Need advice going away......(food mentioned)

Jessica Rabbit72

Gold Member
hey people I need some advice.

Hubby has booked for us to stay in a hotel for tomorrow afternoon, night and sunday morning for our wedding anniversary and I have made the decision Im going to eat and then get back on track on sunday afternoon of SS 100%

Im DEFINITELY NOT going to eat everything in sight because it will undo ALL my hard work so I have downloaded the menu from the restaurant in the hotel so I can pick wisely before I go and wondered if I put the choices on here if you could help me pick the best choice for damage limitation.

1) Beef and onion burger topped with bacon and cheese (wont have the chips or bun)

2) 10oz rib eye steak grilled field mushroom (wont do the chips or onion rings)

I think the steak is probably the best bet and I wont have a starter or pudding and I probably wont be able to eat it all anyway due to my stomach not being used to food.

Im also going to do scrambled eggs in the morning for breakfast but then back on track when home at lunchtime and have my shakes!

I wont be drinking either cos we are not big drinkers anyway and I will have sparkly water in the restaurant and have my flavouring with me and I dont want to come out of ketosis really its not worth it, but thought if I could stick to high protein as much as possible it would do the least damage.

Advice appreciated and I will count the votes
TIA
xxx

I think those options sound really sensible. I suppose you could ask if the restaurant would consider grilling a chicken breast for you - most restaurants would, I'm sure - but sometimes, I know you just want to feel 'normal' and ask for something that's on the menu. I'd probably go for the steak too. :D

Be prepared for a minor blip at the scales though. Although you almost certainly won't come out of ketosis eating those things, the additional salt might make you retain water for a day or two.

I hope you both have a fantastic time. I'm really jealous! :)

Do they have a chicken meal on the menu? most places are willing to accomodate dietry needs i know you probably dont want to be a pain but im sure they could do some sort of chiken salad for you. You could have a bar for beakie and shake for lunch and then look foward to a nice meal in the evening. I guess the most important thing is that you have a good time and be careful with your choices. xx

thanks for advice both of you - I am expecting to either STS or put on due to salt content etc until my body gets back to it with the ketosis malarkey with no food in my body - but the way my bowels work on this flippin diet will be next week!!!

I have checked menu and only chicken dish is in pasta with lashings of cream sauce which sounds divine when not SSing and I suppose I could ask for chicken salad but

a) I dont like salad - bad I know but just dont
and b) I rarely eat steak so would be a treat with it being our anniversary and fingers crossed wont do too much damage at the scales.
xxx

Definitely steak - you never know what's in a beefburger (could be lots of carby flour, etc.). At least with steak, what you see is what you get! :eek:

thanks everyone - was erring on the side of having a steak but the melted cheese sounded so nice but like you say probably set off cravings even though im not much of a cheese person much more of a chocolate one - but I suppose after 12 weeks anything seems nice! xxx

Hey Jess..
Just wanted to say have a fab time...
enjoy what you decide to have hon . Happy Anniversary .. and enjoy your special day .. you have come so far. you deserve a treat!!
xxxx

have a FABULOUS meal! a steak all the way, steaks = awesome.

Steak all the way. ask if they can do you a small greensalad instead of the onion rings etc. I was a salad hater until I had to have a small tuna salad and it was yummy. I think CD retrains your taste buds

Back