Need advice

Noo

Hi
I'm quite new on here (hence the lack of snazzy sign off lol!)and really need some advice.
I'm on wwek 6 of CD and so far my WL has been like this:
Wk 1 - 8lb (Wow!)
Wk 2 - 2lb
Wk 3 - 2lb
Wk 4 - 5lb
Wk 5 - nothing!!!

My CDC and I have tried to work out how I managed not to lose a single lb and can't. It's not totm, I was 100% SSing, got weighed first thing in the morning before I'd drunk any water or anything.

I read the thread earlier about exercise - I have been going running 3 times a week but my CDC has encouraged this, also a couple of days I've only had 2 1/2 packs as I split them and then forget to eat the other half but have done this on other weeks and it has not affected anything.

Any advice?

Can I ask how much water you're drinking generally and how much this last week? IT can affect your loss.

BTW A few weeks ago I lost nothing despite my 6l water etc and the following week lost 7lb!

I'm sure other people will have good advice, but the only thing I can say is stick with it. No matter what stunts your body pulls to hang on to the weight, at this level of cals, sooner or later it'll have to let the weight go. Just stay tough mentally.

Hiya

Ok firstly you do have weeks like that! Sometimes you just can't explain them but the bigger pictures is that you have 17 pounds in just over a month so doing very well.

Personally I would recommend that you DON'T RUN but do walking instead or maybe swimming.

Also you MUST MUST get all your packs down, the protein is protecting your muscle and hence you really must! And you will lose LESS weight if you don't have the packs as your body will freak out.

Apart from that just relax and the scales will move! You can't sustain body weight on 420 calories a day!

M.

Thanks guys.

Soraya - Water consumption is generally as follows
Before 8am (journey to work) 0.5 litres
8-12 - 1 litre
12-6 - 1 litres (at least)
7- bedtime - 1 litre (at least)

Ice moose - is speed walking OK?

lol speed walking!! You exercise freak you ;-)

The advice is not to raise your heart rate up into the 100 plus so if you can walk fast and keep it low then yes.

M.

Icemoose

Do you get this same affect when you reach 25 BMI and still sole source as I have those symptoms and my CDC has not told me to move up a programme but I have noticed from information on this forum that he probably should have?

Dizzy x

Hi ther
As Mike has said we all get weeks like that but it will come of,have you mesured yourself?Have the inches started to come off.
!7 lb in 5 weeks if great,keep focased on that 17lb.
Its just your body playing sillies,Donot like to ask but have you been going to the loo ok [no.2s] as if not that could be your prob.
Just take it easy,drink the water have your packs and it will come of.

Icemoose

Do you get this same affect when you reach 25 BMI and still sole source as I have those symptoms and my CDC has not told me to move up a programme but I have noticed from information on this forum that he probably should have?

Dizzy x

Hiya Dizzy

If your BMI is 25 then you MUST stop sole source and move up to a food/pack based mix i.e. Cambridge 1000 to continue your weight loss. You must not be on sole source with a normal BMI full stop.

Mike

Thanks Mike

I was kind of getting that impression. I have only just reached a BMI of 25 (5ft 9in, 12stone 2lb). I don't have any information on other programmes. Do you think I should call my CDC or shall I find this info for myself and start immediately?

Thanks again

Dizzy

Mike, your a *star*

I've been pondering the exercise thing and seeking advice :confused: Unfortunately my CDC is not fab and has no advice on exercise whatsoever (don't think she does any LOL!)

The thing about the heart rate makes good sense (though my resting heart rate is high about 80bpm). I had been swimming - but not gentle, tearing up and down the pool plus swimming under water, all of which was probably too much and explains why I felt shocking yesterday.

I shall be off to the gym now, as all the machine have monitors on them and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks again.

Thanks again for all your advice.
I weigh in on a Wednesday and usually weigh myself on a Sunday too so will report back!

Thanks Mike

I was kind of getting that impression. I have only just reached a BMI of 25 (5ft 9in, 12stone 2lb). I don't have any information on other programmes. Do you think I should call my CDC or shall I find this info for myself and start immediately?

Thanks again

Dizzy

Give your CDC a ring, you need to get the Yellow weight care with Cambridge book that explains the refeeding process and what you need to do.

Maintenance and going back to food is when your CDC is sooooooo important as you need to get someone back to food carefully and then help them maintain.

M.

Cheers M!

I am so glad I have found this out as I really want to do this properly. I was relaxed following my CDC's instructions because he does have many years experience.

But I don't want to jeopardise my health or future success for anything.

Dizzy

Back