Need a Kick up the Bum... and Mybe Some Words of Encouragement!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Fr00b, 25 May 2009 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. Fr00b

Fr00b Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st10lb(27.12%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge (was Lipotrim)
    The title says it all really! And I'm sure this is a thread often repeated so you're probably all bored sick of hearing it!

My problem is that although I'm doing well on CD and I'm enjoying it... but I just can't help the dreaded PICKING!

Please, please, please someone must be able to offer me some advice as to how I can stop! What do you all tell yourself once you start reaching for the fridge door... or bits of ham... or whatever else it might be?

I know I will always have moments of weakness, but I need some tools to deal with them!

In the words of Oscar Wilde, 'I can resist everything except temptation.'

HELP!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. **sparkles**

**sparkles** Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st10lb(41.96%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I'm afraid that I can't come up with any magic solution that will stop you picking. I'm on week 11 now and have been totally 100% throughout. Of course there have been times when the cravings were overwhelming, but I told myself that's just what they were-cravings. Not even a real need for food but 'head cravings', so I ignored them. Now I am not known for my willpower where diets are concerned, but I know that with CD there is no way that I am really hungry. I know that once I start to pick I will never be able to stop, so I just don't do it. I want to succeed at this diet more than I can cope with failing at yet another diet. I don't want to be on this diet any longer than necessary, so that's what keeps me on track.:)

4. Watergirl

Watergirl Rock Solid

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(12.24%)
    Diet:
    Exante + Protein + Weights!
    Have you tried taking some pics of yourself? It sounds harsh on myself, but I took some recently and thought 'God I have so much further to go than I thought'.

I had kidded myself that because I wasn't anywhere near as bad I had been, that maybe I could relax a little. When I saw the pics, the discrepancy between where I am and where I want to be ultimately, was highlighted.

You have done so well, just think you don't have that long to go, so don't spoil it now :) x

5. Eternalflame

Eternalflame Excited about the new me!

Start Weight:
    16st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(4.99%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I know its borring, but just drink lots of water. I also have some celery stick at hand, for just in case, as they are sooo low, that the CD advised me to have them if I have to have anything. Also, the veg bullion is a tasty savoury drink too. Peppermint tea fills me up and gives that sweetness if you add a sweetner too. xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.