Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Need damn good talking to!!!

Discussion in 'Diet Chef' started by JanD, 14 February 2009 Social URL.

1. JanD

JanD maintaining since June'09

Start Weight:
    15st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st9.9lb(30.02%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World, Dietchef, Lipotrim - now maintaining (I hope!).
    Hi Folks .......

As the title says - I need a damn good talking to ..... I don't know what's the matter with me.

I'm completely out of control - it doesn't feel like a 'blip' it feels like the rocky road :sigh: ..... you know what I mean.

I don't want to allow it to go on as I know what'll happen and it'll be back to square 1 - YET again ... :(

Now I know what might be said - I've said it myself in the past, but I'm thinking about doing Lipotrim for a boost ... I've been talking to someone on here who thinks it's the dog's whatsits and, looking around the losses do seem fantastic.

I know the arguements ...... not re-educating, easy to regain, hair falling out, periods stopping (too late for me! ;)), messing up metabolism, anti-social ...etc etc etc but I'm still finding it tempting.

I'm thinking 3 months and I can have lost or at least made terrific inroads into what I want to lose and then the rest of my life to re-educate.....

Then I think - but if I can't stick to DC - which is yummy - how will I stick to that?? And I think the answer to that is NO CHOICES ..... maybe I need that rigidity...? :rolleyes:

I just wish I could find that ruddy mojo of mine which seems to have deserted me .... :confused:

We have friends coming round tonight and I'd love to talk to her about it - I can talk to her about most things - but as she's the friend who runs the SW class I'm weigh-lady at I pretty much know what she'd have to say about it!! :eek:

:lost::sign0009:

Hope you all have a lovely Valentine's Night xxxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. CarolineM

CarolineM Stubborn and doing it

Lipotrim is an excellent diet - during the sole source stage it is not so much about education in action but about dealing with addiction - breaking that dependance on food. The education comes from reading during sole sourcing and during the re-introduction of food phase. People sometimes cut corners and don't spend enough time on the maintenance side. As with any diet, it is a long term commitment.

If you want to give it a go, then go for it - that's my advice. It isn't easy, but the loses are fantastic :D

My word of advice, if you go for it, is invest in some psyllium husk tablets and some Fibre Sure or such like - the fibre is lacking big time and we all know where that leads. Oh, and don't even think about trying the bars cos they are yuck yuck yuck - e.g. cardboard hehe!

4. JanD

Start Weight:
    15st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st9.9lb(30.02%)
    Diet:
    Thanks Caroline ....... I can't make up my mind what to do.

Consensus seems to be that the chicken soup is nauseating ...... reviews on the 'flapjacks' are mixed.

According to their website there are 2 chemists that do it within walking distance of me ..... being me I would take that as an omen (yes I AM nuts :)) ...... but I'm still not sure.

Thanks for being so supportive and not just dismissing it out of hand - I know a lot of people would!

I've been doing battle with my weight for over 30 years .... hey maybe that's half the problem - seeing it as a battle!!!! Sometimes I can just get on with it and sometimes - like now - it feels impossible ...

I'm so glad i found this forum. Actually I didn't find it YOU sent me here!! Thank YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :):):)

5. CarolineM

I was an obese child, an obese teen and am an obese adult - only time I was thin was up until about 6 years old. It can sometimes feel like a battle and has done for me for years - life can be so cruel when you are large, sigh!

Like you, when things are going right, I just do it. I focus on health not so much on weight these days - hopefully the weight will follow, but any plateaus won't seem so bad if I think of more than just the scales.

Maybe having two pharmacies near you is an omen. Way I see it, you won't know how it works for you if you don't give it a go. We'll be here to help you through the first few rough days :)

6. JanD

Start Weight:
    15st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st9.9lb(30.02%)
    Diet:
    Ah that's really good to know - I thought I might have to de-camp to the Lipotrim bit of the forum - though I'll probably go there as well.

I too was the obese child and teenager ..... 'teased' at school etc. but I only started doing the 'battle' at about 21. I joined a branch of The old 'Slimming' club and weighed in at 10.5st!!!!!!! What I wouldn't give to be that now!!

I often wonder what would have happened if I hadn't done that because really i was fine then - I just didn't realise it!

Thanks again for your support and well done on how you're getting on at the moment!! Keep it up! :)

7. CarolineM

Thanks Jan :)

I honestly believe dieting had made me fatter!

8. JanD

Start Weight:
    15st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st9.9lb(30.02%)
    Diet:
    Me too :(

Smiley face for visitors now :):):):) ;)

9. F.A.R

F.A.R Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    good old exercise n cutting out junk
    I think that whatever u choose u will be supported by people . :)

10. shep

shep Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.04%)
    Diet:
    I'm changin my lifestyle not dieting using CS
  11. JanD

Start Weight:
    15st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st9.9lb(30.02%)
    Diet:
    Thanks guys! Still wondering but leaning towards doing it .......

We have a short break to Scotland booked for the last week in March - I'm wondering if it's possible to sort of 'ease up' on it for a few days without doing too much damage. Just maybe having a 'healthy' evening meal so OH doesn't have to be a billy in the restaurant ...........

I think if I'm going to do it I just have to go for it - there'll never be a 'good' time.

Thanks again xx

12. CarolineM

When I was doing Cambridge, I had the occasional meal but kept it low carb - mainly prawns/chicken and green salad minus dressing - it's naughty you it means you don't get knocked out of ketosis, and if you do, it only takes a day to get back into it as there really isn't enough carbs in a green salad to go forth and make glycogen.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.