Need help with Salmon recipes :-(

Mollyrock

I have been trying to introduce fish into my diet and bought a big bag of Salmon......and i don't like it :eek:
Any ideas for disguising the taste would be gratefully appreciated. :(

I love salmon!! Its my fave food.

I marinade it in lots of dark soy sauce and ground ginger. Then stirfry it with spring onions and mushrooms and serve with noodles.

Or how about making fish cakes? Not done them myself but just cook the salmon (in microwave) then flake in to mash with some onions and bake. Probably can coat in breadcrumbs (syns or hexb). Am sure there will be some recipes for them on here somewhere

Thanks Jen, they both sound good. I love spring onions x

Ok thankyou :)))))

I flake cooked salmon into pasta that's been tossed with garlic & herb cream cheese and green beans/asparagus etc. You could also add prawns.

You could try allrecipes.co.uk for ideas, I find it a brill site for different recipe ideas.

Pete’s Salmon Fishcakes (2013)

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Tsp English mustard
1 Lemon, zest & juice (ss) (sff)
1 heaped Tbsp. of dried parsley
1 Tbsp. dill
1 Egg (ff)
2 Slices of 400g wholemeal bread (1 day old) for breadcrumbs (2Heb/2= 1heb per person)
2 Salmon Fillets (ff)
2 Floury Large potatoes (ff)
S & P

Method

In a large saucepan, cook the potatoes in salty water, when the water starts to boil, place a Chinese bamboo steamed on top, place the salmon fillets in it , skin side down, with some of the lemon juice drizzled over them, season well. Cook for 20 mins until the potatoes & salmon are cooked, remove the steamer & place the salmon in a large mixing bowl with the skin removed, drain the potatoes & mash, add to the mixing bowl, allow to cool, mix with the zest of the lemon, mustard, dill, ½ of the parsley & any remaining juice, shape into fishcakes.
In a small bowl, break the egg & beat well, in another place the breadcrumbs & the other ½ of the parsley, mix together.
Dip the salmon into the egg then into the breadcrumbs, cover well then place in a frying pan, cook until browned then turn over.

Salmon Fishcakes-3 (Small).JPGSalmon Fishcakes, beans & Egg (Small).JPG

Back