Need advice please....

Hi ladies xx thanks for ur posts.

Oooh lil miss wrench, somebody else who gained weight!!! Everyone I know and every post I read from ladies who've had the implant say that theyve gained weight!! There must be some truth in it all. How was ur doctor about taking it out? I went to my doctors in July/august to ask for it to be taken out as I thought I was gaining weight because of it and the doctor basically said the implant would not cause weight gain and they would refer me for diabetes tests. Results came back negative and doctor reiterated again that I needed to follow a healthy diet and the implant would not cause it. I know I will have issues with them agreeing to remove it. Thank u for ur post though. I will maybe speak to a family planning centre and see if they will remove it. Knowing my doctors opinion I was tempted to say we wanted another baby, get it removed and then after say we've changed our mind and ask for the pill! Ha xx

Fraufrau... It went brilliantly!! The counsellor is the same age as me and lost 9 stone (I want to lose 7). She can totally relate to my situation, felt like I was chatting to a friend. She's maintained her weight for 4 years, feel really inspired that it will work. So far had an apple and cinnamon porridge and a choc shake. Got soup for tea. I need to perfect my blending skills!! Had a few lumps! Ha x still it all tasted quite nice and I've drank loadsa water too. How have you done? What day are u on? Thanks for ur post xxx

I rang the family planning clinic to remove it and she asked why, I said It was giving me headaches and making me moody which was causing a strain on my relationship...I didn't mention the weight gain just in case. They booked an appointment right away. My sister went to her docs and they were reluctant to take it out even though it made her have a permanent period for 8months, they made her keep it in for a further 6months but put her on the pill as well!!, then she politely said if you don't remove it I will remove it myself.

Brilliant news ShelleyLou!! I am so glad it went well for you! I am on day 3 today and I must say I have not cheated once! Am really looking forward to getting weighed on Saturday morning!! As for weight gain with contraception, I was on depo injections for years and gained loads of weight, so have recently had a coil fitted with no hormones, so I can't blame my weight on anything now!! Let me know how tomorrow goes! Xxx

Back