Need advice / opinions please!

Its my 1st week on CD SS and I don't think I can cope!!

I'm on Day 6 now and don't think I can cope much longer!

I need to be on it until at least Christmas as I have ALOT of weight to lose, a few people have suggested doing the SS+ plan instead to make it more bearable as I'm missing eating with the family, having an actual meal.

I think that I think SS+, with a few days of SS here and there would be MUCH better for me, but if I switch to that now I'll feel like I've failed....other people can manage NO food and SS, why can't I??

I feel like such a failure. I'm going to do SS 100% tomorrow and then WI tues and see how I feel. I think I DO want to swap to SS+ but I'm scared of will I stop there?? Will that lead to 810 plan, to 1000 plan?? It's like I can't control my eating!

I'm seeing a hypnotist to help me with all this next Friday - the appointment cant come quick enough!

I just feel so up and down on this diet! Mornings I'm loving it and then it gets to 3pm + and all I can think about is food, which is why I think if I swapped to SS+ then I know I'm still on a VLCD of around 615cals/day ......I think I'll stick to it much better and not be tempted to cheat when I know I can have a chicken salad / chicken and veg for tea. I'm def going to do a whole week of SS+ anyway to see what the weight loss is like, as I'm on this til Christmas, so if I can test out what weight loss a week on SS+ gives me then I can weigh up what plan I want to do.

I think I'm just expecting too much too soon arent I? I expected to go on CD SS and just not "want" food anymore just because I "want" to be thin so much! But its not gonna work like that or i wouldnt have got this big in the first place! I suppose I've gotta learn to take one step at a time and get used to not going for meals/having takeaways/eating! I've really got to stop picking too!

So I think that maybe upping to SS+ will conquer the picking because I'll have the one meal to look forward to in the evening and then maybe after a few weeks on this I can drop to SS / do SS for 3days out of the week? Like mix it up a bit.

Does anyone know if SS+ keeps you in ketosis? I'm guessing it does if you're already in it, as atkins puts you into ketosis doesn't it?? and SS+ meals have to comply with the CD "rules" and have no carbs only protein and green veg, I just dont want to swap to SS+ if it doesnt keep you in ketosis and then I feel starving and tired all the time!

I SO wanted to be the type of person on CD that didn't think she was being "deprived" of anything, that I was doing this because I wanted to not because I had to. But the truth is I do HAVE to because i'm so over-weight and because I can't have it, I just can't stop thinking about food!

I'm going to work on being more positive about it this week....but MAY have to change to SS+ to keep me going! So much of my social life revolves around meeting for lunch in pubs / going out for meals and I'm feeling like I've given up so much all at once! If I could have a plain chicken salad when I was out with friends I'd at least feel like part of the human race again!

Ideas / advice / opinions welcome! What does everyone think??

xxxx

It sounds like you really want to do the SS+. It shouldn't take you out of ketosis if you follow the plan properly, and your losses will still be good. It is better to do SS+ properly than to keep cheating on SS. You are right about needing to think carefully about whether you would then want to do 810 etc. I know I would, and that is why I stick to a SS programme, but everyone is different.

If you do decide to change you most definitely will not be a failure, that would be like saying someone had failed because they switched from WW to SW. In fact it shows just how dedicated you are that you are planning the move to make your diet fit your lifestyle, and that is key. If you try and revolve your life around your diet, you will end up unhappy and cave in (can't you just tell I'm talking from experience here! ;))

Whatever you choose, good luck xx

Its my 1st week on CD SS and I don't think I can cope!!

I'm on Day 6 now and don't think I can cope much longer!

I need to be on it until at least Christmas as I have ALOT of weight to lose, a few people have suggested doing the SS+ plan instead to make it more bearable as I'm missing eating with the family, having an actual meal.

I think that I think SS+, with a few days of SS here and there would be MUCH better for me, but if I switch to that now I'll feel like I've failed....other people can manage NO food and SS, why can't I??

I feel like such a failure. I'm going to do SS 100% tomorrow and then WI tues and see how I feel. I think I DO want to swap to SS+ but I'm scared of will I stop there?? Will that lead to 810 plan, to 1000 plan?? It's like I can't control my eating!

I'm seeing a hypnotist to help me with all this next Friday - the appointment cant come quick enough!

I just feel so up and down on this diet! Mornings I'm loving it and then it gets to 3pm + and all I can think about is food, which is why I think if I swapped to SS+ then I know I'm still on a VLCD of around 615cals/day ......I think I'll stick to it much better and not be tempted to cheat when I know I can have a chicken salad / chicken and veg for tea. I'm def going to do a whole week of SS+ anyway to see what the weight loss is like, as I'm on this til Christmas, so if I can test out what weight loss a week on SS+ gives me then I can weigh up what plan I want to do.

I think I'm just expecting too much too soon arent I? I expected to go on CD SS and just not "want" food anymore just because I "want" to be thin so much! But its not gonna work like that or i wouldnt have got this big in the first place! I suppose I've gotta learn to take one step at a time and get used to not going for meals/having takeaways/eating! I've really got to stop picking too!

So I think that maybe upping to SS+ will conquer the picking because I'll have the one meal to look forward to in the evening and then maybe after a few weeks on this I can drop to SS / do SS for 3days out of the week? Like mix it up a bit.

Does anyone know if SS+ keeps you in ketosis? I'm guessing it does if you're already in it, as atkins puts you into ketosis doesn't it?? and SS+ meals have to comply with the CD "rules" and have no carbs only protein and green veg, I just dont want to swap to SS+ if it doesnt keep you in ketosis and then I feel starving and tired all the time!

I SO wanted to be the type of person on CD that didn't think she was being "deprived" of anything, that I was doing this because I wanted to not because I had to. But the truth is I do HAVE to because i'm so over-weight and because I can't have it, I just can't stop thinking about food!

I'm going to work on being more positive about it this week....but MAY have to change to SS+ to keep me going! So much of my social life revolves around meeting for lunch in pubs / going out for meals and I'm feeling like I've given up so much all at once! If I could have a plain chicken salad when I was out with friends I'd at least feel like part of the human race again!

Ideas / advice / opinions welcome! What does everyone think??

xxxx

ss+ does keep you in ketosis and you need to be able to succeed at a diet for it to be useful to you. i would say that if you want to do ss+ and would feel better on it then go for it. there's very little weight loss difference between the 2 in the long run and you need to bend the diet to fit you and your needs.

not everyone can do ss and many people struggle with it so if you would stick to the ss+ better then again do it. it is a hard plan. i was on cd last time round and lost 5 1/2 st in 5 months. i did ss for a long time and enjoyed it and found moving up more difficult as i didn't really want to but it got to the point where i was doing so much exercise that i could no longer cope with my energy levels. eating again for me was a very strange experience but i think that this happens when you do a liquid diet for so long. it could be that after a few months on ss+ you might go back to ss, it's getting into the swing of things.

Just my opinion but I think switching to SS+ will keep you on the diet. It makes more sense to follow a plan that you can stick to. I'm on SS purely because the vegetarian options on SS+ are crap :p It's not failure, simply a sensible decision to make the diet fit your life.

Don't forget that the first week is the hardest! You'll get through it :)

Thank you everyone for replying!

My OH sat me down and gave me a stern talking to last night too! He said almost the very same thing - that I've been so upset and down about my weight for so long and now I'm doing something about it I should be so proud and pleased of myself instead of being down about it! He said, and I quote,

"you think you're some sort of robot Lynsey and because you've decided to do this Cambridge Plan and you really want it (weight loss) you just assume that your body/mind is going to want it too and that you won't want food. But you WILL want food, its natural especially when everyone else is eating or its dinner time and you can see and smell food. But you need to think of what you want more. You also need to realise that youre NOT a robot and if you have a blip and eat or have a little pick that you can congratulate youself on not totally binging out and then draw a line under it and start a new day. Instead, you have a massive panic attack because you've had a small pick at something and then start thinking - I cant do this, I cant cope with not eating, I'm failing! and want to give up."

At the time, I was quite shocked that he'd noticed so much but he'd definately hit the nail on the head! I've got a food addiction so just because I've decided to do CD to lose weight doesn't mean I'm "magically" going to have stopped wanting/liking food!

SO my new theory is this - I'm not going to "choose" a plan, I'm going to let a plan choose me, so if I feel hungry when I get home from work in the nights, I'll drink some water, brush my teeth and busy myself with some task or activity and if I'm STILL hungry 20mins later I'll let myself have a SS+ meal and STOP there. I'm also going to be going to the gym this week so my CDC has advised that I have a SS+ meal on my gym days anyway so I think this is a good thing to be going on with!

I'm also going to be more positive about it - e.g when I WI on a tuesday I'm going to pat myself on the back for ANY loss - as any loss is a step in the right direction and then I will aim to improve on how well I stuck to the plan the following week.

This doesnt mean I'm going to allow myself to "cheat" so that I can "improve" the following week - it means I'm not going to give up whatever gets in my way!

I'm noticing a pattern that I always feel more positive in the morning as I'm not at all hungry when I wake up and then start to wane around 3pm - so today at 3pm I am going to log on and read my positive posts!

Good luck to everyone with their weight loss challenges this week!

xxxx

hey dony beat yourself up, you are doing a very hard thing, not eating! this is a tough diet but with fantastic results! your feelings are normal! it gets better! i am doing ss+ as i did LL last year and couldnt face it again, its great and weight oss is the same! i was in ketosi after 1 day, and have lost 8lb , official WI if tom! keep at it hun, and do whatever makes it better for you.x

Morning hunni

Sorry I can't offer any advice on SS+ but just to let you know that we are all here for you, and yes it is hard, but it does get easier and you will succeed but you need to want it so much - which I think you do.. you just need to let yourself believe that you can do it

Hope that makes sense - you have come so far ...

T
x

Thanks everyone! You're giving me so much hope and support! I love this forum and couldn't suceed without it!

I've decided to do SS+ as my CDC explained its all about fitting it in with your lifestyle and it's not even going up a plan as SS+ is still only step one of CD!

I will feel so much happier on it and it will stop me picking if I know I will be having a meal in the evening anyway. This diet is to lose the weight but also to give me chance to re-educate myself and learn new healthy eating patterns - so if it teaches me not to snack/pick and wait for my main meal thats a fab start surely?

When I get to goal I hope to maintain by still using the CD products for 1-2 meals and then having a main meal per day Mon-Fri with whatever I fancy Sat-Sun (within reason!)

I'm so envious when I see people who don't regularly eat (see - "need") crisps and chocolate and I want to be one of those people!

I AM going to be one of those people after CD!

It's my official WI today and I'm feeling much better about it!

Got on the scales on Saturday - "official" day 4 and I'd only lost between 1-2lbs!! It kept going back and forth between 1-2lbs!

Got on them on Sunday and I'd lost 5lbs! Overnight?? Surely not!

And then yesterday that had gone up to 6lbs (morning) 7lbs (night) and then I just weighed today and it's showing an 8lbs loss!!

8lbs!! I SO hope it stays at this/shows this on my CDC's scales!! As my experience of scales is that every one is different! But this is going by my starting weight on my scales and an 8lbs loss!!

I'll be ecstatic if thats the case!! It's TOTM and I'm very constipated - bloated up like a big balloon! (TMI - but I haven't been since Thursday!!)

I tried Senokot just before bed like it said on the pack and I had a rumbly grumbly belly but still didn't go! I'm getting Fibre89 off my CDC today, to add to my shakes and I'll take more Senokot tonight!

Anyone else fed up of bad breath??

xxxx

Thanks hun,

What else can I take if Senokot isnt working for me, does anyone know??

I really need to go! lol

xxxx

I was advised last time I did this to use a suppository rather than taking anything orally. Luckily I didn't need to in the end but my counsellor told me its not unusual to have to in the first week then get on the fibre stuff to prevent recurrence. Plus maybe increase your water intake.

I suffer with these problems anyway because I have a thyroid problem so know to use the fibre filler stuff from day one - even then I still only go every couple of days and again I was told its normal because you obviously have less being put in to come back out again.

Sorry everyone - not the "nicest" conversation to be having. Oddly when I did CD last time the only thing any of my friends wanted to know was how you still poo! hahahahaha I did point out that the fat you are losing doesn't just magically disappear into thin air lol

The sudden increased weight loss will be from when you entered ketosis and your body has switched into fat burning mode. Its the best bit in the first few weeks because it really keeps the motivation up when you see the scales shifting that much.

Good luck, well done on what you've achieved so far and keep up the good work xx

Back