Need inspiration for attack menus and tips for flavouring yogurt please!

DukanAli

Hi everybody

I am planning to start Dukan with my partner as of Monday and have got (and mostly read) both the main diet and recipe books but there's quite a few things in them that the other half wouldn't eat as he doesn't like curry or spicy foods etc. What sort of things did you eat on the attack phase if you have fairly conservative tastes?

I also struggle with unflavoured yogurt - both ordinary natural yogurt and the greek stuff - and find that I really need to have yogurt quite strongly flavoured in general. What can I add to it? I know I can add sweetener I've also seen mention of adding jelly crystals but which ones do you buy and how much do you add? I also have lemon and strawberry essences in my baking cupboard - does anybody know if these are ok?

Also, has anybody got a sample shopping list for the attack phase? I don't want to end up eating too much or too little, and when it says "scrambled eggs" or "smoked salmon" in the book that's just a little bit too vague for my poor old brain. How much would you normally eat?

Oh, just thought of another question - the recipe for the oat bran muffins uses non fat fromage frais, presumably unflavoured but where on earth do you find it? I've been on several of the main supermarket online shopping sites and they only seem to list products for kids, and not a single pot of "ordinary" fromage frais in sight. (Mind you, that could also be my ageing eyesight that seems to go with my poor old brain!)

Thank you - and sorry to start off my Dukan experience with such a rambling first post!

Ali

Hi, sorry this hasn't been seen, hopefully some of this will help.

Firstly the shopping list, I would plan a menu for the whole week in advance of going shopping. I bought chicken, beef, turkey mince, cottage cheese, eggs. Obv other bits as well, but you could then do plain beef for other half and do some spiced foryou. chicken is versitle, can be cooked for anything.

Google some recipes, there s afew sites out there.

Yogurt, I add my sweetner and then a capful of flavourings.....yes they both ok so long as they not oil based...check the ingredients. I also have vanilla and almond which I use loads.

Make some mini quiches....for every 1 egg use a full tablespoon of cottage cheese, I usually do x 3 for each. Mix together well. Add some flavours of choice and cook for 20mins in oven at approx 160, then check it, top will be cooked but inner might need longer. i use silicon muffin moulds, they come out so much easier.

Flavours for quiches, I use salmon and prawn........or ham and onion (very small amount for attack)

Muffins, non of the recipes i use have fromage frai, but they do use quark. Which is usually where soft cheese spreads are. However, I buy Fromage Frais in asda on the yogurt aisle. Its usually where they have the greek / zero / natural yogurts. Massive tub for £1.

Good luck

Hi Ali sorry I didn't see your post either a belated welcome to you! Attack can be a little tedious my best advice would be pop some spices on your shopping list to keep things interested. I swear by the very lazy chilli and garlic jars (most brands use oil but the very lazy range use vinegar) be sure to read the labels carefully! The best tip someone gave me when I started was to use sugar free drinks ie sprite and coke zero to make ice lolley's with I find these are helpful when I'm in the mood for something sweet! Good luck! X x

be careful with the sprite though, its not totally friendly, as its a lemon/lime which is strictly a fruit. I have been drinking it for the last two days as I had seen it mentioned too, and I have gained weight both days.

Coke zero is best, and Aldi black lid one is the best priced one i have seen

I agree don't drink the sprite Zero as it does contain fruit but I do use it for lollys bit I only have one every few days so it doesn't seem to make a difference! X

hello - im a newbie on this forum, but im a 'starting again' on dukan, im on day 2 of attack - I lost 47lbs on dukan in 2011. So here are my tips to you -

1. I lived on extra lean minced beef & onions, fried them then drained fat, added herbs & oxo (i dont this is stictly allowed but it worked for me) boiling water & a bit of cornflour to make a gravy. So on a PP day I would have this on its own, then the next day PV I would use the other half and have it with brocoli & cauliflower, or make a carrot & swede mash topping & make cottage pie.
2. Quiche - that is mentioned above. My recepie was 4 eggs, a tub of low fat cottage cheese with onions and chives. 5 slices of crumbed ham chopped into little pieces, place into an oven proof dish then beat eggs mix with cottage cheese, then pour over the ham cook 180 for 35 mins of til golden brown.
3. Steak & onions & Chicken & onions.
4. Beef casserole.

With the flavourings I bought 0% greek total yogurt, add sweetner, then I bought the flavouringd from the Dukan Website. I know they are pricey, but I couldnt have lost the weight without them. I use about 10 drops in each yogurt. And they last forever.

Hope this helps....massive good luck..

xx

welcome Andi, thanks for your tips. Crumbed ham, I had to read that twice cos i thought it said crumbled LOL. But isn't crumb made from breadcrumbs or something similar. Prob too many carbs. Obv you did good though. Good luck this time.

Fomage frais you'll find in all the super markets, sainsburys sell 500g pots for £1, it's their Be Good range.

When it comes to amounts of things, mostly you can have however much you like, the more the better with regards to proteins. I usually have 4-6 egg whites scrambled, sometimes ill make one or two of them a whole egg. Play around with the quantities. If you're still hungry have more next time.

I have full eggs anyway, but then if cholestrol isn't a problem its ok.

You're probably well on your way by now, But I love a roast chicken, turkey or beef for my PP days. Don't forget you are allowed 2 fat free fruit flavoured yogurts per day. Like muller light or, I have recently discovered muller greek style fat free yogurts which are really yummy. Have tried strawberry and coconut (seperate flavours) which are great. This week I have peach and lemon (seperate flavours) and these are lovely if you are fancying something sweet.

too many sugars in those yogurts, much better to buy natural fat free and flavour and sweeten our selves.

Back