Need advise, night out Friday...

HappyNoodles

Gold Member
Well I'm on day ten and feeling amazing, loads of energy, motivation and no desire whatsoever to cheat even when DP is having dinner etc. A friend in work is leaving on Friday and I had intended on making up an excuse no babysitter etc but today she was saying she's nervous not many people will turn up so I can't just not go. I said I'd defo show my face but I'm nervous that the atmosphere will get to me and I'll cave and have a drink which I know could turn to me finding it very hard to get back on board.
What would you lot do? A planner night off which I'm scared could be the end for me- its taken a lot of failed attempts for me to get this far. Would you make up an excuse but get a nice card etc and not go, or go and have everyone question why I'm not drinking?
Iiik

You could go and drink water and say youve either had a headache all day or your on antibiotics, both are good excuses and totally believeable

Just drink coke zero and tell people its coke and vodka. I've drank loads of diet coke during my time in LT and have been in constant ketosis with good weight loss.

Or yes, lie about being sick and say that alcohol will interact with your antibiotics and decrease its efficacy (which is true in some cases).

I would go and just say you have to go somewhere really early in the morning so cant be drinking plus gives you an excuse to leave early! x

Thanks lovlies!
Still not really sure what to do, truth is drinking or not I'd want to be home early. I've a 6 month old baby and working full time my natural reaction when I leave my desk is to race home to her! Bit sad I know but its making LT very easy!
If it wasn't for my.conversation with the girl today I'd probably make up an excuse but it must be horrible wondering who will show, the company has been downsized a lot since we started!
I'm a bit scared to do the coke zero thing, once I start dabbling in little things it progresses too fast into dabbling my head into a big chocolate cake ;)
Oh I just wish I didn't have to go, though I really like the girl and would feel awful not going.x

Dammit! Double whammy, another very good friend from work just texted to say it'll be her leaving doo too, she knows about LT and of corse is cool with me sticking to it.
Honestly, what would you do? Would you have a few drinks? :(

At least having someone there who knows about LT should help..? Talk to the friend who knows you're on LT about how worried you are, she might be able to help you get through the night by sticking with you x

If i was you.... its taken a lot of wrk to get where you are and tbh if they're leaving then thats they're problem... how harsh does that sound.... lol...

But this is about you and you have to put you first!!! Its not down to you to make up numbrs and your a lovely person for not wanting to hurt her!! But if you are feeling so anxious about it hunni.... dont go!!!

XXX

I agree fully thanks a mill girls, its so true this is way more important than a headcount! It's taken years to get me back to this focused point that it simply doesn't bother me not eating because I have an image of my life at goal in my mind every day.
I love this place thanks x

Well, I popped my head in last night but nobody had arrived yet but as its our work pub there was a friend of mine there that I used to live with so I told her my story and when everyone arrived she came up to the bar with me and helped me sneakily get a fizzy water-vodka and 7up ;)- I stayed for 2 hours, bought my friend who was leaving a drink, had two fizzy waters, a great catch up with old collegues and came home happy :) thanks for all the replies!
It has made me more determined than ever to stick with it, dying to go out looking and feeling great about myself in nice clothes but I'm also glad I didn't need to ne drinking to enjoy myself. When I'm on it a bit longer I won't be hiding it so much and will go over for a catch up and fizzy water :)
Weigh in today eeeek!x

That's fantastic, well done! Your willpower is stronger than you thought! How did you do on the weigh-in?x

Well the pharmacy was just a mess and the woman wasn't trained so I had to weigh in at home and on another pharmacy machine to be sure and its been 1 stone in total-don't know weight loss last week either grrr chemist! I'll be on it 2 weeks on Monday, in fairness I've a lot to lose so it doesn't show yet but that's one whole stone less I have to lose now YIPPIEEE!x

Fab! Even if it's only a proportion of what you've got to lose in total you'll start to feel it yourself, with clothes etc. Well done :) x

Back