Need advice

xxxjessiexxx

Silver Member
I'm due to have miss Millie on 26 th june il b in hospital 2-3 days which will take me to beginning of July then i have about 20 days b4 I go on my summer holidays my plan in the 20 days is to diet and do a lot of walking I want to shift at least 2 stone because when I go away it will b so difficult to eat healthy we stay with my mil and eat out and drinking etc and it's me year holiday I will b bang on diet even more when I get back in August x so do u girls think for the 20 days I should do Cambridge diet or ww or calorie count x advice I don't loose weight easy obv u can all c how much I have gained so far x

Is the plan to diet straight after having the baby then? You don't want to put to much pressure on yourself as you'll have gone through enough but I know what you mean as I am at a wedding 4 weeks after due date and want to have lost a bit. Are you planning to breast feed as this may affect your choice of diet as well? I think its best to choose what you think you will lose the most on (without being to hard) and go with that and then at least you can have meals prepared or in the freezer in advance. I'm going to do sw straight after so will make sure I have plenty of beans, pasta and potatos in x

I'm going to try to eat healthyish for maybe the first week, eating small portions, eat as little bread as possible. Then I'm going to calorie count for a couple of weeks and really going to concentrate on the 5 a day fruit and veg, 6-8 glasses of water, low carbs etc. Or that's the plan. in total so far including baby weight I've got 6st 7lb's to lose so it's going to take me quite some time. Hopefully I'll lose around 1st from birth, then hope to lose another 1-2 stone in 3/4 months and then the rest gradually x

Jessie- Enjoy your new baby and I wud say ww or cal counting is probably best to do for the first few wks and ur probably lose around 2 stone after birth, I lost 22lbs after birth and I hardly had any fluid it was just baby weight. I know ur be recovering from section but when you feel up to it go out for walks with Millie in the buggy up and down hills is great excerise im sure that will help to speed up the weightloss. I walk an hr a day with my double buggy mainly doing school runs but starting to notice the difference already.

As for diet Im calorie counting, its just easier for me to follow with looking after a new baby, toddler and doing school runs, so choose a diet that your be able to stick too hun.

Teri sounds like a good plan, I only want to lose 2 and half stone to get me into the 11's again, im aiming for half stone a mth.

It's just my ideal weight was 11st I was there for years. realistically I'll prob be happy to be at 12st if I get stuck there. Although I'm more bothered by dress size than weight. Will be happy if I can get to size 14. I was 15st somethin both times when I got pregnant and 15st was the heaviest I'd been by far before pregnancies so I was already struggling with my weight but I will have had 2 children quite close together and also wedding in between so it's been quite eventful last two years. I can't wait to enjoy my family but also get into the weight loss, I think I'll find it easier this time as well being on here with you guys. I did 4 n half st last time so I'm confident I can do it again x

You've had a busy 2 yrs so its natural to gain bit of weight in that time. Our weights are quite similar after I had emily I was 11 st for 2 and half yrs then the weight crept on, I always used to be between a 12 to 14 in dress size, im a 16 now so wud love to be a 14 again. But I have been bigger than a 16, being on here is going really help us as it doesnt feel like ur doing it alone, most of my friends are skinny so its not like I can ask them for advice on dieting x

Same here, especially the girls at my work are always dieting and they are so slim naturally, I don't think they've seen past a size 12 drives me nuts lol so I can't exactly ask how they do it x

Back