Need a Kick up the Bum... and Mybe Some Words of Encouragement!

Fr00b

The title says it all really! And I'm sure this is a thread often repeated so you're probably all bored sick of hearing it!

My problem is that although I'm doing well on CD and I'm enjoying it... but I just can't help the dreaded PICKING!

Please, please, please someone must be able to offer me some advice as to how I can stop! What do you all tell yourself once you start reaching for the fridge door... or bits of ham... or whatever else it might be?

I know I will always have moments of weakness, but I need some tools to deal with them!

In the words of Oscar Wilde, 'I can resist everything except temptation.'

HELP!

I'm afraid that I can't come up with any magic solution that will stop you picking. I'm on week 11 now and have been totally 100% throughout. Of course there have been times when the cravings were overwhelming, but I told myself that's just what they were-cravings. Not even a real need for food but 'head cravings', so I ignored them. Now I am not known for my willpower where diets are concerned, but I know that with CD there is no way that I am really hungry. I know that once I start to pick I will never be able to stop, so I just don't do it. I want to succeed at this diet more than I can cope with failing at yet another diet. I don't want to be on this diet any longer than necessary, so that's what keeps me on track.:)

Have you tried taking some pics of yourself? It sounds harsh on myself, but I took some recently and thought 'God I have so much further to go than I thought'.

I had kidded myself that because I wasn't anywhere near as bad I had been, that maybe I could relax a little. When I saw the pics, the discrepancy between where I am and where I want to be ultimately, was highlighted.

You have done so well, just think you don't have that long to go, so don't spoil it now :) x

I know its borring, but just drink lots of water. I also have some celery stick at hand, for just in case, as they are sooo low, that the CD advised me to have them if I have to have anything. Also, the veg bullion is a tasty savoury drink too. Peppermint tea fills me up and gives that sweetness if you add a sweetner too. xx

Back