Need a plan

tanya.b

Ok so 1st week went really well lost 4lb, 2nd week wasn't so good didn't track everything so STS, 3rd weigh-in is tomorrow think i may lose at least 1lb im a scale hopper ;) so i need a plan im thinking write down total calories to lose then do a count down, up my daily exercise a 30 min walk straight after the school run, any other ideas would be greatly recieved :D

Try planning (and adding to MFP) everything you're going to eat throughout the day in the morning before you've eaten anything. That way you won't be surprised by the value of anything you really, really want to eat later on in the day.

I've been trying to come up with a plan too! What I've decided to do is try and stick to "cleaner foods", weigh and log EVERYTHING (I've not been logging drinks like sugar free squash or coffee up until now) and be as organised as I can. Also using the scales at the gym rather than home as they are much more accurate and i can monitor my body fat too.

So far today's gone well Ive got some nuts to snack on rather than low calorie crisps I know they are higher in calories and fat but nutritionally much better. Logging my drinks has shown me that I wasnt logging around 60 calories before and that things all add up! And I've planned tomorrows menu and made a lunch to take to work.

Whatever you decide to do good luck with it! Xx

I've always done a diary when CC'ing. Normally I do it before dinner time, so I know how many cals I have left for dinner & night snacks. Once you've been doing it for a while,you will get to know rougly how many cals you are eating. I thought it was also good motivation because when you type/write your food its a good sense of achievement, or you could use MFP which is just as good. Also - the weeks that I lost, I was able to look back and see what i'd eaten that week. And please dont worry about not consistently losing, when I lost most of my weight I only lost every 2/3 weeks.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Playcrackthesky said:
Try planning (and adding to MFP) everything you're going to eat throughout the day in the morning before you've eaten anything. That way you won't be surprised by the value of anything you really, really want to eat later on in the day.

I tried this today and have afew calories left for a cup of tea before bed, I also incorporated some crisp (nice treat). Thanks for the advice

xgeorgix said:
I've been trying to come up with a plan too! What I've decided to do is try and stick to "cleaner foods", weigh and log EVERYTHING (I've not been logging drinks like sugar free squash or coffee up until now) and be as organised as I can. Also using the scales at the gym rather than home as they are much more accurate and i can monitor my body fat too.

So far today's gone well Ive got some nuts to snack on rather than low calorie crisps I know they are higher in calories and fat but nutritionally much better. Logging my drinks has shown me that I wasnt logging around 60 calories before and that things all add up! And I've planned tomorrows menu and made a lunch to take to work.

Whatever you decide to do good luck with it! Xx

Yes iv started logging every little bit, one sweet from my daughters packet, cube of cheese fed to me by my baby. It all adds up thanks x

littlemiss said:
I've always done a diary when CC'ing. Normally I do it before dinner time, so I know how many cals I have left for dinner & night snacks. Once you've been doing it for a while,you will get to know rougly how many cals you are eating. I thought it was also good motivation because when you type/write your food its a good sense of achievement, or you could use MFP which is just as good. Also - the weeks that I lost, I was able to look back and see what i'd eaten that week. And please dont worry about not consistently losing, when I lost most of my weight I only lost every 2/3 weeks.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Yes I use MFP and I decided wot I would eat earlier in the day and had some calories left over to fit in a treat, ur right about not losing every week iv lost 5lb in 3 weeks so just over 1.5lb a week. Thanks x

Back