Need Help & Support ...

xjemloux

I'm not wallowing in self pity here I'm just trying to let people understand a bit about me as a person before any advice etc is given...

I'm 27, single parent of 6 year old twins (father sees them maybe once every month) & a 1 year old (father has zero involvement)..

I've always been the 'bigger' one out of friends, although when I look back on pictures I wasn't actually fat like they used to call me?! I was bullied all through my school years & as much as I love my father he was a very strict father with high expectations in everything I done which didn't help me in anyway - because of all this I have never 'felt good enough' have had no self esteem, lack in confidence & I put on this almighty confident front, somehow?!

I'm fed up of having no self worth, thinking im not good enough, ive had 27years of this but in those 27 years I havnt helped myself, food has been my only comfort, my only control, the one thing ive been able to do & not felt like ive been letting it down - lol can't believe how silly that sounds but it's true. I NEED to feel better about myself but in my 23 stone body, I'm never going to feel that way & I need to gain my confidence back ... I have a heart of gold, & deep down I think I have a lot to give to people, friends, family etc but I cant see past my fat!!!

I am lazy now though, I am full of motivation for a week & I then lose it, it all becomes too 'hard' to exercise everyday when the 3 kids go to bed - what a lame excuse.

any advise on exercises I can do, ways to motivate myself etc anything at all would be greatly appreciated :)

Welcome to the forum, what weight loss plan are you following?

do you have a wii fit? You could use that when the children are in bed, or simple things like walking to & from school (you may do this already) is there somebody who could babysit whilst you exercise, say go swimming, or if you feel too self conscious how about walking? You could do that on the evening, just set yourself mini challenges, you may find it helps if you listen to music.

hiya thankyou for replying, I'm not following any particular plan, my plan is to eat less & exercise more - at the moment I eat too much & don't exercise at all . for me it's the motivation, but im feeling now like its now or never it has to be done. I do walk back and for the school, but it's not a long walk - I could go walking some days after the school run though with the baby in the buggy. unfortunately although I have support from friends & family by speaking over the phone, I have nobody who can babysit for me for me to exercise, I am very rarely away from the kids as family work so much & to me it's not fair on them to have to babysit in the very little spare time they do have. my only option is to exercise when the kids go to bed, which to me has become boring in the past.

Aww Hun I know how you feel. I've always felt the fat one out my friends as they have always been a size 10 and I was a size 14. Looking back I wasn't big at all certainly not as big as I felt anyway. I'm now 27 and 24 stone! So I'm
Starting the Cambridge Diet! Yes it's expensive but I am wanting children at the end of 2014 so need this weight off!! I believe we have it in us! Altho we have a harder journey a head of us we have a huge inspiration our children (my future children) lol. Good luck Hun xxx

Back