Need advice- should I continue?

Seaneen

Short and pink
I know I've been posting about this a lot but I need proper advice because I'm indecisive.

Basically, I'm considering stopping the CD. But what I don't want to do is go onto another diet like SW or whatever because I don't want to be a on diet forever.

I still have a stone to lose. But 810 was a disaster and I lost next to nothing. I'm back on SS and I'm fed up. I feel totally deprived- it's been months now, all to lose just 3 stone- have no energy and am sick of the expense. I feel like my body is rebelling against being on so few calories for so long- it just seems like it now refuses to give up the weight. I've had so little energy recently that it's been nigh on impossible for me to exercise. I just feel like crap.

The obsession and worry about not losing weight on such a low calorie, extreme plan has also triggered some quite unhealthy thinking in me- for example, I have occasionally abused laxatives in order to lose weight. And the being weighed publically every week- and each week losing next to nothing- is becoming traumatic.

I want to lose that last 14lbs but it does not seem to be happening here. I drink loads of water and rarely cheat and it's not working.

I was thinking of embarking on the GI plan. I don't really consider that a diet because it's pretty much just healthy eating. But I'm scared of not losing weight. And, because i've been so obsessively focused on it, I'm terrified of gaining weight.

Does anyone have any advice?

Hi Hun

I know what you mean about feeling you are always on a diet. Why not try the old 80/20 rule? ie if you are good 80% of the time, eating good healthy food, the other 20% will take care of itself, especially if you incorporate this with exercise.

Good luck x

I don't know, I guess it's not structured enough for me. I know that by simply "healthy eating" I will probably just maintain my weight instead of losing weight.

Arggggh. I don't know. In all honesty I just hate this flipping diet and am so pissed off and tired of it, and tired of my tiny losses. It's only 14 friggin' pounds and my weight has barely moved in a month.

Only walking about 30 mins a day. Honestly, I have so little energy and my mood is so low that I can barely manage more than that. Before CD I used to cycle everywhere. I don't have the energy anymore.

Maybe theres your answer? why not take a long term view, eat healthily and up your exercise. Perhaps aim for 1lb a week, you can achieve this by having 250 calories per day less than your maintenance level, and do 250 calories of exercise a day. You will also tone up and look slimmer. I know its easier said than done though but this will also stand you in good stead when you reach your goal. x

Where do you live?
I am feeling inspired today... maybe we could go for a run together and get those pounds moving.

Have you tried looking at a site called 'weightlossresources'?
I have used it in the past to lose weight, I really reccommend it. Loads of maintainers use it when they finish cd cos it works out how many cals u need everyday. They do 1 day free trial so go have a look.
I agree that if you are feeling so low and with such little energy you should come off CD. I suffer from those things too on CD (though its getting better the more weight I lose).
If you only have a stone to lose a more 'normal' diet will prob suit you better
xx

I know it's been said before but maybe try a higher plan - even for a week. I've just been looking at the booklet and the stuff you get on 1000 calories or even 1200 calories is fantastic. I think most people's loss slows down towards the end but it seems to improve when they eat more. The higher calorie plans are more like "normal" eating.

You have done so well don't lose heart now. Even if you decide CD is not for you something else will be.

Best of luck.

What about trying some hypnotherapy,to help with the thought processes?You should maybe think about confiding in your counsellor,what you have told us? Could you?

well since you are feeling negative - talk to a counsellor but since you r nearer the end of your journey - eat more and excercise more - maybe that would help you

Thank you for the replies everyone! You're awesome.

I did talk to my CDC, who advised SS til the 30th, which is when I'm going on holiday and I do want to be in my 8s by then. But they did agree that by all means if I don't feel good on this anymore then continuing is just going to depress me. Hypnotherapy is interesting and something I've always wanted to try but I'm on Income Support, and can't really afford stuff like that. I can barely afford the CD, which is another reason I'm having enough of it.

9st is most definitely not my ideal weight but I think my body might think it is because I haven't been lighter than that since I was 15!

I'll give it another week, I think, and then I am going to move onto GI and exercise. I would love my energy back so that I could go cycling again. It's good, though, as after months on this diet, the things I am craving to eat are lovely things like fruit and humous.

My poor OH loves the CD so I'll still support him with it. :)

Just so scary, I am just so scared of gaining weight! The thread about water weight has reminded me that I might gain 4lbs just by eating non low carb. But, I haven't been in ketosis for weeks so I already have glycogen floating around.

Back