours away from where we were so no friends here yet or any family which is rubbish. I'm struggling to find work as I was self employed before the move and its not something I wish to do again so I'm looking at becoming a teaching assistant. Thing is I feel isolated as I only really see people on the school run and they all have their own groups to chat so I'm the outsider. Also to get a job we need another car but need a job to pay for it too so rock and hard place spring to mind. Just feel rubbish since we have moved, no job,no friends and nothing to do with my day apart from job hunting. Sorry for my moan just needed to get it all out before I go mad :)

Sounds tough. Just wondered if you could get involved in anything through school. Not sure how old your kids are but it's coming up to that time at primary when there seem to be lots of things they need parents to help with including going along to PTA meetings etc. My kids are both at secondary now but at primary they were always looking for playground supervisors to help out or parents to read with the kids, or accompany them to ... The list seemed endless. Its hard to move to a completely new place and it does take a bit of time to start making new friends but also wondered if you're planning on joining a new SW group as there are bound to be people there you would have something in common with. I know you were saying money is tight so not sure if that's an option. Like the other poster said, inviting children for tea is a good one to start making contacts and finding out what's going on. Good luck with the job hunting and keep posting here if you get lonely. :)

Back