need an explanation

duncan

Silver Member
I've just read a post about someone doing cd and then going onto slimming world. ( i did sw a few years ago and lost a few stone), it suited me at the time and did mainly green days (carbs), so with cd being low carb diet and (i for example) went onto sw green day, wouldnt i be doing the total opposite to what ive just done??????, so my theory being id get bloated and put weight on,
Could someone explain my thinking:D

i think initially yes you would. even when you move up the plans on cd there are times people have gained when more carbs are introduced but this is only a momentary blip as your fat cells start swelling with a bit of water - but you should/will have less fat cells, then your body balances itself out again.

you would need to reintroduce carbs gradually by working up the plans and when you start eating carbs again yes you will gain some fluid pounds .. but your body would get re adjusted again and then you would start loosing weight due to the calorie defesit rather than ketosis .. so the first week you may be a few pounds heavier but then you would loose this again quickly .
I am thinking about swapping to SW in about 4 weeks :)

My intention is to lose another 2 stone with SS and then work through the plans to (hopefully) lose the last stone and then follow the slimming world plan to help me maintain. I have used slimming world previously and lost without feeling i was depriving myself - just not enough loss quick enough! lol! It's a good plan and like the others have said it'll only be temporary if you do gain some water weight. I think they also do a plan now where you have a combination of red and green meals in one day so this might be a good stepping stone for you to do before going back to completely green days. Good luck! :)

Back