Need Help from CDC or Long Term CD Dieter?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by GTPeach, 24 September 2008 Social URL.

1. GTPeach

GTPeach The Nerdy Singer

Badges:
    Maintainer
    Hey -

I'm a university student and finances are very very tight the past couple of weeks and will be for another week or so.

As a result, I have yet to order my CD food. I have a distributor locally that I can get to if necessary, but....

If it ends up being a few days in between when my food runs out and my new food gets here, is there anything I can do to keep with the diet and keep in ketosis despite being a couple days without???

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. spooky

spooky Banned

If you run out of food i would stick to the low carb/green and white principles in the book. Its not really a good long term solution though and there's no guarantee you will stay in ketosis. Also because a diet like this is unlikely to be nutritionally balanced you may see fluctuations in your loss.
    Have a look at low GI options when choosing your foods and keep a tight rein on portion control.

GTPeach likes this.
  4. night-owl

night-owl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(17.84%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan Step 2
    Why don't you buy yourself a tub of SlimFast to keep you going in between? Tesco's often do three for the price of two.

5. GTPeach

GTPeach The Nerdy Singer

Badges:
    Maintainer
    My mom has it; I can't have SlimFast without gagging and puking. It's just nasty. :(

6. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Slimfast also won't keep you in ketosis.

Stick with protein/veg or salad options as Spooky said - a bit of Atkins really.

GTPeach likes this.
  7. GTPeach

GTPeach The Nerdy Singer

Badges:
    Maintainer
    Thanks, guys. :)

8. edibeedee

edibeedee Optifast Girl!

Diet:
    Optifast
    I guess it is diff for everyone. i did Slim Fast for 2 mos before optifast. I went into ketosis in the 1st wk of slim fast and have been in it ever since. started slim fast june 5 of this year.
    edi

9. abz

abz Gold Member

slimfast isn't food replacement though so you would have to have the 'balanced meal' option too.

keep the carbs down and do as flirty says. atkinsish but without the high fat content. best if you don't end up in the situation though hon. if you can't get takeaway, drink alcohol, get snacks or buy food at uni you probably won't find it as expensive as you think. saying that i used to spend far less than £35 a week but you see my point, ha. uni takeaways were the beginning of a whole new slide into weight gain for me. :)

abz xx

10. GTPeach

GTPeach The Nerdy Singer

Badges:
    Maintainer
    I never drink or eat junky food - esp. not since this diet. The expense has been coming because I have uni expenses, petrol has gone way up (yes I know you guys pay a lot more, but your transit systems are much better so you don't have to drive as far, as often. I go about 75 miles a day back and forth), I'm having to buy new clothes almost weekly because mine are falling off and so even the clearance racks get expensive after that much replacement.... it's all just been adding up; my bills have increased and my wages have not. :-\

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.